Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Chapter 11: Moment of Peace

Nina, a young shaman from Etruria, is suddenly thrust into an adventure with her best friends Selinia and Cadoc. She must solve the riddle of the Ruler of Darkness, as well as avoid being captured.

Chapter 12 - Chapter 11: Moment of Peace

Chapter 12 - Chapter 11: Moment of Peace


They all got as comfortable as they could and waited. The sun began to set, and it grew dark and cold. They couldn't make a fire or they would be found. Selinia suggested they move farther in the forest like they did before, but they had to stay put in case something happened. Eventaully nightfall came and still there was no sign of Seth. Selinia fell asleep trying to stay warm in her brother's arms. When Nina noticed everybody else was slumbering, she too lay down and closed her eyes, but she couldn't sleep. Instead she lay on her back and stared at the stars, lost in thought. She still couldn't understand what was going on. Riko and his father insisted that she was this Ruler of Darkness, yet they hadn't presented much proof of it.



“You are still awake, Nina?” A voice said.



She sat up found Riko was up as well. “Yeah. I can't sleep.”



“Are you all right? You seem awful distant. That's not like you.”



“Heh. It's not like you to want to converse either.”



“I know this is bothering you. I thought you might want to talk about it rather than keep it to yourself. I'm partly to blame for all of this anyway.”



“Its just…I'm confused.”



“That makes two of us.”



“What do you mean?”



“Well, we all thought you would be so much different. I have been longing for this day to arrive; yet now that it is here, I don't know what to do. I don't doubt that you are the one we have been searching for…but I can't believe it to be true.”



“But how do you know for sure? What if those people that our father talked about were wrong?”



“There is one thing my father left out. He doesn't want others to know. I can't tell you about it right now. But I'm sure he will tell you when the time is right.



“I understand. Thank you…for all the help”







“Help? I caused this. How is that helping?”



“Well…if this is indeed who I really am…I would have found out about it eventually. If it is my fate, it will happen. You could have just killed me that day, but you didn't. You are allowing my friends and I to come along with you.”



“I didn't make that decision on my own. My father approved of you coming along.”



“But at first, he wanted you to kill me. Why did you disobey?”



“I told you already. I wasn't sure if you were the right person. Everything fits into place, but something didn't seem right. It still doesn't. You and your friends…you are all trustworthy and kind. Somebody fit to be the Ruler wouldn't be like your group at all.”



“I just hope your father finds the answers. I don't want to make my friends go through all of this anymore.”



“He will. Our family has been working on this for ages. He is determined to figure it out. I think that this little problem we have run into even made him more interested. He actually seemed excited last night. Anxious yet excited. You know…you can still go home. My father and I can figure everything out on our own, and tell you later. There is no reason for you and our friends to go through with this.”



“I want to. I have to. I can't just sit around while something like this happens. I'm the one who this is about, and I need to take some responsibilty. Selinia and Cadoc don't have to stay. I don't want them to get hurt, but they insist.”



“That is because they are true friends. You are lucky to have them with you. They are doing it for you.”



“I know. I'm glad they are here. I don't want them to get hurt…but if they weren't here for me…I don't know what I would do.”



They sat quiet for a moment. Nina thought she heard some kind of whistle coming from the direction of the fortress.



“Riko, did you just-“



“Wait…that's the sign. Father needs us. Everybody, wake up! Quickly!



Selinia sat up and rubbed her eyes. “Uhn...what is it?”



“My father is in trouble, let's go!”



“Oh no! Brother, wake up!”



Cadoc opened his eyes. “What's going on?”



“We have to help Riko's father!”



Cadoc immediately grabbed his lance. “Selinia, you should stay here. With an injured arm you can't fight.”



“Don't be silly, I can still fight. I will just use my other arm.”



“No, I don't want you getting hurt again.”



“But I have to go. I can stay in the back with Nina.”



“Fine, but try not to fight.” He then spoke to his Wyvern. “Draco, I want you to stay out here. We may need to escape when we come out. Be ready. And watch for enemies.”



“Are you guys coming?” Nina asked them.



“Yes.” Cadoc and Selinia both said.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment