Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Chapter 9: A Night's Rest

Nina, a young shaman from Etruria, is suddenly thrust into an adventure with her best friends Selinia and Cadoc. She must solve the riddle of the Ruler of Darkness, as well as avoid being captured.

Chapter 10 - Chapter 9: A Night's Rest

Chapter 10 - Chapter 9: A Night's Rest




The two girls flew on Ilmatar while Cadoc and Riko rode on Draco. Riko instructed which way to go. Not too long later, they came across small fortress, similar to the one they had been locked up in before. It too was hidden in a forest. They landed in front of the door. Ilmatar and Draco stayed outside as Riko opened the large doors and let everybody in. It had the look of an old, abondoned fortress on the outside, but the inside was quite different. It looked just as comfortable as her own home. Riko walked up the stone stairs in the center of the room, and the others followed. They entered another room where Riko's father was sitting at a large table.



“So, you are back. Please, everybody, sit down.” Riko's father said. They all did as they were told. “Riko, you tell me that this girl isn't the one?”



“I don't believe so. Like I told you, she isn't the person that we were led to believe she was. It is possible we have the wrong person.”



“Highly unlikely.”



“Could you tell us about the time you first found out about Nina?”



“Hmm…yes, I suppose I should. I had been walking around, when I came across some strange robed men. When they mentioned something about the Ruler of Darkness, I immediately became interested, and followed them. I found out that the one who was to become the Ruler was living in Etruria with her foster parents. Nina, you were adopted, correct?”



“Well, my parents found me when I was a baby. It was during the night, and it had been raining hard. They thought heard a baby's voice crying outside and opened to door to find me lying on the doorstep. They took me in and raised me. I have never known my real parents, but they are just as good as any other parents. They always treated me well.”



“I see. Well, they said that soon, the child would be ready. She had not known of her destiny, but had natural skills with dark magic. I sent somebody to find this child. He discovered a female Shaman who lived with foster parents. We figured that it had to be you. After learning that you were headed to Ilia, I had my son go there.”



“Wait…so you had been spying on me? For how long?” Nina asked



“Well…it was only a couple of months ago that we discovered you.”



“I can't believe it! Somebody was watching me the entire time and I didn't know?”



“We had to make sure you were the right one…”



“But I'm not! Sure I am a Shaman, but it's not like im strong enough to…rule the world or whatever! How can you just believe something you hear from somebody you don't even know?”



Riko looked shocked from Nina's outburst. He had never seen her like that before. His father seemed surprised as well.



“This is crazy! All of this because you think I am some…monster? This week was supposed to be just Selinia, Cadoc, and I. it was suppose to be fun. I haven't seen them in years. And now…now I find out that somebody has been watching me and wanted me dead?” Nina put her head on the table and cried. She couldn't understand any of this. It made no sense. She just wanted to have fun, carefree week with her best friends. Selinia walked over to Nina and tried to comfort her. Everybody else became silent.



“Nina, let's just go back home and forget about all of this. We can still have fun while there is time.” Selinia said.



Nina lifted her head, still crying. “But it won't be the same! I j-j-just wanted to b-be with my friends. I should have never come. It's because of me all this happened! They were after me the whole time! That night when we came back, one of the b-b-bandits g-grabbed me. He said something about g-g-getting a reward. I didn't tell anybody b-because I didn't want to ruin it! And n-now some of your friends were killed! We were almost killed!”



“I became too obsessed with what I was doing and didn't care who was harmed in the process. I know nothing I can do will ever bring back the friends you lost, but we will do anything we can to make it up to you.” Riko's father said.



Nina wiped her eyes. “I'm sorry. This is just...so much to handle. I could have never thought anything like this could happen…”



It was quiet again, until Selinia spoke up. “Remember how we got captured earlier and Riko said that it wasn't him? If he wasn't the one responsible, then who was?”



“Riko, you were captured?” His father asked.



“Yes. There was a bunch of robed people that attacked us. We were all knocked out and they locked us up. I managed to get us out.”



“Then we aren't the only ones after Nina.”



“What?” Nina stopped crying.



“It must be her then. There can't be any mistaking it.”



“Are you sure?” Riko asked.



“Yes. We should probably find out who those people were that captured you. We will set out tomorrow. You need to rest for now Riko. The rest of you can go home. When we find out more information I will send Riko to tell you.”



“No, I want to go too.” Nina said.



Riko's father looked a little shocked. “Nina, are you sure?”



“Yes. If they are looking for me, I have a right to know who they are.”



“But Nina, you were just saying you wanted to go home.” Cadoc said.



“I know, but I have to find out what is going on. Whether I believe all of this or not, I'm not sure, but I want to go. You two can go back home if you want, I am not going to ask you to come along. I have put you in enough danger already.”



“If you are going so are we.” Selinia said. “I am just as curious as you are.”



“But Selinia…” Nina began.



“I am your best friend, and best friends stick together no matter what. I can't just leave you now. If you go, I go.”



“Same for me.” Cadoc said.



“Selinia, Cadoc…I don't know what to say…”



“You don't need to say anything.” Selinia assured her friend.



“Thank you guys so much! I couldn't have asked for better friends!”



“Well, if you all want to go, I can take you along. Rest for the remainder of the day. You have been through a lot and should stay home overnight. Riko and I will get to your house tomorrow when we are ready.”



“Are you sure you all want to go? It could be dangerous.” Riko asked.



“Yes.” The three said.



“Fine. Just be prepared.”



“Don't worry, we will!” Selinia said.



“We will see you tomorrow then. Sleep well.”



“You too.”




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment