Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A Night Unseeen

The Titans go to the Beach but only Terra, Raven, and Starfire stay. When Starfire goes missing Terra has to find Raven to help her find Starfire.

Chapter 1 - A Night Unseeen

Chapter 1 - A Night Unseeen
A Night Unseen

“Starfire!?” Terra shouted as she ran down the rocks. She tripped over one and went tumbling down into the clear ocean. The water stung her eyes and it filled her senses. The current washed her onto shore. Terra looked at the moon sparkling in the water and looked back at the tranquil waves. She sat on the beach and threw her wet hair onto her back. “This is all my fault.” She murmured.
She got up and looked out to sea. She knew she should have never came to the beach with the other Titans or worse make Starfire come. The others had already gone home and she and Starfire stayed to camp out with Raven. Raven! Terra forgot all about Raven. She turned around wildly looking for the campfire.
An image appeared in the corner of her eye catching her attention. She whipped around and tiptoed towards it. There was mumbling of some sort. Terra crawled up onto the banks leading to the mumbling making sure she wasn’t making any noise. Sand was all over her elbows and knees and even in her hair making it uncomfortable to move. The top of the bank was covered in dune grass and she could peer through it. The figure was floating in air making it look mysterious. Terra concentrated her energy as a gold force field surrounded her entire body. She opened her eyes slightly as they glew bright gold. Rocks started to swirl around in a twister. The twister pulled itself it together and Terra lifted her hands up. She opened her palms quickly as the twister mystically glided towards the figure hitting it in a rage. The figure fell to the ground with a thud.
Terra looked up to see that five seconds later the figure had vanished. A black flash hit her across the shoulder forcing her backwards into the sand dune. The sand didn’t cushion the pain of her shoulder as she rolled down the bank. She hit the sand hard and got up to see the figure before her own eyes.
“Raven!” she shouted with pain in her voice.
“What did you think you were doing, Terra?” Raven asked in her deep and raspy voice.
“You hit real hard. Did anyone tell you that? Star is missing!”
“Starfire? She can take care of herself. She can handle this.”
“Raven, there’s something weird about this beach and why would she just disappear into mid-air?”
Raven stood silently looked at Terra’s stubborn expression of concern. She lowered herself onto the sand and sighed. Terra looked at Raven’s face finding no sympathy. The look was as normal. Terra turned around and looked at the moon. She wondered what would happen if Starfire was gone.
“We will look for her together.” Raven answered calmly. “It is pointless to split up if she was kidnapped.”
A weak smile spread across Terra’s face but her eyes stayed the same. Raven’s hood fell over her head as she floated back into the air silently. She floated across the beach near the shore as Terra trailed behind her. Dead silence there was no talking in between them. A figure appeared near the shore at the end of the beach near the tide pools. The figure was not moving and Terra started to sprint towards it. Raven followed at her normal pace. Terra kept running sand rubbing against her legs salt water stinging her eyes. She was soaked to the bone and freezing. She tripped and landed in a wave braking.
The waved forced her underwater without any warning. The salt water forced into her throat and kept her down. Her boot got caught in a rock when she hit the floor of the ocean. She pulled away but couldn’t get loose. She had no air as it was and she was running out of time. Her panic was taking over so she couldn’t focus on her powers. She could feel her life slipping away and she closed her eyes slowly. She was half awake and she felt something pull her up. Raven pulled her out of the tide in a warm, black orb dropping her softly onto the beach. Terra dazedly opened her eyes to see Raven near the edge of the beach staring out. She looked at her ankle to see she only had a sock on one foot and blood seeping through the sock.
“Thank you, Raven.” She said solemnly.
“It was no trouble.” Raven answered with no change in her tone.
Terra turned to the figure that was only five feet away. She got up and walked to the figure feeling the squishy, cold sand between her toes. Her eyes filled with tears that stinged her cheeks when they fell as she looked at the girl on the beach. The girl’s long red hair covered her face as her clothes were all beaten up. Sand covered her arms and legs and it was even in her red hair. Terra kneeled down at the girl’s side and shook her gently. Her tears fell onto the girl who started to move. The girl turned over looking at Terra.
Her green eyes stood out boldly but couldn’t compete with the jagged cuts on her cheeks. She was pale and out of breath. They stared at each other exchanging no words or even look. The girl turned to look at Raven who was staring out into the ocean. The girl cleared her throat and turned back to Terra. Terra looked at her and hugged her tightly as tears fell down her face.
“What happened, Starfire?” she cried ignoring her cold, wet clothes.
“I would prefer not to talk about it. I cannot believe you, Terra. You had pushed me into the ocean and you act as if you are concerned.” Starfire yelled.
Raven turned around quickly and ran over to them, “What did you say she did, Starfire?” she asked shooting Terra a dirty look.
“I wish we could go home now.” Starfire cried.
A flash of light blinded them all. Familiar voices came from behind it. They all turned to see Robin, Cyborg, and Beast Boy. Starfire jumped up to greet them and ignored the wounds all over her body. Raven turned away from Terra and Terra stood next to Beast Boy protectively grabbing his arm. They didn’t say any words all they did was start walking to Cyborg’s car. Terra fell behind and looked behind a dune. She smiled at the sky knowing no one would speak of what she did. They still would trust her and she still had orders to follow.

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Starfire on January 16, 2005, 4:35:02 AM

Starfire on
StarfireEhhh? Who are you?!? Gameboy.... I never cheated on you because I never dated you. I kinda like this kid in my school who I know, well. He's awesome and cute!
I'm not dog, I'm awesome. You are a raving lunatic.

gameboy on August 17, 2004, 1:16:46 PM

gameboy on
gameboyu bicth u cheated on me im robin so go frack emerl

Starfire on August 7, 2004, 8:11:39 AM

Starfire on
StarfireNoo! I want my story to stay misterious, until I get out of writer's block!

starbolt on May 21, 2004, 5:38:14 PM

starbolt on
starboltJinxy, calm down. I decided not to i just havent been online to post it.

starbolt on May 20, 2004, 4:53:33 PM

starbolt on
starboltvery good, i like the mystery.
by the way, im making a story that relates to yours, do you mind if i make it into a sequel?