Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Iron Veggiemon (Pt.1)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 7 - Iron Veggiemon (Pt.1)

Chapter 7 - Iron Veggiemon (Pt.1)
"Pepper Breath!" Agumon's attack broke through the steel bars of a cage.
"Vee Headbutt!" Veemon headbutted them, causing the rest of them to crumble. He went inside and pushed the two Gotsumon inside forward, " Come on! Let's get a move on!" The Digidestines, minus Tara, Yolei, and Ashi, plus Azukia and Tai had come to the Digital World and were now in the middle of struggle to set the imprisoned digimon inside the collusium free. The group ran off with a large group of Gotsumon in tow.
"That...was...easy!" Davis exclaimed in between panting. They finally made it to the relative safety of the grass and the Gotsumon fell down, completely exhuasted.
"You guys are officially fugitives!" Agumon encouraged them. Coronamon folded his arms.
"And that's suppose to help how?"
"Hey, lay off," Nekomon said, punching Coronamon lightly in the arm. He winced and glared at her in a friendly manner.
"If that's the kind of fugative the Digimon Emperor is going to put up with, this fight will be over in the first round!" Davis said. TK, however, wasn't sure they were home free yet.
"Something was wrong." He told the group. Patamon leapt off of his hat and he caught him in his arms.
"What?"
"Well, the fact that it was so easy for us to break them out of that prison. I mean, there wasn't a single guard anywhere; it was like he wanted us to do it. I think he's up to something."
"You're crazy!" Davis said, "He took one look at our awesome skills and he hit the road. Isn't that right, Kari?"
"Um...actually Davis, I'm going to have to side with TK on this one." Azukia nodded.
"Yeah. Rule number one of the Digital World: if you think it was too easy, it probably was." She said. Davis sighed.
"This guy isn't going to let us go that easy without a reason." Kari continued. Tai placed his hand on his chin thoughtfully.
"We'll worry about it later. For now, let's get back to the real world. I'm starving." Tai said, "I can pratically smell the cafeteria from here."
"That's my peanutbutter-and-jellybean sandwhich I've had in my pocket since last week." Davis said. Emi made a face and Gatomon made a sound that suggested her deep disgust. But as the digimon turned around, she spotted a tall, thin obelisk-like structure in the distance.
"What's that tower?" she asked herself.
******

The Digimon Emperor was sitting on his chair and looking over a large map of the Digital World on one of the screen surrounding him. Wormon was sitting nearby, watching worriedly.
"The next one should be going up right about now." The Digimon Emperor said. A black dot replaced one of the white ones on the map, "There! Now to let everyone know who's the boss."
******

"This control spire is the most dominating object in the Digi-World. Wherever I build one, that area will be under my control and all those surrounding shall be my slaves." He was speaking to group of grey jackrabbit-like digimon. A line of vegetable-like digimon guards stood in front of him and in the group of rabbits, Gabumon could be spotted, "It's uselss to try and escape. Those who do will have to answer to my soldiers." Gabumon and the rabbits hung their head in submission.
******

The bell rang at the Digi-Destines school and the gang headed back to the computer room for another attempt at beating the Digimon Emperor. Once gathered there, Yolei sat at the computer and let out a screech. The early group had brought the group of Gotsumon back with them.
"Are you crazy?!" Izzy shouted at them, "What are you thinking, bringing the Gotsumon to the real world?"
"We didn't have a choice." Tai said, "We couldn't just leave them there for the Digimon Emperor to make into slaves, right?" He asked, turning to Azukia and Kari for support.
"Yup." They chorused, nodding.
"But how are we going to explain this if Mr. Fugiyama happens to come in here?" Yolei asked, now intently looking at the screen.
"Don't worry," Cody assured her, "I'll tell him I'm talking a sculpting class and these are some of my early masterpieces. Hit it boys!" Each of the Gotsumon in the room took different positions.
"...Rejects might be a better phrase..." Yolei muttered. Izzy walked over to the computer and bent over Yolei.
"Yolei, I have a favor to ask. Would it be all right if I borrowed your digivice?"
"But what for?" Yolei asked as she stood up.
"Well, it's obvious the power from your digivices open the gate to the Digital World. Our old Digivices don't seem to work."
"Izzys right." Tai chimed in, "I've tried mine, but no luck. The only way we can get into the Digital World is if one of you open the gate for us."
******

The Digimon Emperor's guards wailed as he shot a whip at them. He straightened.
"Let's move out, I've got an early tea time," The Digimon Emperor huffed. Gabumon watched as they picked up his throne and carried him out from the window of his cell.
"We're bustin' out tonight boys...oh, why wait? Everyone stay to the back of the cell!" He turned and let out a blue blaster attack that causeda piece of the wall to fall and hit one of the guards posted outside the prison. The escapees began sprinting for safety, but something hit Gabumon, causing him to fall backwards onto the jackrabbits, knocking the over like bowling pins.
"Apparently you don't listen to instructions very well," Whatever had hit him said.
"Who are you?" Gabumon asked.
"I'm the Digimon Words largest salad bar, Redveggiemon!"
"Try and stop us, stinky!"
"For trying to escape, you get to smell my roots! And I have root-rot!" He said, attacking Gabumon with his roots again and again, "Smell that! Smell it again!"
"That's disgusting. No more, please!" Gabumon begged.
"You kidding? I'm just getting warmed up." Redveggiemon blinked as Gabumon didn't move, "Hey, if you can't stand the smell, get out of the kitchen!" He shot him once more with his root and pushed Gabumon off a steep cliff. Gabumon fell, screaming, until he hit the water at the bottom. He had to struggle to keep above the waves.
"My fur is dry clean only!" He called as he sank.
"Let that be a lesson to all of you: don't try to defy the power of the Digimon Emperor!" Redveggiemon addressed the rest of the digimon.
******

Gabumon coughed up water as he was finally washed ashore. For several moments, all he did was gasp for breath. When he looked up, he spotted a television set.
"I've got to tell the others. They need to be warned." Gabumon wheezed. He began crawling towards it, "I have to find Matt." But before he could get any further, his exhaustion took over and he fell unconsious.
******

Matt stared at his reflection in the glass door. He had just finished a concert and found Emi and TK in desperate need of a meeting with him.
"Listen guys. Just because I happen to be in a rock band doesn't mean I can hide a bunch of digimon."
"Well, think about it. Maybe they could be your backup singers." TK pointed out.
"They sound too gravely."
"Maybe you could change to hard rock-genre?" Emi asked hopefully.
"I don't think so." Just then, a girl with short ruby hair pelted into the room.
"Omigosh!" She shrieked at Matt, holding out a pen, "Can I have your autograph?"
"Sure." Matt said, taking the pen. Emi and TK had to move quickly out of the way before the girl ran into them. The girl bent over to allow him access to her back, "What's your name?"
"Make it to June Motomia." She said. Emi and TK started.
"Did you just say Motomia?" TK asked, "You wouldn't happen to Davis' sister, would you?"
"Yeah, that's right. Who are you guys?" June asked, standing up since Matt was done.
"That's TK and Emi. They're my younger siblings." Matt explained.
"It's nice to meet you, June." TK said politely, "Your brother Davis and I are in the same class together."
"Same here." Emi said, "I'm on the soccor team with him, too." June ignored Emi and walked up to TK, clutching his arm.
"Will you sign my shirt, too? I get all the cute boys to sign it." She gave him the pen and bent over again, "You may not know it, but I haven't washed this shirt in two years." Emi stuck out her tongue and made a face. Matt saw and stifled his laughter.
"There's not a lot of room." TK observed.
"I know." June said, "I think all boys are cute." Matt turned towards the glass again and looked at his digivice. Red lights were flashing and it was making a dull beeping sound. Emi walked over to look over his shoulder.
"Something's wrong in the Digital World." He said.
"I just got an e-mail." TK said, "It's from Yolei." Emi took out her own computer and saw she had recieved one as well.

EMERGENCY!
Hurry back to school.
Yolei.



TK read it out loud and the two brothers look at each other.
"Emergency?" TK repeated.
"That's what the letter said." Emi said.
"I hope Gabumon's okay." Matt said. Without another word to June, the three of them ran off.
******

"Back off Davis. You're making me nervous." Yolei snapped.
"Can't you go any faster?" He snapped back. Azukia sighed, hand on her head. She was just about to do it herself when Yolei announced that the gate was open. Davis and the gang lifted their digivices and were off.
******

"Gabumon!" They had arrived on the island to find Gabumon still on the ground and unresponsive. When he heard them, he pushed himself to his hands and knees and looked up.
"Oh Matt." He said. Matt rushed to his partner's side.
"Gabumon are you okay?"
"Let's just say I'll never look at steamed vegetables the same way." Matt gave him a strange look.
"Okay, I want you to tell me everything that happened." He said.
"Good. We never talk anymore."
"Hey everybody," Yolei's face was on the TV screen. Apparently she was still in the real world, "I'm going over to Izzy's to get my digivice back and then I'll meet up with you there." She stood and walked off.
"Don't be worried will Yolei's gone. This place will be protected by Poromon." Poromon said.
"Great." Davis said, giving Poromon a thumbs up.
"Why do they call those things on the TV 'rabbit ears'?" Gatomon asked, "They should call them 'cat ears'. After all, when was the last time you saw a rabbit sleeping on top of a TV?"
"Never." Nekomon said with a laught.
"This is what you think about?" Kari asked. TK and Emi, along with their Digimon, were standing next to Gabumon as he relayed his story to Matt.
"Okay, break's over. Let's get back to work." Patamon said.
******

They were off again, Gabumon leading the way. He polked his head out of a sheaf of dense foilage and saw a village carved out of the moutain ahead.
"It's a small village called Santi Diago." He explained.
"Cool. Sounds like it's in California." Davis said. Emi and Tara shushed him and waited for Gabumon to continue his story.
"It's always been a quiet place; everyone minded their own business. And then the Digimon Emperor came along." Gatomon spotted another one of the black structures she had seen earlier.
"Look that's one of those things I saw while we were rescuing the Gotsumon." She said.
"The Emperor calls them control spires." Gabumon said.
"Let's go!" Davis said, beginning to walk off.
"Right behind you." Tara said as she and Canimon followed.
"Wait!" Matt cried, "We can't just rush in there. For all you know he's in there waiting for us and this whole thing is just some kind of ambush."
"All we have to do is Armor-Digivolve and blow them apart." Davis scoffed.
"Hey, remember what you told Cody yesterday?" Ashi told Davis and looking miffed, "About you being older and letting you sort it out? Well, Matt's older then you."
"So I suggest you shut your mouth." Emi said coldly.
"Anyway, it's not that simple." TK reprimanded him, "He could be using some of the hostage digimon as shields to protect himself."
"TK's right. We have to find a way to rescue the hostages and make sure none of them get hurt." Kari chimed in.
"I second the motion. And since I'm older, too, my vote counts twice." Azukia said. Tara and Davis groaned. Patamon, all the while, had been observing the prison from high up in a tree.
"It's being guarded by Veggiemon." He warned, "Watch out for the digi-sludge."
"Patamon, tell us everything you know about Redveggiemon." Matt said.
"Well, it looks like we're not needed around here." Davis muttered to Cody and Tara, "Let's go off and do things our way."
"I think we should all stick together." Cody said and juanted off to join the rest of the group. Only Tara remained with Davis. The rest of the group started walking off.
"Okay, I've got a plan." Matt said.
"Wait a minute!" Davis shouted after them, "It's too dangerous. We can't take the chance of any of us getting hurt, espically Kari. It's digi-sludge."
"It's no big deal." Kari said.
"Yeah, we've been attacked by far worse than that, right Kari?"
"Yeah!"
"Argh, I can't even believe you're not worried about Kari's well being, TA." Davis said.
"TA?" TK asked.
"It's TK, moron." Emi scoffed.
"He forgot how to spell TK!" Cody laughed. Emi, Azukia, Kari, and TK joined in.
******

They were now at the entrance to the prison. Before they could go any farther, however, they were stopped by the Veggiemon.
"Stop right there," The head guard comanded, "State your name and purpose." Gatomon helded up a paw.
"It's alright. We're with you." She assured them, "We just captured the Digimon and their friends." They were allowed through.
"What was with the paw waving? Were you trying to use the force?" Coronamon teased, only to get punched by Nekomon again.
"Quit being mean to people."
"I'm just teasing."
"Well, tease nicer." All the kids were tied together. The Digimon walked all around, wearing belts disguised as Dark Rings.
"Where are you taking us?" Cody wailed.
"I want my mom!" Ashi cried, playing her part.
"Pipe down. You're all going to jail where you belong." Armadillomon said.
"But I'm too young to go to jail!" Emi whined.
"Don't you guys have juvie?" Tara asked. The Veggiemon stayed behind, laughing mockingly.
"All right." Patamon said, coming to halt at the top of some stairs, "Those guys didn't even notice these were plastic."
"Don't start feeling too frisky yet," Gatomon warned, "The first set of guards were just flunkies. We haven't even faced the pick of the litter and if we get past them we still have to figure out a way to destroy the control spire."
"Ergh. Sounds like a lot of work." Coronamon groaned. The two female cats gave him looks, "I mean, in a good way?"
******

They were all tossed to the ground in a cell already full of jackrabbit-digimon.
"They've already brought the prisoners in. The Emperor will be pleased." One of the Veggimon outside gloated, "I was going to go after them after my guard duty, but I guess you beat us to the punch." He blanched as the Digimon took off their fake dark rings.
"By the way, speaking of punch...Lightening Claw!" Gatomon punched the Veggiemon in the face. He went sailing and hit his head on the bars. TK and Cody gave her identical peace signs. Soon, each of them had beaten a guard black and blue and released them.
Patamon flew ahead and turned a corner. He did a quick back pedal as the rest of them caught up.
"There are more guards." He whispered frantically.
"The exit is blocked." Veemon complained, "We'll never get out now."
"I'm tired of hiding any way. Let's fight." Davis said. Matt took him by the shoulder.
"Easy there, junior. You've got to learn that fighting isn't the only answer. It should only be your last resort."
"Let's go back this way," Gabumon suggested, "We'll come up near the control spire."
"Good idea." Patamon said, flying ahead again. They raced off again. Davis was left behind, angry.
"Why won't anyone listen to me?!" He shouted. He slowly followed them. Eventually they began walking up the moutain, Davis still sullenly trailing behind.
"Hey Davis, I forgot. We met your sister today." TK said.
"Yeah? So what?" Davis asked in an angry tone."
"So...nothing." TK said, sensing a fight was nearing.
"Probably had a lot of bad things to say about me, didn't she?"
"Well, actually-"
"I know. She said I bite my toenails and spit them on the floor? I used to suck my thumb until about a month ago? That I wet the bed every other Thursday? (That's laundry day so it's all right). She talks too much. When I see her, I'll teach her a lesson."
"Wow. I just learned more about Davis than I ever wanted to." Emi said.
"Scared for life." Tara agreed with a nod.
"Thanks for sharing but she didn't say any of that." Matt chastised Davis.
"Say what?" Davis asked.
"She didn't say anything bad about you. In fact, she didn't even mention you. You're the one with the big mouth."
"Big mouth? If you've got a problem why don't we settle this right now?" They got into fighting positions.
"Matt no!" TK and Emi cried, holding him back while Azukia did the same thing to Davis.
"Don't fight! He's younger than you and doesn't know any better." TK said. Matt slowly straightened.
"I don't care how young he is, he better learn some respect." Matt spat, and then walked back. Davis angrily pulled from Azukia's grip. She gave him a "don't mess with me" look and went to walk next to Matt.
"Who does he think he is?" Davis asked Veemon veheemently, "She's my sister. If I want to call her names, that's what I'm gonna do. After all, that's what brothers are here for." This time, Kari was riled up.
"That's enough Davis." She snapped at him, "I can't STAND anyone who talks bad about their brother or sister."
"Me?"
"Well, that was minus 20 points on your Kari score." Tara told Davis. She to catch up with the group. Davis was left behind.
"Davis, what's the matter?" Veemon asked.
"It's Kari. She hates me. She thinks I'm a disgusting, worthless piece of dirt."
"Knock Knock." Veemon said, deciding that telling a joke would get his friend back to normal. Davis simple moaned. He walked slowly behind them again. When the reached the top of the cliff, they walked to edge and looked down.
"How are we supposed to get down there?" TK asked.
"It's impossible." Kari said.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment