Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - Ken's Secret (Pt.2)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 16 - Ken's Secret (Pt.2)

Chapter 16 - Ken's Secret (Pt.2)
Through the darkness they plummeted, watching thick clouds of purple and blue swirl about them. Their own shouting as well as shouts from the others filled their ears. Down, down, they fell.
******

Above, Ashi and Davis were desperatly digging holes in the sand. Three holes between them were already done and they had moved on, each digging a new hole of their own. Rikumon and Veemon looked on.
"I think you better call Tai to help us out." Veemon suggested to Davis.
"I agree." Rikumon said.
"No way, Veemon," Davis said, pausing to looked behind him at the two digimon, "That'll take way too long!"
"It's not like we're getting anywhere with this digging." Ashi said, sitting up for a second and wiping the sweat from her brow.
"Help us dig before we get find more trouble!" Davis told Rikumon and Veemon.
"More trouble has found you!" The Digimon Emperor's voice came from afar. Ashi and Davis stood up.
"Digimon Emperor!" Davis shouted, "What have you done?!"
"Where are our friends?!" Ashi called.
"Your friends, as you call then, are here with me," The voice said, "Come and see for yourself if you dare."
"Oh, we dare alright." Davis said, taking a step forward.
"Wait, Davis," Ashi said. He groaned and turned back around.
"What is it?"
"I really think we should call for Tai."
"Um, that's a no. We have to learn to do things for ourselves, Ashi." Davis told her. Ashi looked uncertain, "Look, we can handle it. If anything, Rikumon and Veemon can Armor-Digivolve. Now run, everbody! The ground could open up and swallow us at any second!" He took off before Ashi had a chance to blink.
"Wait up!" She shouted after him and ran to try and catch up, Rikumon gliding close to the ground beside her.
"I wanted to get more excercise, but running for my life wasn't what I had in mind!" Veemon cried.
"I'm more worried about our friends right now!" Davis huffed.
"We're comin'!" Veemon assured him. Ashi and Rikumon had caught up. They made it to the rocks outlining the valley.
"The Emperor's voice came from this direction." Davis said decisvely.
"I hope so." Veemon panted.
"There he is!" Davis said, clenching one of his hands into fist. The Digimon Emperor was standing at the top of the Valley edge, chuckling yet again, "You're gonna get it!"
"Oh, I'm so scared." The Digimon Emperor said sarcastically.
"Let my friends go!" Davis shouted, "What have done with them."
"You better not have hurt them!" Ashi added.
"Take a look." Both turned to their lefts, "Your friends are at my mercy and so, it would appear, are you." A thin rock connected the edge of the two contorted rock faces. All along it, their friends and thier digimon were hanging precariously from where they were tied.
"Oh no!" Davis exclaimed, "Guys!"
"Davis! Ashi! Save yourselves!" Kari shouted.
"Come on, you can still escape!" TK called.
"Don't take your eyes off the Emperor!" Cody directed.
"What are you waiting for?!" Tara asked, "RUN!"
"Get a move on, you two!" Azukia called to them.
"I'll be fine." Ashley assure them.
"It's not doing any good for the Digital World, you two standing there!" Emi said.
"What are you waiting for? Save me!" Yolei demanded. Emi sighed.
"Don't worry, we'll think of something!" Davis assured them. Ashi nodded and both ran towards the tethered group.
"Not so fast." The Digimon Emperor drawled. Ashi and Davis stopped and looked at him questioningly, "Your time is almost up. Whoops, time's up."
"Oh no!" Davis and Ashi cried together.
"Awaken, Deltamon!" The Digimon Emperor comanded. At that point, the entire area began to shake as though a terrible earthquake had began. Ashi stumbled, trying to maintain her balance.
"Maybe it's a duckie or a bunny?" Veemon suggested hopefully.
"Probably not!" Rikumon said as the rock face behind the rest of the group crumbled. A huge navy-blue dinosaur, with a metal dinosaur head for one hand and a dinosaur skull for the other roared as it crashed through.
"What is that, Veemon?" Davis asked.
"Deltamon is a dragon type digimon with a metal head for one hand and a skull for the other!" Veemon answered.
"As if he couldn't have seen that for hiself..." Ashi sweatdropped.
"What luck that you all dropped by," The Digimon Emperor continued, "You see, it's Deltamon's dinner time and I think eating all of you will make a well-balanced meal, don't you?"
"Oh no you don'! We'll never let you get away with this!" Davis snapped.
"It appears that you have no choice. If you want me to show mercy, you must BEG for it." The Digimon Emperor said. Davis growled and Ashi looked very worried, "You heard me, losers. On your knees and beg! 'Please, Master, spare my friends!'" Davis sighed dejectedly and slid to his knees.
"Davis?" Ashi asked, uncertain. He glanced up at her.
"Just do it. You want to save Cody, don't you?" Ashi took a step back and then sighed. She got to her knees as well.
"Guys, don't!" Rikumon begged.
"Please, Master, spare our friends." Davis and Ashi said together.
"Please, Master, spare our worthless friends." The Digimon Emperor dictated. Both bowed their heads to the ground.
"Please Master, spare our worhtless friends." Rikumon and Veemon gasped.
"That's excellent!" The Digimon Emperor said, "Now Veemon and Rikumon, restrain them, I command you!"
"Never!" They shouted.
"It's okay, Veemon," Davis told his digimon, "Do what he says."
"You, too, Rikumon." Ashi said.
"What?" Veemon asked.
"Are you sure, Ashi?" asked Rikumon.
"For the others." Davis told them, "If it'll save our friends, obey the Emperor." Veemon winced and placed his foot on Davis'head while Rikumon wrapped her long, flame-tipped tail around Ashi's neck. The Digimon Emperor's shoulder shook with his laughter.
"Seeing you squirm is so delicious." He said. Veemon and Rikumon stood up and moved away from their partners, glaring up at him, "You're so entertaining. Maybe I should take pity on you both."
"Yeah?"
"As you can see, Deltamon has only three mouths, but there are eight children. Therefore you may have five. Sadly, I cannot spare them all. Choose who will be spared."
"So WE have to choose?" Davis asked. Ashi winced, "I can't do it. I don't want to pick any over the others."
"This must be done delicatly," The Digimon Emperor told them, holding a pink sand-timer in his fingers, "You have until the sands run out. And it isn't long, pretty boy and little girl."
"Don't worry about me, Davis!" Kari called to them, "Pick one of the others!"
"Get out of here, guys, go ahead, save yourselves!" TK shouted.
"Don't worry about me, save Kari!" Azukia told him. Tara nodded.
"We'll be okay!"
"Yeah, we'll figure something out!" Emi shouted.
"Oh, sure, make ME look bad!" Yolei snapped, "Fine, don't save me!"
"Whatever you do decide to do, guys, we trust you." said Cody, "So think of something!"
"He's right!" Ashley called. Davis and Ashi looked down, frantic.
"I just don't know what I should do!" Davis said, looking at Ashi who was just as freaked out as him, "The sand is running out! How are we supposed to choose only five of our friends and leave the rest to die?"
"Like sands in the hour glass, so are your friends lives." The Digimon Emperor explained to them.
"I...I just...I just can't do it." Davis said.
"I can't either." Ashi murmered quietly.
"Will you throw all their lives away?" The Digimon Emperor asked, "Is that what you call friendship?"
"They're all our friends!" Davis shouted.
"Yeah, you big bully!" Ashi screamed. Both grabbed thier heads and screamed in frustration, much to the Digimon Emperor's enjoyment. The last grain of sand fell into the bottom of the hourglass.
"And now Digi-Destined, time's up. Time to say goodbye!" The Deltamon roared as it opened all three of its jaws to swallow the rest of them.
"Wait! Take me instead of them!" Davis shouted.
"Me, too!" Ashi said, tears filling her eyes.
"Hm? You think you two can satisfy his hunger? Alright then. Deltamon!" The Deltamon stopped what it was doing and stomped towards Ashi and Cody.
"Guys!" TK shouted.
"Guys, if you've been holding back and are hiding a surprise attack, now would be a good time to yell surprise!" Veemon cried desperatly.
"Uh...Surpirse?" Davis said weakly. The Deltamon stomped forward, a snarl letting loose from its massive jaws. Suddenly one its feet plummeted downwards, causing a huge storm of dust and sand to erupt from the crater it created.
"Huh?" The Digimon Empror said.
"Surprise?" Digmon said as his and Draggamon's forms appeared in the cloud,"It isn't even my birthday!"
"Digmon!" Rikumon cried joyfully. Digmon gave her a wink.
"It's Digmon!" Ashi and Davis called together, relieved smiles lighting up their faces.
"Incoming!" Leodramon, Nefertimon, Halsemon, and Pegasusmon called as they swooped in from above. Ashi, Davis, and their Digimon turned to look at them. Veemon called each of their names as they pass and then the entire group, Azukia riding on Nigeriamon, ran up to where they were standing.
"It's an illusion." TK told them, "We're alright!"
"Much better than the hologram he used the other day." Azukia observed. She dismounted Nigeriamon, who ran off to assist Digmon.
"But if you're here, who's that?" Davis asked, pointing at the line of copies tied to the rock.
"Cody, I'm so glad you're safe." Ashi said. He wrapped his arms around her protectively in response. Just then, all the fake Digi-Destines morphed and became old, pointy-teethed ghosts.
"Ew! Gross!" Yolei said in disgust.
"What are those things?" asked Davis.
"Despite thier obvious dental hygine problems, Bakemon are able to accurately impersonate any other creature!" Veemon said.
"He made the Bakemon look like our friends!" Rikumon snarled, bearing her dazzelingly white teeth.
"I can't believe it!" The Digimon Emperor shouted, "You dumb Bakemon, I had those kids right where I wanted them!"
"It's not my fault." Wormon said as he scuttled up behind him.
"I can't believe you pulled that trick on us!" Davis snapped, "Go get 'im, Veemon!"
"Yeah!" Ashi said, pulling away from Cody, "Let's show him what happens when you're mean like that, Rikumon!"
"It'll be our pleasure!" Veemon said.
"Digi-Armor Energize!"
"Veemon Armor-Digivolve to...Flamedramon, the Fire of Courage!"
"Rikumon Armor-Digivolve to...Mikarimon, the Warrior of Innocence!"
"Bakemon, you fools, attack!" The Digimon Emperor commanded. The Bakemon went flying towards the collection of Digi-Destined in front of them. All the flying digimon hovered in the air, waiting.
"Here they come!" Pegasusmon warned. The Bakemon began to swarm them, flying this way and that.
"They'ree everywhere." Halsemon said, head spinning to keep one in his sights.
"Like Mesquitos." Neferitmon said.
"Although these might be slightly tougher to swat!" Leodramon growled.
"Attack them!" The Digimon Emperor shouted. The Bakemon made large blue fists come out of their tattered arms, pummeling all four of them again and again. The children below gasped.
"The Emperor's controlling them!" TK said, "The Dark Rings the Bakemon are wearing are the key! He's ordering them around like a general leading his army!"
"Didn't you say that earlier today?" Azukia asked. Then realization dawned on her face, "ABOUT KEN?!" No one but Emi and Ashi heard. Their eyes became round as saucers.
"Omigosh!" Ashi said, "You're right!"
"No way!" Emi gasped.
"Not for long!" Davis told TK, "I'm gonna get that guy." Draggamon, Nigeriamon, Mikarimon, Digmon attacked the Bakemon from the ground, trying to get the flying digimon out of the swarm.
"Bakemon, finish them!" The Digimon Emperor shouted, "I have them now."
"NEVER!" Davis shouted, falling out of the sky and straight towards the Digimon Emperor. They both toppled over the rock edge, screaming.
"I'll stay and guard the hill." Wormon called after them. Davis and the Digimon Emperor were sailing down the side of the cliff. The Digimon Emperor's back scrapd across it as he and Davis went bouncing down.
"You tried to take over the Digital World and destroy me!" Davis shouted at him. The Digimon Emperor remained silent, "So I'm taking you with me! You can yourself the Digimon Emperor, what's with that?!"
"I am a genius!" The Digimon Emperor shouted back, "I cannot lose to a child like you!"
"Like me?! You are like me!" They hit the ground and the Digimon Emperor threw Davis off of him. Davis sailed a few feet and managed to land on his knees right in front of the Deltamon, "You're a kid just like us!"
"I think not! Deltamon, Tri-Flex Force!" Each head on the Deltamon created a whirlling blue sphere in its mouth, "Say good bye!" The Digimon Emperor dissolved into laughter.
"Hello."
"Flamedramon!" Davis cried as his friend showed up.
"Why leave so soon?" Flamedramon asked the Digimon Emperor, "The party is just getting started." The Deltamon's attacks combined and were aimed the leaping Flamedramon.
"Fire Rocket!" He launched himself at the Deltamon at the same time Deltamon shot its attack at him. He sawed the attack straight in half.
"Flamedramon!" Davis called, "Aim for the Dark Ring!" Flamedramon ajusted his course slightly a hit, bounding away just as the Dark rings shattered.
"It's working!" TK said. The Bakemon had begun to moan, shaking about in midair, "The Emperor's power over the Bakemon is weakening!"
"It's now or never!" Pegasusmon told the others, "This is our chance to attack!" Halsemon and Nefertimon flew in the other direction while Leodramon and Pegasusmon stayed in place.
"Star Shower!"
"Sky Fire!" Their attacks hit multiple Bakemon, destroying the rings around thier non-existant mid-driffs.
"Target the Control Spire!" Digmon told Nefertimon and Halsemon.
"Tempest Wing!"
"Rosetta Stone!"
"Rock Crackin'." Digmon joined in with them.
"Harmony Lash!"
"Sword Slash!"
"Deathly Tsunami!" The attack struck home.
"They did it!" The group cheered together.
"They sure did!" Davis agreed.
"No!" The Digimon Emperor shouted, "What went wrong? My master plan was invinceble! I see I forgot to enter in that you're one of those 'all or nothing' types. I can't believe the same person made me look like a fool twice in the same day."
"What do ya mean twice?" Davis asked, confused. That's when he noticed the gash in the Digimon Emperor's leg, "Hey, where'd you get that cut on your leg? Wait! Are you? Could you possibly be?"
"I could and I am." Ken Ichijouji stood up and took the sunglasses off of his face, revealing his light blue eyes, "Ken Ichijouji!"
"I'm dreamin'! Ken is the Digimon Emperor?!"
"The one and only. Well, Davis, farewell for now, my worth advesary. Until we meet again-in battle!" He leapt into the air and as if by magic, a dragon-like digimon flew in to catch him. With that, Ken Ichijouji, the Digimon Emperor, was gone, leaving Davis stunned and staring after him.
"I really looked up to you Ken. I dreamed of being just like some day. Now that I know you're my sworn enemy, all I can say is-and I mean this-YOU CAN KEEP YOUR CRUMMY AUTOGRAPH!"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment