Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Chapter 10: Sneak Attack

Nina, a young shaman from Etruria, is suddenly thrust into an adventure with her best friends Selinia and Cadoc. She must solve the riddle of the Ruler of Darkness, as well as avoid being captured.

Chapter 11 - Chapter 10: Sneak Attack

Chapter 11 - Chapter 10: Sneak Attack


The next morning came all too quickly. After getting ready, Nina, Selinia, and Cadoc said goodbye to Koen and a weeping Sariah. Cadoc had to convince his mother the night before that they would be fine. She eventually understood and allowed them to leave, but couldn't help crying as they began to leave. Riko and his father had arrived riding a wyvern. With weapons, vulneraries and elixers with them, the group once again headed out.



“Thank you for letting us come along Mr…um….” Nina turned to Riko's father, realizing that she did not yet know his name.



“Please, just call me Seth. And it's no problem, just be prepared for anything.”



“Where did the wyvern come from Seth?” Selinia asked.



“He belongs to a friend of mine. I am just borrowing him until we reach our destination.”



“We are heading for that fortress we were kept in before, right?” Nina asked.



“Yes.” Seth responded.



“But there are so many gaurds there, we barely made it out. Are you sure we will be safe with just the five of us?” Selinia asked



“Some of my comrads already there. About 7 of them I would say.”



“We should have known you would be well prepared.” Nina said.



When they got there, the group landed a little ways away from the old fortress. The others were waiting, hidden in the trees.



“Ah, Commander, you have arrived!” A man said to Seth.



“How is the situation?” He asked.



“Well, there aren't many gaurds around. There are only a handful gaurding the entrance. The rest of them must be inside.”



“Good. That will make it easier to get in undetected.”



“This place is so isolated, it's a wonder why the even have so many gaurds.” Selinia whispered to Nina.



“What exactly are we going to do here anyway?” Cadoc inquired.



“I am going to try and sneak in and get some information. Hopefully we can get through this without a battle, but they may attack. If that happens, we will fight back. Nina, you should stay out of site. If they see you, I am sure they will come after us.”



“Is all of this really necessary?” Nina asked.



“Unfortunalty, it is. They have tried to capture you before. According to Riko, you were kept in a separate cell from the rest. They probably would have executed everybody else, but they apparently need you for something. I believe they are the ones waiting for the Ruler of Darkness to finally step forward.”



“Are you sure of this?” Selinia asked.



“Yes. Now if you don't like the plan, you can leave. Otherwise, just stay with everybody else and do as I say. Well, here I go.”



The group watched as Seth snuck his way into the fortress, completely unnoticed by the gaurds. Nina was about to sit down when she thought she heard something behind her. She looked around but didn't see anything.



Selinia noticed Nina looking around anxiously. “Nina, what's the matter?”



“Nothing. I just thought I heard something.”



“It was probably just an animal.”



“Yeah, I guess so.”



A few seconds later, Nina saw something zoom past her. An arrow hit one of Seth's soldiers in the back of his head. He fell over, dead. Another arrow barely missed Cadoc and piereced a nearby tree. Everybody got their weapons ready. Nina saw an archer hidden in the trees and cast a Flux. As soon as it hit, a large group of gaurds came out from hiding.



“Where did they all come from? I thought that you checked the area!” Riko yelled.



“We did! We didn't see anybody! I don't know where they came from!” One of them men said.



“Fine, we have no choice but to attack! Make sure they don't get ahold of Nina!”



Nina began casting her spells at the enemies that weren't paying attention. One of the gaurds spotted her and walked over to her.



“Heh…so, you are back.” He said.



Nina backed away. “What do you want with me?”



“Come with me, and I will tell you.”



“No. Tell me now.”



“You ignorant girl. You will never escape. Make things easy and just give up. If you will just follow me, I will spare your friend's lives.”



“Get away from me. I'm not going anywhere with you.”



“Foolish child! My ax longs for the taste of blood. If you want to make things hard, I will just finish off all of your little friends right now.”



“You will leave my friends alone!” Nina said, and attacked him with her Flux.



“Hmph. You can do better than that. I know you can. But it seems you have chosen to go the hard way. Fine.” He turned around and threw his ax towards Selinia, who was already occupied fighting another guard.



“Selinia, look out!” Nina screamed. Selinia turned around and tried to get out of the way, but the ax struck her in her arm. She dropped her lance and her enemy rushed after her. Before he could reach Selinia, however, Riko rushed by slashed him. The attacker fell to the ground and Riko ran to Selinia.



“Selinia! Are you all right?”



“That ax got my lance arm.”



“Stay out of the rest of this battle. I'll protect you.”



“Next time I won't miss.” The guard said. “Now, come with me.”



“No!” Nina cast her spell again, but it didn't seem to do much damage. “Why won't my spells work?”



“You are stubborn, aren't you? You leave me no choice. I'll just have to…gah! What…who just hit me?”



Cadoc landed near Nina. “Are you alright Nina?”



“Yes, I'm fine.”



“You dare fight me? You will regret that!” The axman said, and threw his ax at Cadoc. Draco quickly took to the air, dodging the attack. He then swept down upon the man, and Cadoc thrust out his lance. The weapon hit its target.



“ARGH! You…won't get away with that…” The guard swung his ax one last time. It missed Cadoc, but hit Draco, giving him a gash on his left side. The man fell as Draco let out a loud roar. Cadoc jumped off and pulled the ax out of his wyvern.



“Draco, are you okay?”



The wyvern nodded.



“ I won't make you be in this fight anymore if you don't want to. No, don't try to keep going. Just rest here. I know you have been through worse, but I don't want to risk you getting injured any further. Don't worry, I can fight on foot too.”



“Is he okay Cadoc?” Nina asked.



“He will be okay, but if he gets injured any further it could cause some searious damage. Stay here with him, I'm going to help the others.”



Riko came over to them. “I think we have got them all. Are you guys all right?”



“Yes, we are fine. Draco suffered a minor injury, but he will okay.”



“Is Selinia okay?” Nina asked.



“I'm okay. But that ax got me good. I don't know if I can fight with this arm.”



“Selinia, what happened?” Cadoc asked.



“I was fighting when an ax came flying at me. I tried to move, but it hit my right arm. See.” Selinia held out her arm. The wound was already bandaged. “Riko came and helped me. He bandaged up my arm.”



“Thank you Riko.” Cadoc said.



“It's the least I could do.”



“How is everybody else?” Nina asked.



“ Luckily, they are all alive. As for our other friend, the arrow killed him.”



“Oh no…I'm so sorry.”



“We did pretty well considering the numbers we fought. Hopefully father is having an easier time.”



“Should we go look for him?” Selinia asked.



“No. We are to wait until he arrives or gives the signal. I'm sure he is fine.”



“Signal? Are you sure?”



“Yes. I know what I am doing. Well…now we wait.”


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

VideogameMaster on May 5, 2006, 11:08:34 PM

VideogameMaster on
VideogameMasterThis story is becoming interesting.