Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - New Home, New Family, New Life

Tomeo has moved to yet another highschool. He's a shy boy but manages to make a good friend, Busuke. Yet one boy, Yukio, leader of the school's 'cool' continues to catch his eye...

Chapter 19 - New Home, New Family, New Life

Chapter 19 - New Home, New Family, New Life


Tomeo stormed upstairs, hiding his devastation in his room and locking the door. In a fury, he kicked his bed, his bare feet suffering. But he didn't care. Pain was the last thing on his mind. He'd only just recovered a seemingly lost relationship that he wasn't prepared to give up but now… he didn't have a choice.

Collapsing hopelessly on his bed, Tomeo rest his head in his hands and choked out a few dry sobs. Trembling with fear of what was to become of him, he took up the photo frame on his bedside table and hugged it close to his heart.



“Tell me what to do Mum… I need your help… You said you'd always look after me…” Tomeo squeezed the picture tighter, hoping, praying that he would receive an answer. But there was no reply. “Then I'll have to do what I think is right.” Tomeo murmured. With that in mind, he grabbed an old gym bag and stuffed in what he could as fast as possible. He didn't want to stay a minute longer in a house where his Father slept. He couldn't stand to be around him any longer. He was suffocating him, draining the life from him and he wasn't about to let that happen anymore. He had made his decision. To where he would run to, he didn't know. With what he would use to survive, he didn't know. All he knew was anywhere was better than here and that new family he was being shipped off to.



As he was climbing out the window, his Father opened the door. “Tomeo! Wait, don't run!”



Tomeo scowled, his beautiful face stained with tears. “Why the hell not?!”



“You have nothing but what you can carry with no where to go. Is this a wise move?” His Father stalled him as he inched closer to the phone.



Tomeo glanced around, finding it difficult to meet eye to eye with his Father. “You have … you have no right to lecture me old man!” Tomeo hissed.



He took another few steps closer to the phone. “You're right but I do have the right to let you know that you're making the same mistake I did.”



Tomeo already knew that his Father had once run away when he was younger, in fact he was practically his age. This stopped him in his tracks. Did this mean that he may turn out like his Father, a useless, good for nothing drunk? He paused wondering if this was the future that lay before him.



Mr Sato now held the phone behind his back and pressed the buttons for the emergency help. He would hold the conversation with Tomeo, stalling him in time for the police to come and escort him to his new home.



“You can blame me all you want but please don't ruin your own life by running away. Your new family will love you and keep you safe. They will accept you no matter what.”



“Accept me? You don't even know who I am!”

“You're my Son.”



“Not anymore… I'm not having anything to do with you.” Tomeo lowered himself down a little further.



“Just wait, I want to talk. Just talk, that's all.”



Tomeo paused. Why was his Father doing this? Keeping him here. Then it dawned on him as the police car pulled up in the driveway. He was getting him taken there with the cops? “Wow. This is a new low for you.”



Mr Sato sighed and frowned, unable to meet his son's fiery gaze. “Just get in the car.”



Tomeo leaned against the glass, the sound of cars whooshing past keeping him awake. He wasn't sure where he was going, where they were taking him. It seemed as if they had been driving for hours through the night.



An Officer turned back. A kind looking man, but his occupation caused Tomeo's trust to be with held. “We'll be there soon.” His face became stern. “You can't run away now Tomeo. Promise me that.”



Tomeo felt like spitting on him but he mumbled a `fine' in order to get the guy off his case. Drawing a breath, he stared out at the lights from the back seat of the police car. He suddenly wished Yukio where here with him. He wanted to be held so badly by his strong arms.



“I will still be going to the same school, right?” Tomeo broke the silence.



The same kind man looked back at him and then glanced at his partner who was driving. The other guy shrugged and he turned back to Tomeo. “I'm not sure, your new family will decide that.”



“But I have to stay there! I have friends and a b-” He cut himself off. He wasn't going to tell them that.



“It may be hard at first, but you'll settle in. It'll be okay.” The kind officer comforted him. Or at least attempted to comfort him.



Tomeo fought back tears the entire way. He might never see his friends and Yukio again. He would have to be the new kid yet again, that was if his new parents decided to move him from Genki High.



Finally, they arrived. It seemed like the cops had done their duty and left him at the front door, standing there with his belongings as soon as the door was answered. A beautiful young woman answered and held the door wide open, smiling.



“Welcome! You must be Tomeo. I'm Mrs Futchisohma but you can call me Erizabesu. Come in!” Erizabesu exclaimed happily.



Tomeo felt bad since he was so unhappy that he would ruin her obvious happiness. She seemed so excited and pleased to have him here. She was a blonde woman, European through and through. She had the most glorious green eyes and her skin was as pale as the moon was white. She was long legged and simply gorgeous.



As she ushered him in, he realized there was a small child clinging to her leg. She had her mother's green eyes even though she had the Japanese features. She seemed very shy at first but as soon as Tomeo placed down his bags and his hand was free, she reached out and took his thumb in her light grasp and lead him into the lounge room where it seemed she had her tea set all ready to play with. She offered him a pillow.



“This one is yours.” She informed him as she poured some real hot tea into his cup. Tomeo was a little surprised that she had real tea.



“Um, Erizabesu? Is she supposed to…?”



Erizabesu turned back with her smile still on but as soon as she saw the hot tea, her face dropped. “Honey, honey, honey! You're not supposed to use this. Tea is for grown ups. I'm so sorry, Keitii keeps on breaking into the kitchen and boiling the kettle all on her own.” Erizabesu gave a nervous laugh. “Oh, you should meet my husband, Sutiiven. He's in the kitchen preparing dinner.”



Tomeo stood and took the tea with him, Keitii followed, her long, plated raven hair flowing out behind her as she ran into the kitchen. She had dark bangs just like Yukio. Tomeo stared at her and felt saddened. Was he ever going to see him again?



“Erizabesu? I must ask you something.” Tomeo said before they entered the kitchen.



“Why yes, of course.” Erizabesu replied cheerfully.



“Will I be staying at Genki High?” Tomeo's questioned as his hands clenched into fists nervously.



“Oh yes, we wouldn't want to disturb your social life.” Erizabesu answered.



Tomeo almost jumped out of his skin with joy. “You've just made my day!” Tomeo laughed and found he was hugging her enthusiastically.



She didn't seem to mind and instead of just receiving, she hugged him back. “I'm so glad that you're happy.” She said affectionately.



Tomeo smiled. His Father got one thing right. They really did love him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment