Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Bijou

If there's more than one of these stories posted, read this one, this is the one that works. ^^;
VERY STUPID PLOT.

I'm sorry, I had to delete the file and reload it. So I lost all of the wonderful comments made. :'(
It got really spaced out, I'm sorr

Chapter 2 - Bijou

Chapter 2 - Bijou






Chapter 2





Bijou "Blaiz" Windchester













Holly Short hovered outside of the hotel while Artemis and the gang filed inside. When the door shut, a drop of rain landed on her head. She looked up, "d'arvit!" Swore Holly and Trouble at almost the same time. "Everyone under the balcony." Said Holly, buzzing over to the deck above the enterance to the building. They followed. Fairies hated rain, they flat-out hated it. It "disabled" their shields, the rain bounced off of the fairies and projected their outline in thin air. "Artemis said he'll tell us where to come in when he gets a room." Said Holly, pushing her soaked bangs off of her face.











When Artemis entered the hotel, he turned on the spot. "By the way, what's your name?" Said the teenager to the girl.





Her eyes glinted with what looked like hatered. "Blaiz." She said confidently.From behind the girl, Domovoi's hand closed around her neck, his thumb pressed hard into the left side of her throat.





"I beg your pardon, I don't think I heard that." Artemis held his hand up to his ear.





The girl swallowed, which was difficult due to the pressure on her windpipe. "B-Blaiz.." She stammered.





"Liar." Domovoi said, smirking.





"My name is Blaiz Windchester."





"No, it's not." Artemis sniffed.





She rolled her eyes. "Fine, Bijou Windchester." She spat at the boy. "Just... Just call me Blaiz, please." She looked down. The butler released Blaiz's neck.





"That'll work." Artemis said simply and walked into the front desk area. He rapped the bell with his slender hand.





"Basil!" Came a woman's voice from inside the office, and a flustered man with black hair and moustache came out of the dining room door.





"Hello." He said cheerfully, addressing Domovoi, who was the only adult in the trio. "Welcome to Fawlty Towers."





"Good evening to you." Said Artemis, diverting Basil's attention to the boy. "I'd like to reserve a room please, just for the night."





"Certainly." Basil said, appearently wowed by the boy's air of authority. Suddenly a great crash rang out behind them. "Polly, can you please reserve a room for these people, I think Manuel knocked over the flower vase." Said the man, rushing back into the dining room. An eighteen year old popped out from around a corner.





"Sorry about that." Said Polly, grabbing a piece of paper and a pen. "You're name please."





"Fowl, Artemis Fowl." Said Artemis simply; Polly scribbled it down on the paper. "I'll be willing to pay extra for one with a window or balcony."





"Oh, number twelve has a large window with a great view of the bay." Polly smiled.





"Perfect." Said the boy, taking out his wallet and counting out the money.





"Manuel!" The girl yelled at the kitchen door. "Manuel will show you to your room." Said Polly, while a little Spanish man scurried out from the kitchen. "cuarto doce, Manuel." Polly told the man.





"Si, Polly." He gestured at the trio to follow him, they did. Manuel led them up a flight of stairs and around a corner, opening a door on the left side of the hall.





"Muchas gracias, Manuel." Said Artemis in perfect Spanish.





"De nada, seor" He answered, bowed, and hurried away. Domovoi smiled, he taught Artemis Spanish when the boy was five; he knew the entire language by his next birthday party. He'd even won a Spanish spelling bee whe he was eight.











Holly was getting angry. Fairies weren't patient creatures, never were, never will be. But Holly was especially hostile when it came to waiting, more so in the rain and cold. "D'arvit, Artemis, hurry it up, my ears are frozen." This was perfectly true, her long pointed ears were weighted down by little icicles. Trouble floated up next to her.





"Probably just wasting time like humans do." He sighed.





"Maybe." Replied Holly, her mechanical wings buzzing softly like a neon light.





Chix Verbil flew up next to them, his real wings glittering in the soft moonlight. "Good evening, captain. Looking good tonight, did you do something with your hair?" Said the sprite.





Holly stared up at her icy locks. "Yeah, Chix. The rain froze my hair." She said sarcasticly.





"It suits you." Said Chix, giving the elf a thumbs-up.





"Sarcasem is a foreign language to you, isn't it?" Sighed Holly, rolling her brown eyes lazily.





Suddenly, an alert flashed on Holly's communication handheld. "You have one (1) new message from: Artemis Fowl. Open? Y/N?" Showed on the handheld's screen. She tapped the "Y" icon with a stylus and a twelve word message popped up to fill the screen.











Fowl here





Due south, turn left @ tree, second window on right.











Holly's mood softened. "We've been cleared." She said, pulling a helmet onto her head. "Follow me." The fairies replaced there helmets and sped after the captian.





"Which window is it?" Asked Grub, fidgiting with his moonbelt.





"Just follow me." Holly replied. They turned left at a monsterous poplar tree, and Holly slowed. One window... Two windows, here! She floated forward, tapping on the window. She heard footsteps coming closer and closer.











Artemis threw open the curtain and stared right through Holly, who half unshielded, looking like a ghost. "Excellent." Said the boy, he unlocked the window and shoved it open. The fairies filed inside, unshielding upon Domovoi closing the blinds.











Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Allester on June 27, 2006, 12:46:03 AM

Allester on
AllesterShort and still sweet