Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - A New Digi-Tude (Pt.1)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 5 - A New Digi-Tude (Pt.1)

Chapter 5 - A New Digi-Tude (Pt.1)
The blue glow of a computer screen was all the lit a small dark apartment room. In front of the computer sat a boy with grey eyes and long, blue-black hair. He was typing diligently and talking to himself.
"Just a few more modifications...let's see..." the boy murmured. A pair of yellow sunglasses blipped onto the screen, "Perfect."
******

"The classroom is empty. I think it's safe to come out now," Patamon said from his perch atop a lighting fixture.
"Hold on, I'm still taking a spelling test," Gatomon said from her hiding place on top of the cabinet. She crouched down to listen as the six in-training digimon hidden next to the computer giggled, "Shh! I hear someone." Two sillohettes appeared a the door. Demiveemon sniffed.
"Smells like Davis," He said. Davis confirmed the fact as he walked through the door with TK, Emi, Tara, and Kari behind him.
"Are you saying I stink?" He asked, sounding affronted.
"It IS Davis!" Demiveemon said instead of answering the question. He leapt from his position and ran on his stubby little legs to his friend.
"Hey, Demiveemon! Did you guys have a good day at school?" He asked, hugging the small blue digimon as Sunmon, Oompamon, Chibimon, Rishumon, and (whatever Yolei's in-training Digimon is named) bounded towards the other kids.
"Hey, where's Yolei?" The pink ball-shaped bird asked.
"And Cody?" Oompa added.
"And Ashi? Where's Ashi?" Rishumon chimed in.
"Don't worry about it. They're all on their way over." Kari assured them.
"Ah, here comes someone now." Davis announced. Yolei skidded through the doorway.
"Sorry I'm late! I brought goodies from my family's convience store." She said, holding up a plastic bag full to bursting with food.
"Good idea," TK said, "In-Training Digimon are bottomless pits." As if to prove this point, Sunmon clamped his mouth around Emi's arm.
"Ah! Sunmon! What are you doing?" Emi asked, flailing her arm wilding in an attempt to get the digimon off.
"I'm hungry and I thought you'd taste good! Now hold still so I can see if I was right!" Sunmon mumbled through his mouthful of arm.
"If my family owned a convience store, I'd eat candy all day long until my teeth fell out." Davis said. Yolei put the bag on the ground all the digimon clustered around it. Seeing something else interesting to do, Sunmon stopped biting Emi and bounced over to look as well.
"It's not that glamorous." Yolei said, "I have to pay for everything I eat, even when I work there. But the job comes with a great pention plan."
"Huh?" Davis asked. Tara laughed.
"Be careful, Yolei. Using large words like "pention" confused Davis. And we don't have time to clean up his brain mess if it explods."
"What is it?" Oompamon asked.
"Can we eat it?" Yolei's digimon joined in.
"I wonder if the wrappers are edible." Chibimon mused.
"'Course you can eat it." Patamon said, stepping forwads and grasping a tube between his hooves, "Watch me."
"And no, you can't eat the wrappers." Nyamon said, walking in to the group suddenly.
"Hey guys," Azukia said, walking into the room, "Sorry I'm late."
"Hey Azukia," Everyone said. Patamon continued sucking on his tube of bean paste.
"Cannonball!" Oompamon said, startling the circled digimon by diving straight into the middle of the bag. Gatomon and Nyamon gave him the same look of disbelief and disgust, "DELICIOUS!" The small yellow ball began bouncing up and down very rapidly, "This is the best thing I've ever eaten in my whole life. The entire two days of it!"
"I agree," Demiveemon said, his mouth stained with chocolate. Yolei's digimon cautiously gripped a tube in his mouth and then gulped. His cheeks turned pink and then he flew into the air, flapping his wings wildly.
"It's hot! It's hot!" He screamed, "Owowowowowowww!" He turned around and headed back to the ground where he collided with DemiVeemon. The pair laughed. Sunmon and Chibimon shrugged and then grabbed food of their own, partaking it slightly more quietly then the other in-trainings.
"I hope my first litter doesn't act like this..." Gatomon said, the same look on her face.
"Tell me about it..." Nyamon said, her face a reflection of Gatomon's.
"Let's check to see if the gate's open." Davis said. Azukia nodded.
"I'm sure I'll be able to do it if it's not. I'm ten times better than Izzy at this sort of thing."
"It's open!" Yolei shouted, racing towards the computer. She switched on the computer and the gate appeared on the screen, "Perfecto!"
"Great! Let's go to the Digital World!" Davis said, taking a step forward.
"Wait a minute guys," Kari said, holding up her hand, "We can't leave yet. Ashi and Cody aren't here yet."
"Cody and Ashi? What's taking them so long?"
"They're still in the lunchroom," Yolei said, "Last time I checked, he was still chewing the same carrot fifty times. And Ashi refused to leave without him."
******

Cody was rolling a single baby tomato around on his plate with his fork.
"I'm so stuffed," He said, "I still have one more tomato to eat."
"You can do it Cody," Ashi cheered.
"You don't have to eat every bite, Cody," A rotund woman who was apparently his teacher said.
"You should never waste food unless it smells bad," Cody said. Ashi shook her head in agreement, "My father used to say that before he passed away." The teacher looked sympathetic.
"Oh...I see." Cody sliced the tomato with his fork and brought it up to his nose.
******

"Do they know we're waiting? They're holding us up." Davis said, staring at the doorway along with Emi.
"Cody's a good kid. I'm sure he's doing what he thinks is right," Emi said, "Eitehr way, we're stuck here without them."
"Let's watch some TV to pass the time," Yolei said.
"Great idea, Yolei," Tara said, walking up to the computer.
"Yeah, let's see what's on." Kari said. They all gathered around the computer. An anchorwoman in a green suit with a microphone stood in front of the camera.
"We intterupt this broadcast to bring you this latest story," She said. Davis blinked. The woman continued, "The results of a national computer contest were just announced and the winner was just announced. His name is Ken Ichichouji" A picture of a boy with long blue-black hair on the computer was shown. He turned around and looked at the camera.
"There were many deserving geniuses out there and I am humbled to think that the judges picked me to win the top prize," He said. Emi looked at him.
"We go right to the site of the contest with our field reporter, Jimmy Rivera," The woman said. The digimon continued gorging on Yolei's offering of food.
"Thanks Jackie," A man with a wavy brown mustache and glasses said, "Ken wowed the judges by creating a computer program that can actually brush your teeth for you. I hear he's now planning something with floss!" Cody and Ashi walked into the room. Cody picked Oompamon up with a laugh and Ashi kneeled down to quietly talk to Rishumon, "I can't wait. Back to you!"
"Ken's talents include being able to play one game of chess while everyone watches," The woman said, "Just last week, he balanced the world's largest checkbook. And that's not all! He's a champion in judo and a star on the all state soccor team." The screen flickered with pictures of Ken playing chess, smiling as people clapped at his checkbook, and scoring a goal against a much older, orange-clad oppnent, "And girls- he's single!" Emi gasped and then felt Azukia's eyes on her. She blushed and quickly turned back to the screen.
"Wow, he's almost as good as I am." Davis awed. Now a woman with short brown hair wearing a yellow trenchcoat was on, standing with an older couple.
"Now let's speak to Mr. and Mrs. Ichichouji," She said, "What's one of the best things about being the mother of one of the most intelligent children in the whole world?" She asked Ken's mother.
"Oh it's great! In the kitchen he invented dishes that clean themselves!"
"Like father like son; I once guessed how many jelly-beans were in a pickle jar." Ken's father said.
"I heard this kid is so smart that one time he gave his teachers homework." Cody said, announcing his presence suddenly. The group watching the computer turned to look at him.
"Cody? Azukia? When did you guys get here?" Kari asked.
"About a minute ago." Cody said matter-of-factly.
"Maybe Ken knows how to defeat the Digimon Emperor." TK said.
"I'm sure Emi would LOVE to volunteer for the job of requesting his help, wouldn't you, Emi?" Azukia said, nudging the younger girl with her elbow. Emi turned bright red.
"I don't know what you're talking about, Kia."
"Oh come on. It's always the smart guys with you." Azukia teased. She turned to TK, Kari, and Tara, "Remember when she was little and had huge crush on Izzy?"
"D-did not!" Emi stammered, turning redder.
"Oh yeah, I remember that." Tara laughed, "Guess you got over that."
"Aw, Emi's got a crush on Ken!" Azukia teased, ruffling Emi's hair. Emi said nothing. Yolei turned the computer off with humph.
"I know more about the Digimon World then that stupid kid." she said crossly.
"I don't think Emi's going to date you whether that's true or not." Tara snickered.
"He may be stupid, but he's still a genius." Davis said. Yolei sighed.
"Hey Kari?" Gatomon began, stepping forward. Kari turned to look at her.
"Yeah?"
"We're ready to go back to the Digital World now." Patamon said.
"All present and accounted for. Let's get going!" TK said.
"The gate to the Digital World is open!" Yolei announced.
"What are we waiting for?" Davis inquired.
"Yeah, enough of all this talk about geniuses." Yolei said.
"Next stop, the Digital World!" Davis declared, holding out his digivice.
******

Ken Ichichouji was walking serenly down the street, dressed in his usual grey outfit with his briefcase in his hand. His face was taken over by a smug smirk as he listened to the murmers all around him.
"Is that the boy who won the computer contest?"
"He's a genius, isn't he?"
"And cute to boot."
Ken paused as a puppy walked up and sniffed his shoe.
"Hm?" He looked down. He grimaced, "Beat it, you mangy little mutt. Or I'll call the pound." The dog whimpered and raced away with its tail between its legs.
******

"Oh Ken, you're home." Ken was greeted the moment he walked through the door to his house by his mother's voice. She was carrying a tray of food, "I have to go to work now, sweetie; I'll just leave your snack on the table. Oh, and I bought a new lable maker today." She bustled off to place the snack food on the table, "I just can't stop playing with it. I even labled the toilet." Ken didn't answer his mother and instead walked straight up to his room without a word. She sighed, "Ken sure spends a lot of time in his room..."
Ken closed the door behind him, retreating once more into the secluded darkness.
******

The Digimon Emperor stood on top of a tree observing a large, black pointed object in the distance. He raised his arm and cracked a whip, causing a red and purple rabbit-like digimon to flee from a bush nearby. He leapt from his tree, cloak billowing behind him, and landed calmly on the grass. The digimon moaned, staring at the boy in front of him.
"It's no use trying to hide from me!" The Digimon Emperor snapped as the digimon cowered in front of him, "Come out!" Instead, the digimon fleed, shouting for help, "Oo, a chase. Interesting." The Digimon Emperor placed his fingers to his mouth and whistled shrilly. An enormous green dinosaur-like digimon came to halt in front of him, its eyes gleamed red from its mind control, "Let's go. We have a little errand to run."
He boarded the dinosaur and went stomping after the frantic rabbit. When he got close enough, he whipped it again. The digimon fell to the ground, writhing in pain and still attempting to get away.
"It's not as fun if I catch you right away."
******

The Emperor took his captured pray to a large colliseum. Without any ceremony, he kicked into a stone pit in the center. A cluster of rock digimon gasped in horror as they watched.
"He caught another digimon," One said.
"They all change once they have those dark rings around them," Another added, "If he thinks he's going to catch us, he's got rocks in his head." The Digimon Emperor strolled by their hiding place, still smiling.
"We've gotta run!" One said desperatly.
"We can't abandoned our friend Elekmon." The second one told him. The Digimon Emperor sat in a throne suspended high above the building. Another Elekmon with a darkring on sprinted towards the cage holding the recently captured one. As he neared, the bars lifted and it ran inside. The two digimon came out, wrestling franctically, then seperated, staring at one another. The controlled one electricuted the other and fell to the ground, steaming. The rock digimon watched in horror.
"He's making them fight each other!"
"Digimon who are friends would never hurt each other if they weren't under his evil spell."
"He enjoys watching their agony."
"What a terrible person!" The Gotsumon kicked angrily at a plant. The Digimon Emperor saw and with a scowl, shot his whip towards them. The Gotsumon scattered. One ran off while the other two sat unmoving, as the Emperor walked towards them.
"You two are next." He told them. He placed dark rings around their next and watched as they headbutted and violently attacked eatch other. The one that got away sobbed, watching.
"How could they attack each other? They're best friends!" The Digimon Emperor simply watched and laughed.
"Master?" Wormon inquired, looking beseechingly up at the Emperor, "Is this really the kind of thing that makes you happy?"
******

The Digi-destined were once again in the forest. Patomon was hitching a ride on TKs head while Gatomon, Nekomon, and Coronamon were standing next to each other. Canimon, Veemon, Rikumon, and Armadillomon walked up to the group.
"Hey, you guys are back to normal." Cody observed.
"Yup." Veemon confirmed.
"We change back when we go back to the Digital World," Armadillomon explained in a drawl. Hawkmon landed beside them and gave a piece sign with his claws. Just then, everyone's digivice began to beep again.
"Hey, what's going on?" Kari asked.
"Another Digi-Egg," Cody said. Veemon strolled confidently forward.
"Where is it?" he asked. Cody looked up at Davis.
"The Digivice says it not far from here." He said.
"More Digi-eggs? We already have ours." Davis said.
"What are they for?" Yolei asked.
"We'll never know-unless we look for them." said Kari.
"Count me in! Another adventure!" Tara cried excitedly.
"I'll do anything you want Kari." Davis said. Emi rolled her eyes.
"You're wasting your time pining over her." Emi muttered so quietly no one heard, "TKs already got dibs."
******

The Digimon Emperor's solid black digivice began to beep as well. He growled and clenched it in on gloved fist.
"It's those kids again. I've had enough of them." He snarled. The fighting Gotsumon grunted in the background.
******

"Hey, it's getting pretty dark in these woods," Davis observed, "Here, Kari. Let me hold your hand so you don't get scared."
"I'm not scared." Kari told him in a strangled voice.
"And that's not her hand, it's MINE!" TK said in annoyance as Davis attempted to grap Kari's hand and wound up with his.
"Oh...sorry, TJ." Davis said. Kari glared at him.
"And that's not his name. It's TK!" Both Kari and Emi shouted the last part of the sentence.
"Whatever." Davis said, unimpressed. The Digivices started to beep again and Davis held his out in front of him like a compass, "I've got something. It's just up there ahead of us."
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Ashi screamed and Yolei shouted as a hologram of the Digimon Emperor appeared to the side of where they were walking. Davis, however, didn't realize that it was a hologram and went after it.
"I'll get you once and for all!" Davis shouted, attempting to punch the image. Instead, he went on through and fell face down in the grass.
"It's just an illusion! He's not really there!" TK said, to the astonishment of the others. Azukia gave him a look.
"Um...duh. He's see through. How many see through people do you know?"
"Who do you think you are, sneaking into the Digital World?" The hologram asked, "What do you think this is? A movie theater or something?" Instead of answering, the group turned to face each other in a sort of huddle.
"What's he talking about?" asked Cody.
"Ordinary children are not allowed in the Digital World," The Digimon Emperor said, "Only the Digi-Destined are." Davis, meanwhile, had stood up, shaking, and was holding his arm while he glared at the hologram in front of him. Everyone stared, dumbstruck, at what had just been said.
"Huh?" Everyone said collectively.
"We are the Digi-Destined, Wonder Boy!" Davis snapped.
"Wonder boy?" Tara repeated, looking amused, "Does that mean Davis is Batman?"
"You? The Digi-Destined? That's physically impossible." The Digimon Emperor scoffed, not even turning around to acknowledge Davis.
"I don't understand how this has anything to do with being "physically" impossible." Emi blinked, "What does any part of our phsyical bodies have to do with being a Digi-Destined?"
"Why is that impossible?" TK said.
"Yeah, why can't we be?" Kari asked.
"And why do YOU get to choose?" Ashi asked, folding her arms across her chest.
"It's simple. Based on the laws of physics, I have determined that only perfect human being can be Digi-Destined. And of course, I am the only perfect human being."
"Wait...what? How does ANY law of physics help you determine that one?" Emi asked, now riled up and annoyed about being told that she couldn't be a digi-destined for a completely stupid and un-proovable reason.
"Yeah, well what about Kari?!" Davis snapped, but the hologram fizzed away. Tara and Emi face-palmed. But they didn't have any time to berate Davis as the real Digimon Emperor, astride a dinosaur, crashed through the trees only seconds later.
"Oh no!" Davis shouted.
"You are intruders in a place that you don't belong. You are hereby required to evacuate the premisis without further notice." The Digimon Emperor said.
"Oh yeah?" Tara asked, cocking an eyebrow.
"The landlord told my mom the same thing." Davis said. Emi rolled her eyes.
"We have just as much right to be here as you!" TK yelled back, his arm thrown protectively in front of Kari.
"This world and everything in it belong to me; now all of you get out." The Emperor said, ignoring them.
"Try and make us!" Yolei cried.
"Yolei, don't." Ashi pleaded.
"Why must EVERYONE question my authority? Does it alway have to turn into a great production?" the Digimon Emperor muttered, "Get 'em Tyranomon."
"Blaze blast!" The Tyranomon said, fire licking the outside of his mouth. The Digi-Destined turned and ran, shouting. The fire exploded where they had been only moments before. Davis and Veemon turned on the spot, looking fierce.
"Is that all you got?" Davis inquired. The Digimon Emperor growled.
"Are you ready for me Davis?" Veemon asked.
"Yeah! Digi-Armor Ener-gize!"
"Veemon Armor Digivolve to...Flamedramon, the fire of courage!" The Digimon Emperor leapt to the ground and smirked.
"See? This is why I'm a genius and you're not. You keep using the same attacks against me, yet I always bring something new."
"I don't want to hear your babbleing, let's get to it." Davis said.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment