Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - The Captive Digimon (Pt.2)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 20 - The Captive Digimon (Pt.2)

Chapter 20 - The Captive Digimon (Pt.2)
"Agumon! Are you okay?" Tai asked, running towards the orange dinosaur as he clambered off the train.
"I'm fine. Tai!" Agumon said as he leapt off the train side and into Tai's arms. Azukia and Nekomon ran up next to them.
"We were so worried!" Azukia said, patting Agumon's head.
"I'm so happy to see you!" Tai cheered, "Give me a great big hug!" He smashed Agumon into his chest. Agumon winced.
"Ouch."
"Did he hurt you?"
"No, you were just squeezing my ribs too hard." He put Agumon down.
"Agumon!" Nekomon exclaimed, throwing her arms around him. Agumon blinked, turned pink, and hugged her back. The two seperated, laughing awkwardly.
"Guys, we should get going." Kari said, "I'm sure the Digimon Emperor will come back for Agumon."
"And where's Emi?" Ashley asked.
"Emi?" Agumon blinked, "Is she missing?"
"Yeah, she's supposed to be with you." Tara said, "Did you not see her?" Agumon shook his head.
"I didn't even know she was there. I was in such a hurry to leave, I guess I didn't check to look if she was around. I'm sorry."
"It's not your fault." Azukia assured him, "You were unconsious when she got kidnapped and you've been controlled the entire time. Still, I think we should leave and make sure Agumon is safe before coming back and getting Emi."
"I...think you're right." TK admitted, "I just hate to think of what Matt's gonna do to me when he finds out I lost her."
"Don't worry about that." Azukia said, "I'll take care of it."
"Thanks, Azukia." TK said, looking relieved."
"Are you kidding me?" Davis demanded, "We all came here to fight! Now you want all of us to turn around and go home?"
"Look, I want to get the guy who captured Agumon just as much as you do," Tai said.
"And we all want to make sure Emi is safe." Ashi piped up.
"But you gotta learn Davis, sometimes ya gotta think with your head and not with your heart." Tai compelted.
"Remember, we're not at full strength." Azukia said, "And Agumon's in not condition to fight. This most important thing right now is to get him to safety."
"You mean we can come back later and get him and find Emi?" Tara asked for clarification.
"Oh yeah." Tai said with a smirk.
******

"How could Agumon have escaped?!" The Digimon Emperor snapped.
"An escape clause in his contract?" Wormon suggested.
"I'm no mood for humor. At least I still have that girl."
"Good, because I need to talk to you about something serious. Master?"
"What?!"
"Oh, uh, I was just thinking that you could use me for your experiments. I mean, I'm a digimon just like Agumon. I could digivolve, too. What do you say?"
"I saw you can forget about it!"
"But Master, please. I've done everything you've asked me to do around here and more. I even cleaned that hair trap thing in the shower." The Digimon Emperor threw back his head and laughed, "Don't laugh."
"And what kind of digimon would you turn into, huh? Prehaps you'd turn yourself into a giant butterfly with scary looking wings? Ha. You're about as useless to me as an old pair of underware that's made out of 100% poison ivy."
"Just give me a chance, Ken, you won't be disappointed."
"And will you stop calling me Ken?! My name is the Digimon Emperor."
"That doesn't sound like a name. More like a title." Emi was standing in the room, leaning against a wall.
"How the heck did you get out?!" The Digimon Emperor demanded.
"Guess I just have skills." Emi said with a shrug.
"All I'm saying is that, with Agumon escaped, I'm all you've got." Wormon said, trying to draw his attention back to him.
"Enough!" The Digimon Emperor said, slinging his whip at Wormon.
"I don't think so." Emi growled, wrapping it around her wrist before it could hit the small green cattipillar. The Digimon Emperor growled and then looked up as movement showed on screen. A line of the Digi-Destined were walking down the train-tracks.
"They're here." He growled, "And they've got Agumon."
He turned to Emi who was still glaring fiercly up at him.
"Well, Miss Ishida, you are going to regret not booking it out of here with your little friend." He drew a Dark Spiral out of his coat, "Because as it is, I'm going to need a little leverage."
******

"And we'll have cookies and ice cream." Tai said, looking back at Agumon, who was riding on his back.
"I want mine with chocolate sprinkles!" Agumon said.
"Me, too! Me, too!" Canimon said as she pulled on the edge of Tara's yellow shirt, "Can I have choclate sprinkles on my ice cream?"
"Canimon, you weren't the kidnapped digimon. You don't get icecream."
"Aw, come on. Please?" She gave Tara her irriestiable puppy eyes. Tara sighed.
"Fine. When we get home, you can have some ice cream and chocolate sprinkes."
"Yay! You're the best Tara!"
"How endearing." Everyone turned to look at where the Digimon Emperor's voice was coming. He was standing a top the cliff overlooking the tracks they were walking on. They collectively gasped.
"It's Ken!" Kari cried.
"Thanks for that, Captain Obvious." said Tara with a roll of her bright green eyes.
"My name is the Digimon Emperor!" He snapped.
"So now you don't want to be called Ken, huh?" Davis asked, "Well how about Kenny or Kenneth?"
"Davis, don't antagonize him." Ashi pleaded.
"You really don't want to make me angry," The Digimon Emperor warned, narrowing his eyes.
"So you're the one who threw Agumon in a cage like a wild animal." Tai said, bending his knees to allow Agumon to clamber off of his back, "And kidnapped Emi."
"You come down here and take your medicine like a man!" Davis shouted.
"You do amuse me so." The Digimon Empror drawled, "I can defeat you just as easily as I defeated Agumon and that pathetic girl."
"Try it!" Tai snapped.
"And where are you keeping Emi?" Azukia demanded.
"Keeping her?" The Digimon Emperor asked, "Why, she's right here." He stepped a bit to the side and revealed Emi standing behind him, eyes glowing red and a Dark Spiral tightly wrapped around her upper arm.
"Hello, losers." She said in a cool, flat voice.
"He's controlling her!" Azukia gasped.
"You should be ashamed of yourself, Ken!" Cody yelled, brandashing a stick upwards at him.
"Yeah, you're the kind of bully that gives bullies a bad name." Ashley shouted. Cody tossed his stick with all of his might, only to have it snapped into pieces by the Digimon Emperor's whip. Seeing that, Ashi grabbed a handful of stones and flung them up at him. The Digimon Emperor merely laughed as he knocked them out of the way.
"You'll have to do better than that, little kids." The Digimon Emperor sneered as a group of large dragon-digimon showed up behind Emi and him. With a flick of his whip, an enormous group of DarkTyranomon lumbered out from behind the rocks and surrounded the group.
"We're surrounded." TK said, taking a step backward.
"Say the words, Davis." Veemon urged.
"You, too, Ashley!" Puppymon chimed in.
"Right!" Davis said while Ashley nodded.
"Digi-Armor Ener-Gize!"
"Veemon Armor Digivolve to...Flamedramon, the Fire of Courage!"
"Puppymon Armor Digivolve to...GoldenWolfmon, the Wings of Integrity!"
"Don't let them have all the fun, guys." Armadillomon told Ashi and Cody. They looked at each other and grinned.
"Digi-Armor Energize!"
"Armadillomon Armor Digivolve to...Digmon, the Drill of Power!"
"Rikumon Armor Digivolve to...Mikarimon, the Warrior of Innocence!"
"Flaming Fist!" Flamedramon cried, breaking two DarkTrynamon's rings without breaking a sweat.
"Golden Thunder Slash!" GoldenWolfmon tore open the vortex again and sent a flurry of thunderbolts every which way. Several hit, breaking the Emperor's control over the enemy digimon.
"Rock Crackin'!" Digmon buried his nose in the ground and several fell into the crevice.
"Sword Slash!" Mikarimon sent several more tumbling in after those.
"They're winning!" The Digimon Emperor shouted.
"What should I do, Master?" Emi asked. But before he could ask, Flamdramon sent a Fire Rockets their way. They leapt into the air with the Dragons and avoided the attack. They landed on the dragon's heads and began to fly off.
"They're tough." Gatomon said.
"I'll say." Patamon agreed.
"But not tough enough." Nekomon hissed.
"Digi-Armor Energize!" Kari, TK, and Azukia exlaimed.
"Gatomon Armor Digivolve to...Nefertimon, the Angel of Light!"
"Patamon Armor Digivolve to...Pegasusmon, Flying Hope!"
"Nekomon Armor Digivolve to...Nigieramon, the Tigress of Harmony!"
"Rosetta Stone!" Nefertimon sent a stream of pink light after them.
"Wind Mane!" Pegasusumon shot needles out of his mane.
"Harmony Lash!" Nigerimon shouted, but her whip fell short of the target.
"Aqua Steed!" This time Pegasusmon's attack hit and Emi and the Digimon Emperor fell to the ground. He managed to land on his feet, she did not.
"Attack!" Agumon cried, rushing forward. Canimon, seeing a chance to leap into action, followed.
"Agumon, wait!" Nigerimon called.
"Agumon!" Tai and Azukia ran after him.
"So, you've come back to me Agumon," The Digimon Emperor said with a smirk, to even looking back as Emi struggled to her feet. He took a Dark Spiral out of his jacket and held it up, "And look, I've got a new friendship bracelet for you." The Spiral glowed red and then he threw it at Agumon, where it clamped around his outstretched arm.
"What is it?" Agumon asked, and then began to writhe on the ground in pain.
"Agumon!" Nigeriamon cried in anguish.
"You are mine again." The Digimon Emperor said in a gloating voice.
"Agumon!" Tai said, but as Agumon turned around, he saw that Agumon's normally intelligent eyes were blank and red, "Are you okay?"
"Look out!" Davis warned, lunging at Tai and forcing him to the ground as Agumon shot a fireball at him.
"He's being controlled again!" Cody cried.
"Who's next?" Ashley asked, standing protectively close to GoldenWolfmon.
"Now Agumon, Dark Digivolve!" The Digimon Emperor comanded.
"Agumon Dark Digivolve to...MetalGreymon!" Nigeriamon bent her head and roared menacingly at the Digimon Emperor. He didn't even flinch. Azukia placed one comforting hand on her flank and shook her head sadly.
"He looks so different." Kari gasped.
"And mean." TK added.
"The Dark Spiral is working pefectly!" The Digimon Emperor gloated, "Agumon is mine again!"
"MetalGreymon, you've got to fight the Emperor's control." Tai pleaded, "It's me, Tai! Don't you recognize me?"
"Tai, it's no good!" Azukia cried, "Whatever that new control divice is, it's more powerful than the Rings."
"Yeah, or Emi would have recognized us and snapped out of it!" Tara called. Tai stared up at MetalGreymon's face.
"What a tense moment." The Digimon Emperor said, "Will he remember you? Will he not? Allow me to answer. MetalGreymon! Attack!"
"Look out!" Davis called, yet again pulling Tai out of the way as MetalGreymon embedded his claw in the place Tai had been only moments before, "Tai, he doesn't recognize you!"
"Nefertimon!" Pegasusmon called, "Help me stop MetalGreymon! Golden Noose!" They wrapped him in a long golden string.
"Don't hurt him." Tai warned.
"He's metal, he'll be fine." Flamedramon assured him. Tai tried to brake out of Davis grasp and run forward.
"Hey!" Davis exclaimed, "Hold it."
"We've got him trapped." Pegasusmon announced.
"Can you get the Dark Spiral?" Nefertimon asked.
"That won't be a problem for old Digmon." Digmon said, "If only he'd stop dancing around."
"Hey, quit it!" Mikarimon said as MetalGreymon stamped from foot to the other.
"Agumon!" Tai cried as he pulled Davis to his digimon. MetalGreymon growled and opened his mouth to reveal his long pointed teeth.
"Okay, we're out of here." Davis said, "Tara, a little help?"
"Right." Tara said, stepping forward to help Davis subdue Tai.
"Let me go!" Tai said as the two teens pulled him backwards.
"I'm still too scared to move." Ashi said.
"I've forgotten how to move." Ashley said, arms around GoldenWolfmon's neck.
"He's trying to break the Golden Noose." Pegasusmon called down.
"Watch it!" Nefertimon warned. MetalGreymon continued to stomp the ground flat.
"Just let me reach him!" Tai told Davis and Tara, still struggling with all of his might to get free.
"The only thing you're reaching is the bottom of his footprint, Tai!" Davis said.
"You'll be of no use to him once you're a pancake." Tara said, "Although you may be delicous with maple syrup." With a final grunt, MetalGreymon broke free of the gold rope that surrounded him. The shockwave sent Nefertimon and Pegasusmon tumpling through the air. Two of the parts of his chest armor opened up. Understanding what was about to happen, the kids scattered. Nefertimon and Pegasusmon came down to hover with Digmon, Flamedramon, Mikarimon, Nigeriamon, and GoldenWolfmon.
"Giga-Blaster!" The torpedos exploded in a cloud of smoke. The Digimon Emperor laughed derisively.
"With the new Dark Spirals, I will control the whole Digital World!" When the smoke cleared, he and Emi were standing atop MetalGreymon's head, "See you later, Digi-Fools. And say good bye to your friend and your pet Agumon- for good!" All the Digimon faded back into their original forms, staring after it. Nekomon's eyes began to fill with tears.
"Agumon..." Tai murmered as he soared off.
"With the Dark Spirals and MetalGreymon I am invicible!"
"Emi!" TK shouted after her.
******

"MetalGreymon is the missing piece I need." The Digimon Emperor wasn't talking to Emi, although she was standing behind him, completely entranced. Greymon was smashing every rock formation they came across as they flew away, "There is nothing that can stop me now!"
******

"That kid is just begging to get beat up!" Davis snapped as the Digimon Emperor and his entourage faded into the distance.
"But how can we beat him?" Cody asked.
"I let Agumon down just when he needed me the most." Tai said, looking down, "And I-" A clatter from the tracks caused him to break off.
"It's Yolei and Hawkmon!" Kari cried.
"And Matt!" Tara exclaimed.
"And Matt..." TK said, looking depressed.
"I'm sorry about not coming before." Yolei apologized as they came to a stop.
"That's okay." Ashi said with a small smile, "We knew you'd show up eventually."
"Well it's a good thing she did say or I never would have found you all." Matt said, jumping out of the train compartment, "Why don't you feel me in on what's happened until now. Hey...where's Emi." Azukia sighed and stepped forward.
"She's gone, Matt." He looked at her, mouth agape, "It's not TK's fault. She was trying to protect Coronamon and the Digimon Emperor got here instead."
"But let's start from the beginning." Tara said, launching into the tale.
******

"So it certainly sounds like you all had a full day." Matt said after Tara had finished explaining, "But you shouldn't have thought I was going to get upset with you, TK. I'm sad that Emi is gone, but I would have understood it wasn't your fault. And I'm sorry to hear that Agumon has been captured as well."
"That's right..." Tai said in a monotone, staring off into the distance, "And it's all my fault."
"Tai?" Matt asked, striding up to him.
"Huh?" Tai asked, looking up. That was when Matt balled up his fist and punched Tai full on in the face.
"Hey, why are you hitting him?" Davis demanded.
"You're supposed to be friends!" Ashi cried.
"And friends don't fight friends unless they're on a boxing team and that's a whole different story!" Ashley called. The area dissolved into demands as to why Matt would have a reason to smash Tai's face in. Azukia rolled her eyes, placed her whistle to her lips, and blew as hard as she could. Everyone stopped, hands over their ears, to glare at Azukia.
"I'm sure Matt has a good reason." She said, staring at them through narrowed eyes, "Now why don't we all shut up and listen?"
"Are you all right?" Matt asked, extendeding his hand to Tai.
"You're right." Tai said as he took Matt's hand and was pulled to a standing position, "Thanks Matt. I needed that."
"Sure, any time. I'll do it again."
"I really appreciate that. I know that I was just blaming myself for something that was completely out of my control. It also won't help if I just stand here and feel sorry for myself. (A/N: Lawlz! I just realized Matt is taller than Tai! XD) Now we need to focus on getting my friend and your sister back."
"Okay, but we need to be willing to fight both of them at full strenght." Matt said, "I'm sure they would rather be defeated by us than remain a slave to the Digimon Emperor."
"You're right." Tai agreed, "In the future when we battle the Digimon Emperor, we have to prepared to face our friends. So...I don't really know how to say this..."
"Let me handle this, Tai." Gatomon said, turning to the line of digimon, "Everyone, the next time you see Agumon- TRASH HIM! Understand?! I can't hear you!"
"Okay!" They chorused, although Nekomon only half-heartedly.
"Defeat Agumon!" TK cheered, "And save Emi! I can't belive that first part actually came out of my mouth."
"Yeah!" Yolei exclaimed, "Let's all get our friends back!" The sun set behind them as they boarded the train back to the real world.
"I've never traveled by sailing train-car!" Tai said.
"That's how all the important people travel." Kari said. As they all looked forward at the sunset, Azukia placed her hand over Tai's.
"Whatever happens," She said, "I'll be there. Every step of the way." Tai blushed faintly and then smiled.
"Thanks 'Kia. That means a lot."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment