Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Chapter 12: A Fallen Friend

Nina, a young shaman from Etruria, is suddenly thrust into an adventure with her best friends Selinia and Cadoc. She must solve the riddle of the Ruler of Darkness, as well as avoid being captured.

Chapter 13 - Chapter 12: A Fallen Friend

Chapter 13 - Chapter 12: A Fallen Friend


Weapons ready, they ran to the fort. When they got inside, Seth was fighting the guards. As soon as the others seen Riko's group come in, they charged at them. Nina stayed in the back at cast spells at ememies from a distance, while Selinia fought off oncoming attacks. Riko ran to his father's side.



“Seems you have gotten yourself into a bit of trouble” Riko said.



“Riko, glad you are here. Seems one of them spotted me. Let's take care of these guys.”



Riko slashed at an enemy axemen and killed him. He began to fight another when he was hit from behind and fell to the ground. The foe readied his axe to attack. He rushed forward but Riko rolled to the side just in time. He got up and blocked a second blow with his sword. Seth stabbed the man from behind. As he turned around, a girl with a lance came towards him. She knocked him over and held her lance to his neck.



“Give it to me.” She said.



“Give you what?” Seth asked.



“Don't play dumb. I know you have it. I want the gem.”



“I don't have it.”



“You lie! I know you have it! Give it to me or die.”



Riko saw his father was in trouble and went to attack the girl. She saw him coming and stepped to the side. He missed and she jabbed him in the back with the dull end of her lance. He fell face down onto the concrete floor.



“Hmm…perhaps if I kill your precious son you will change your mind.” She told Seth.



“Don't you dare touch him!”



“Then give me the gem!”



“I will not let you take it.”



“Fine. Say goodbye to your son.” Just as she raised her lance to Riko, Cadoc thrust his own lance at her.



“No…I will not die alone…” Before anybody knew what she was doing, she thrust her lance through Seth's stomach, and fell.



“Father!” Riko crawled towards his father. Nina and Selinia saw what was going on and ran over to them.



“Heh…looks like I was…too slow. Riko…you must take care of Nina…and her friends. These people are the ones…that I was talking about. Take the gem…and don't let them have it.” Seth said weakly.



“I promise. But you have to stay alive.”



“I'm sorry…I will not…be able to…help you…be careful…my…son…” Seth fell limp in Riko's arms.



“Father…no…don't die…I can't lose you too…no…father…” For the first time, they saw a tear fall down Riko's cheek.



“No…Seth…” Selinia said.



“Sorry to ruin the moment, but your father has something we want.” A voice said. They all turned around to see a man wielding a sword. “Now, hand it over and I won't have to kill you.”



“No. I promised father. You won't have it.” Riko said as he stood up. His left cheek was scraped and his nose was bleeding.



“Heh. You're just a kid. And I don't see your father complaining. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!”



“You…” Riko grabbed his sword.



“AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…Wha-AUGH!!! How did you…gah…”



“That will teach you to mess with me, and my father.” Riko kicked the man as he fell.



A soldier ran to Riko. “Sir! The enemy has been defeated! Where is…no…Commander! Commander are you all right?”



“My father…is dead…”



“Commander Seth…no…”



Another soldier stepped forward. “Commander Riko, we are so sorry. We weren't able to protect Commander Seth.”



“It isn't your fault. You all fought hard.”



“We must give him a proper burial.” Another soldier said.



They walked out into the freezing rain. Riko and his comrades buried Seth. Nina, Selinia, and Cadoc offered to help, but Riko told them to rest. Ilmatar and Draco were already wet from the rain, and kept Nina, Selinia, and Cadoc dry with their wings. When they finished, they were all exhausted. The only problem now was where to sleep. It was too cold and rainy to stay outside, but a fortress with dead bodies wasn't very inviting either. Despite their fatigue, they decided that they would return to Riko's fort and rest there. As they got ready, two people emerged from the trees.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment