Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 22 - Storm of Friendship, Claws of Harmony (Pt.20

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 22 - Storm of Friendship, Claws of Harmony (Pt.20

Chapter 22 - Storm of Friendship, Claws of Harmony (Pt.20
"Patamon!"
"Nekomon!" Azukia and TK leapt forward, racing to get to their friends.
"Watch out!" Tai shouted, tackling them both to the ground seconds before MetalGreymon's claws struck them. A roar from above announced Garurumon's presence. He leapt into the air and within two seconds had snatched Nekomon and Patamon away and destroyed Flymon's Dark Ring.
"Nice going!" Matt said, running up as Garurumon landed on the ground.
"Garurumon! You came just in time!" Tai said. Garurumon opened his mouth, revealing Nekomon and Patamon.
"TK!" Patamon cheered, leaping into TK's arms.
"Azukia!" Nekomon cried, racing up to Azukia, who bundled her safely into her arms.
"How do you feel?" TK asked Patamon.
"A bit like a used piece of dental floss, but otherwise fine!"
"Yeah, Garurumon! Brush those things." Nekmon teased as Azukia set her on the ground and Gotsumon set about hugging her.
"I can't believe those two. They actually risked their lives to save their digimon. Emi did, too. What a friend." Davis said, staring at the reunion.
"Would you try to protect me if I was in danger, Davis?" Flamedramon asked.
"Uh...maybe."
"Maybe? Maybe?! What about definitly?!"
"I know Tara would definitly do it for me." Draggamon said. Tara looked up and laughed.
"You bet!"
"Oh, you guys are gonna make me cry." The Digimon Emperor snapped, "If you really want a test of your friendship, I'll be more than happy to give you one. Prepare for the fight of your life."
"Get ready, Ashley!" GoldenWolfmon warned, crouching down so she would be ready to pounce of necessary. Ashley clambered onto GoldenWolfmon's back.
"MetalGreymon!" The Digimon Emperor yelled, "Attack!"
"MetalGreymon, what do you think you're doing?" Tai asked, "Don't you recognize me? I'm your friend!"
"Garurumon and I are going to try and get those rings of MetalGreymon and Emi." Matt said, already seated atop Garurumon. They took a few quick paces forward and leapt backward as MetalGreymon's foot tried to ground them into the dirt.
"Smash them like a bug!" The Digimon Emperor commanded.
"Garurumon, that was close." Matt said, "But we've got to attack him with all of our strength."
"But I'm afraid of hurting MetalGreymon." Garurumon protested.
"I'm afraid we have no choice. If we don't use all of our power, he'll crush us like grapes. Isn't that right, Tai?"
"Yeah. Got get him!" Tai said.
"But what about Matt?" Davis asked.
"It's time to bring in the cavelry!" Cody announced, "Digi-Armor Energize!"
"Let me help, Azukia." Nekomon said, whirling around to face her partner.
"Are you sure?" Azukia asked, looking uncertain.
"Of course." Nekomon said, a determined glint in her eyes.
"Well, if you're sure...Digi-Armor Energize!"
"Armadillomon Armor Digivolve to...Digmon, the Drill of Power!"
"Nekomon Armor Digivolve to...Nigeriamon, the Tigress of Harmony!"
"Digi-Armor Energize!" Kari and Ashi called, joining in.
"Gatomon Armor Digivolve to...Nefertimon, the Angel of Light!"
"Rikumon Armor Digivolve to...Mikarimon, the Warrior of Innocence!"
"Gold Rush!" Digmon sent his drills directly towards the Dark Spiral around MetalGreymon's arm. He dodged with ease, considering his bulk.
"Harmony Lash!" Nigeriamon's attack was dodged as well.
"Rosetta Stone!"
"Sword Slash!"
"Deathly Tsunami!"
"Tempest Wing!" Halsemon's was the only one that actually hit, cracking the armor on MetalGreymon's chest, causing him to writhe in pain.
"Sorry." Halsemon apologized to Tai as he landed.
"You did what you had to do. Don't worry about it." Tai assured him. While MetalGreymon was distracted, Garurumon and Matt had managed to jump up and get Garurumon's jaws around the Spiral. MetalGreymon growled as he tried to get them off. They fell off, but Garurumon immideatly attacked with Howling Blaster.
Nigeriamon, Azukia now riding on her back, tried to get it off as well, with similar results. Nigeriamon growled as they fell to the ground.
"Are you okay, Azukia?" She asked.
"Fine." Azukia said.
"MetalGreymon, I'm sorry." Matt called, "We're just doing this for Friendship!"
"And the Harmony of the team!" Azukia added. MetalGreymon's only response was to pound his foot into the ground, causing the two digimon to leap up into the air to dodge it.
"Come on Davis! You and Ashley should be helping us!" Tai shouted. Ashley looked uncertain.
"Are you sure you want us to hurt him?" She asked, "I'm not sure if I could handle it if it was GoldenWolfmon!"
"I would WANT you to, Ashley!" GoldenWolfmon said, "Now let's get in there." Ashley shook her head, tears filling her eyes. GoldenWolfmon sighed and turned back to Puppymon.
"Aren't you going to help them, Davis?" Flamedramon demanded.
"I just...can't!" Davis said, "I can't risk hurting MetalGreymon!"
"You don't understand the first thing about friendship." Flamedramon snapped, turning back into Veemon.
"Veemon..." Davis murmured, "Oh no!"
"I'm sorry Puppymon..." Ashley whispered. MetalGreymon's claw flew at them and the two teenagers dived out of the way.
"You two have go to fight! How can you just stand there while he tries to hurt us?" Veemon snapped. Puppymon's eyes looked up at Ashley, full of hurt.
"Until MetalGreymon is stopped, we can't be at peace, Ashley." She said quietly.
"What do you guys want?" Davis asked, "We don't want to hurt anybody."
"But maybe...maybe we're hurting people more by not hurting MetalGreymon." Ashley said.
"It's not about what you want to do, it's about what you HAVE to do- for friendship and for the health of the team!" Tai shouted.
"That's right." Matt said as he and Azukia trundled up on top of their digimon.
"Ashley, I know it's hard for you," Azukia said, "But sometimes you have to hurt the people you love because it's the best thing for them."
"Friendship..." Davis repeated.
"Harmony..." Ashley added.
"Don't worry, Agumon!" Matt called, "We're going to try and remove the rings one more time!"
"Matt, Garurumon, Azukia, Nigeriamon- Do your best." Tai said. Both nodded and went leaping towards the Rings bound to MetalGreymon's arms. The Digimon hung by their teeth and claws, doing their best to get them off.
"They all have such a deep bond with their digimon." Davis said, "Much deeper than I could have ever expected."
"It must have taken a lot out of Tai to say we had no other choice than to attack MetalGreymon." Ashley agreed. Azukia and Matt were tossed aside yet again, and MetalGreymon raised his huge foot to stomp the ground another time. Veemon and Puppymon gasped in shock, but Patamon came at the nick of the time.
"I've got you guys!" He called, taking one in each hand. After a breif flight, he deposited them on the ground.
"Thanks, we owe you one." Veemon chirped. Puppymon nodded her agreement.
"Don't worry, I'm keeping track." Patamon assured them.
"Veemon...are you okay?" Davis asked.
"Puppymon, are you hurt?" Ashley called.
"They are, but no thanks to you two." TK said, stepping into their line of vision, "Patamon risked his life to same them and all you did was sit there and watch." Davis hung his head and Ashley's eyes filled to the brim with tears.
"Veemon, I'm you're friend!" Davis shouted at the top of his lungs.
"Puppymon, I love you more than anything in the world!" Ashley yelled. Suddenly, both of their digivices began to glow blue. The eggs in the pit started to as well. Both stopped their screaming to look.
"This is new..." Davis said.
"It's never happened to you either?" Ashley asked, also puzzled.
"Their digivices are reacting to the Digi-Egg!" Cody gasped. The eggs suddenly lifted upwards and began to float towards the two startled teenagers.
"What's it doing?" Kari asked as it floated by.
"Maybe Davis has some sort of Digi-Egg magnet in his pocket?" Tara suggested.
"Look, they stopped right in front of you." Veemon said, walking up to where Ashley and Davis were sitting. Puppymon bounded up as well, cocking her head side to side as she observed the Digi-Egg of Harmony, "It's your Digi-Egg of Friendship, Davis."
"And your Digi-Egg of Harmony, Ashley!" Puppymon exclaimed, bouncing up and down with excitement.
"Really?" They asked together, looking at their Digimon and then back to the eggs.
"But Davis and Ashley already have eggs. Besides, Azukia has the Digi-Egg of Harmony." Cody pointed out, "So how can they have two?"
"I think it means that Veemon and Puppymon can become twice as powerful." Ashi said, "Maybe we can win now!"
"How cool is that?" Veemon asked.
"Too cool!" Puppymon cheered.
"Let's try it out." Davis said, getting to his feet. Ashley followed suit, grinning as Puppymon bounced excitedly in a circle around her.
"Digi Armor Energize!"
"Veemon Armor Digivolve to...Raidramon, the Storm of Friendship!"
"Puppymon Armor Digivolve to...HarmonicWolfmon, the Claws of Harmony!"
Raidramon was a large black, wolf like creature with a blue tail and spikes. A huge lightening bolt came out of his head and his feet had three sharp grey claws coming out of them.
HarmonicWolfmon took the appearance a human women with blonde hair with two pointed ice-blue dog ears sticking out of it. Two pale-gold wings took up the expanse of her back. She was wearing a simple ice blue dress with white ribbons around her arms making her sleeves. Flowers similar to the ones snaking up the side of Ashley's tank-top were stitched to the side of the dress and the golden headband in her hair had the Creast of Harmony engraved all over it.
"Wow, HarmonicWolfmon..." Ashley said, stunned, "You're gorgeous." HarmonicWolfmon gave a dazzling smile.
"Finally, some people that can stand up the Emperor." Cody said.
"Raidramon and HarmonicWolfmon!" Ashi cheered, "She really is beautiful." The Digimon Emperor gasped.
"MetalGreymon, show them who's in charge here!" MetalGreymon shot out two giga-blasters in response. Raidramon and HarmonicWolfmon dodged.
"Blue Thunder!" Blue electricity crackled off of Raidramon's horn, flying off with a red expanse in the center. It stuck the Dark Spiral in the center.
"Gotcha!" Davis cheered, but the Spirals remained.
"It's no use!" Matt shouted, "It won't come off." The Digimon Emperor laughed.
"Your weak attacks make me laugh. Give up yet?" HarmonicWolfmon growled.
"Harmony Shot!" HarmonicWolfmon started spinning around and around in the air and then suddenly stopped, arms spared wide. Golden Hearts began flying out of her chest in every direction, exploding into beautiful, fire work like patterns were they didn't hit anything. Several hit MetalGreymon's Dark Spiral and several more hit Emi's, but neither Spiral cracked.
"There has to be a way to get through to them some how." Tai said.
"Don't worry, Tai, we won't give up." Matt assured him, "We'll get him back for you."
"And we'll get Emi, too." Azukia said, "Remember my promise last night. And I never back down on my promises, Tai."
"Davis, Ashley. This is a team effort, alright?" Matt asked, "All four of us are going to attack him at the same time. We need you guys."
"Right." Ashley said, looking more confident than she had in ages. HarmonicWolfmon smiled.
"I'm not sure..." Davis said, trailing off."
"Remember, this time you're going to do things the right way." TK reminded him.
"How can I?" Davis asked.
"We must fight together." Raidramon said, "You, me, Ashley, and HarmonicWolfmon."
"Together we can do greater things than when we are alone." HarmonicWolfmon said serenely.
"Right!" Davis said, suddenly determined, "All of this time, I've been focusing on what's right for me and not what's right for the team. Well you guys can count on me now."
"Let's go!" Matt urged.
"Time is of the essence," Azukia said, eyes wide with implication. Davis nodded and climbed aboard Raidramon.
"You can't ride me in this form." HarmonicWolfmon told Ashley apologetically.
"That's okay. Go do your best!" Ashley said, and then added, "Make sure Azukia stays safe."
"I'm perfectly capable of doing that without some mutt's help." Nigeriamon grumbled.
"Right, Matt and Davis: go for MetalGreymon. HarmonicWolfmon, you and I will go after Emi's."
"Right! Ready, Raidramon?" Davis asked, "Let's give it our best shot!" And away the four of them went.
"Howling Blaster!"
"Blue Thunder!" The attacks hit and jolted Emi and the Digital Emperor around. Everyone waited with baited breath to see if the Spiral would crumbled. Seconds later it, did.
"Right! Now it's our turn!" Azukia said.
"Harmony Lash!"
"Harmony Shot!" The two Harmony digimon attacks hit home. Everyone stared and then Emi's rings followed suit.
"Look, it's off!" Tara cheered, pointing to the where the Dark Spirals had been moments before.
"WHAT?!" The Digimon Emperor shouted, absolutely livid. MetalGreymon glowed yellow-orange for a moment and reappeared as Agumon. Emi fell to the ground as the Dragon's soared away with Ken, not bothering to pic her up.
"Emi!" Matt and TK rushed towards her. She struggled into a semi-standing position and looked around blearily.
"Where...where am I?"
"Sorry we had to attack you, Agumon!" Tai cried, running to Agumon and throwing his arms around his neck. Agumon blinked and then returned the hug.
"I'm sorry, too."
"I'm sorry that you're sorry."
"Well I'm sorry that you're sorry that I'm sorry!"
"Hey, here's an idea," Tai said, eyes filling with tears, "I'll stop being sorry and you stop being sorry, too, okay?"
"Sorry."
"Guys, what are you doing?" Emi asked as Matt and TK hugged her at the same time. Not use to so much affection, the girl turned an interesting shade of pink and struggled to get them off, "I'm fine, I swear." Matt and TK let go. She smiled at them and then threw one arm around each of them, "It's so good to be back."
Meanwhile, most of the others were crowded around Raidramon, Davis, HarmonicWolfmon, and Ashley.
"You guys saved the day." Kari said, "We thought you two were awesome!"
"Yeah, and HarmonicWolfmon is gorgeous!" Ashi said.
"I wonder if Canimon will get a second Digi-Egg..." Tara wonder out-loud.
"Raidramon and HarmonicWolf were wonderful, too." said Yolei. Davis groaned.
"Are you sick?" Kari asked.
"What's the matter with him?" asked TK.
"I don't know," answered Cody, "But I'm getting out of here before he throws up." Azukia and Matt swooped in and attack Ashley and Davis with compliments.
"Davis, you saved the day!" Matt said, leaping onto Raidramon's back and mussing up Davis' hair, "And you didn't lose a single hair."
"Well, not yet." Davis laughed.
"Like sister like sister!" Azukia exclaimed, wrapping her arms around Ashley in a bear hug, "I always knew you had a bit harmony in there somewhere!"
"Azukia....can't....breathe!" Ashley gasped, frantically tyring to get free.
******

"I can't believe they managed to defeat my new Dark Spirals!" The Digimon Emperor raged, "I'm just going to have to make them even more powerful!"
"Ken, can I drive for a bit?" Wormon asked, "You said once we conquered the Digital World that I could drive. So can I?"
"How many times do I have to tell you not to talk when I'm thinking?! And I am always thinking so never talk! Why are evil genisus always surrounded by idiots?"
******

"Okay, so we managed to get Agumon and Emi back safely, but Ken's still out there," Izzy said. They were all back in the real world, and the setting sun was sending streams of crimson light through the windows, "Tentomon, I need you to be a spy and find out what he's up to."
"The name's Mon, Tentomon." Tentomon said with a wave before blipping off screen.
"Whoah, two Digi-Eggs! It's so cool!" Davis said, throwing his arm around Ashley who was also looking at the two egg-shapes on her communicator. Ashley turned bright red.
"Ashley, Davis, thanks for saving Agumon. You guys are good friends." Tai said.
"Us? Friends?" Davis asked, pointing at himself and Ashley.
"Of course!" Matt said, giving Davis a noogie, "You guys are officially part of the team now. Time for a noogie."
"Hey, did you guys see that?" Davis ask, striding over to where the rest of the group as standing, "I got a noogie. That means I'm one of the guys now."
"I have a question!" Demiveemon exclaimed, "If you're one of the guys now, does that mean you use to be one of the girls, and how come you never told me about it? I'd really like you to make up your mind."
"Okay, that's it!" Davis shouted, picking up Demiveemon and shaking him side to side.
"Ashley, does that mean you used to be a boy?" Puppymon asked, "'Cause that would be really weird because you've always looked like a girl to me!" Ashley turned a deeper red and shook her head.
"Davis isn't the only one who has stuff to learn." Azukia commented.
"Great! Teach me!" Davis begged.
"That's okay, that's enough for one day." Matt advied, "Let's just take it one step at a time."
"Beginning with a noogie!" Kari exclaimed.
"Right." Davis said, extending his head towards Matt. The group laughed.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment