Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Enter Flamedramon, Enter Mikarimon (Pt.2)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 2 - Enter Flamedramon, Enter Mikarimon (Pt.2)

Chapter 2 - Enter Flamedramon, Enter Mikarimon (Pt.2)
"But why did Davis get one? What's his purpose in the Digital World? And more importantly, who got the other four digivices?" Tai asked her. Azukia shrugged.
******

"Where did everyone disappear to, Izzy?" Yolei demanded, leaning towards the older boy.
"I-I told you already, Yolei, they went home!" Izzy stammered, trying to silently communicate to Tara not to give it away. Yolei, however, wasn't buying it.
"I'm not letting you off the hook that easy," Yolei said, folding her arms across her chest, "I know you're hiding something Izzy. Now WHAT is the Digital World and what exactly are Digimon?" Tara surpressed her laughter at the Izzy's expression of discomfort.
"I don't know what you're talking about!" Izzy said frantically. Yolei gave him a deadpan stare and then went for something in her pocket.
"Then what do you call this?" She asked, holding up a red digivice, "Don't try telling me it's nothing; Tara already showed me hers and Cody got one, too."
"Huh? Where'd you get that?" Izzy asked, looking startled.
******

"No, Yolei's not coming over," Cody was telling his mother over the telephone, "We have to stay after school for computer club, but since you already made the brownines, I'll come home and pick them up first." His fist tightened over the yellow digivice.
******

"The Dark Digivice is draining our power and making us all weak as new born kittens," Gatomon complained, shaking.
"That's why you couldn't digivolve," Tai said, looking at Augumon with sudden revelation. Augumon looked at Nekomon and folded his arms across his chest.
"Yeah, if I could Digivolve, he wouldn't stand a chance."
"It's also preventing me from using my psycic power," Nekomon said, gesturing towards the red stone on her forehead.
"The Digimon Emperor," Gatomon told Davis, Ashi, and TK, "uses these dark rings to control the digimon."
"Yeah, that's right," Patamon chimed in, "And once the ring captures you, you're his slave for life."
"The callers do everything but get rid of flees," Gatomon joked weakly.
"Stupid Digimon Emperor!" Kari burst out, "I'm gonna slap a dark ring on him!"
******

The Digimon Emperor laughed.
"Oh, you think so, do you?" He asked Kari's face on the monitor, "Well, this is just a game anyway. And I'm afraid if you can't play by my rules, I'll have to disqualify you." He lifted a finger and a square of red boxes appeared, "Hm, who will I have destroy you all?" He mused, "Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Mon." A black tri-ceratops like creature with a dark ring around his middle appeared on one of the screens. "Attack, Monochromon!"
A series of lights flew down a dark corridor lined with cages. Hundreds of pairs of red eyes lit up the darkness. Finally, the lights stopped at a cage holding the same digimon on screen. With a squeak of bolts, the Monochromon was let loose from its prison.
******

"Looks like a deflated beach ball." TK commented after they were shown the Digi-Egg laying on the rock.
"Well, it DOES have a spike through it," Emi said, bending down to get a closer look.
"Yeah, plus it's heavier than my mom's meatloaf," Tai said, hands on his hips.
"Both Tai and I tried to lift it," Azukia said, "It was a no go." Without a word, TK walked up the small incline the egg was sitting on and bent down to pick it up. He grunted a few times, but to no avail.
"It won't budge!" He said. Kari sighed and walked up.
"Move aside, this is a woman's job." She, too, tried to lift the egg.
"Too bad we don't have a woman here to help," TK teased. Emi elbowed him.
"Let me try." Emi wrapped her hands around the egg and pulled as hard she she could, but she couldn't lift it from its place either.
"Guys, I pump iron all the time!" Davis exclaimed, "Let me do it." He rolled up his sleeves and rushed to where the rest of them were standing. He braced himself and slowly went for the egg. He strained and then gave a pull. The Digi-Egg easily popped out of place, causing Davis to fall on his rear. "What I tell you? Light as a feather." Everyone stared, mouth agape, "You guys need to work out a little more."
"There's a problem," Tai warned, as magma began to spew out the hole left by the egg. Davis gasped and looked up. Suddenly a shape appeared in the hot red liquid. It become clearer and clearer until a blue digimon could be seen. One eye popped open, then another, and then the digimon leapt at Davis with a huge grin on its face.
"Free at last! Free at last!" It chanted, hoping in circles around a startled Davis. Augumon and Tai exchanged confused looks, "You moved the Digi-Egg of Courage!" The little digimon lifted a claw up to Davis, "My name's Veemon, but you can just call me Veemon." Davis stared.
"Hi, I'm Davis." He said.
"I've heard of Veemon before!" Nekomon said with a grin. Augumon nodded.
"Supposedly he's a fun-loving, adventure-seeking little digimon that brings good luck!"
"But I thought they were just a myth," Coronamon said, looking at the pair of digimon.
"Nope, I'm real alright," Veemon said, still looking at Davis, "And I've been waitin' a very long time to meet ya Davis."
"Uh, I think you've got the wrong guy," Davis said.
"Nope, you're the one alright, becuase you're the only one who could move the Digi-Egg of Courage."
"That's right," Tai murmered to Azukia, "Even though I had the Crest of Courage, I couldn't move the Digi-Egg, but Davis could."
"Hey, there's another Digi-Egg over here," Emi called, pointing towards the rock wall of the cave. The group walked over and stared at the pale gold egg that was glittering in the half-light of the cave.
"I don't recognize that symbol," TK said, squinting at it.
"Either do I," Kari confirmed.
"That," Veemon said with an air of importance, "Is the Digi-Egg of Innocence."
"Innocence?" Azukia repeated, "I don't think we've ever had anyone with the Crest of Innocence."
"Let's see," Emi said, ticking the crests off her fingers, "Light, Hope, Compassion, Friendship, Courage, Harmony, Love, Serenity, Reliablity, and Knowlege."
"Nope," Azukia agreed, "No Innocence."
"Well, maybe it's Ashi's," Davis said, looking pointedly at the girl, "She has a Digi-Vice, too." Ashi's hazel eyes widened and looked at the egg in the wall before she quickly shut them and shook her head.
"What's the matter?" Veemon asked, walking to stand next to the girl, "Don't ya want a Digimon?" Ashi nodded, "Well, what are ya waitin' for?" He asked. Ashi opened her eyes and looked more determined. She slowly walked foward towards the hole in the wall. Arms shaking, she reached forward and grabbed the egg. It came out easily and bright pink light exploded from the hole left behind. Ashi toppled over and fell to the ground, still clutching the Digi-Egg.
"Ya-hoo!" A voice came from the hole, "Thank goodness! It was getting cramped in there." Suddenly, a white dog with huge pink, feathery wings soared out of the hole. It's blue eyes fell to Ashi and it immediatly dropped to the ground in front of her.
"You're the one!" The digimon exclaimed, "You're the only one who could move the Digi-Egg of Innocence. That means you and I are paired together. Please to meet you. I am Rikumon."
"Wow, a Rikumon," Coronamon said, eyes widening, "They're really rare. They are known throughout the Digital World for their beauty."
"Riku...mon?" Ashi asked, speaking for the first time.
"I've been waiting a long time to meet you." Rikumon said. Rikumon really was beautiful. Her snout was pink, as well as it's belly, and she had a flower-like pattern over one of her eyes.
"I'm Ashi," Ashi told her partner, reaching out one hand. Rikumon bent down her head and whipped her flame-tipped tail around her frame happily to allow Ashi to pet her, "You're very soft. And you really are pretty." Ashi said.
"Don't think that means I can't fight," Rikumon said, "I'm legendary for my fighting skills, too." Suddenly the whole cavern shook and everyone pitched forward.
"What's that, an earthquake?" Davis asked, looking wildly around.
"No, look up there," TK shouted, pointing straight to the top of the cave. The Monochromon had made it and was gouging a huge hole in an attempt to get the kids at the bottom.
"It's a monster!" Davis screamed. Rikumon leapt in front of Ashi, teeth barred.
"No, that's a Digimon!" Kari shouted over the loud sounds of falling rock.
"A Monochromon!" TK added. The Monochromon growled and plunged into the cave.
"Boom Bubble!" Patamon attacked.
"Pepper Breath!" Augumon said.
"Psychic Blast!" Nekomon said, shooting a rainbow beam towards the attacker. But everything glanced off the Monochromon's diamond hard shell.
"Volcanic Strike!" Monochromon called, a fire ball blasting from his mouth.
"Come on, let's go!" TK shouted and ran the other direction. Ashi, Kari, Azukia and Tai followed. Tai turned around.
"Davis!" Davis screamed and ran after them just as the fireball came for him.
"Davis, hurry up and open the Digi-Egg!" Veemon said. Davis panted and looked at him.
"I don't know what you're talking about!" The Monochromon was in hot pursuit, still flinging fire balls at the fleeing teenagers. Finally, Veemon and Davis got out of the cave, only to find themselves looking over a cliff with the Monochromon right behind them.
"Davis, get down here!" Tai shouted from below. Monochromon sent another attack towards Davis' turned back. Veemon tackled him, and the pair fell to the ground below the cliff. The fire ball sailed forward and Kari and Emi ducked as it came their way.
"Are you okay?" Veemon asked, standing over Davis.
"Everything but my earlobes," Davis groaned.
"You own the Digi-Egg of Courage! You've got to use your courage to open it up!" Tai came running up to them with Azukia right behind him.
"Davis, get up, it's not safe!" He called. Davis sat up.
"I can digi-volve if you open the egg," Veemon said, "But you have to have courage to do it."
"It worth a try." Tai said. TK and Patamon rushed up to them.
"We've got to get out of here!" He said, pointing at Kari.
"Kari?" Gatomon asked.
"I can't move my ankle," Kari said, wincing in pain.
"Kari is injured!" Emi called to them, kneeling next to the girl.
"Is there anything I can do to help?" Ashi asked. Rikumon looked at her.
"You need to open the Digi-Egg of Innocence so I can digivolve!" Rikumon said. Ashi looked at her.
"How am I supposed to use Innocence, though?" She asked, "That doesn't sound possible."
"We're sitting ducks here," Tai said. At that moment, Monochromon sailed into the clearing and straight towards the three girls. All three, plus Tai, gasped.
"Davis!" Veemon cried desperatly.
"Ashi!" Rikumon said, looking up at her.
"Have courage," Tai told Davis.
"Kari's in trouble!" Davis said. Ashi looked around and decided panicing would not help. Focusing inside herself like Cody had taught her, Ashi tried to find her innocence. She opened her eyes, held out her digivice and said:
"Digi-Armor Ener-gize!" Davis clutched his Digi-Egg harder then ever and then stood up, whipping his goggles off of his head.
"You want courage? I'll show you courage! Digi-Armor Energize!" He held up the egg, which exploded with red light.
"Veemon Armor-Digivolve to...Flamedramon, the Fire of Courage!"
"Rikumon Armon-Digivolve to...Mikarimon, the Warrior of Innocence!"
Veemon was replaced by a tall blue creature with flame-like armor on different parts of his body and Rikumon was replaced with femine human form wearing blue and pink armor and weilding an enormous shield and sword. Mikarimon slashed at the Monochromon with her sword, causing it to go flying. Flamedramon landed next to her.
"Armor Digivolve?" Tai asked.
******

"Armor Digivolve, huh?" The Digimon Emperor asked, folding his fingers together and leaning forward, "Against the power of my Dark Digivice, they shouldn't be able to Digivolve at all. They're more resourceful than I thought."
******

The Monochromon raced towards the defending digimon. Flamedramon easily stopped it in its tracks. He threw it behind him towards Mikarimon and nodded at the warrior. She slung at it with her shield and sent it flying into the trees where a loud crash told them it had fallen to the ground.
"Volcanic Strike" It said, hurtling even more fireballs towards them. Flamedramon merely ran forward, extingushing each one with the armor on its wrists. Growling, the Monochromon headbutted Flamedramon who was lifted upwards into the sky. He flipped over and becoming covered in flames.
"Rocket Blaze!" Flamedramon shuttled downward towards the Monochromon.
"Barbacue that Dark Ring, Flamedramon!" Gatomon cheered. Flamedramon hit at the precise point and the ring shattered.
Flamedramon landed behind it and shook hands with Mikarimon. Then both were enveloped in light that shot towards their partner's digivices, which lit up and caused a communicator like Izzy and Tai's to form in the pockets of their jackets. Both Digimon shrunk back to their original forms.
"That's a good Monochromon," Kari said as she and Emi stroked the now exhausted dinosaur.
******

A green, catapiller-like digimon slunk into the Digimon Emperor's look out.
"You called me, oh evil emperor?"
"I believe we've found ourselves a worthy foe at last." The boy told the digimon.
"Great, just one question...what's a foe?"
******

Kari, Emi, and Ashi waved after the departing Monochromon.
"Bye Monochromon! Don't forget to write!"
"I can't believe the Digimon Emperor can turn such a nice digimon into such a nasty creature," TK said.
"Nice workin' with ya Davis, let's do it again some time," Veemon was saying as she shook Davis' hand.
"Great!" Davis said.
"That was amazing, Ashi!" Rikumon said, flying in circles over Ashi's head, "With you, I'm powerful than ever."
"Hey guys," Tai said, walking over to Davis and Veemon, "That armor digivolving was pretty cool."
"Yeah," Augumon agreed, "Even though we can't digivolve, I know you guys will be able to defeat the Digimon Emperor with no problem."
"And we'll always be there to help," Nekomon said. Azukia nodded.
"Yeah, leave it to me," Veemon said. Tai's face grew serious.
"Davis, I thought you were really brave back there in that battle," He began, "But I noticed you broke your goggles. And as we all know, the leader of the Digi-Destined wouldn't look right without them. So here. I want you to have mine." Tai took his own goggles off and handed them to Davis.
"Wow," Davis said, putting them on and blinking.
"They look real cute," Kari said with a smile. Davis blushed and grinned.
"Good, the sun's going down. Now we can relax." Patamon said.
"Why's that?" TK asked.
"The Digimon Emperor never appears at night," He explained.
"Exuse me, Tai, but it is getting late," Augumon said, "Shouldn't you be taking Azukia home?"
"Yeah, but I'm not sure if we can even get home," Tai said, looking worried. He turned his head to speak to Ashi and Davis, "Be careful. Never stay too long." Just then, the voices of Yolei, Izzy, Tara, and Cody came from a little ways off.
"Now that Cody's here can we go to the Digital World?" Yolei asked.
"It's too dangerous," Izzy answered.
"But at least I got the brownies," Cody said. Walking towards the voice, the group found a TV set laying on the ground with a picture of the four others eating brownies on it.
"These are the best things I've ever tasted," Izzy said, chewing happily. Yolei looked at the screen.
"What does it mean when the light on that goes on?"
"What thing?" Izzy asked.
"That thing on the computer," Tara said, pointing, "We just saw the light go on." Yolei looked again and screamed. The group in the Digital World could be seen on a small square in the screen. Davis' face filled up the whole screen.
"Hey guys, let me in, it's Davis!" A light came out of the screen and suddenly the entire group had landed in a heap on top of the other four.
"Hey, get off, you're squishing my brownines!" Izzy's muffled shout came from the bottom of the pile.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment