Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Family Picnic (Pt.1)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 11 - Family Picnic (Pt.1)

Chapter 11 - Family Picnic (Pt.1)
"Attention passengers. East Meets West Airlines welcomes you to Tokyo. Again, we apologzie for the pilots stepping out for popcorn during the in-flight movie." A plane landed and went up to the gate.
"It's so bright," said a lingering passenger, "I wonder what time it is." She looked up at the clock, "8:45 in the morning? I'm still on New York time!" The girl was a teenager and had short bright pink hair that was studded with stars. She dug a digivice out her pocket and changed the time, "There. Now I'm caught up." She took a few steps and yawned.
******

Demiveemon was climbing the rubble of Davis' room. Climbing to one of the higher points of the room, he looked around.
"Davis? Wake up!" He leapt on Davis' chest and began hopping up and down, "Davis! Davis!" Davis groaned, turning his face from the light, and then slowly opened his eyes to see Demiveemon smiling innocently at him a few inches from his face, "Good morning! Sleep well?"
"Yeah. Until I heard all that screamin'" Davis said, slowly sitting up, "The next time I tell you to wake me up, try to be a little quieter so I can get some sleep."
******

"I turn my back on him for one minute and he disappears." Cody muttered as he pulled on his sleeve, "Oompamon! Where are you?" He looked out his bedroom door and saw Oompamon on the kitchen table, hidden underneath a basket. Oompamon turned around to look at Cody.
"Cody!" He squealed, leaping of the table and leaving the basket behind. Cody bent down to pick him up.
"How many times do I have to tell you not to wander around the house?" Cody asked, "Mom might think you're a rodent."
"Guess what? I think your mom is making us some candy over there!"
"Candy? That's not candy, it's sushi." Cody explained as he walked Oompamon back into the room.
"Does it taste like candy?"
"Not really. It's seaweed and raw fish."
"Yucky!"
"That was my first reaction, too."
******

Kari was loading things into her backpack as Gatomon stared on.
"I made you a nice little bed." said Kari.
"You think I'm getting in there?" Gatomon demanded, "Think again."
"Oh come on." Kari encouraged, "Be a sport. It's be fun." She lifted a dejected Gatomon by the scruff of her neck and put her in the pink bag.
******

"Ashley, come on!" Azukia shouted from the door way. She wasn't exactly in a good mood as she'd spent most of the morning keeping Woofmon and Nyamon from killing each other. Ashley hadn't been much help since she just thought it was funny and now they were nearly late, "Ashley!"
"Coming!" Ashley skipped down the stairs, her own backpack bulging with Woofmon. Nyamon wasn't hidden, as her cover was that she was a pillow.
"Great, get a move on."
"Why, so you can flirt with Tai?"
"No! Tai isn't even coming!"
******

"Bye Mom! We're headed to school!" TK said as his hand went over the metal gate.
"Um, TK...aren't you forgetting something?" Emi asked. Sunmon's flame barely poked out the top of her book bag. Seeing this, she squished him in further.
"Oops, one more thing!" TK said, opening the door, "Patamon!" He walked in, stuffed Patamon into his green backpack and then walked back to where Emi was waiting. The bag in his arms started move about violently.
"Can we hurry up?" Patamon asked from inside, "Your gym socks from yesterday are in here!"
"Sorry, I forgot." The twins rushed off to school.
******

"Okay, so if any body asks...?" Tara began, looking pointedly at Chibimon.
"I'm a doll!" Chibimon chirped.
"And?"
"And I don't talk!"
"Good." She put Chibimon carefully inside her backpack, shouldered it, and walked off.
******

"Okay mom, I think I'm packed. Besides the usual, I'm also taking potato salad, macaroni salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, fruit salad, and three bean salad."
"Acutally, it's only 2-bean salad today." Yolei's mom said, "I was out of the third bean. That's an awful lot of food for one girl to eat for lunch."
"I told you, I'm having a picnic with the computer club today, sooo I offered to bring salad for everyone."
"And who's paying for it?"
"Yeah...I need to talk to you about that...Talk to you later!"
"Yolei, wait!" Yolei rushed out the door without stopping.
"Yolei!" Poromon cried from inside the gym bag at her waist, "Open up! It's an emergency!" Yolei put the bag on the ground and unzipped it.
"What is it?"
"Sitting on this coleslaw is getting a little mooshy! And what has such a fowl smell?!"
"Deviled Egg."
"Pee-yew!"
"Poromon's right, I can smell it all the way from over here!" TK said from where he, Cody, Ashi, Tara, and Emi were standing on a street corner.
"I guess the mayonaise has gone bad."
******

"Aren't the others supposed to be here?" Davis asked as a plane flew over head.
"Yeah, they're late." Kari said.
"Maybe they got held up choosing salads?" Ashley offered.
"That was just Yolei's job. And at any rate, how hard is it to choose a salad?" Azukia said.
"Here they come now!" Davis called. The group stood up and ran to meet up with the other half, "Hey what took you guys so long?"
"I stopped at a drink fountain to give Poromon a bath," Yolei explained, "It's a long story."
"Nevermind." Davis said impatiently, "Let's go." The large group of nine kids trapsed off.
******

A line of heads popped up one by one from behind the hedge.
"All clear," Davis said as a bell rang in the distance, "Now remember my plan! Crouch! Keep crouching!" They slunk off, keeping carefully low to the ground.
"Listen, I know it's a Saturday and we aren't really supposed to be at school, but no body is within miles of this place. I refuse to crouch." Yolei said, standing up straight with her nose in the air.
"Fine." Emi commented, "You're tall enough that they'll see you first. You'll be a nice distraction."
"Actually Davis, I don't think it's really necessary for me to crouch." Cody said. It was true. His head, as well as Ashi's, barely came up to where the older kids crouched.
"Sometimes being small gives you an advantage." Ashi laughed. Finally, they made it to the computer room. Davis turned to look at them all.
"Well, I got us here. Am I the best or what?"
"Yeah!" Ashley cheered.
"...Or what." Tara said with a smile. Davis gave her a mock-glare and Cody, Ashi, and Yolei groaned.
"Let's go!" Davis said, leading the way to the room, "I wonder if the Digital World is open on Saturdays."
"All right!" Yolei said, pointing in the air from her seat at the computer, "I got us in! Am I the best or what?"
"...Or what." Azukia said. But just as they were about to go inside, the door to the room slide open. Everyone stared.
"Wha?" Everyone asked together. A girl with bright pink hair looked into the doorway, looking just as confused as they were.
"...I'm sorry, but...are you supposed to be here?" The girl asked. Ashi, Ashley, Cody, Yolei, and Davis screamed while Azukia, TK, Emi, Tara, and Kari looked stunned.
"Mimi?" They asked.
"Mimi?" The new kids asked.
"Um..TK?" Mimi asked, "Kari? Azukia? Emi? Tara?"
"Yup!"
"Davis, Yolei, Cody, Ashi, Ashley. I want you to meet someone." TK said, "This is our friend Mimi. She's one of the original DigiDestined. She moved to America." Mimi walked into the room, looking more comfortable.
"Hi Mimi," Yolei began, "Sora told us all about you."
"I spoke to her," Mimi said, "She told me about you guys, too."
"Hello, Mimi," Davis butted in, "I'm Davis, but you can call me...Davis."
"Yeah, she definitly told me about you...Gatomon! Patamon! How have you guys been?"
"What, no hello for us?" Sunmon asked.
"Yeah, did you forget all about us, Mimi?" Nyamon asked, gesturing to Chibimon as well.
"I'm sorry. How have all of you been?" Mimi giggled.
"Pretty good, except for being stuffed in a knapsack like a wet towel." Gatomon said wryly.
"It's so good to see you!" Kari said, "When did you get back?"
"This morning," Mimi answered, "I was passing by the school and just had to take a look for old time's sake. I just...walked in the front gate. Someone left it open!"
"That was us," Davis told her, "We had to sneak in because the school was closed." Mimi looked startled, "That's right. We all decided to go on a nice Saturday picnic in the Digital World."
"Digital World?" Mimi repeated.
"Speaking of, wouldn't it have been easier to go through the portal on Ashley's computer?" Tara asked.
"It was closed when I got home that night." Ashley said apologeticaly, "Besides, it wouldn't have been the same adventure."
"Darn right!" Davis agreed. Ashley smiled at him.
"Maybe Mimi can come with us," Yolei said with a smile.
"I'd love to! I haven't been there in so long...Do you think it will be okay?"
"Of course!"
"Great to have you back, Mimi." Azukia said, hugging her friend.
"Yolei, we didn't bring enough sodas for an extra person!" Davis complained.
"Oh man." Yolei said.
"That's okay. She can have my soda." said Cody.
"Mine, too." TK said.
"And mine!"
"Not mine! I like soda!" Tara joked.
"Okay, let's go!" Yolei said for a second time.
"That's great. Now the rest of us don't have anything to drink." Davis groaned.
"Digi-Port! Open!" Yolei shouted. And they were off.
******

"Hey guys, good news!" Davis said upon arrival, "Look around! Do you see any Control Spires?"
"Nope!" They chorused cheerfully. Mimi looked around for a minute and then took a few steps.
"How cool!" She gushed, "I'm back! The Digital World hasn't changed."
"Ashley!" Puppymon leapt at Ashley the moment she was released from the bag. Nekomon sweat dropped and walked off to talk to Gatomon. Rikumon stretched her wings by soaring in tight circles around a thrilled Ashi. After a few comfortable moments, they began to walk up a grasssy hill. As they walked, they Azukia and Emi brought her up to date on the recent happenings.
"Digimon Emperor?" Mimi asked.
"Yep," Davis confirmed, "He builds these Control Spires, tries to take over the Digital World, yadda yadda yadda."
"So if there's no Control Spires are we safe?"
"Yeah, that's why picked this spot to go on our picnic." Yolei said.
"Gee, we never would have thought of having a picnic here in the old days because we'd be too worried about giant sized, Digital-Ants."
"Well, we also would have never thought about it because we couldn't have done that in the old days." Azukia pointed out.
"Every time we come here, we have to destroy a Control Spire." said Yolei, "But since it's Saturday, we thought we'd just come here to have some fun."
"I've only been a DigiDestined for two days," Ashley said, "And it's already exhausting."
"So how long have you had Puppymon?" Mimi asked.
"A day."
"Wow. You two already get along great."
"Thanks."
"We should pick a spot around here to put the picnic blanket," Cody said, "And then we can dish out the food."
"Horray! I'm starving!" Ashi said.
"You're always starving." Tara laughed.
"Sounds like a great idea." TK chimed in.
"No it doesn't." Davis snapped, "It's way too early for lunch. Let's keep walking."
"I am a little hungry," Kari said, trailing off at the end. Davis stopped walking and smiled goofily.
"I'm straved. Let's eat."
"Why didn't I think of that?" TK asked, deadpanning.
"At least Kari can use Davis' infatuation for good and not for evil." Emi said with a laugh.
"Infatuation?" Ashley asked.
"Yeah, Davis is head over heels for Kari," Tara said, "But so's TK. Our money's on TK to beat him out." Ashley paused to mull the fact over and then walked over to help the rest of them fold out an enormous orange blanket. Once the food and everything else was ready, the group sat down.
"I brought this from my family's convience store," Yolei told Mimi, holding out some food, "Want some?" Mimi's eyes started to shine with tears.
"Is...is that what I think it is? A chocolate covered rice ball? I haven't had one since I was a kid!" She took it.
"Better eat it quick. Ashi's already on her third helping." Tara warned. Everyone looked over and, sure enough, Ashi's was filling her plate up again, her cheeks still buldging with food.
"How do you stay so skinny?" Azukia asked with a look of mix horror and amusement. Ashi shrugged, mouth too full to allow talking.
"What'll you have?" Yolei asked Hawkmon, who was sitting beside her.
"I'll have what ever Armadillomon and Rikumon are having." He said. Yolei looked over to where the pair of digimon were digging into their own lunch while Cody watched on, Ashi still too engrossed in her own food to stop.
"They're eating sushi." Yolei said.
"Excellent. I'll have one sushi, please!" Armadillomon grabbed from the box and bent his arm back.
"Coming right up!" Cody gasped and tried to stop him, but it was too late.
"Never throw food!" He said sternly as the sushi rolled to a stop in the grass. Hawkmon went running off after it, Yolei in hot pursuit.
"Hawkmon, wait! It's just a California Roll!"
"Yes, well it's rolling all the way back to California."
"Hey! I want that roll!" Canimon said, leaping up.
"Wait! He already called it! Canimon!" Tara raced off after them.
Mimi looked worriedly after them and after a bit, got up and looked for them. Surrounded by trees in the forest, she cupped her hands over her mouth.
"Yolei! Hawkmon! Tara! Canimon! Come ba-" Mim tripped and fell. Apparently the ground had in fact been only a canopy of trees from below. She tumbled through the air and hit the ground. It was night time when someone came to wake her up.
"Wake up." Yolei said, shaking Mimi's shoulder, "Mimi! Wake up."
"I hope she's alright." Hawkmon said. Mimi moaned and opened her eyes.
"She has to be." Tara said, "Mimi?"
"Are you okay?" Yolei asked.
"The last thing I remember...I fell."
"Look at that." Yolei said, looking away from Mimi. Mimi's own eyes followed the line Yolei had pointed out. A Control Spire appeared on the horizon.
"What is it?"
"A Control Spire."
"This guy is EVERYWHERE!" Tara complained, "We're gonna teach him a lesson, right Canimon?"
"Right!"
"That means the Digimon Emperor controls this area." Hawkmon pointed out. Just then, squeaks and mumbles began in the dense foliage to their left. All three turned their attention that way and saw red eyes begin to materialized.
"I'm going to guess those aren't tail lights in a parking lot." Mimi said.
"Princess Mimi! Princess Mimi! Princess Mimi!" The eyes were those of a group of gecko-like digimon with tuba's entwined around their body and blue poliwog like Digimon. All had a Dark Ring on them. Mimi's worried expression faded away and she actually smiled.
"Relax. They're just geckomon and otoumon."
"How do you know that, Mimi?" Yolei asked.
"Because they're my friends."
"They don't look too friendly." Hawkmon warned.
"Not while they're wearing those Dark Rings." Canimon said.
"Geckomon are push overs anyway," Tara said, stepping forward, "Whether they're being controlled or not, it shouldn't be a tough battle."
"Huh?" Mimi leaned forward to get a better look. The digimon marched and then began jumping in long lines at the DigiDestined.
"RUN!" Tara shouted. They all turned around and started running off. Mimi tripped again and went sailing forward. Yolie and Tara skidded to a stop and could only watch as the group of possessed Digimon came even closer.
"Omigosh Mimi!" Yolei shouted, "If those are your friends, I'd hate to meet your enemies!"
"It's not they're fault." Mimi moaned from the ground.
"She's right. They're being controlled." Tara said. They were sitting ducks.
"Poison Ivy!" Long purple, sticky roots shot out from the undergrowth and then wrapped around each girl and their digimon's head. With a quick tug, they were moving away from the stampede.
"Palmon?" Mimi asked. At the very last second, they were pulled away. The Gekomon and Otoumon continued as if their prey was still right in front of them.
"I thought you needed a vine." A green digimon with a bright pink flower on her head turned to look at them.
"Palmon!" Mimi sobbed, tears filling her eyes.
"Mimi!" Palmon cried, her eyes shining with tears as well. The pair rushed forward and embraced. Hawkmon and Canimon stared on from the safety of their partners' arms.
"I missed you so much!" Mimi cried.
"Me, too!"
"I've never been this happy in my whole life!"
"I never knew what happiness was until now!" They contined you crying.
"Please tell me this is not how I acted when we reunited..." Tara said, face-palming. Canimon laughed.
"You did! But don't worry! It was very special and emotional!"
"..Great."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment