Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Chapter 13: Summoned to the Village

Nina, a young shaman from Etruria, is suddenly thrust into an adventure with her best friends Selinia and Cadoc. She must solve the riddle of the Ruler of Darkness, as well as avoid being captured.

Chapter 14 - Chapter 13: Summoned to the Village

Chapter 14 - Chapter 13: Summoned to the Village


The two people stood before Nina and her friends. One was young lady. She had blonde hair that fell to her waist. Her eyes were deep blue. She held a bow in her hand and a quiver full of arrows was slung across her back. Both hands were covered with green gloves. She wore a light green top and a matching skirt that went down to her knees. On her feet were small, light brown boots.



Next to her stood a man about 18 or so. He had short, brown hair and green eyes. He held a large axe. His black shirt was tight on his muscular body. His pants were dark brown as were the boots he wore.



Riko eyed them suspiciously. Nina thought the looked slightly familiar, but she couldn't figure out why. The girl spoke.



“I know you. You are Nina, correct?”



Nina was surprised to hear her name. So she had met these people before, but where? “Yes, that is my name. I apologize, but, I am afraid I don't know your name.”



“I am Sakura, and this,” She said, pointing to the man, “this is Lee. I didn't think you would remember. You and your friends had stumbled upon our village not too long ago.”



Selinia spoke. “I remember them now! They are from that village hidden deeper in the forest. Remember?”



Nina nodded. “Yes, I remember now.”



“If I may ask” Interrupted Riko “What are you doing here?”



“I wish to know the same thing.” Came Sakura's response.



“That…is not for you to know.” Riko said.



“Then you don't need to know why we are here either.” Sakura replied.



Riko seemed to be getting aggravated. “If you have no business with us, then we will be going.” He said as he turned around.



“If you would just wait for a moment I would have you know that we do have business with you.” Sakura retorted.



Riko turned around to face her, becoming very impatient. “Fine…then what is it you want?”



“Come with us and I will tell you.”



Riko didn't move. “You expect us to just follow you, without knowing why?”



Sakura glared at him. Lee spoke up. “Aw, come on Sakura! You aren't going to make friends like that.”



“We aren't here to make friends, we are here on orders.”



Nick simply sighed and turned to the group. “The Elder wants you to come with us to our village. She wishes to speak with you.”



Selinia looked surprised. “Why would she want to see us?”



“We can't discuss it here.” Sakura answered. “You can discuss it with the Elder when we get back.”



“Well, I guess we should go.” Nina said.



“Commander, shall we go?” A soldier asked Riko.



“I suppose we have to.” Riko grunted.



They marched through the forest in silence. Everyone was too tired to talk. Although Nina was exhausted, her mind reaced with thoughts. She remembered Seth telling Riko to protect something. What it was she had no clue. The longer she was around Riko, the more confusing everything got. He was still keeping secrets from them, of that she could be sure. Now Ellie wished to speak with them. Once again, nothing seemed to make sense.



Her thoughts wandered to her parents. She missed them, and wondered how they were doing. They didn't know what was happening; to them she was just spending a week with her friends. In fact, her week with her friends was almost up. She would be expected home in a day or two. The way things were going, returning home in a couple of days was not going to happen. Hopefully she would somehow be able to tell them that she was going to be away for a while longer. She didn't want to worry them.



They reached the village shortly before dawn and the rain had stopped. Sakura took their weapons and stashed them away. Normally they wouldn't have to, but with the extra soldiers the village would be concerned. Ellie met them at her door.



“It is good to see you again.” She greeted them. Before anybody could speak, she continued. “I am sure you are wondering why I asked you to come here. However, you all look like you are ready fall over and sleep on the wet ground. I have arranged places for you all to sleep. We can discuss things after you have been rested.”



A couple sheds that were used for storage were set up for a comfortable place to sleep. Ellie apologized for not having room in the house for them to rest, but they were grateful for what they were offered. It was much better than what they had originally planned. As soon as Nina lay down and pulled the blankets over here, she fell fast asleep.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment