Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - First Day

Tomeo has moved to yet another highschool. He's a shy boy but manages to make a good friend, Busuke. Yet one boy, Yukio, leader of the school's 'cool' continues to catch his eye...

Chapter 1 - First Day

Chapter 1 - First Day


It was time for his first year being a senior let alone his first day at Genki High, a school that he knew nothing of. But this didn't worry him; it was the simple fact that he knew none of the students that frightened him the most. No friends could mean a very hard first few weeks. It wasn't like he hadn't been through this all before. He'd moved schools three times in one year before and it was hell. Yet it never got him down. Of course he was very nervous at first but after a few days or so he'd perk up a little within a month he was rather content. But it seemed whenever he became truly at home, his Father would get a call and he would be dragged across the country.



“What are you standing there for boy? Get to class!” A balding man with a very unattractive comb over spat the words in the young man's face.



“Err… I'm sorry Sir, you see, I'm new and I'm not really sure where I'm supposed to be.”



The man narrowed his eyes. “What's your name?” The books the greasy old man clutched looked to be English textbooks.



“Sato Tomeo, Sir.” He answered promptly and gave a hasty bow.



The man's face relaxed somewhat, but it only allowed his floppy skin to fall down unappealingly. He did seem satisfied with his reply. “My name is Mr. Goroki, I'm your combined English class teacher. I've been looking over your file and you're a very intelligent student.”

Mr. Goroki nodded as if confirming, or agreeing with himself upon his statement. “Follow me, the class is waiting.” The chubby little man didn't look too healthy yet he moved quite speedily along the corridors that Tomeo found it hard to keep up.



Finally, they arrived outside the door of the terribly noisy classroom. Mr. Goroki was reaching for the door handle but paused and looked over his shoulder to Tomeo. At that point he reminded Tomeo of a goblin of some kind. “Be sure not to sit up the back young man. That can be a very… dangerous…”



Tomeo frowned in confusion and followed his teacher into the room, as soon as the door opened a wave of different voices and sounds washed over them. Girls were chatting and squealing, guys were shouting loudly and chucking things around the room, the majority of the noise seemed to originate from around the back of the classroom; just as Mr. Goroki had said.



“Sit down and shut up, you little vermin!” Mr. Goroki snarled and in a very slow wave like motion from the front to the back, the class stopped and all eyes lay on the new boy standing in the doorway. “Class, we have a new transfer student. Tell them about yourself.”



Tomeo walked into the class, feeling almost all eyes upon him. The girls whispered and gave inviting smiles. The boys gave him threatening glares, but some smiled. Yet one boy caught his eye, one of the older boys in the back. His eyes were covered by long, dark bangs and he didn't appear to be interested, not like the others at all. He snapped back to what was at hand.

“Um… I'm Sato Tomeo, I'm 17 years old and I just moved here with my Father during the break.” He murmured quietly, not making solid eye contact with anyone. Once he was silent he could hear some of the whispers.



“He's cute.”



“He's kind of short…”



“I bet he's a teacher's pet…”



“Did he say he was from?”



“He mentioned his Father, where's his Mother?”



Mr. Goroki gave a wave of his hand to a seat, second from the front and he sat down quickly, taking out his old book from his previous school. The first thing he wrote down in the first few pages of his book were `Genki High' and the date, added onto a long list of schools. A boy suddenly glanced over and then scribbled something down on a piece of paper and passed it back. The little piece of paper eventually came into the hands of that same older boy with the long bangs. Tomeo looked at the reflection in the window so no one would see him watching. The boy read the note over and stuffed it in his pocket. Tomeo looked away then turned his gaze back to the reflection. The boy was staring at him. Tomeo jumped and snapped his head back to the board. He heard a low chuckle from behind and then voices of those guys up the back. It seemed that they were the `cool, tough' crowd of the school. The ones that everyone looked up to and never questioned, never dared to defy. He was guessing that the boy with the long bangs was the top man. He sat in the middle with a large group of handsome guys and a couple of stunning girls draping off him.



He knew he'd never fit into a crowd like that, not in a million years. They were probably making fun of him right now. Tomeo didn't take it to heart though, once a geek, always a geek...




Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment