Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - Blood is Thicker than Water

Tomeo has moved to yet another highschool. He's a shy boy but manages to make a good friend, Busuke. Yet one boy, Yukio, leader of the school's 'cool' continues to catch his eye...

Chapter 16 - Blood is Thicker than Water

Chapter 16 - Blood is Thicker than Water


Gently passing his fingers through Tomeo's hair, Yukio watched him as he slept. His head was resting on his chest, lying so peacefully. Yukio held him a little closer. He suddenly felt defensive of him. What if he were to lose him? He wasn't sure how he would cope if that ever occurred.

He stared up at the ceiling, his head sinking back into the pillow. He wished he could always have Tomeo here in his bedroom. It was strange. He wanted so badly to get as close to Tomeo as possible and share with him what he had wanted to share with him the moment he laid eyes on him. But when he held him in his arms and simply had that to call his own, he found he didn't need anymore.

Glancing back down, his eyes were met with Tomeo's. He had awakened. Yukio caught sight of the time out of the corner of his eye and realised that it was time for Tomeo to go. He couldn't stay any longer. His sister would be returning soon, but even worse, his Father would soon return after that.



Tomeo seemed to understand even though he never said a word. “Tomorrow then.” And with that, he sat up, gave Yukio a tender kiss on the forehead and headed for the door.

Open reaching for the handle, it turned on it's own and flew open. He dodged out of the way just in time but not out of the way of Sakaki's view.



For a moment she stood wide-eyed and in horror but soon regained her composure. Giving a slight chuckle, she crossed her arms in front of her chest and gave one of her cold stares. “Tomeo, tsk tsk. Don't you remember our little chat?”



Yukio glanced back and forth between them and then stayed on Tomeo. His eyes were filled with clueless ness. “Chat?” Yukio asked to anyone who would answer him.



Ignoring the question so he could face Sakaki, he crossed his arms also. “I do. But never agreed to anything.” Tomeo replied in a calm and collected manner.



Sakaki's expression darkened from sarcasm to anger. “No one defies me.” He eyes narrowed.



Yukio tilted his head, adopting an adorable expression of confusion. Tomeo couldn't help but let a smile curl into the corner of his lips. “Then this shall be a first for you.” Tomeo shot a come back at her. He felt rather cocky after that and held his head a little higher.



“You just don't understand do you?” Sakaki hissed.



“It's true, I really don't…” Yukio mumbled, thinking she was speaking to him.



“Not you!” Sakaki snapped. “Your damn boyfriend!”



Yukio stood at that point, his confronting height and cold stare sweeping over the room. But she didn't back down.



“Don't dare…” Sakaki hissed in a dangerously low tone.

Tomeo snapped between them, hoping to separate the two. But he was simply met with a feminine fist to the stomach. He sunk to the floor in pain. She could pack a hard punch.



Furious by her action, Yukio swang back his open palm and slapped her across the face. The sound of flesh upon flesh seemingly echoed through the walls. She was frozen for a moment. As if she truly hadn't expected it. Slowly she brought herself back to face her brother. Their eyes locked, both as intimidating as the other. But it was obvious that the other had won.



“I'm sorry brother. I should have knocked.” And with that, Sakaki exited the room, her pale skinned cheek, which was now marked red, half covered by a dainty hand. Tomeo found it hard to believe that such a hand could inflict such pain.



Yukio didn't move. He only lowered his head to face his feet once the door clicked shut.



Tomeo bit his lip, not knowing what to say. Yukio didn't give him a chance to think of something to say.



“I never knew that my sister would do something like this to me. She knows how much you mean to me.” Yukio murmured.



Tomeo stared.



“Her fury seems endless. But it will pass.”



Tomeo shook his head. “I'm not so sure.” He sighed and closed his eyes, when he opened them Yukio's hand was before him. Accepting the offer, he was pulled to his feet. “She will try to break us apart. And in the end, blood is thicker than water.”



Yukio's dark eyes searching Tomeo's from behind his bangs. What was he saying?



“It would be less painful if we… If we ended it now.” Tomeo choked out.



Yukio's lips parted as if he were ready to say something but no words came out. He wanted to say something. He needed to reply but by the time he found himself again the door had closed.



Braving the cold of the night, Tomeo hugged his coat around him, leaving one hand free to constantly brush away the tears that streaming down his face. He knew that Yukio would be hurt. He knew he was. The evidence was running down his cheeks. But he found that he felt as if he had no choice. Sakaki would eventually ruin her own Brother in order to keep them apart. They couldn't fight it. It was impossible. This would save them the heartbreak.



“I'm doing the right thing… I'm doing the right thing…”



Tomeo stopped, gazing up at the starry sky. He loved the night. It was so peaceful, so comforting. Yet he found, he wished Yukio were here to enjoy it with him.



“Aren't I?”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Skye_Element on April 3, 2006, 3:23:36 PM

Skye_Element on
Skye_Elementlol don't worry, they don't stay broken up.

Eoara on March 31, 2006, 5:33:06 PM

Eoara on
EoaraNOOOO!!!!!!!!! you can't just do that to them. That's so sad. awww, i feel sad again now, and i'd just got into the positive feeling.

and it was good as usual....

please write some more soon!!!!!!! please! was excellent as per usual, and with so many different emotions.