Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - A New Assignment

Kyra is a state alchemist who is a natural at using fire alchemy so she earned her title of Flare alchemist. HSe is usually a loner alchemist goign where ever she pleases untill the alchemist killer shows up. Kyra is forced to become partners with Ed

Chapter 7 - A New Assignment

Chapter 7 - A New Assignment
Kyra woke up with a start. Her eyes flashed open with fear, and she gasped out loud, clutching at her clovers.
A hot, unpleasant feeling rushed at her and she felt bile reaching up into her mouth, causing Kyra to jump out of bed and throw herself at the small sink, only to not throw up anything. She continued to hack away, her cough terrible.
Ed eyes slown sadness, or maybe pity towards her new condition. She looked horrible.
"Kyra." He said, standing up from his chair.
She raised her hand as if to silence him, but it fell back down since she was too weak to hold herself up. She was barely managing at the sink.
"I'll..." She had another rupture of violent coughs then continued, "be...fine." She finally told him, but he was difficulty not convinced.
"Fine my @$$."
Kyra hung loosely at the sink, knees buckled inwards with her arms hanging limply over the side. Her eyes were slowly closing, flickering between sleep and being partically awake.
"I'm sorry." She told him and collapsed.

The Old Woman came into Ed tucking Kyra back into bead and placing a hot rag over her forehead.
"What in gods name happened here?" She questioned, tone lifting.
"She woke up and was ill then collapsed." Ed felt it would be useless to lie to the woman since she was helping them.
"You shouldn't have let her get up then." She replied bluntly and went over to Kyra's side.
Ed rolled his eyes but re fixed his attention back on the two.

-----------
"Where the hell is he!" Cired Alphonse, who was currently wandering around aimlessly searching for his fretful borther and their new companion.
"I told him to wait but no...." He kicked at the ground, growling. "God damn him! When I get my hands on him..." A feeling of dread washed over him, causing him to stop in mid-sentence.
Al turned around, eyes staring directly at the man. There was a man, dressed in all black with a long trench coat on. His hair was a black hue and cut short but his eyes were most prominent, frightening features on him. They were sharp and all knowing and where a vivid red, one was covered by a thick bang.
The man watched Al but only briefly for there intervention was very short.

Al clenched his fists, not really sure what to make about this.
"What..."

----------

"She's been poisoned, dear." May spoke gently but laid it on thickly, caring to not inform him of the details just yet until it soaked it.
Ed paused, breathing in what she said. When he spoke his voice was firm, "How do you know for sure?" He asked.
"I've been around plenty of battle scenes remember." She winked.
"But... wouldn't you have noticed this earlier." He couldn't hide the skepticism from his voice.
But she didn't get angry. "Some poisons may take awhile to have effect, but that also means that you have a better chance at helping her. This is leathel."
Ed breathed out deeply, closing his eyes.
"I just want to help... how do I help her?" he placed his hands on his head and gazed up towards the celing, eyes falling downwards on May.
"In the mountains next to this village is a rare flower the Grandia Flower. Get that and I should be able to create a syrem." She told him with a nod.
"Okay." Ed turned from them and rushed over, grabbing his red jacket.
"I'm leaving. Be safe, and keep her safe."
"Will do child, will do."

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

mandy94t on January 24, 2007, 7:01:54 AM

mandy94t on
mandy94tyup yup Ed will save Kyra of course he will.^ ^ cuz he rocks.and so do you.*gives you cookie*