Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter 4: Captured

Nina, a young shaman from Etruria, is suddenly thrust into an adventure with her best friends Selinia and Cadoc. She must solve the riddle of the Ruler of Darkness, as well as avoid being captured.

Chapter 5 - Chapter 4: Captured

Chapter 5 - Chapter 4: Captured




After breakfast, Nina, Selinia, Cadoc, and Riko went out to take a walk. Nina decided not to tell anybody about the bandit that tried to capture her. It didn't take long before she completely forgot about it.



“So, Riko, you are just traveling around to get stronger?” Selinia asked.



“Well, yes. I'm hoping to become a powerful swordmaster some day.”



“Where are you from?” Nina asked.



“I was born and raised in Ostia. I left home a couple years ago.” Riko responded.



“You could stay with us for a little while if you want. We owe you for helping us.” Selinia offered Riko.



“Yes, that sounds good. I think I will stay a little while, it's tiring always traveling. Thank you,”



“No problem. It's the least we could do. Hey…what's that? I just saw something behind those trees.”



“Be careful. There might still be bandits left from yesterday, I doubt it, but keep your guard up.” Cadoc said. The four quickly found themselves surrounded by a group of people, most of them in hooded cloaks.



“What?!? How did…they came out of nowhere!” Nina said.



“What do you want? You aren't the bandits from yesterday!” Cadoc exclaimed.



Without answer, one of them grabbed Nina from behind. Riko quickly slashed at the one who grabbed her, making him drop her. A battle broke out and Selinia and Cadoc had to fight on foot. Nina didn't have any tomes left, but luckily most of her enemies were also Shamans. She managed to steal a couple tomes to fight with. Her enemies didn't fight back however, and she kept them away with Flux attacks. She looked around and noticed she was the only one not being attacked. Riko was in a fight with a Swordmaster and his sword had gone flying out of his hands. He fell to the ground and was at the mercy of his attacker. The Swordmaster prepared his final blow, and without a weapon to defend himself, Riko would be finished. Without thinking, Nina rushed forward to defend Riko, taking the hit herself. Her arms were both injured and she fell back. Riko grabbed his sword and thrust it through the foe, who died instantly.



The attackers stopped fighting and one of them spoke. “You cannot escape. The long dormant powers will awaken, and the ruler of the darkness will fulfill the forgotten prophecy. You can't avoid your fate.”



When Nina, Selinia, Cadoc, and Riko stopped to listen, they were all grabbed from behind. Nina felt a sharp blow to her head, and everything went black.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment