Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - First Day on the Job

A Mercenaries/Teen Titans Crossover.if anyones has played Mercenaries: playground of destruction, they'll know what I'm yammering about.

Chapter 4 - First Day on the Job

Chapter 4 - First Day on the Job
Disclaimer: I only own Trigger. As for everything else, please don´t sue.

Chapter 4: First day on the Job

As the heavily modified T-Car arrived at the A.N. Headquarters, the two rescued A.N. soldiers jumped off the running boards and bid the Titans goodbye. Cyborg then parked the T-Car in the nearby parking lot, and all of the Titans got out. They walked up to the guard standing outside the doors, identified themselves as ExOps members, and gained permission to enter. As they walked into the briefing room, they found Colonel Samuel Garrett shouting into his satellite phone, "Dammit, Jacobs! I´m paying you, Nillsen, and Mui an assload of money already! I can´t spare the troops, so don´t let the Ace of Clubs get away- hold on, I have a situation that just came to my attention." Garrett turned his attention to the Titans, saying, "Who the HELL are you, and what the frack do you want?" Beast Boy retorted, "Chill out, sir! We´re the Teen Titans! We´re here from ExOps to help... for a price." Garrett exploded in fury. "FOR A PRICE?! YOU´RE A BUNCH OF SUPERHEROES! YOU SHOULD BE DOING THIS FOR FREE!" To make sure the situation didn´t escalate, Trigger said, "Colonel Garrett, pardon my green-skinned colleague, but we really need the money. The service we provided for our hometown doesn´t pay the bills, and the local SWAT team there has not dealt with a situation that would require our skills." Finally, the Colonel calmed down and used a different tone of voice. "I apologize for the outburst of rage, but I already am paying three ExOps contractors for their services, and even if I hire you, your statuses in the media are high. If they find out that I hired superheroes, much less MERCENARY superheroes, the media will know that PMC´s are being employed by the AN here in North Korea, and that creates negative P.R." Trigger replied, "I have countered this scenario with this. From here on out, any ExOps contractors hired by the AN shall be placed in the official, but classified `555th Special Operations Unit.´ When there is the possibility that we may be caught on camera, which is always, we shall wear balaclava masks, unless behind secure, closed doors away from prying eyes. We shall wear official AN Badging, except when the time comes to accept contracts from other factions." Colonel Garrett said, "Good Ideas, but I need to prove I can rely on you guys for any future contracts. Ah, here´s an Idea. Mr. Unson, your comrades just called in, and they are pinned down in the midst of a firefight. They were in a convoy, escorting the Ace of Clubs, Dung Hwangbo, when they got ambushed by NK forces trying to `rescue´ the Ace. I can´t spare any official personnel, so you´ll have to do." Trigger then got on the horn with Chris Jacobs to get some Intel on the situation. They were running out of ammo, and their now stopped convoy had immobilized yet operational M1-A2 tanks at the front and rear of the convoy. The enemy was equipped with RPG-7 rockets, AK-47 rifles, and RPK light machine guns. Trigger closed the connection, and he and the Titans accepted the contract. After the briefing, they went outside, and Cyborg called in the T-vertol. As the craft landed, all of them grabbed some boxes of ammo and shoved it onboard. The Titans piled into the passenger bay alongside an Allied medic and officer. They dusted off, and headed for the ambush. When an RPG inadvertently streaked past their aircraft, all the titans knew they were neck deep in `the shoot´.




Next: Time to kick some @$$!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment