Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Yukio's Darkness

Tomeo has moved to yet another highschool. He's a shy boy but manages to make a good friend, Busuke. Yet one boy, Yukio, leader of the school's 'cool' continues to catch his eye...

Chapter 3 - Yukio's Darkness

Chapter 3 - Yukio's Darkness


It wasn't long before Tomeo found himself at the end of his first day and for once, he had made a friend. Busuke was not of love interest to him but he found him as a great friend and role model. He was kind, helpful, and friendly - everything a friend should be. He even ended up walking him home.



“Thanks Ito-sempai-”



“Please, just call me Busuke. I feel really comfortable around you. Anyway, see you tomorrow Tomeo!” Busuke said, turning away and giving a casual wave over his head. Tomeo watched him stroll away down the footpath, whistling merrily until he disappeared around the corner.



Tomeo smiled happily and ran up the stairs to the apartment, his Father was renting out. Fishing around in his bag, he found his key but also a note. Busuke had stuck his phone number in his bag along with a note saying `we can't be friends if we can't contact each other'. He'd drawn a funny little smiley face in the corner.

It made Tomeo smile but it faded away as he walked through the door to find the apartment empty… as usual. His Father was never home. He was always working. When he was home, he was drunk off his face. He'd been keeping it up ever since Tomeo's Mother passed away.



“Great…” Tomeo sighed and ran a hand through his dark chocolate hair. The beer stains were already visible from a few nights ago. But even has he cleaned up the small apartment on his hands and knees, Tomeo couldn't help but think of how lucky he was to have a friend like Busuke.





Yawning and stretching, Tomeo waited for Busuke to turn up. He had promised him that he would meet him to walk for school. He found out that no matter how perfect Busuke seemed at friendship, he was never going to be perfect with organization or time management. Finally, he saw the older boy bolt around the corner, slowing down for a few school girls, smiling sweetly and when they continued past him, got a good view of their asses before dashing off again. He was a classic straight male, but the nicest one Tomeo had ever met so he chose not to remember that little act.



“Sorry Tomeo, I over slept.” Busuke called as he neared and came to a stop. Waving a hand in acknowledgement while covering his mouth as he yawned again, Tomeo started to walk towards school. “But it seems like you didn't get enough.” Busuke laughed and caught up to him.

They talked the whole way there, not about anything in particular, just little facts about themselves that they thought necessary for the other to know. When Busuke started to count the number of girls he had slept with since coming a Genki High senior, Tomeo felt rather awkward but luckily, due to Busuke's lateness, there was no time to talk when they arrived at school.



The day was quite normal, boring in fact. Except for English…

“What is Mr. Itokywa trying to convey in his poem? Sato-kun?” Mr. Goroki asked.



Tomeo looked up and hesitated, gathering his thoughts. “Well, the poem expresses light and hope. It's trying to be positive.”



The class made it clear they disagreed with a series of murmurings. But they were silenced from the rare voice that came from the back of the room.



“He speaks of pain, misery, the horrors of life. It can't be positive.”



Tomeo turned around, seeing who had questioned him. That boy, Yukio… “Yes but he's merely using it as a way to show how the world is seen.”



“No, he's showing us that is how the world is because pain, misery and horrors and real.”



“You just proved me right, that's how you see the world and by the looks of it, most of the class agree with you but you're forgetting all the good things. The poet is trying to show us how lost and blind the world has become and saying that the world is still beautiful.”



Yukio's eyes could not be seen. He wasn't even sure if he was looking at him in the first place. His expression was unreadable. But one thing was for sure; he had nothing more to say and stood corrected. Tomeo sensed something very strange with that boy. Something he felt had been covered up for a very long time.



That was the last lesson for the day. Tomeo stayed back to ask Mr. Goroki about his opinion on his theory about the poem. He was praised for his work. Bowing and giving his thanks, Tomeo walked out of the room and headed down to the library. After a while, he emerged, ready to go home. As he came from a corridor, a lightning fast hand reached out and he felt a sharp tug at his tie. He was dragged around the corner into the shadows.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment