Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Digi-Team Complete? (Pt.1)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 3 - The Digi-Team Complete? (Pt.1)

Chapter 3 - The Digi-Team Complete? (Pt.1)
"Where are we?" Tai groaned, seeming not to notice he was on top of a pile of other students.
"This the computer room," TK said.
"Hey, when you guys came through the computer, where did you guys come from?" Cody, the only one remaining standing, asked.
"Where?" Davis repeated. He stood up and clenched both fists in front of him, "The Digital World, of course. That place is the coolest ever!" Davis launched into story mode, "There we were when a dinosaur-like digimon attacked, and that's when I jumped into action."
"Enough," Yolei snapped, "Let's go back." Cody, meanwhile, was staring at Ashi, who was still on the floor.
"Are you okay, Ashi?" He asked, pulling her up. Ashi nodded.
"It was really cool, Cody. I wish you could have been there."
"I think we've had enough excitement for one day," Cody told Yolei.
"Aw, man!" Tara said, slapping her forehead, "I was RIGHT THERE! If I hadn't gone to find you guys, I'd have already been!"
"Don't you want to go to the Digital World, Cody?" Yolei asked.
"'Course, seeing all those monsters and stuff would be fun, but today is macaroni and cheese night and I don't want to miss out."
"That's right," Tai groaned, "It's pork suprise at my house."
"Stuffed peppers and a salad," Izzy said.
"TV dinners in the microwave," The twins chorused.
"No fair, I wanna go!" Yolei whined. Emi glared at her and shook her head.
"Let's hope whoever gives out digivices knows what they were doing when they recruited this whiner." Azukia laughed.
"Soooo...are you coming to dinner, Azukia?" Tai asked, looking hopefull. She grinned and nodded.
"As long as you'll have me, I'll be there." Tai smiled.
"Great!" The group walked out the door.
"But wheeeeen?" Yolei whined some more. Izzy turned back and walked back into the classroom.
"Whoops, almost forgot to turn off the computer," He said. He paused at the screen, "The gate's closed..."
******

"You're leaving already Matt?" a boy called.
"We're not done with rehearsle yet," added another.
"Sorry guys, there's something I've got to take care of," A blonde boy answered.
"Dude, I thought you said your sister moved out." Matt turned to look at them.
"She did. What does that have to do with anything?"
"Nothing, I guess I just assumed you were meeting her." Matt rolled his eyes and walked out the door.
******

The park was nearly dark when the old Digi-Destined gathered there. A orange-haired girl in a school uniform was perched on the jungle-gym, Kari leaning on a pole nearby. An older boy with glasses and long navy-blue hair was crouched on another web of poles not far away. Tai and Azukia were sharing a bench with Izzy on a bench next to theirs, and TK was standing up. Emi was too excited to sit still and was swinging on the swing set, the chains squeaking quietly as she moved back and forth.
"Here he comes," TK said, looking out for his older brother. Emi gasped and a smile lit up her face. She flew out of her swings, landing on both feet, and sprinted for Matt.
"Matt!" She squeled, hugging him and burying her face into his chest.
"Hey, kiddo," He replied, hugging her back, "I missed you."
"I missed you, too," She said, stepping back and looking slightly embarassed.
"Hey Matt," Tai said, waving.
"Hey guys. Sorry I'm late." Sora slid down the jungle-gym.
"It's been a long time," She said, "It's nice to be back."
******

Cody was standing on his balconey practicing his bushido. Ashi was sitting on the railing between it and the house, simply watching. Cody swung his stick in the air, staring into nothing.
"What's it really like, Ashi? To travel into the Digital World?" He asked, still not looking away from whatever it was he was staring at.
"It's amazing," She answered, looking up, "And there are wonderful digimon there. I have a digimon called Rikumon. She's beautiful."
"Wow,"
Yolei was inside fixing Cody's computer and still fuming over the fact that she had missed her chance to go to the Digital World.
"I don't care if they don't want me along, tomorrow I'm going to the Digital World."
"Yolei, are you staying for dinner?" Cody's mother asked, "It's mac and cheese."
"No, thank you. I need to be getting home."
******

Davis was laying on his bead, throwing a soccor ball up and down. He caught it once and looked at the ceiling. A vision of Veemon swam to the front of his eyes.
"Man, I just can't stop thinking about Veemon," He told himself.
******

Tara was laying in bed, trying to fall asleep. She twisted and turned and then flipped over. She saw her digivice laying on her bedside table and reached for it.
"Tomorrow for sure." She told herself out loud, "Tomorrow I won't miss out."
******

"Digi-Armor Energize, huh?" Matt asked, after everyone had explained the day's events to him.
"It's a form of digivolving I've never seen before," Tai said, deep in thought, "Somehow Davis' digimon was able to digivolve but Agumon and the others weren't." Matt looked at Azukia.
"Can Nekomon not see how to get around that?" He asked her. Azukia shook her head.
"She says whatever's going wrong is preventing her from using her psycic power."
"Wait, you mean Davis from the soccor club went to the Digital World?" Sora asked.
"That's right, and the kids from our apartment, Ashi, Cody, Tara, and Yolei, got new digivices, too." TK said.
"Well, if they've got digivices, that means they're the new Digi-Destined," Joe pointed out.
"That's just what I thought," Tai said.
"Just one question," Sora interjected, "If this Digimon Emperor is really hunting Digimon and making them his slaves, will Biyomon and the others be okay?" Everyone looked worried at the predicament their digital friends were in.
"I got an e-mail earlier from Mimi in America," Kari said, "She was asking the same question."
"I think we should just go there," Matt said, "And do things our way."
"We can't. I went back to check the computer and the gate was already closed." Izzy told him.
"That means...we can't help them?" Matt said, looking downcast. Izzy tried to cheer him up.
"I'm going first thing tomorrow to check the computer to see if the gate opens up again." Tai nodded in agreement.
"I'm going with you,"
"Me, too." Azukia said, "After all, I've got a promise to keep."
"Me three," Sora said.
"Mm-hm," Kari and TK agreed.
"Count me in," Emi said, looking excited.
"I can't," Joe said, "I've got an oral test of Laryngitus."
"Yeah, and my band's got a big concert coming up and we've go to practice."
"I'll make sure Gabumon is okay," Emi told him, "Don't worry about a thing."
"Don't worry guys, we'll handle it," Tai confirmed.
"Okay," said Matt, "But let us know if you need us."
******

The school bell rang, releasing the middleschoolers from their classroom drudgery. Izzy was already in the lab when they made it there.
"Just as I thought," he said, "It's still closed. I need to find a way to the Digital World."
"Izzy!" Yolei's voice came suddenly from behind him. Izzy looked up, "What are you doing here?" She, Cody, and Ashi walked into the room.
"Just trying to find some more information on what happened here yesterday."
"I couldn't sleep last night, I kept thinking about it. Izzy, will you take me with you to the Digital World?" Cody asked. Izzy looked back at the computer.
"I can't 'cause the gate's cl-" His sentence was interrupted as the computer made a noise as if something had gone back online, "Huh? Look, it's open." Kari, Tara, Davis, TK, and Emi came into the room.
"How's it going guys?" Davis asked, holding a hand up in hello. Sora, Azukia, and Tai showed up behind them.
"Hey everybody," Sora said in greeting.
******

Davis, Ashi, Cody, Yolei, and Tara stood in a circle and showed the older Digi-Destines their digivices. Blue, marble, yellow, red, and nettle green respectively, everyone stared, mouths agape, at the digivices.
"Those are the new digivices? How cool." Sora said.
"That's right, those are the ones released by the digi-egg when Tai touched it," Azukia said.
"Well, what are we standing around here for? I say we get going," Yolei said, looking to Davis for support.
"Hold it, I think I should give you a few pointers about the things you're about to see," Davis said. Emi snorted.
"Gimme a break, you've only been there once," Yolei said, "What do you know?"
"I think we should be prepared for a little danger." Cody said, looking up at them and then to Ashi. Izzy, meanwhile, had been going up and down the rows of computers.
"My suspicions have been confirmed. I just checked the other computers. None of them seem to be effected by this; the gate is only open on this one here." He sat back down in front of it, "And that's not all. The gate has never been opened two days in a row before."
"Then I say we get started," Davis said, "All ashore that's going ashore." The group nodded.
"Tai Kamia, is that you?" An adult voice came from the hallway. Tai started and sweatdropped, "We haven't seen you in awhile." Everyone turned to see a teacher with thick glasses in the door way.
"Mr. Fugiyama," Tai said.
"And Azukia, Sora, and Izzy are all here as well," Mr Fugiyama continued with a smile, "Didn't you all graduate?"
"Yeah we did and...what are you doing here?" Tai asked.
"I'm the new head of the computer club," He announced to the general surprise of the room.
"But what do you know about using computers?" Azukia asked.
"Not a single thing," Mr. Fugiyama answered. The high-schoolers groaned.
"I just remembered, there's something I've been meaning to talk to you about, Mr. Fugiyama. You got a minute? Ah, well I've been having problems adjusting to high school! It's the girls, heh. They're so much older, heh!" Tai said, pushing the older gentleman out the door with Azukia in quiet hysterics.
"Thanks Tai, we owe ya," Sora said.
"First his goggles and now this," Azukia laughed.
"All right, let's get going," Izzy told them. Everyone lifted up their digivices and were sucked into the Digital World.
******

"Is everyone okay?" Izzy asked as they reached the ground. Azukia smirked.
"Somebody forgot to callibrate it correctly," She sang. Izzy glared at her.
"Now is hardly the time for a computer-smarts competition," He told her strenly.
"I feel like I've just been through the rinse-cycle on the dishwasher," Davis complained.
"Wow..." Cody awed, "So this is the Digital World," he gasped, "I'm wearing different clothes." Cody was indeed wearing new clothing: a long tan shirt with a purple-ish outline and shorts the same shade of purple. Ashi walked up to him and grinned.
"Pretty cool, huh?" She asked. Cody nodded.
"I'm so jealous you came here without me!" He teased. Ashi blinked and then smiled abashedly back.
"Hey, I'm dressed like I'm part of the cool crowd," Yolei said, looking her brand new ensemle that included a bright-orange fabric helmet up and down, "
"I forgot the part about the new wardrobe," Davis said, hands on his hips.
"I love this helmet; it makes my glasses look smaller," Yolei enthused.
"I wonder if they have anything in a surfer style," Davis added.
"Wait until I tell my sisters I got free clothes!" Yolei agreed. Meanwhile, the group comprised of people already used to the Digital World looked on. Tara looked slightly depressed.
"What's wrong, Tara?" Ashi asked, looking concerned.
"I didn't get any new clothes," Tara told her. Ashi looked at her for a moment.
"Maybe that means your clothes are so awesome they couldn't give you anything better." Tara looked a bit happier.
"Maybe you're right," She chuckled.
"Kids today have no value," Sora said, "When I was their age, I showed a lot more respect when I got free things."
"You sound like a grandmother," Emi laughed, Kari and Azukia joining in.
"Sora, I hate to say this, but you're sounding just like my mom," Kari told her. The entire group had landed in a senic area full of grassy hills. Once the initial excitement over new clothes finished, they went on their way.
******

Meanwhile, the Digimon Emperor was watching again. He watched as Sora and Izzy began calling for their digimon. He chuckled out loud.
"I've been waiting for you," He told them, although they couldn't hear, "Now let the games begin. Scimon! Attack!"
******

"Veemon!" Davis called slowly, "Where are you? Veemon!"
"Davis!" Veemon's perky little voice came from the not-too-far-away distance. Davis grinned and laughed as his friend came into view, "Davis, I'm over here!"
"Veemon!" Davis cried as the little blue digimon ran up to him. The pair shook hands.
"Davis, I brought Patamon and his friends with me," Veemon turned to look behind him as Patamon's ears came into view, the rest of him following with Biomon, Tentamon, and the others in toe.
"Biomon!" Sora called.
"Gatsomon!" Azukia said, rushing to meet her second digimon.
"Tentamon!" Izzy cried. Tentamon came and clutched his companion's arms.
"Izzy, you're a sight for big green sore eyes." Sora and Biomon were hugging each other.
"I missed you, Sora."
"I missed you, too." Everyone was reunited and hugging, Yolei, Cody, and Tara looking slightly uncomfortable. But the happiness was interrupted as a giant shadow over took the meadow. A giant green bug with scythes for claws went straight for Sora.
"Sora, no!" TK and Azukia called together, jumping and pressing her to the ground as the Scimon barely missed her. The scimon turned for another attack.
"Spiral Twister!" Biyomon cried, shooting a green spiral from her beak.
"Boom bubble!" Patamon joined in.
"Super shoker!" Tentamon shot a bolt of electricity from his atennas.
"Physic blast!" Nekomon said, shooting a beam of rainbow light from her twitching ears. The Scimon easily dodged all of the attacks.
"Lightening claw!" Gatmon said, jumping towards the bug.
"CoronaKnuckle!" Coronamon said, punching with a fist incased in fire.
"Soulfull Kick!" Gatsomon said, aiming a kick towards the Scimon. Although the attacks hit, they didn't have any effect and it knocked all three of them to the ground with its metal claws.
"I'm sorry, but without my tail ring, I don't have enough power," Gatomon said. Nekomon rushed to her side.
"It's okay, none of us were able to do it either." She assured her friend.
"Don't worry about it," Veemon told the group, "I'll just armor digi-volve." He looked at Davis, "Get ready,"
******

"Not so fast," The Digimon Emperor said from his hide-out, "This is not a drill, Drimogimon."
******

The ground beneath Davis suddenly collapsed and the boy fell in, screaming. He managed to grap a rock on the way down, haulting his descent. A Drimogimon wearing a black ring growled from beneath him.
"Are you okay?" Veemon asked Davis from above.
******

Data ran up and down the screens in front of the Digimon Emperor.
"It's your turn Mogyamon."
******

A white, shaggy, big-foor like creature pushed through the trees towards the kids.
"Bone Boomarange!" It shouted, throwing a bone that hit Veemon and sent him hurtling into the hole after Davis, who caught him with his other hand before Veemon went sailing onto the digimon below's horn. They fell anyway, and the Drimogimon caught them in its claw and sank back into the shadows.
Yolei fell to her knees, "Oh my. They're gone. The ground just opened up and swallowed them."
"I want to go home now," Cody said, shivering. Even Tara looked a bit shellshocked.
"It's okay, guys." Ashi said, trying to comfort them, "We faced something yesterday and we got through unscathed."
"Yeah, but that was ONE digimon. Now we've got three." Emi pointed out.
"First we have to protect ourselves," Izzy said.
"What about Davis?" Cody asked, still staring after the boy. Patamon, Tentamon, and Biyomon were still attempting to defeat the Scimon.
"Davis will be fine; he's got Veemon. Our digimon are only at half-strength. We've got to get away." Sora told the boy.
"Oddly enough, Sora, I don't think that helped a lot," Emi said.
"Yeah, I'm sure your comment about the extra digimon helped a lot," Azukia said, "But now is not the time to argue." Sora tried to pull Yolei to her feet.
"I can't take this," Yolei said, her eyes filling up with tears, "I want to go home." She started to sob.
******

Davis woke up chained to a cliff.
"Great, musta been walkin' in my sleep again," He said, "But where am I?"
"You're just hanging out," Came a voice from above.
"Who are you?" Davis asked. The voice laughed.
"I'm your worst nightmare come to life," The Digimon Emperor said with a smirk, "Frankly I'm disappointed I was able to catch you so easily."
"Are you the Digimon Emperor?"
"Speaking."
"But you're a kid, just like me." The Digimon Emperor threw back his head and laughed.
"I'm nothing like you, because if I were, I'd be the one strapped to a cliff. Oh, which reminds me." He snapped his fingers and a panal of cliff across from Davis pulled away to reveal Veemon.
"Veemon!" Davis gasped.
"Davis! Nice view, isn't it?" Veemon asked.
"I haven't had time to look! Quick! Armor-Digivolve!"
"Um, just one problem," The Digimon Emperor said, holding up Davis' digivice and communicator, "Aren't you going to need these to Digivolve?"
******

The rest of the group was trudging through a thickly wooded forest, apparently having escaped the other two digimon.
"Hold up," Cody said as his, Ashi's, Yolei's, and Tara's digivices began to emit shrill beeping sounds, "This digivice you were nice enough to give me is starting to make noise."
"My Digivice is going off, too; I think something's near by." TK said his, Kari, and Emi's digivices began to beep as well.
"A building of some sort," Sora said, looking at her own Digivice.
"There are no building around here," Biyomon said, looking to Tentamon for support.
"Nope, just the temple," Tentamon said.
"Temple?" Sora asked.
"Yeah, but it's run down now," Biyomon told her.
"They couldn't get enough Bar Mitsvas or weddings," Tentamon added.
"Well, these are going off for something, and I don't think it's the cateerers." Sora said.
"Let's go take a look!" Azukia exclaimed.
******

The group was sweltering in the sun as they climbed the staircase up the temple. About half-way there, Yolei started to complain:
"Hasn't anyone ever heard of escalators?!" Emi growled; Yolei was beginning to get on her nerves.
"Look at it this way Yolei," Biyomon said, gesturing towards the final staircase with her pink wings, "Only a few more steps to go!" Several people sighed, a couple groaned, and they went on their way again.
At the top there were three stone pillars. The left one was carrying a golden digiegg, the right a silver one, and the middle had a digi-egg with an unrecognizable symbol.
"They look like Digi-eggs," Sora pointed out.
"Well, that would make since. We did do the Digi-Egg thing yesterday," Emi said.
"This must be what our digivices were responding to," Cody said with a smile.
"Look, that one has the Crest of Love on it," Sora said, pointing to the silver egg.
"And that one has the Crest of Knowlege," Izzy said, "I don't recognize the middle one." The two looked at each other, shrugged, and went to pull the eggs up. Although they grunted and strained, neither egg would move.
"It's just no use," Sora said.
"We'll never be able to move them," Izzy added.
"The same thing happened with Tai yesterday," Azukia said, "Although the egg had the Crest of Courage, he couldn't get it to move, but Davis could. Maybe that means that Sora's egg is Yolei's and Izzy's is Cody's. And since Ashi had a new sign on her egg yesterday, maybe the one in the middle is Tara's."
"Makes sense," Sora said, "Yolei, I think you should try this."
"And you, Cody." Izzy said.
"What? You want us to try it?" Yolei asked.
"Uh...okay," Cody said.
"Heck yes!" Tara cried, rushing forward before the other two could even move. When all three were in place, Tara counted down, "Three...two...one!" All three eggs slid easily from their places. Everyone except Emi gasped.
"They were able to lift them!" Kari said with an air of wonder.
"Just like Davis did yesterday!" TK concurred.
"And yet we're still surprised!" Emi said with a roll of her eyes. Just then, red light exploded from Yolei's pillar, purple light from Cody's, and green light from Tara's. A form appeared in each. In Yolei's red light, a hawk-like Digimon with feather on a band on his forehead looked around, spotted Yolei, and gave a delighted cry before flying towards her.
"It feels so good to get out from under that stuffy rock and spread my wings," It said. An armadillo-like Digimon appeared in Cody's light with a grin and jumped out of it.
"Why'd you wake me up?" It asked, "I was having such a wonderful dream!" A shape was also appearing in Tara's green light. A Digimon that had a scarf around its neck and appeared to have stitches for a nose appeared. It gave a dazzling grin and leapt from the pillar.
"Tara! I missed you! It's so good to see you again!" It cried.
"Greetings," The Hawk Digimon told Yolei, "I am Hawkmon. I've been waiting to make your aquaintance."
"Uh..." Yolei stammered, "You talking to me?"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment