Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Into the Fray

A Mercenaries/Teen Titans Crossover.if anyones has played Mercenaries: playground of destruction, they'll know what I'm yammering about.

Chapter 3 - Into the Fray

Chapter 3 - Into the Fray
Disclaimer: I only own Trigger, who is an OC. Everything else is not mine.


Chapter 3: Into the Fray

"Cy, what´s our ETA to the DMZ?" asked Robin. "We´ve got ten minutes until we lower the cargo ramp." Cyborg replied. Then, he turned to the reserve pilot sitting next to him. "You remember how to land this?" Cyborg asked the pilot. The pilot said, "Sure. All I have to do is cut off the power to the turbofan engines during approach, then rotate the angle of the main engines to land." "Good." said Cyborg. "Now take over." The pilot took the controls as Cyborg and the rest of the Titans entered the T-Car, strapped in, and got ready for the drop. Fiona gave Cyborg a last minute briefing, saying, "You´ll be dropped into `the shoot´ so to speak. As soon as you´re on the ground, assist the AN forces in any way possible. Then, make your way to their headquarters for your first assignment. Oh, and Beast Boy? We´ll be watching you guys via satellite. If you can blow up as many enemy vehicles as possible, you´ll get a nice little bonus for it. We´ll meet you guys back at the Allied MASH. Godspeed." Fiona grasped a handle, and pulled it down, opening the cargo ramp. Beast Boy got ready to mount the TOW launcher, and suddenly, the locks holding their wheels in place had opened. Cyborg put the shifter in reverse, and gunned the engine as they shot out from the back of the T-Vertol. The wheels of the T-Car came in contact with the ground, so Cyborg put the car in gear, and drove to the gates of the DMZ. As they passed through, they noticed a lot of debris, but all was quiet. B.B. was wary of this, and suddenly, an RPG chewed a chunk out of the asphalt road in front of them. Immediately following the RPG, small arms fire erupted from the hills surrounding them. The Titans were ready to fight back. Raven flipped on her NV goggles and leaned out the window with her SR-25. She spotted many gunmen in the woods, and started taking them out, one by one. Meanwhile, Robin manned the grenade launcher, and saw a few oncoming Sungri Scout jeeps. He popped off a string of grenades to strafe the enemy vehicles, with absolute success. Comically, one of the enemy gunners landed on the hood of the T-Car, from which he was expelled with a nice punch from Cyborg. Meanwhile, Trigger saw an RPG soldier taking aim at the T-Car, and using his RPK machine gun, dispatched him with ease. Finally, Starfire spotted an Mi-24 Attack Gunship transport with NK soldiers ready to fast rope down the sides. Knowing that her SPAS-12 could not reach the helicopter, and knowing that her handgun was too weak, she used her final option: her powers. She lit up the tail and main rotors as well as the gunner´s position with a flurry of Starbolts. The helicopter, whose passengers were beginning to exit, burst into flames and shrapnel. All the enemies around their current position were obliterated, and Cyborg began progressing forward, when he saw two Allied Nations personnel taking cover behind the ruins of a tank. What they were taking cover from was a T-84 tank heading straight for them, when its driver saw the T-Car. The tank fired, hitting the T-Car head on. The AN soldiers thought the Titans were dead, but surprisingly, none of the Titans flinched when the massive projectile hit their unaffected car. Cyborg then smacked the roof of the T-Car, signaling Beast Boy to fire a rocket. BB did so, scoring a direct hit and destroying the Tank. Trigger leaned out his window, shouting to the soldiers, "Hop on!" The soldiers stood on the running boards of the T-Car, and held on as they got a lift from the Titans, who would get their first assignment at the AN headquarters.



Next: First Day on the job

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment