Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Shadows

Wrote it last night.

Chapter 1 - Shadows

Chapter 1 - Shadows
Endless darkness. An eerie darkness filled with nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. No feelings, no sound, no nothing.
Nothing is a strange word, it portrays many things. What are you doing? Nothing. What's in here? Nothing. What's wrong? Nothing. But does anybody really know the true meaning?
Keep walking through the empty void. Walking and walking, eventually you will come across a chair. There is a gaunt looking man in the chair. Soon he will be nothing. Soon he will cease to exist.
Why? Because nothing is meant to be. In this empty space nothing is meant to live, exist. This man would die alone. Because he was the one and only, he was the creator of his own darkness. He lived in his mind. Blanked everything he had ever had or wanted and sat, wallowing in his own self-pity.
Look at his face, covered in shadow. Don't get too close, now. He might sense your presence. He will look up at you. His face blank. He will smile at you, not a comforting smile. But a smile that showed rows and rows of sharp teeth. This is how he sees himself. In his mind he is a ruthless killer. Out to get as many innocent souls as he could. Pulling them into the darkness with him. Devouring their souls when they dared to open their mouths to scream.
Who was he before he plunged himself into darkness? Only he will know. What is he thinking? Look around you and you will know. What do you see? Nothing. That's what he's thinking. Maybe one day an image will slowly fade into view. Maybe his lips will curl into a friendly smile and his teeth would be stained yellow and not pointed. Just maybe.
Tell me one thing. Would you follow him into a dark alleyway? You wouldn't? You judged him from what I said, didn't you? You're naive. Just because someone said all that doesn't mean it's true. Why don't you find out for yourself. He's waiting.
I watched you get engulfed in the alleyway. Meniacal laughter and a scream. He took your soul, didn't he? You did what I said again. I told you to listen, and you did. I told you to find out for yourself, and you did. Can you not think for yourself?
Why did you talk to me? Can't you see that I'm just the shadow that haunts you? Lurking where you cannot see. Or maybe I'm what you refuse to look at. But I'm there. You acknowledged me. Why did you acknowledge me? Why didn't you blank me out like you did everything else?
Deceit, jealousy, sadness, anger, all things that took over your mind. Hope drained from you. I replaced your hope. Slowly I began to take over. And you gave in. Why did you give in? Am I too much to handle? Why did you do nothing to stop me? I like a challenge.
You ended up just like the man in the chair. No emotions. You locked yourself up in your mind. You locked the door and threw away the key. Why are hiding from me? Are you scared? I ask you so many questions, but you never answer. Why do you do this to me? Just give me an answer. It isn't my fault I like to drown your happiness. That's just the way I am.
Sometimes I would tell you to do things. You did them. Why did you listen to me? Think for yourself, you have thoughts and opinions. Why didn't you argue? Why didn't you just refuse? You're weak.
Sometimes I watched you from a distance. I left you for the shadows. You're head hung low as you walked slowly through life. Did you ever come out of your thoughts? But then you we're with you're friends. And you put on a mask. You laughed, and joked. I could see through you're act, but why couldn't they? Tell me. I want to know.
Sometimes you wished they did see through it. I know that much. You would wish that they would suddenly ask if you we're ok, and that you could say no. Let down your defence and let them in. But you never did. Why is that? You're weak.
I consumed you. You couldn't get away anymore. I gave you a chance but you pushed away. You should have taken the chance.
Endless darkness. Nothing exists. But if you keep walking. Just keep walking and walking. You will come across a chair. A gaunt looking woman is in the chair. Her face covered in shadows. She looks up to reveal rows of sharp teeth. She devoured you're soul...and I helped get you there.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment