Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Family Picnic (Pt.2)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 12 - Family Picnic (Pt.2)

Chapter 12 - Family Picnic (Pt.2)
Eventually, Mimi and Palmon stopped crying. By this point in time, Tara had sat on the ground and buried her head in her arms to keep herself rolling her eyes or throwing up at the large amount of emotion present. Mimi gave one last hiccup and then tried to pull away.
"I'm caught in your vines."
"I'm caught in your hair."
"On three. One...Two...Three!" The pair pulled apart.
"Enough reminicing!" Palmon said, "We've got trouble. This area is called the Night Forest and the Digimon Emperor has taken control of all the Gekomon and the Otomamon."
"I know! We have to destroy the control spire!" Mimi said, pointing in the air descively, "No problem! I live in New York! Compared to getting attacked, this should be a piece of cake."
"Oh...are we done now?" Tara said, lifting her head up grogilly and looking around. Canimon laughed.
"You're the best, Mimi!" Palmon cried, hugging Mimi's legs.
"We can't destroy the tower alone," Yolei said worriedly.
"That is correct." said Hawkmon, "We need to contact the others and let them know where we are."
"Right." Mimi nodded and took out her digivice.
******

It was still day where the rest of the group was. Once they had realized Tara, Mimi, and Yolei weren't coming back, they had stopped their picnic and were searching for them.
"Mimi! Yolei! Where are you?" Davis called.
"Mimi! Yolei! Where are you?" The group behind him called. Davis paused and looked around.
"Huh? This place has some echo." Azukia sweat dropped.
"Oh great." Kari said.
******

"I'm trying to contact them." Yolei said, "But so far no luck."
"Mine isn't getting through either." said Tara.
******

Azukia's digivice started to go off. She took it out of her pocket and then gaped at it for a moment.
"What's the matter, Azukia?" Ashley asked, walking up to her. Emi and Ashi went over, too, while Kari, Cody, and TK went over to Davis. Azukia turned her hand to let them look at it.
"It's like yours."
"Woah! When did that happen?!" Emi asked. Azukia's digivice instead of being the old, similar kind, was now the same as the new Digi-Destined's, only her's was lavender.
"I don't know!"
"It must have happened when you got your digi-egg yesterday." Ashi said.
"Holy! That must be it! I was too busy liberating Gotsumon and his friends to notice!" Azukia said. An evil smirk came over her face, "Tai's gonna be so jealous when I show him!"
"Any way," Emi said, looking pointedly, "Why's it going off?"
"Beats me." Ashi, Ashley and Emi groaned.
"I think it's from Yolei." Davis said. The other four crowded around with TK, Kari, and Cody, "But the signal's weak."
"Mine must be from Tara, then." Azukia said.
"They must be near by," said TK, "But in what direction?"
"The Digimon Emperor must be blocking the signal." Cody pointed out.
******

"What a wonderful way to spend a relaxing weekend," The Digimon Emperor purred. Yolei, Tara, Mimi, and their three digimon were on his screen, "Getting rid of unwanted weeds in my garden. Wormon!"
"Yes, Master?" The little green catapillar asked.
"Who is the Digimon Dejur?"
"The Roachmon Brothers."
"Excellent! Summon them immediatly. They're staying at the Roachmon Hotel!"
******

"There's no reply." Yolei said, putting her hand down dejectedly.
"What about you Tara?" Mimi asked, "Any luck?"
"No, Azukia isn't responding. Although she probably hasn't even realized her digivice has been updated yet."
"That does sound like Azukia." Everyone sighed. Two cockroach-shaped sillohettes bounded from the trees.
"No answer?" Came two voices together, "We didn't even hear the question!" The shapes scuttled closer, "We hope we aren't bugging you!" Two cockroach digimon with twin skull tattoos and bad teeth were revealed. They snickered at their own pun. Yolei and Mimi hugged each other.
"OH MY FRICK!" Tara shouted, her eyes bugging out, "BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSS!" Tears formed in her eyes as she tried to back pedal as quickly as possible.
"Cockroaches!" The three shouted together. Palmon, Hawkmon, and Canimon leapt into action.
"It's the Roachmon Brothers!"
"You mean that's all?" Asked the Roachmon on the left, "I thought you said there were a whole bunch of kids."
"Don't snap at me, I heard wrong!" The one on the left told him.
"Is it really that hard to write down a message?"
"Next time you take the call!"
"Excuse me, but...do you always argue?" Yolei asked. Tara was now hiding behind a tree, "And what's wrong with Tara?"
"She's terrified of bugs. Always has been." Mimi answered.
"The Roachmon Brothers don't argue!" The Roachmon Brothers said, "Now stay out of this!"
"Sorry. Go ahead." Yolei said, clinging to Mimi harder. Tara slowly crept out from her hiding place and stood next to Mimi who swung a protective arm around her as well.
"I think I should use my Garbadge Dump attack to finish them off." said the first roachmon.
"Rubbish," said the second, "I'll just use my Yard Sale Bomb and we won't even half to bargain."
"Better yet, how about neither?" Mimi asked.
"The Roachmon Brothers are not going to tell you again. Stay out of this!"
"Just a suggestion." Mimi snapped. Tara wimpered, "It'll be okay Tara."
"I've got an idea, Roachmon. Let's use both attacks."
"Roachmon, that's the first smart thing you've said."
"Garbadge Dump!" A huge amount of rubbish flew at the Digimon and their partners, burying them in trash. Mimi's head popped out, covered in filth.
"That's it!" Mimi yelled, "This is a designer blouse!" The Roachmon Brothers simply snickered. Mimi looked a bit taken a back. Yolei and Tara's heads popped out as well.
"Now what?" Mimi groaned.
"Please no more bugs!" Tara cried. They looked up to see a massive piano fall from the sky. It crashed into the ground a few feet away from their pile.
"Sorry, but I don't play." Mimi said worriedly. A whistling sound caused them to look up again. This time, a refridgerator was headed straight towards them. The girls screamed, grabbed their digimon, and fled from the garbadge as more heavy objects tried to hit them.
"Yard Sale Bomb!" The Roachmon Brothers shouted, flying after them.
"Palmon, Digivolve!" Mimi cried.
"I can't until the Control Spire is destroyed!"
"They were 10 feet away and you missed them!" Roachmon chided his brother.
"I missed? You missed!"
"Boy," Yolei said, "For brothers, they sure don't get along very well." For a moment, she was caught up in a fantasy.
"Yolei, I don't mean to interrupt your day-dreaming, but this is rather precarious situation!" Hawkmon called, "Don't you think it's time?"
"Tara, if you let me Digivolve, I can get rid of the bugs!" Canimon tempted. Tara consider this for a moment.
"Really?"
"Would I lie to you?" Tara grinned.
"Digi-Armor Engergize!" The two girls shouted together.
"Hawkmon Armor Digivolve to...Halsemon, the wings of love!"
"Canimon Armor Digivolve to...Draggamon, the flower of graciousness!"
"Yolei, climb on my back." Halsemon instructed.
"Right!"
"We'll stay here and protect Mimi!" Draggamon said. Tara nodded.
"Let's go!" Yolei called to Halsemon. They flew off, leaving Mimi stunned behind them.
"Wow. The Armor-Digivolving is so fashionable."
"Tempest Wing!" Halsemon attacked. The two-pronged red light hit the roaches.
"I feel like someone just set off a bug bomb!" One of them said after they had recovered.
"Come on, we out number them!" Said the other.
"I guess they can't do math..." Draggamon said. She raced up beside Halsemon.
"Roachmon Fly Swatter!" The pair of Roachmon came into kick them both. They dodged, only to have them turn around for another shot.
"Roachmon Exterminate!" Halsemon and Draggamon dodged again, Draggamon looking rather bored.
"That's it!" Mimi cried, "I've got an idea."
"What?" Yolei and Tara asked.
"Those Roachmon don't seem to be too smart! We can use them to destroy the tower!"
"All right!" Yolei said.
"Perfecto! Serves those bugs right!" Tara exclaimed. Before the Roachmon could get to them again, the trio raced off.
"Come on Palmon! Let's get ready!" Mimi said as she ran off behind the other two. The Roachmon flew out of the tree line. Yolei turned to look at them as she had the best vantage point from her flying digimon.
"Here they come!" She warned Hawkmon and Draggamon.
"You know what to do!" Tara called.
"Roachmon Exterminate!" Tara, Mimi, and Palmon were standing by next to a conviently placed light source. When Draggamon and Halsemon gave the signal, they heaved and moved it across and into the flight path of the two Roachmon. The Roachmon scrunched up their eyes, blinded, and flew straight into the tower.
"Now!" Mimi said.
"Palmon digivolve to...Togemon!" A massive cactus with punching gloves replaced Palmon's petite form, "Needle Spray!" Togemon spun around as fast as she could and sent a shower of needles at the two Roachmon who were now embedded in a hole on the side of the Control Spire.
"Tempest Wing!"
"Deathly Tsunami!" The Roachmon fell from the tower, unconsious.
******

Another black square on the monitor became white.
"My spire!" The Digimon Emperor screamed, absolutely livid. He stood from his chair, "They destroyed another one of my Control Spires! A wasted weekend! I'm going home. Lock up when you're done." He turned from the room.
"Alright. Now I can watch my Saturday Cartoons." Wormon said.
******

"Hey! It's Yolei's signal!" Davis said as two blue dots appeared brightly on his screen, "It's coming in crystal clear now." Azukia looked at her own.
"Yeah, I've got Tara's now, too."
"That must be a good sign." Cody said, "It must mean they're all okay. They were able to destroy the Control Spire in that area."
"Wait. When did we figure out there was a Control Spire there?" Ashi asked. (A/N: LOL. I love making fun of the plot holes with character dialogue.)
"That's a good point." Emi said.
"Way to go, Yolei!" Davis said.
"And Tara!" Kari said.
******

Mimi, Hawkmon, Canimon, and Yolei stood and watched as the Dark Rings fell off the Roachmon. Tara, however, was hiding behind Togemon who found this amusing but was trying her best to conceal her.
"Now they'll be friendly." Mimi said.
"Yeah." said Yolei.
"Last thing I remember, we were at the Motel!" Roachmon one said. His brother glared at him.
"Yeah! We were out by the pool and you took my towel!"
"Well you ate the little chocolate they put on the pillow!"
"I put those chocolates on the pillow! I brought them from home!"
"From home?! Those were my chocolates in the freezer!"
"Oh yeah?! Well, it's my freezer!"
"It's my house!"
"I'm paying rent!" A fight broke out. Mimi and Yolei gaped.
"It just goes to show you, some families are better off having only one child."
"That's right Yolei. And in some cases they shouldn't have kdis at all."
"I think it's time we left these two alone."
"FINALLY!" Tara rejoiced. The two Roachmon flew off, still bickering and now attacking one another.
"From now on, you just stay on your side of the house!"
"And you stay on yours!"
"Fine!"
"Fine!"
"Oh, look," Yolei said, looking relieved, "Here comes Davis and the others."
"Guys! We're over here!" Davis called as he ran up. Behind him were all the rest, surrounded by an ocean of Geckomon and company. Mimi was surrounded by cheering subjects. She smiled at their apologises.
"Mimi!" Togemon called. Mimi looked at her, "I will protect this area now. You can count on me!"
"I've always counted on you." Mimi said, hugging Togemon's punching glove.
"Please don't start sobbing again!" Tara begged.
"Who's that?" Davis asked.
"That's Mimi's digimon," Yolei answered, "Togemon."
"Wow."
"She's SO cool!" Ashley enthused, "Can you digivolve, Puppymon?"
"Only Armor Digivolving," Puppymon said, "And no body's given me a chance to do it yet!"
"Well, next time it's me and you!"
"Yeah!"
"Togemon!" Davis called, "Call us if you need us."
"Good bye Togemon!" Everyone chorused.
"Don't make me cry!" Togemon said, "Rubbing my eyes hurts too much!"
"But you have on gloves," Azukia pointed out.
"But my arms still touch my face!"
******

"Bye Mimi!" They had all gone to air port to see Mimi off.
"It seems a bit ridiculous to fly all the way to Japan just for a day." Azukia said.
"It was worth it just to see you all again." Mimi said, "And I made some new friends. Bye everyone! Thanks for a great picnic!" She waved as they turned around to walk off. Yolei turned around.
"Oh Mimi! I almost forgot! I wanted to say, when I get older, I want to be just like you!" Mimi looked flattered. As they all walked away, Emi muttered:
"Don't get me wrong, I like Mimi. But why couldn't she have picked Sora?"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment