Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Chapter 6: THe Forgotten Prophecy and a Secret Vil

Nina, a young shaman from Etruria, is suddenly thrust into an adventure with her best friends Selinia and Cadoc. She must solve the riddle of the Ruler of Darkness, as well as avoid being captured.

Chapter 7 - Chapter 6: THe Forgotten Prophecy and a Secret Vil

Chapter 7 - Chapter 6: THe Forgotten Prophecy and a Secret Vil




The next morning was sunny and warm. Selinia seemed to have regained confidence, and was in a more cheery mood.



“Maybe today won't be so bad! The sky is crystal clear, and we haven't been attacked!”



“Where did your brother go?” Nina inquired.



“He left before you woke up. Said he was going to see if there is a town nearby.”



“I hope so…I'm starving! Last time we ate was yesterday morning!” Nina said as her stomache rumbled.



“If I had known this would have happened I would have taken enough food for us. We could hunt for ourselves.” Riko said.



“Well Cadoc is coming right now! So, find anything brother?”



“There seems to be a small village up ahead. I don't know what it is like there, or if strangers like us will be greeted kindly, but it's the best choice we have at the moment.”



“Well, let's go!” Selinia said.



It was silent for a moment, then Nina thought about what her captors had said. “Does anybody know what those guys meant before they captured us? Remember they said something about a forgotten prophecy. It has been bugging me.”



“That's a good question. Now that you mention it, I do remember them saying that.” Selinia added.



“They were speaking of an old tale. It has indeed been forgotten…by most people.” Riko suddenly said.



“You seem to know of it. Would you tell us?” Cadoc asked.



“There is an ancient prophecy, fortelling the time when the darkness will rule over all. It was said that one being would have complete control of darkness. Fortune-tellers once predicted this over a millenium ago. Most scoffed at them, however. Only a few believed their words, and dedicated their lives to making sure this never happened. They passed down the tale from generation to generation. Some people still believe it, and, just as their ancestors did, make sure this will never happen.”



“That is a pretty farfetchd tale.” Nina said.



“So, that must make you one of those whom dedicate their lives to preventing all of this? Where else could you have heard the story” Selinia asked.



“I have heard of it before in my travels.” Riko answered.



“I find it hard to believe myself.” Cadoc said. “One being having the power to control everything?”



“If one has such powerful darkness they can use at will, who will stop them?”



“Are you telling me you believe this, Riko?” Cadoc asked.



“I am not sure. It is not known when the ruler of darkness will come forth, or even who it is. However, if this ruler does come forth, some of us are destined to fight it. This is what I have heard, whether some of it is true or not I cannot say.”



“It's definitly a strange tale. But enough prophecies, we are at the village!” Selinia exclaimed!



It was a rather small place, but very lovely. Surrounded by trees, it seemed very peaceful. Beautiful flowers grew all around. People were tending to crops, doing chores, playing games, and all looked content.



“This place looks nice! Maybe our luck has finally changed!” Nina said.



One of the villagers approached them. She was old, with white hair and a wrinkled face. “Well, well. It isn't often we have outsiders. Who are you and what are you doing all the way out here?”



“Greetings milady. We got lost and came across your village. I am Cadoc, a Wyvern Lord from Bern. This is my sister, Selinia. She is a Pegasus Knight from Ilia. Nina is a Shaman from Eutruria, and Riko is a traveling swordsman.”



“An unusual group. Follow me.” Without question, the group followed the lady. “I am the leader of this village. My name is Ellie, but most just refer to me as the Elder. My husband was originally the leader, but passed away a few years ago.”



“I am sorry to hear that.” Cadoc said.



“Oh what a gentleman. Please, come in.” Ellie's house was more like a hut. It was larger than the rest, and the inside was very well kept. “Are you hungry? We have plenty of food.”



“Yes, actually.” Selinia said.



“Then you wait right here. I will bring out some food. While you are waiting, you should go wash up. Nobody wants to eat with dirty hands.” When the group had finished washing their hands and faces, the table was filled with food. There was meat, vegetables, fruits, bread, soup, salad, and pastries, all of which looked scrumptious.



“Wow this looks delicious!” Nina said.



“Please, help yourselves.”



“Thank you very much!” they all said.



“You have a very nice village.” Selinia said.



“Why thank you. We grow and cook all our own food. The only time we leave the village is to gather things we need from the forest. Everybody works hard.”



“Nobody has ever left the village? You have never been attacked?” Nina asked.



“No. Why do you ask?” Ellie said curiously.



“Oh…no big reason. Everybody is so peaceful and happy.”



“Yes, everybody loves living here, away from the rest of the world. Because we have no contact with other places, we have no reason to fight them. I'm not even sure others know about this village.”



“It must be nice, although you don't get to talk to people from other places. I would have never met Nina otherwise!” Selinia said.



“That is true, but we don't want to get involved in everybody else's problems.”



Ellie discussed various things about her village for the remainder of the meal. They were all stuffed aftarwards.



“Wow I don't think I have ever had such a great meal before!” Nina said.



“Yes, it was delicious!” Selinia added.



“Very good, we thank you very much.” Cadoc said.



“I haven't had a meal like that in quite some time.” Riko finished.



“I'm glad you all enjoyed it.” Ellie said, smiling.



“Would you like us to help you clean up?” Nina offered.



“No thank you dear. You must be tired. You can stay a night here if you would like. You seem to be nice people. We don't have any spare beds, but you are welcome to sleep here.”



“Thank you, we will. Just having a roof over our heads is nice.” Cadoc said.



“Well, until then you can do what you want, just don't leave the village.”



“Thank you.” The group said.



Nina found everybody to be very kind. Her and Selinia had played games with the little kids, and even found a couple of people their age to talk to. They learned how to garden, while Cadoc and Riko learned the best ways to hunt. Nina enjoyed every minute of her day. She had fun the whole time, and forgot about everything that had been happening recently. It seemed everyone was having a good time. The children were interested in stories all of them had. By nightfall, they had made a campfire and told stories. Even some adults had joined in. There were delicious treats to roast over the fire. When it came time for everyone to sleep, Nina was exhausted, but happy. Even Riko, who was usually quiet and kept to himself, seemed to have enjoyed the day.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

VideogameMaster on April 24, 2006, 4:59:39 AM

VideogameMaster on
VideogameMaster*mouth drools* I wish I could taste the food Ellie made.