Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Nurse Sakura

Tomeo has moved to yet another highschool. He's a shy boy but manages to make a good friend, Busuke. Yet one boy, Yukio, leader of the school's 'cool' continues to catch his eye...

Chapter 9 - Nurse Sakura

Chapter 9 - Nurse Sakura


Tomeo was visited by his Father but only because he wanted to know the pin number to his bank account saying that he needed to borrow some money to pay for electricity. He knew that he Father wanted it for his dirty drinking habit but Tomeo didn't refuse in case he threatened to not take him home. He couldn't get there on his own. His condition was still terrible. So he reluctantly gave it to him.



“9928… You won't forget to pick me up will you? I'm discharged this afternoon.” Tomeo said, staring his Father dead in the eyes.



“Yeah, yeah, I'll be back for you.” He grumbled and turned and left.



Tomeo lay back down and stared at the ceiling. He said he would come back but he knew better. He'd be lying drunk somewhere in no time and wouldn't come until tomorrow. He tried to hold back the tears. Why did this have to happen to him?



The nurse came in the afternoon and announced in a cheerful voice that he was discharged. When he didn't reply or even look at her, she took on an expression of concern and sat beside him. She was young and very beautiful.



“You… You need to call someone?” She asked. Tomeo's eyes met hers and she gasped. “Oh my, what's the matter?” She touched his shoulder gently.



“No one will answer…” Tomeo whispered, staring with such sorrow into her eyes.



She melted, feeling so sorry for him. “Where do you live? I'll ask someone to cover for me and I'll take you home.” She said with determination.



Tomeo's eyes brightened. “Really? You would do that for me?”



She nodded, smiling softly. For some reason, she reminded him of his Mother. They both shared that same sweet glow of happiness. “Of course.” She stood then smiled and offered him her hand. “Oh rude of me, I'm Sakura.”



Tomeo smiled back “Tomeo. Pleased to meet you Sakura.” He felt comforted by her. She looked like an angel. She had long flowing hair and looked adorable in her uniform.

It wasn't long before she had driven him home. He asked her a question as she helped him into the apartment. “Sakura? How old are you?”



She glanced at him. “Me? I'm 16.”



Tomeo jaw dropped. “Y- you're 16? Why aren't you in school?” She was driving already!



She laughed and nodded as if confirming her first answer. “I quit high school when I finished Junior High since I was attending a nursing course at TAFE then got a job where my Auntie works.” She smiled. “You're 17, right?”

“Err… Yeah…” Tomeo replied a little dully. He was still in shock. He thought that she must have been in her twenties or something.



Once he fumbled around and found the spare key under the doormat and was sitting comfortably on the couch, he thanked her.

“I really appreciate it Sakura.” Tomeo smiled.



She blushed. “Aw, it was nothing! It's always fun helping out a cute patient!” Sakura grinned and waved goodbye. She really was a sweetheart but he wondered if she had any feelings behind the blush and the sure patient remark. He waved goodbye and switched on the TV. He thought he might as well do something while waiting for his Father.



An hour later, Busuke called.



“Hey, I heard you got taken home by that cute nurse.” Busuke chuckled.



Tomeo decided to break it to him. “Yeah, she was a pretty cute 16 year old!”



There was a break on the line for a while. Busuke's mouth was wide open. “No way! Oh… And I was interested too… Err that was if I wasn't invading on anything you had going with her.”



“Trust me, she's really pretty and really nice and friendly-”



“So what's the problem?”



“She's not my… type.”



“Gees Tomeo, you are one picky guy. What is your type anyway?”



“I guess I haven't found my ideal love interest.” Tomeo sighed.



“Ah, perk up, you'll run into her one day.”



Tomeo didn't really want to talk anymore. He was saved by the bell when his Father collapsed through the front door. “I've got to go Busuke… My Dad's home.” He sighed and said goodbye before hanging up. He looked down at the drunken mess that was his Father and buried his face into his hands.






Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Skye_Element on January 4, 2006, 5:32:19 AM

Skye_Element on
Skye_Elementtsk tsk, be patient, you can't appreciate yaoi if there is no story behind it ;) hehe

Eoara on January 4, 2006, 1:23:42 AM

Eoara on
Eoarasooo good....but where's the yaoi!??? i expect some more soon....hehehe....dw...my friend writes yaoi too....and she's also auzzie, but she lives over here.....(england)...oh well. keep up the great work!! look forward to reading more soon!!