Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Kind old woman

Kyra is a state alchemist who is a natural at using fire alchemy so she earned her title of Flare alchemist. HSe is usually a loner alchemist goign where ever she pleases untill the alchemist killer shows up. Kyra is forced to become partners with Ed

Chapter 6 - Kind old woman

Chapter 6 - Kind old woman


Ed was the first to wake up, the smell of green tea did it. It was a pleasant aroma that filled the small but cozy room.

He sat up slowly rubbing his head. He didn't have his jacket on anymore; he saw it was handing up on the coat rack next to him. It had been washed, all bloodstains removed. He looked down to realize he was only in his boxer shorts and was shirtless.

He stared at the room. It was a small one roomed house. It had a tiny kitchen with an equally tiny dinning table. A setting room with deep, worn leather chair that took up most of the room and a cozy fireplace that seemed like it was always going.

/Who did this?/ He wondered and began to get out of the bed. He hadn't noticed the other bed next to him until he stood up.

“Kyra!” He exclaimed.

“Dear, do be quiet, the las has to get her rest so she'll feel better.” Ed turned around to see a woman.

This woman had kind grandmother written all over her. She was a heavyset woman with pepper colored hair tied up into a tight bun. Her cheeks where rosy and she smelled of flowers.
”Who are you?” Ed asked the older woman trying not to sound rude and offend her.

“I'm the one who helped the two of you. My name is May. May will do just fine dear.” She smiled and set down a paper bag of groceries she had been carrying.

“Yes, when I first laid eyes on you and saw you where trying to help that poor girl and I knew I had to help also. You collapsed in the middle of the street and I was able to get you back to my home luckily.”

She paused.

“What happened to the two of you? You both look like you've been through a fight or some sort. And don't tell me the two of you are in some sort of gang or something. If you are I'll kick you out right now.” May waved her finger in the air fiercely.
Ed began to laugh.
”Just the opposite really.” His gaze wandered over to Kyra's bed where the injured girl slept.
”Is she going to be alright?” Ed asked May hoping for a positive response.
”She should be fine. Just had a fever and her a couple broken ribs.” Ed nodded.
”Thank you very much for your hospitality.”
”Oh it's no trouble at all dear. Like I said before I had to help the both of you.” May told him and began to take out the groceries.
Ed was silent for a moment when a thought crossed his mind.
”How do you know so much about medicine? Not to be rude or anything but it's seems to me you have an uncanny talent.” He questioned her. May stopped unpacking and looked at Ed. Her deep chocolate colored eyes shone with intensity.
”I used to be in the military with my husband Robert. He was a private and I was a nurse. I first meet him on the hospital bed in Central. You remind me a lot of Robert.” She pointed at Ed and gazed up at the clock.
”Where is Robert?” Ed asked.

There was an awkward moment of silence. No one spoke. Ed regretted what he had asked.

“Robert died in the Isbal war. Bomber.” May was staring down at the ground. Ed felt uncomfortable and muttered, “ I'm sorry. I didn't know.” He too looked down at the ground.
”Well dear it doesn't matter at the moment. What's in the past is in the past, now how are you feeling?” After that May returned to her normal self. She kept asking him if he felt better and he kept asking for more of her beef stew. He told her about the mission. About mostly everything from when Kyra showed up. May listened intensely never speaking while he told his tale. Only the occasional gasp and chuckle.


”It's seems you two have had it rough. You both can stay here until Kyra feels better.” She smiled at him and attended to the dishes.

“Remember Ed.” Ed looked up at her. She wasn't looking at him though.

“Don't lose sight on what's important. That's a fatal and horrible mistake and could leave you stranded. Keep hold of your dreams and ambitions and you'll do just fine.”

Ed thought about that for a moment.

/Keep a hold of my dreams… Whatever./ He nodded and went back to his bed. He was tired but this time not because of fatigue and climbed into the warm sheets where he fell into a deep sleep.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

mandy94t on September 16, 2006, 4:31:48 AM

mandy94t on
mandy94tawesome yaaaaaaaaay!!!^ ^ please update soon!!'Keep hold of your dreams'....well by God,lady,I ain't got no dreams.
May:Just May will do,dear.
Me:*sigh*Okay then....*rubs head*Owww....
Ed:Who're you?
Me:Uhh...it don't matter I'm leavin'.
Ed:*falls asleep*
Me:Wait....what about Al?He's probably having a heart attack by now....