Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Enter Flamedramon, Enter Mikarimon (Pt.1)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 1 - Enter Flamedramon, Enter Mikarimon (Pt.1)

Chapter 1 - Enter Flamedramon, Enter Mikarimon (Pt.1)
"Run for your lives! It's the Digimon Emperor!" The Digital World was in mass chaos. A middle-schooler with frizzy blue hair and thick yellow sunglasses was wreaking havoc already that early morning. A group of rabbit-like digimon were tearing through the undergrowth, pushing anything out of their way. In their rush to get away, they passed a small white cat digimon that was fleeing a black ring-like object that was chasing her. The cat dodged it and managed to get away.
"That was close..." She breathed, looking at her purple-striped tail. A pair of red, glowing eyes peered at her through a bush. The cat spun around, "Huh?" A Pegasusmon shot a laser her way. The cat screamed, throwing her body away from the burst of light.
******

"Within the darkness of the room something is moving. A caccoon seems to be stirring...but will come out of it? Will it be, as to be expected, a beautiful butterfly? Or it will it be some sort of montrosity, there to suck the blood of the livin-Oof!"
"Shut it, TK! I get it! I'm getting up!"
******

Fourty minutes later, Emi Ishida walked out of the bathroom to find her twin brother, TK, grinning at her over his bowl of rice. She did her best to glare at him, but only got as far as narrowing her pale blue eyes in a ridiculous matter that only caused him laugh.
"You could have just waited for my alarm to go off." She grumbled.
"Yeah, but that was way too much fun." He answered. Emi rolled her eyes, ate her breakfast as quickly as she could, and stalked off to her room to get dressed. She closed the door silently, resisting the urge to slam it, and opened the blinds. Emi looked out the window for a moment and walked to her closet to change. She paused before leaving the room to look in the mirror.
The face relfected back to her was familiar: pale blue eyes and gold-blonde hair that was pulled up into two large, spikey panda-ear knots and quite a bit falling to her waist, as well as her pale skin. It had been foolish of her to believe otherwise. Moving in within another parent did not entail a change in appeance. Besides, living with her mom and her brother hadn't been to awful; her mom had even taken her shopping, something Emi had been hard pressed to get her father or older brother to do. Her eyes scaled the new outfit she had chosen: a light blue tank-top underneath a pale green zip-up hoodie that cut off at her chest and white shorts. All in all, not a bad look for her first day at a brand new school.
"Hey, are you going to spend all day looking at yourself in the mirror or our we actually going to get a move on?" Emi screamed and turned to see TK grinning at her again. She stuck a small pink tongue at him, but immediately smiled and nodded. Grabbing a small white object as well as a necklace off her bedside table, Emi was pratically pulled from the room.
"Sorry kids," a woman on the computer called from another room, "I really wanted to take you to school today, but I have a big story that's due early."
"That's okay, mom," TK called back.
"Yeah, we'll be okay." She and her brother raced from the room, barely hearing the call of, "Have a nice day! And good luck!" their mother shouted after them.
The walk to the elevator was not a long one, but was fairly new for both children. When Emi had made the sudden descion a few months ago to start living with her mother and twin brother, it had startled both sectors of her family. The moved had already been planned by that point and Emi had moved in only a few weeks after she had decided. Still, it was both her and TK's first day of school at a brand new school and Emi couldn't help but feel nervous.
The elevator dinged to a stop and Emi came back to the present to watch the door slide open to reveal a gaggle of children about their age. The girl to the right was the tallest, with long purple hair and round glasses, to her right stood a girl slightly younger, with brown hair and blue eyes and wearing a bright blue helmet with a smiley face on it. There was boy about the second girl's age with a buzz cut and dark eyes, as well as another girl green eyes, spikey black hair, and a yellow helmet. The four of them stood stunned, staring at TK's warm smile.
"Hello. My name is TK Takaishi and this is my sister, Emi. We just moved in." TK explained. The tallest girl stepped forward.
"Hey, that's cool. My name is Yolie Inoue. Would you like to walk to school with us? It only takes 12 minutes when there isn't any wind!" The black haired girl laughed.
"Don't freak them out too much Yolei. Wait until we know them for a little longer," The girl with black hair said, "By the way, I'm Tara Ozonoki and this," she said gesturing towards the younger girl, "is Ashi Ikijyun." Ashi looked up shly and didn't say anything.
They parted to make room for the two new additions to the elevator. The boy grinned up at TK.
"Nice to know there are some boys moving in," he said, "I'm surrounded by girls constantly. My name is Cody Hido."
"Please to meet you," TK said, shaking Cody's outstretched hand.
"Hey, Yolei," Cody said, "Our computer is broken again. Can you come by after school and fix it?"
"Only if your mom makes her special brownies again," Yolie sang. The elevator opened and they continued on their way, Ashi falling in step with Cody and Tara following Emi closely.
"Hey, what grade are you two in, any way?" Tara asked, mostly to Emi.
"8th," TK answered confidently.
"Cool, that means you're with me and Tara." Yolei said, "Ashi and Cody are in 6th." The school came into view, and with it came the shouts of middle-schoolers. Emi watched a friendly soccor game for a few moments before finally speaking up.
"What do you guys do around here? I mean, clubs, sports, that sort of thing?"
"Well," Yolei began, "I'm president of the computer club." Emi instantly perked up.
"No way! A computer club? That sounds so cool." Yolei looked a little less uncomfortable.
"Yeah, we don't have a lot of members though. Just me, Tara, Ashi, and Cody."
"Count me in! I love computers!" Emi said, looking excited. Just then, the ball from the game Emi had been watching before came whizzing out of nowhere towards TK's head. He caught it with both hands and a frizzy red-headed boy with goggles came racing up. TK stared at the goggles on the boy's head.
"Do I...know you?" He asked as the other boy took the ball.
"Huh?" He asked.
"Yo Davis! You getting the ball or what?!" some children called. Davis gave TK one last 'okay, crazy new kid' look before leaving, TK still staring after him. Emi shook her brother's shoulder.
"What are you talking about TK? Tai's a much better soccor player than that."
"I guess you're right," TK answered, rubbing the back of his head. The school bell interrupted the rest of the conversation.
"Bye everyone," Cody said, waving before he set off. Ashi game Tara and Yolei a quick good-bye and rushed off after him.
"I'd better get going, too." Yolei said, "What classroom are you guys in?"
"Um...5-A, I think." Emi answered.
"That's my class," Tara said, "I'll take you there. 'Bye Yolei. See you after school."
******

"Hey Kari! Are we lucky or what? We're in the same class again!" The goggle-clad boy from before was talking to a girl wearing a pink shirt, yellow shorts, and a very short light brown hair cut.
"I wouldn't call that luck," Kari teased.
"Hey, you know what's weird? On my way in, a new kid told me I looked familiar. Probably thinks I'm a famous movie star or something."
"Yeah right, Davis." Tara walked in, passing the pair, "As if you could be famous for anything."
"You want to say that to my face, Tara?" Davis asked.
"Oh, I'm just kidding. You know that."
******

An orange dinosaur fell to the ground with an oof. "Tai! Help!" He called. An orange cat with angel wings fell beside him.
"I don't know if we're going to make it, Augumon!" The cat said, wincing.
"We will!" Augumon said, "Tai and Azukia will be here! TAAAIIIIII!"
******

"Huh?" A boy with messy brown hair looked at a silver electronic device on his waist as it began to beep.
"Is your's beeping, too, Tai?" A girl with red waist-length copper strength hair asked. Both were in a green school uniform and standing on the steps of their school.
******

"Hello," A man at the front of the classroom addressed the assembled 8th graders at large, "I'm Mr. Hazanaki and I'll be your teacher this year. I'd like you all to join in me in welcoming two new students." Davis looked bored, but then startled as Emi and TK entered the room.
"It's nice to meet you." TK said after taking his white hat off, I'm TK Takaishi."
"I'm Emi Ishida." Emi said, "It's a pleasure to be here."
"It's that kid..." Davis muttered to himself after seeing TK.
"Please take a seat next to the girl with the...the camera around her neck." Mr. Hazanaki told the pair. Emi looked up and then gasped with delight.
"Kari!" She raced up to her and threw her arms around her neck, "I didn't know you went to this school."
"Nice to see you again, Emi," Kari laughed as TK took the seat right next to her.
"Together again!" TK said while Emi took the seat next to him.
"Just like old times," Kari confirmed. Davis became incredibly angry.
"Hey!" He whispered violently to Tara, "That guy's trying to make a move on my girl!" Tara raised an eyebrow.
"Your girl? Since when has Kari been "your girl"?"
"Our teacher looks like Ogremon!" TK joked.
"Hey, has anyone ever told you two that you look alike?" Davis broke in.
"We're twins," Emi said, looking confused.
"But...but you don't have the same last name." TK shrugged.
"Divorced parents. Emi lived with our dad until recently."
"Oh," Davis said, sitting back down and looking embarassed.
"Smooth," Tara commmented.
******

"We can't let Snimon catch us!" A computer-istic ladybug told an orange creature with bat-wing like ears, a pink bird, and a fiery-lion, "It'll cut right through us!"
"Thanks for the update, Tentamon!" The lion said sarcasticaly between heavy breaths, "Why do you think we're RUNNING?!"
"Twin Sicles!" A large, pre-historic beetle said, whipping two blades through the air. The four digimon were seperated.
"Oh no!" The orange creature cried as it got stuck in a tree with the lion, "Biomon! Tentamon!"
******

Meanwhile, Tai and the girl from before were running through the forest. Suddenly, Augumon and the orange cat came into view.
"Augumon!" Tai cried at the same time the girl shouted, "Nekomon!"
"Tai! You're here!" Augumon said said as Tai lifted him up.
"I'm so glad you came Azukia." Nekomon said, hugging her friend.
"You've got to digivolve!" Tai said, holding up a fist. Azukia nodded. Both teenagers held up their digivices. When nothing happened, both looked at them.
"That's why we need your help, guys!" Augumon said, looking worried, "I can't digivolve!"
"I can't either!" Nekomon moaned.
"Did you forget how?" Tai asked, "It's just like riding a bicycle! Now start pedaling and DIGIVOLVE!"
"Tai, there has to be a reasonable explination," Azukia said, "We don't want another Skullgreymon incident."
******

The Digimon Emperor was in his lair, watching all of this on the monitors. When he heard Tai's call, he laughed.
"It's no use," He said to no one, "As long as I have the black digivice, there's no way any of you are digivolving." He began laughing again.
******

(A/N: *pants* so...many...cut scenes...)
The bad news was the Scimon was still chasing Patamon and Coronamon. The good news was that they had managed to catch up with Tai and Azukia. The Scimon in hot pursuit, the five raced through the trees.
"Move your tails!" Gatomon suddenly appeared, pointing in another direction with one claw. They started dumbstruck for half a second and the followed. Finally, they found the shelter of a cave.
"Oh, I hope Gotsumon is okay!" Azukia moaned, huddled in the safety of the rock. Tai took out a keyboard.
"We're going to need a lot more help," He said, typing frantically, "I'm contacting the others!"
******

Yolei was on the computer, doing her routine check before the club started, when suddenly a message bleeped onto the screen.
"What's this?" She said, clicking in open, "Come to the Digiworld right away; the digimon need our help? Must be a link to an online gamesite...Let's see who sent it. Tai Kamia...there's a girl in the 8th grade with the same last name! This e-mail is probably her's!"
******

"So this is my new locker..." Emi said, cocking her head back and forth, "Okay...who's bright idea was it to give me a top locker?" TK and Kari laughed.
"So TK, how is your mom enjoying the new aparment?" Kari asked, shouldering her backpack.
"She hasn't seen it yet," TK answered, "She hasn't got off the computer since we got there." Davis ran into the room, causing the three kids to turn to look at him. Tara followed at a slower rate, looking amused.
"Hey buddy!" Davis began. Kari looked angry.
"His name's not buddy, it's TK." She told him sternly.
"Alright, whatever, TJ or DK or whatever your name is! How do you know Kari?!" All three of them stared at him for a minute, Tara looking like she was going to burst out laughing at any minute.
"How do I know her?" TK repeated, "I get it! You're jealous of me!" Emi laughed.
"Omigosh! He totally is!" She placed an elbow on Kari's shoulder and leaned in consipiratoraly, "You never told me you had a boyfriend." Kari sighed. Davis blew up.
"Ergh! I'm not jealous of anybody!" Tara looked like she was about to comment, but was interrupted by Yolei thundering into the room with a letter.
"Hey!" She called, panting.
"Hey! It's Yolei!" TK smiled.
"Thank you, Sir Pointsouttheobviousalot," Emi said, rolling her eyes. Yolei walked up to Kari.
"You're Kari Kamia, right?"
"That's me. Why do you ask?"
"Well, are you related to Tai? He sent you a letter. He said the Digiworld is in danger." Kari's eyes scanned the paper and then she looked up at TK and Emi.
"My brother needs us." She told them. Emi grinned.
"Ya-hoo! I haven't been to the Digital World in ages!" They took off, racing to the computer room, but were intercepted by a short, red-haired boy.
"Izzy!" Emi smiled, tackling him to the ground with a hug.
"Hi, Emi," Izzy laughed, pushing the girl off. He stood up and straigtened his tie.
"Yolei, I'm glad I found you," He said, addressing the taller girl, "I need to use the computer room right away." Yolei gasped.
"You mean the legendary former-computer club president is actually looking for me? I'm so flattered."
"Don't hold your breath," Emi muttered, folding her arms across her chest.
"What's up, Izzy?" TK asked, polite as always. Kari stepped forward.
"Tai sent us an urgent e-mail."
"Yeah, I know," Izzy said, "I got one, too."
"Well, what are we waiting for?" Emi asked, standing up, "We've got a world to save, shouldn't we be in more of a hurry?"
******

Izzy was sitting at a computer while Davis, Tara, Kari, TK, Emi, and Yolei watched. He continued his story.
"Unfortunately, right after I got Tai's message, my batteries went dead. I knew I should have recharged it last night!"
******

"On our way, Tai.
TK, Emi, and Kari are with me."
"It's from Izzy!" Tai called to Azukia as his communicator recieved the message, He's got TK, Emi, and Kari with him!". Azukai breathed a sigh of relief.
"That's good."
"Tai! Azukia!" Augumon called, "Come here, quick!"
******

"What's the Digital World? Is that a new amusement park?" Yolei asked, smiling. Emi glared at her.
"That's not something you need to know," She answered, leaning over Izzy's chair to watch him connected the computer. Yolei ignored her.
"I bet they have some great rides." TK and Kari looked uncomfortable.
"I heard about it from Tai once," Davis said, scratching his chin, "He said there were a lot of "digimon" there. Whatever they are." Kari looked at him.
"You know Tai?" TK asked.
"They used to play on the same soccor team," Kari explained.
"Hey guys!" Yolei interrupted, "I've got an idea. Let's all go to the Digital World."
"Yolei," Cody's voice suddenly came from the door, "Aren't you coming over? Remember you were going to fix my computer."
"Oh, sorry!" Yolei apologized, "I forgot." Ashi wandered into the room and settled herself on the chair next to Izzy.
"Since Tai and Azukai are there," Izzy told no one, "the gate must be open." Ashi cocked her head and looked on with interest.
******

"Look at that!" Augumon said, pointing towards a round object on a stone. It was red with a flame pattern and had a large, silver horn protruding from it with the symbol of courage on it.
"That's your crest's symbol, Tai." Azukia said once she saw the sun engraved on the object. Tai best down on his knees to look at it.
"You're right. That's weird." He said, standing up. The five Digimon looked on, just as confused about it as the two humans, "Is it an egg?"
"I've never seen an egg with a spike in it," Augumon pointed out.
"Yeah, it would have cracked," Nekomon agreed.
"It must have been some chicken that layed that," Gatomon said, staring on with wonder.
"Let's take a look at this thing," Tai said, reaching down to grab it. Fire erupted from the egg, filling the cavern with light. Tai and Azukia squinted in the sudden glare. The egg didn't budge, but as the light faded, five glowing objects could be seen hovering over the egg.
"They look like fireflies," Tai said, mouth agape. The objects suddenly shot upwards, leaving the cavern, "...Really FAST fireflies."
******

Cody and Yolei had left the computer lab. Yolei was slightly put out over missing out on whatever the Digital World was. Cody looked up at her crest-fallen face and sighed.
"You did promise, you know." He told her.
"I know..." Yolei sighed.
******

"We're going back to the Digital World!" Izzy exclaimed, "Prodigous!"
"I'm going with you!" Davis proclaimed.
"If that idiots is going, I'm going, too." Tara said, "Someone needs to make sure he doesn't kill himself."
"That's impossible," TK said, looking worried.
"You can only get in with one of these," Emi told the boy, showing him her own digivice.
"Not just anybody can go," TK added.
"If you can go, so can I!" Davis said with force. As he said it, the computer began to make popping noises and the screen glowed. All seven kids in the room turned to look at it and suddenly multi-colored beams of light burst forth from the computer. Davis screamed as the blue laser flew into his hand. A light purple one did the same for Tara and Ashi, who had remained silent throughout the ordeal, found that a gold and blue light had fallen into her hands. The last two, red and yellow, went out the door and straight into Yolei and Cody's hands respectively. Davis stared at what the light was left and then looked up.
"Woah! What's this?" He asked, holding up a blue device.
"A Digivice!" TK awed.
"No way!" Tara said, looking excited, "I got one too!" Ashi still said nothing.
"It's a different model than the one we have," Kari stated, looking at her own.
"Makes ours look out of date by comparison," Emi said. Izzy shook it off first.
"We'd better get going while the gate to the Digital World is still open." Izzy said, looking behind him at the computer.
"Yeah...how long will it stay open for?" Tara asked.
"I don't know," Izzy replied.
"Be right back!" She said, headed out the door, "I've got to go show Cody and Yolei! Yolei is going to be so jealous!"
"I don't care how long we have," Kari said, taking a step forward, "I'm going now."
"Hey, can I get Donkey Madness on this thing?" Davis asked. Izzy gave him a look.
"It's not a game. If the Digital World sent you a digivice, then there's a reason. You have to take it seriously."
"I'm not waiting any longer," Kari said, holding her digivice to the screen.
"I'm with you," Emi said, doing the same. The computer screen glowed even more than before and suddenly Davis, Ashi, TK, Emi, and Kari found themselves being sucked inside the computer. Izzy lifted his own digive to the screen when suddenly:
"Whoah! What's going on in here!" Yolei skidded into the frame of the doorway, followed closely by Cody and Tara.
"Ah! What? Nothhing!" Izzy said, flailing to hide his digivice from prying eyes. He laughed nervously.
"Izzy, what was that light?" Yolei asked, coming closer. Tara looked around the room.
"The computer must need a new screen saver."
"Hey...where'd everybody else go?"
"Everybody else? What are you talking about?" Izzy asked.
*******

"Whoah, my first time being downloaded," Davis said, looking around with a look of awe on his face, "Pretty cool. This is the Digital World, huh?" Ashi looked around as well, marveling, but still didn't say anything. She still didn't feel comfortable around the new kids and it would take a lot more than a new world to get her to that point. Davis looked down and gave a start, "Whoah, this place comes with new clothes." Davis was now wearing a flame colored jacket. Ashi looked down to find her own clothes changed into a light blue shirt, yellow vest, and yellow sneakers. Panicing, she grabbed the top of her head and was relieved to find her ski hat still in its place.
******

"Well, well, well," the Digimon Emperor mused, watching the children come to the Digital World, "it looks like I have some vistors in my garden. And they weren't even on the guest list."
******

Kari was holding her digivice out in front of her and leading the way. TK was right behind her with Emi beside him; Ashi and Davis were following, still looking around excitedly.
"It's over this way," She said.
"This place doesn't seem so scary, does it Ashi?" Davis asked. Ashi shook her head, "The way Tai put it, there were monsters everywhere." He suddenly spotted a vending machine, "Hey you guys, check it out! There's a vending machine. I am a little thirsty." Davis walked towards it, only to see several slug-like digimon shoot out the hole in it. Davis shouted as he was stampeded by the slimey creatures, causing Emi, TK, Kari, and Ashi to turn to look at him. TK and Emi laughed, Kari and Ashi joining in.
"Ha ha, very funny," Davis said as he stood up. They went on their way again, "So, were those things Digimon?"
"Yup, and there's tons of other ones, too," Kari told him, "And a lot of them are much cuter than those."
"And a lot scarier," TK said.
"And a lot meaner," Emi added.
"Do they all come out of vending machines?" Davis asked. Emi rolled her eyes.
"Yes, Davis. All Digimon are actually a type of snack food,"
******

"They should be this way," Tai said, pointing in a direction. All five digimon, plus Azukia, were following his lead,"...There!" The five others were spotted somewhere down the road.
"TK!" Patamon exclaimed, rushing ahead of the group to greet his partner.
"Patamon," TK cried, embracing the digimon, "Boy am I glad to see you!" Ashi looked on with interest while Davis spazzed out. At that moment, Tai and Azukia came around the bend.
"Hi guys!" Tai said.
"We're so glad you could make it!" Azukia said. Davis walked around Emi, TK, and Kari.
"Tai!" He said, holding his arms out, "I told those guys you'd be all right!" Tai looked dumbstruck.
"D-Davis? What are you doing here?"
"Kari!" Gatomon said, leaping into Kari's arms.
"Coronamon!" Emi called, rushing forward to hug her own digimon.
"Gatomon," Kari said with a smile that disappeared as she looked at Gatomon's tail, "Your tail rings! Tell me what happened!" Gatomon quickly relayed her story of being attacked by a rogue Unimon as the group walked back to the cave.
"I missed you so much, Coronamon," Emi said.
"Same here," The lion said, "Me and Patamon got attacked by a Scimon!"
"One day this awful human came to the Digital World nad began making digimon into his slaves," Gatomon explained, "He said 'I am the Digimon Emperor.' I heard we're all going to have to punch a time clock, too."
"Another human?" TK asked, "You mean somebody comes here besides us?
"They must be letting everyone in these days," Emi said.
"There goes the neighborhood," TK agreed.
"Yeah," Gatomon nodded, "And he's got this strange new dark digivice that make us unable to digivolve." TK looked at Davis.
"Show her yours," He told him. Davis gave him a questioning look and then pulled out his blue digivice.
"Like this one?" He asked, turning to Gatomon. Gatomon pointed at him.
"That's it! You work for the Digimon Emperor!"
"What? I don't work for anybody!" Davis protested, "Besides, mine's not dark! I just got this thing when it came out of the computer. Ashi's got one, too." He looked pointedly at Ashi. The girl relunctanly pulled out her own, "See? We can't ALL work for the Digimon Emperor. I didn't even know he existed until you mentioned him."
"So that's what came out of the egg when you picked it up," Azukia mused, "Five new digivices,"
"Let's just hope they aren't all total noobs," Emi said.

(The rest will be finished in..."Enter Flamedramon...PART TWO!)

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment