Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Gaurdian Angel (Pt.1)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 13 - Gaurdian Angel (Pt.1)

Chapter 13 - Gaurdian Angel (Pt.1)
A collection of Digimon attacks, some lit up, some not, flew at a Control Spire, a cocoughany of attack names accompanying it. TK, Kari, and Yolei were with Cody and Davis. Cody and Davis cheered from the ground.
"Great! That's another 12 Control Spires destroyed!" Izzy congratulated everyone over the intercom.
Sora was with Ashley and Tara. As Birdramon knocked down the tower, all three cheered.
"According to the map, Greymon is finished with this area and is moving on to the next." Azukia and Ashi were accompanying Tai and his Champion level digimon. All three were perched on Greymon's head, "And Garurumon is doing the same thing!" Emi and Matt were riding atop of Garurumon and moving on themselves. When the were done, the entire group assembled together in the school computer room.
"There's still one more Control Spire to destroy today," Izzy told them. Azukia rolled her eyes and made a "blah blah blah" motion with her hand, which, luckily, he didn't see.
"Maybe Greymon can get that one, too." Matt offered.
"I don't think he can. It looks like he's too far from that area." Tai said.
"Tai's right." said Izzy.
"In that case, we'll do it ourselves!" Davis said.
******

A gleaming city stood innocently underneath its protective bubble. However, inside it wasn't as innocent. A group of red-eyed clay digimon were marching through the streets, all droning, "Intruder! Intruder!" The Gardramon shot several attacks at Digmon and Makarimon.
"Gold Rush!"
"Sword of Innocence!"
"Star Shower!"
"Fire Rocket!"
"Sky Fire!"
Each attack hit multiple Gardramon and broke their mind-controlling rings. But everytime one went down, 10 more seemed to take its place.
"There must be millions of them!" Davis shouted.
"Wow, you counted that high without even taking off your shoes and socks." Yolei said. Tara laughed.
"Air five, Yolei!" The girls gave each other high-fives from where they were.
"I think now's a good time to get back to our world." TK said in a worried tone, "We need to come up with a new plan."
"I agree." Ashley said. Both Puppymon and Nekomon were in their rookie forms, watching the other enviously.
"TK's right. We need to talk to Izzy." Yolei said.
"Intruder! Intruder!" droaned the Gaurdramon.
"Are you guys out of your minds?!" Davis snapped, "We can't quit now! I've never been a quitter!"
"What about that time you quit doing your homework?" Tara asked.
"That doesn't count!"
"Davis, let's regroup." Flamedramon broke in. The ground digimon shone for a moment and then were back to their rookie-forms. The flying digimon lighted on the ground and did the same. TK and Emi started to run off. TK paused.
"Davis, quit being so stubborn! There's far too many of them."
"That's right. As the oldest here and the one responsible for all of you, I say 'fall out'!" Azukia ordered.
"I agree, we have to hurry." said Kari.
"Right." Emi and Ashi nodded. Davis growled for a moment.
"Oh, all right. Head for the gate!" The group sped off, running through the maze of streets. As they neared the alley where the gate was located, Yolei took out her digivice.
"Digi-Port open!" Everyone raced in.
"Wait for us!" Kari, Ashley, and Emi shouted.
"Grenade Destroyer!" Kari, Ashley. and Emi neared the TV-set, but the attack hit and exploded it. They were left alone in the Digital World.
******

Azukia, Yolei, Davis, Ashi, TK, Tara, and Cody landed in a pile outside of the computer. Yolei immediatly began complain.
"Ouch. Hey! Shouldn't we put pillows here if we're going to keep doing this?"
"Where's the fun in that?" Tara demanded.
"Guys, I saw that the TV was blown up as we left, so we can't go back." Patamon announced from his perch on TK's back.
"Wait a second!" Davis said, "Where Kari go?"
"Ashley and Emi are missing, too." Ashi said. Cody looked towards the computer.
"They're trapped! In the Digital World!"
"Tai's gonna kill me!" Azukia moaned.
******

"I'll send a message to the others to tell them we're okay." Kari said.
"Good call. Azukia is probably having a panic attack." Emi said.
"Why's that?" asked Ashley.
"She made a promise to my brother to keep me safe," Kari explained as she typed, "And you know Azukia. She's probably beating herself up right now for breaking it, even though I'm okay...I don't think this has spell check."
"Kari, if we find ourselves in any kind of jam, I can always armor-digivolve." Gatomon said.
"Me, too." Coronamon said, "I'd hate to see any of you ladies hurt." Gatomon slapped him upside the head, "You know, that is becoming a common occurance and I'm not really likeing it."
"What about me?" Puppymon said, "I still haven't got a chance to armor-digivolve!"
"Well, we'll just save the digivolving for a special occasion," Kari said.
******

"The gate to that area is closed." Yolei said, moving the mouse around the screen, "We can't get to them."
"TK, wasn't Kari right behind you when you were leaving the gate of the Digital World?" Davis asked.
"Uh-huh."
"Then it's all your fault! Why didn't you let her go first?!"
"Shut up, Davis! Just shut up!" Ashi surprised everyone by snapping at Davis, "Kari isn't the only one missing you know. TK's sister and Azukia's sister are there, too. Now why don't you try being the leader your supposed to be and start caring about what happens to people other than Kari?!" The room was silent for a moment until Cody walked into the center of the circle comprised of Davis, Ashi, and TK.
"Stop. It was no one's fault. It just happened."
"What do you know?!" Davis asked, "You're just a little kid!"
"Yeah, well I still know when someone's being a jerk."
"At this rate, these little kids are prooving to be 10 times smarter than you, Davis." Tara said coldly with her arms folded against her chest, "Ashi's right. Either start acting like a leader is supposed to or we'll be giving the positionto someone more worthy."
"All right!" Azukia said, speaking for the first time in a quite a while, "Break it up. All of you. We're all worried, but this argueing is not helping get any one back."
"I guess I'm being the jerk." Davis said, looking a bit ashamed.
"The thing is...he's right." TK said, "It really is my fault. I should have been watching out for them all along. Emi's my sister and Matt's going to be disappointed in me for not taking better care of her." Tara touched him lightly on the shoulder.
"Emi's a big girl. She can take care of herself. I'm sure she'd say the same if she were here."
"I could have been watching out more, too." Davis said dejectedly.
"So could I." Cody said, "That's what I mean. There's no one to blame."
"Okay. Now everybody apologize." Azukia directed.
"I'm sorry." Everyone said in turn. In a few minutes, things were back to normal. Yolei sighed, whether out of relief or annoyance it was hard to tell. The computer beeped. Yolei turned to look at it.
"Hey guys! It's an e-mail from Kari." She said, clicking it open. The group gathered around to look, "It says 'Don't worry, we're all right. And I'm sorry if any words are misspelled. Sincerly, Kari.'" TK pushed Yolei a bit to the side.
"Yolei, I've got an idea." He began to scroll through the black-and-white legend of the Digital World on the screen, "If we can find an area close to the one they're in, then I can reach them."
"Move over." Azukia said, taking the mouse, "I can handle the computer stuff better than any one here. I know it's usually Yolei's job, but the faster we get there the better." TK looked startled and then nodded as he took a step back, "Got it!"
"Okay, I'll be back real soon." TK said, holding his digivice up to the screen.
"I'm going, too!" Patamon said. They both were sucked into the computer.
"Hey, wait up!" Azukia shouted. She took out her own digivice and she and Nekomon followed TK and Patamon.
"What should we do?" Yolei asked.
"If he thinks I'm going to stand by and let him be the hero he can forget it." Davis said. Demiveemon and Davis went to the Digital World, too.
"What? Then I'm going." Yolei said.
"Tch. As if we'll let them have all the fun." Tara said.
"Tara! Yolei!" Cody cried, "Wait a minute. It's almost dinner time right now. Somewhere between the green salad and the green gelatin, their families are going to wonder where they are. We need to tell Tai and the others. I think that's the best thing we can do to help Davis and the others right now."
"Cody, I know you're just a kid, but sometimes you have the wisdom of an old man of twenty." Yolei said.
"Good thinking, Cody." Tara said. Ashi nodded.
"All right, what are we waiting for?" Oompamon asked.
"Let's get a move on!" Rishumon cried.
"Let's go!" Poromon said.
"I'm with ya!" Chibimon shouted. They started to run out the door.
"Wait! You can't just go out in public!" Cody called after them.
"Chibimon, we talked about this!" Tara exclaimed. The four kids ran out after their digimon.
******

"This is great idea," Davis said sarcastically, "Crossing the desert without any water." Indeed they were in a desert. As far as the eye could see, there was pile after pile of sand.
"Don't start that," Azukia said, grinding her teeth together, "I'm the Digi-Destined of Harmony for a reason, and I'm nearing my last nerve Davis."
"Look, I didn't ask for your opinion," TK shot back at Davis, "Or your help."
"There's the city!" Davis said as they got to the top of another dune.
"Looks like one of those things you shake and it starts snowing."
"...A snowglobe?" Azukia said.
"I'm gonna go get Kari. You two wait here." Davis said.
"No, I'll go get Kari and you stay here." said TK.
"Now is NOT the time to be having a fight over a woman!" Azukia shouted, "Besides, may I remind you that YOUR SISTER AND MINE ARE IN THERE, TK?!" Both boys took several steps backwards in fright, "If you two can't decide who is going, you can both stay here and I'll get them."
"We'll flip for it." Davis told TK, taking out a coin, "Winner goes, loser stays here."
"I'm going either way." Azukia said, "A pair of love-struck idiots is going to be saving anyone."
"Since it's my coin, I get to call. Tails." Davis flipped the coin in the air, where it spun several times before landing on his hand again, "Okay. If it's tails, I win and I get to rescue Kari. If it's heads, you get to go." He pulled his yellow-gloved hand away to reveal a tails up coin, "Tails! I'll tell her that you were worried about her and that yo-" TK snatched the coin up and gave it a good look.
"Huh. A coin that has tails on both sides." He said with a smile, "That's how I used to be Matt and Emi."
"H-How about that?" Davis stammered. Azukia sighed.
"You're both idiots. Can we go now?"
"Let's both go." TK said.
"...Okay, TM." The three began to walk towards the city, "Did you really used to use one of those coins on Matt?"
"Yeah, that's how I got all his baseball cards and his old guitar. And whenever we wanted to do anything, Emi always sided with him. So that's how I got to do what I wanted for a change."
Nekomon, Veemon, and Patamon made it to the top of the dune behind their partners.
"TK and Davis sure argue a lot." Patamon mused, "How come?"
"Something about Kari." Veemon said vaguely.
"Men. They're obviously head over heels for them."
"Hills?" Veemon asked, "Like what we're walking on?"
"Well, they both have their heads above them..." Patamon sighed. Nekomon shook her head.
"Nevermind. It was foolish of me to think either of you would understand."
"Human girls make human boys act sorta wierd," Veemon continued his conversation with Patamon.
******

"Intruder! Intruder!" Nefertimon, carrying Kari and Ashley, and Leodramon carrying Emi, were soaring in between the sky scrapers and trying to avoid the attacking Gaurdramon, "Intruder! Intruder!"
"Rosetta Stone!" Nefertimon negated an attack from one of them. Ashley hugged tighter to Puppymon as a few shards of the attack flew in their direction. Leodramon and Nefertimon flew through the smoke after the attack and over the Gaurdramon's head.
"Kari," Nefertimon said, "There aren't any TVs left in this area."
"We'll have to go to another area to find one." Kari said.
"But this place is completely shut down!" Emi pointed out.
"And there are controlled guardramon everywhere!" Ashley added.
"We don't know what direction to travel." Nefertimon said.
******

Back in the Digimon Emperor's hide out, close ups of Kari, Emi, and Ashley filled each of the screens. He watched them frantically trying to escape and laughed out loud. Wormon shuffled into the room.
"It's almost your dinner time. Should you be going home soon, Ken?" The Digimon Emperor slowly turned to glare at the green cattipillar.
"NEVER call me anything but Master!" He shouted. Wormon started and then cowered with his front claws over his head.
"Since they're all alone," The Digimon Emperor said, going back to his work and drawing a red square with his hand on one of the screens with Kari's face on it, "They deserve someone special." A black screen popped up with red text moving quickly across it.
"Oh no, not that!" Wormon said, "Anyone but him!"
******

"Hello, can I speak to Tai please?" Cody was outside Yolei's convience store with a pay-phone in his hand. Ashi was hovering nearby, ready to race off and get someone in person if she needed to, "...No, I'm not selling anything!"
Inside the convience store, Tara and Yolei were bundling up more food while Yolei's father watched.
"You know, Yolei," He began, "With all the snacks and drinks you take to give your friends, it's a wonder this store shows any profit at all."
"Put it on my tab, daddy."
"Mine, too, if you need to." Tara said. Meanwhile, Cody had reached Tai and was relaying the story.
"Anyway, that's where Kari is Tai."
******

"Okay, Cody. Thanks for letting me know. Don't worry about it. I'll take care of everything. And when you see Azukia, tell her I don't blame her and her promise is kept as far as I'm concerned. Bye!" Back in his own home, Tai hung up the phone and turned to his mother. Giving her a big grin, he began to speak to her.
"Kari's at a friends house doing a science project on gravity and they need to see how long I can stand on my head! See ya!" He ran out of the apartment and outside, where he met up with Matt.
"Hey Tai, I heard what happened," said Matt, "Are you going to go?"
"Yeah, in just a minute. But first I have to stop by Davis' apartment. I have to make up a story to tell his family he's going to be a little late tonight."
"Aw, don't worry about it. I've already called my mom to tell her TK and Emi won't be home for a bit and that was much more awkward, I'm sure. I can handle it. You go on to them."
"Right!" Tai said, turning on his heel and racing into the darkness, "Thanks Matt!" Matt stared after him for a few seconds then started.
"Oh no! I left Mimi on hold when she called from New York! Her phone bill!" He turned and ran back into this apartment.
******

"I told my mom we were working on a rescue project." Cody said, "She said she's glad we're helping stray cats in the neighborhood."
"Yeah, my dad was just glad we left without filling up another bag." Yolei said. Ashi hung up the phone and gave them a thumbs up.
"We're good. Tara and I are both allowed to stay out longer."
"Great!" Yolei enthused. Tara and her loaded down with shopping bags, the quartet walked off down the street.
******

TK, Davis, Azukia, and their digimon were all hudeled behind a hill of sand, peeking out above it in preparation for their entrance.
"There's only one guard at the door." Davis said.
"We're gonna have to take him out in the first attack." TK said, "Otherwise he'll call for reinforcements."
"Not a problem." Davis assured him, "Veemon and I can handle that metal head. Veemon, are you ready?"
"Yeah! Let's do it!"
"Digi-Arm-"
"Wait a minute!" Patamon interrupted, "I'll do it. There aren't any control spires in this area, right?"
"Well...just the one inside the dome..." TK said.
"But we're outside." Realization dawned on TK's face.
"Yeah, that's right! That means you can digivolve."
"Oh for heaven's sake!" Nekomon shouted, waving orange paws in the air, "I don't care who does, just somebody do it!"
"Go for it." TK told Patamon.
"All right! Patamon digivolve to...Angemon!" Golden light surrounded Patamon, causing Nekomon and Azukia to hold their arms up against the glow. When it faded, Patamon had transformed into a tall man with angle wings and flowing hair.
"Angemon. I haven't see you in awhile." TK said. Nekomon rushed up the hill.
"Wow, it is you! Long time no see!" She exclaimed. Davis and Veemon were staring, completely at a loss for words.
"An-Angemon?!" Davis gasped.
"Hi, there...big guy..." Veemon said. Angemon turned turned to look at them and then turned back to the problem at hand. He leapt into the air and soared off above the hills. They all went back to watching from behind the sand.
"Intuder! Intruder!" The Gaurdramon at the door said as he caught sight of Angemon.
"Angel Rod!" Angemon spun his golden staff around and then flung it at the Gaurdramon. It stuck the center of its chest and the Gaurdramon flicked off. Angemon flew the rest of the way to stand by the unmoving digimon, "I nailed him."
TK, Davis, Veemon, Azukia, and Nekomon ran to him, Azukia making it first with her longer legs. Once they got there, Angemon punched a hole through the metal doorway and opened it. He took the first few steps in and then transformed back to Patamon.
"You know, those Control Spires really ruin my day." Patamon pouted.
"You did great, Patamon." TK assured him.
"So besides Armor-Digivolving, Patamon can digivolve to Angemon?" Davis asked, "What about Gatomon?"
"Well, she can digivolve to Angewomon." TK answered.
"You kidding!"
"Hello?" Nekomon asked, "I did this just the other day. Where were you when I digivolved to Starmon?" Davis ignored her.
"Angemon and Angewomon?" Davis asked, still stunned.
"That right," Patamon said proudly from atop TK's white bucket hat, "We make a great team."
"One question." Davis said.
"Make it quick. We have people to save." Azukia said.
"Do they have a Veeangemon, too?"
"Sometimes he says the weirdest things." Patamon chuckled to TK. TK laughed. Davis growled.
"Veemon!" He snapped, "Tell me right now digivolve into Ange-something, too!"
"Uhh..." Davis grabbed Veemon by the shoulders, lifted him up, and started shaking him.
"Angedinosaurmon? Angesoccorplayermon?"
"I just don't have it in me!" Veemon cried, "Ask Nekomon, she's got wings." Nekomon looked up from where she had been giving herself a bath and ignoring them.
"Don't look at me." She said curtly, "I just have wings in this form."
"Davis has got a lot to learn." TK mused.
"I'm sure Tai had a reason for making him leader..." Azukia said, trying her best to look confident, "Anyway, we should get going."
******

"So anyway," Matt said, talking to an extremely thrilled June at her aparment, "Davis is over at my brother's house and so he probably won't be home until a little later on." June giggled, "What?" Matt asked, narrowing his eyes.
"You're lieing."
"Huh?"
"I can tell when people are lieing because usually they start blinking a lot." Matt stammered a few times and June contined, "I won't tell my parents you were lieing if you promise to go out on a date with me, okay? See ya Friday at eight!" And with that, she promptly shut the door in his face.
"How did that happen?" Asked an extremely freaked-out Matt. He sighed.
******

Yolei and Tara were sitting in the darkened computer room, the only light from the computer screen. Both were munching on snacks they had brought from Yolei's store.
"Oompamon has more candy then I do!" Poromon compained.
"That's enough fighting, there's plenty more." Yolei.
"Yeah, unless I take it all!" Tara snatching the bag up and laughing as all the in-training digimon compained and started jumping for the bag. Cody and Ashi opened the door.
"We brought some reinforcements!" Cody said, and he Ashi stepped to the side to allow Tai into the room.
"Let's get to work." He directed.
******

"You summoned me, Your Highness?" Asked the sillohette on one of the Digimon Emperor's screens.
"Please hold for the Digimon Emperor," Wormon said, "Line one for, you sir." The Digimon Emperor smirked and began to laugh again.

******

"Digi-Armor Energize!" TK and Davis, as well as Azukia for the first time, shouted.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment