Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A Brother and Sister

If there's more than one of these stories posted, read this one, this is the one that works. ^^;
VERY STUPID PLOT.

I'm sorry, I had to delete the file and reload it. So I lost all of the wonderful comments made. :'(
It got really spaced out, I'm sorr

Chapter 1 - A Brother and Sister

Chapter 1 - A Brother and Sister






Chapter 1





A Brother and Sister











Three years have past since Artemis's mission to save his father, and this still hasn't changed the teenage boy a bit. His faithful butlers, Domovoi and Juliet were still around, yes, but thankful for Artemis's newfound "quiet life". He'd even taught himself to play the piano. This settled the Butler siblings down quite a bit, but they new nothing about Artemis Fowl Junior, even after sixteen years of faithful service. The past three years weren't fruitless to the genius. Secretly being in contact with the paranoid centaur, Foaly, for instance, gave him enough credit to command an army of invisible fairy soldiers with insanely marvelous technology and send them to do whatever he pleased. This lightened Artemis's tension on his next mission: to hack into Interpol and save his newly discovered sister. "A sister?!" Were the young man's first words when Domovoi gave him the news while surfing CNN's website.





All he really could say was, "yes, Artemis." He was dangerously close to blowing his employer's incredulity level to Planet X.





"I have a sister. And for sixteen years, she never told me!" Artemis yelled at the Butler. Domovoi never saw the teenager so furious. But, then again, if he didn't know Juliet existed, he would get lonely while Artemis was at Saint Bartleby's School for Young Gentlemen. He wouldn't have anyone to body-slam..











Meanwhile, a girl was thrown uncerimoniously into a depressing cell.





"And ye' ain't gonna escape nex' time! I proomiss!!" Spat a sulky guard at the girl.





"Well, we'll just have to see about that, won't we then, Darius?" She said in an uppercut British accent. Darius snorted and stormed away. "Mental." She giggled, brushing some of the dust off of her white peasant blouse and brown skirt. When do they learn? the thought, shaking her head, her lank raven hair dancing around her slim shoulders.





She'd planned it out, she'd hum 'Aura Lee' quietly in the guard's ear, he falls asleep, she grabs the keys and escapes. She leaned over near the bench next to her cell door, but there was no guard sitting there. How perfect! She smiled to herself and reached for the keys...





She heard something that sounded a lot like "now, Foaly!!" And an explosion rang out behind her, rattling the bars she clutched. She whipped around, her jet black hair coming around to meet her face. A boy with a laptop and what looked like a house next to him were sitting in the garage door sized hole that was, up until that point, her window.





"What the-?" She stammered.





"I'm Artemis Fowl, I'm here to rescue you." The boy said calmly. "Come on."





"I was doing fine 'till you burst in here!" She yelled at him, but lept out of the hole all the same. "Sorry, did you say 'Fowl'?" said the girl.





"I did, but no time for that now." panted Artemis as they pounded down the street, sirens blairing behind them.





Fowl? Thought the girl, she'd heard that name before. They turned a corner, and she saw the air above them shimmering, as if underwater. "What's...?"





"Fairies; I'll explain in a bit." Said Artemis, pulling a small blue cube from his pocket. "Captian, you're clear, just stun them all."





"Right-o." The fairy saluted the teenager, making the air above them shimmer a little brighter, and the glimmering air sped away in the opposite direction.











Captain Holly Short sped ahead when the young man cleared her. "Trouble, Grub, Chix, buzz batons out. The rest of you, keep your Neutrino 3000's out." The Kelp brothers and Chix Verbil pulled out short wands and activated them, an electrical current surging over the ends, the Captain did the same. "Buzz batons, you go in for the ground troops. Nutrinos take out the vehicles." The fairies raised their Nutrinos to the captain and pulled back, taking aim over the buzz boys, er.. and girl.











Darius Fetcher filed out of the prison, flanked by thirty men and five cop cars. Darius raised a hand and thirty guns pointed at the escaping trio, ten to each back. Before they could pull their triggers, four of the troops yelled and fell to the ground. Another three fell at Darius's feet before he realized what was going on; they'd walked straight into a crossfire. He looked around wildly, but there wasn't anyone on the rooftops around them. "What the..?" Was all he could say before a squad car next to him glowed white hot, the driver lept out through the recently shattered windshield before the tires all popped and steam blew the hood open. "What's going on?!" Yelled Darius, a second car meeting it's demise, but no startled driver hurled himself out of a window this time. Darius felt a sharp poker stab him and release what felt like a million little electric needles into his shoulder, then he fell to the ground.











Captain Short removed the buzz baton from the mud man's shoulder while the Neutrino squad rounded up the last of the humans. "What do they take Artemis Fowl for? An idiot?" She smiled as she said it, she'd gotten rather used to having the boy around. She turned and shot into the air, following the disappearing dot that was Artemis. "C'mon, boys. We have to follow Artemis." They followed, one by one they lept into the sky, shimmering out of the visible spectrum by shielding. They sped forward and halted, hovering over the trio, whom had stopped.











"They're sending backup, Artemis." Said the cube in Artemis's hand.





"I knew they would, let's hide in there." Artemis pointed at a large hotel. "Let's just check in."





"You have money?" The girl smiled.





"Yes, I do, now come on. Holly can't stall them forever, can she?"





"Oh, I can't, can I?" Holly shimmered into view behind Artemis, her hands on her hips. Artemis whacked the fairy over the head, something he didn't treasure, and ran toward the hotel. She stared after him while the other two ran after the teenager, a murderous expression on her mocha colored face. "You're gonna get buzzed in your sleep, mud boy." Chuckled Holly and shielded, leaping into the sky and following the trio.





Artemis stepped into the hotel the instant it started to drizzle, Domovoi and the girl were lucky enough to get a couple drops of rain on their shoulders.





Artemis turned to the girl, "by the way, what's your name?"





Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Tachzaruu on October 4, 2007, 8:01:26 AM

Tachzaruu on
Tachzaruuwicked! it's very good so far ^^

Allester on June 27, 2006, 12:47:06 AM

Allester on
AllesterI read it again and tis still cool 7.7 stars