Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Lying to You

Tomeo has moved to yet another highschool. He's a shy boy but manages to make a good friend, Busuke. Yet one boy, Yukio, leader of the school's 'cool' continues to catch his eye...

Chapter 8 - Lying to You

Chapter 8 - Lying to You


It was a long time before Tomeo finally awoke. He wasn't surprised to see Busuke at his bedside, fast asleep and looking a total wreck. But what did he look like? All he knew was that he hurt everywhere. He felt a tight bandage around his head and more around his sides. His arms felt as if they were being weighed down with lead. He pulled them up from beneath the covers and saw they were riddled with bruises, a few handprints could even be seen. He was in the hospital.



Rolling over on his side to face Busuke, he watched him for a while. He always knew it was perfect to have him as a friend. He looked around. His Father wasn't anywhere to be seen. No surprises there. Tomeo tapped his shoulder a couple of times. Busuke groaned and wearily looked up. His eyes widened and he pulled Tomeo in a big bear hug. Tomeo immediately let out a cry of pain.



“Oh sorry, sorry!” Busuke said then acted as if he were made of glass as he helped him lie back down. “Tomeo… You scared me! When I called your house you weren't there and when I went out looking and finally found you, you were lying unconscious in a back alley!” Busuke was white, as if just remembering it was painful.



Tomeo sniffed. He was touched that Busuke had gone looking for him. No one except for his Mother had ever cared so much for him. “Thank you Busuke.” Tomeo murmured. His mouth felt dry. “How long have I been out?”



“You were out for… 29 hours, all last night and it's 3 pm now.” Busuke shook his head and looked away for a moment. He then brought his gaze back to Tomeo. “Who did this to you?”



Tomeo hadn't thought about this. He couldn't just tell who had done it because then Busuke would know that he hadn't kept his promise. He shrugged. “I couldn't see their faces.”



Their faces?” Busuke questioned. “How many were there?”



“I don't remember. But there was more than one, that's for sure.” Tomeo knew if he gave too much information, Busuke would know.



“Are you sure-” Busuke went on.



“I don't know, okay? It was dark and I was scared! I just don't remember!” Tomeo lashed out defensively. He started to cry.



Busuke jumped a little. “I'm sorry Tomeo, I just want to get revenge on whoever it was that beat up on you.” He put an arm around his shoulder. “It's hard remembering, I won't ask anymore.” Busuke said soothingly. He thought Tomeo was crying because it was too painful to remember but he was really crying because he was lying to his one friend right to his face. And it felt horrible.



He hated himself. He hated this. He hated his life. But most of all he hated Yukio. He knew how stupid he had been to think he could avoid him. Perhaps he knew all along that he couldn't escape him and subconsciously wanted him to find him in that shower. It was all so confusing.



Busuke didn't stay for much longer. He claimed that Tomeo needed his rest. But he knew that he just wanted to get away because he felt bad about hounding him for answers. But that was okay, Tomeo felt as if he needed to be beat up again for lying to Busuke. He just wished he had never met Yamamoto Yukio. Things were easier then. Things weren't threatening his health, his mind. His heart…

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Eoara on January 2, 2006, 5:15:57 PM

Eoara on
EoaraYay!! it's very good! and suspense...sppoky!

I'm gald you uploaded more....its sooooo awesome...looking forward to reading some more...