Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 27 - The Samurai of Sincerity, the Blade of Belief (Pt.1)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 27 - The Samurai of Sincerity, the Blade of Belief (Pt.1)

Chapter 27 - The Samurai of Sincerity, the Blade of Belief (Pt.1)
The inside of simply huge house was filled with teenagers, all clinking glasses together and chatting. "Mimi sure does throw great parties." "Yeah, Mimi throws the best parties." "Hey, wanna dance?" "Great, let's go!"
Mimi herself was standing by the door, acting as hostess as she noramally did. One girl and her mother thanked her for a great time and waved goodbye. Once they were gone, Mimi ran down the steps towards a man in a red corvet.
"Daddy!"
******

Other than Izzy and Azukia, the computer room at the middle school was empty. Izzy had taken off his green school jacket, revealing the white dress shirt underneath it, and was pacing the room.
"I just don't get it." He said allowed.
"What a surprise." Azukia muttered, rolling her green eyes. Izzy ignored her.
"We've never been able to travel to the Digital World before without our digivices or D3s, but somehow Kari did. And not only did she not have her D3, but she was transported there without using any gate. There must be something special about Kari that we're not aware of."
"I've always said Kari was special." Azukia said, waving her hand in the air, "But not exactly like that. Maybe it has something to do with her trait? I mean, light isn't exactly an attribute and the rest of ours are."
"Hm-" Izzy began, but was cut off when the computer beeped, "It's from Yolei."
Azukia and Izzy looked each other up and down and then lunged simultaneously towards the computer. Somehow Izzy won and began to type back.
Azukia was in a bad mood. She had been coralled into staying in the real world with Izzy instead of going with the group. She folded her arms and grumbled as Izzy read the e-mail aloud.
There are two digi-egg readings nearby. We're going to keep cooking.

"Cooking?" Izzy typed back, "Well, whatever your making, save some for me!"
Sorry it was a typo. We're going to keep looking.

Yolei wrote back.
"That sounds good. There are no Control Spires in that area, so feel free to take your time."
"I'm bored!" Azukia shouted. Izzy turned to look at her.
"Good. Now you know how I feel when you go off without me and leave me here to look after things."
"Izzy. I really don't like you sometimes."
"Same here." The computer beeped and they stared at each other a moment longer. Without warning, Azukia stood up and pushed Izzy out of the way, taking control of the computer.
"A Digi-Port has opened in America." She announced as Izzy got up, rubbing his side and glaring daggers at her.
"Hey wait. Mimi lives there." Izzy said, looking over her shoulder.
"Very good." Azukia said, raising her eyebrows and talking in a baby voice, "Now what's one plus one?"
"I hate you."
"I know. Anyway, it's not even morning there yet, so we can't call her."
"Duh. Send her an e-mail."
"Right!"
******

"Urgh, I can walk another step." Veemon groaned, flopping to the ground, "I gotta eat something now."
"Yeah, I'm gettin' kind hungry, too." Davis said, rubbing his stomach.
"But we're very close to finding the new digi-eggs." Yolei pointed out.
"Since Ashley and Davis both have two now, that means any of the rest of us can get one." Ashi said cheerfully.
"Once we find those eggs, I'm gonna eat them." Armadillomon said.
"Scrambled or over easy?" Rikumon joked.
"You'll do no such thing." Hawkmon sighed, "Besides, your cholestarol is too high."
"If Armadillomon doesn't eat them, I call 'em!" Coronamon said, licking his whiskers.
"No eating the egg!" Canimon snapped, smaking the lion over the head, "What if it's Tara's?"
Kari laughed and Gatomon shrugged.
"Well, if we want to eat, we'll have to go back." Kari said.
"Sounds good to me." Davis groaned.
"Hey guys, look over here!" TK called. He and Emi, along with Patamon, were standing on the shore of the lake. Both were pointing across the way, "At the edge of the lake! I think it's a restraunt!"
"No way!" Tara said, rushing over, "They have restraunts here?"
"Wait...does a digital restraunt ring any bells for anyone else?" Emi said, trying to remember. The rest of the team didn't hear her however, and merely got to their feet and cheered.
******

Once everyone was finished, a groan echoed throughout the restraunt, along with the clanking of silverware being placed on plates.
"Ah, that was delcious!" Veemon and Davis said together, rubbing their bellies. Puppymon and Ashley, who were sharing a booth with him, smiled and nodded.
"I've never been so full!" They chorused.
"I am recomending this place to all of my friends!" Yolei exclaimed. She was sharing a booth with Cody, Ashi, and their digimon. "Yeah, me too!" Cody agreed.
"Guys, we don't know anyone else with a digivice." Ashi pointed out, giggling.
"There's something about this place that doesn't seem quite right." TK said. He was sharing a booth with Kari, Gatomon, and Patamon.
"Really?" Tara asked from the booth behind them where she, Emi, Canimon, and Coronamon were sitting.
"Yeah, me too." Emi said with a frown.
"What?" Kari asked.
"I don't know." TK answered, "I feel like I've been here before. And it wasn't good."
"That's what I've been saying." Emi pointed out, taking an ice cube out of her cup and popping it in her mouth.
"Maybe you came and ordered the wrong thing." Kari said.
"Excuse me, Waiter?" Yolei called, "We're ready for our check now."
"Okay, hold your horses!" The waiter grumbled, coming around to the asile between their booths. He was a large egg with a crack in the center showing his yellow eyes and with two green dinosaurs legs with pink tonails coming out the bottom of the shell, "Afterall, I've only got one shell!"
The group got up and wandered to the front of the building, coversing and much more cheerful and energetic now that they had food in their stomachs. Yolei went to the counter and pulled out her wallet.
"What's our bill come to?" She asked the egg-digimon.
"Eighty-Seven Digi-Dollars," He answered, "Plus tip."
"Huh?" Yolei gasped, hand freezing over her wallet.
"What's the matter?" The digimon asked with an unseen smile, "Don't have any money?"
"Oh, we don't have Digi-Dollars." Yolei explained, "But we do have-"
"We don't take that."
"Huh? But our money is just as good."
"Geeze, sister! We only take Digi-Dollars!" The digimon snapped. The rest of the group meandered over to see what was going on.
"What's the hold up?" TK asked, Patamon perched atop his white bucket hat.
"He won't take my money." Yolei told him.
"Uh-oh." Davis said, "That's not good."
"I see you're being your usual blunt self." Kari said.
"Yolei is always that way." Emi said.
"I'm just trying to be honset." Yolei said, turning to the waiter. He glared at her.
"I think you kids are trying to skip out on the bill!"
"I told you, we have $87!" Yolei snapped, brandishing her pink wallet at him.
"Yolei, calm down!" Ashi pleaded.
"Only Digi-Dollars!" He repeated, "Or Digi-Credit!"
"That's it, I'm not recommending this restraunt to anyone!"
"Good, I don't want any Human World dead-beats in here! No wonder the French destest tourists!" The Digimon snapped. A vein popped out of Yolei's head and she began to growl, "Now are you going to work off your bill or do I have to call the cops?"
"No! Not the cops!" Ashley said, voice rising ever so slightly with panic.
"I think I've heard something like this before." TK said, staring at the fight.
"Me, too." Emi said, cocking her head to one side.
"If we work here we'll be late getting home." Cody said. Armadillomon was clinging to the back of his head.
"Can't we just pay the next time we're here?" asked Davis.
"There won't be a next time! You aren't allowed in here ever again!" The Egg-Digimon placed one dinosaur like foot on the cash-register and stood on the coutner, "Now get in the kitchen and start washing dishes or I'll-"
"Fear not!" Came a new voice, "I will pay their bill!" The group turned to see who the new voice belonged to. Yolei's eyes were immediatly replaced by hearts.
"Oh wow! Prince Charming!"
"Who are you?" Kari asked the boy. He and wavy blonde hair that went to his ears, blue eyes, and was wearing a light green shirt.
"This is Michal." Mimi's head popped up from behind the boy, "He's a friend of mine I brought with me from America!"
"It's Mimi!" The group said together.
"Oh Mimi, it's so good to see you again!" Yolei gushed.
"What brings you to the Digital World?" Tara asked.
"Azukia sent me an e-mail saying that there was a Digi-Port open in America." Mimi explained, "So I thought it would be a great opportunity to come visit everyone. And since Michal is such a good friend of mine, I brought him along."
"And I want everyone here to say 'hello' to a good friend of mine, too." Palmon said. She was standing next to a squat green aquatic digimon with blue stripes, a pale mint-green underbelly, and an orange fin jutting out of the top of its head.
"Please to meet you." The Digimon said, bowing its head politely, "My name's Betamon.
"Betamon are really cool. He lives in the water and uses his Beta Slugger attack to wipe out his enemies." Palmon informed the rest of the group.
"So Palmon, are you sure that it's okay you're here?" Kari asked.
"Yeah, what about the area you were protecting?" asked TK.
"No problem." Palmon answered, "Tentamon said he'd watch out for it if I brought him back a suvinor T-shirt."
"I don't understand something Mimi." said Yolei.
"Big surprise." Emi muttered.
"Be nice." Ashi muttered back.
"How were you able to bring Michal to the Digital World?" Yolei finished.
"Oh, that's easy." Mimi said, placing her hands on her hips, "I forgot to tell you. Michal has a digivice just like us!"
"Huh?" The group chorused. Michal held up his own Old-Style digivice as proof.
"Wait a minute!" Davis said, "If he has a digivice then he's a Digi-Destined.
"Very good Davis. Did you figure that out all by yourself?" Tara asked, one black eyebrow raised.
"That's right." Mimi said, "And his digivice is the same as mine and the other's. So he became a Digi-Destined in America at the same time our original group did in Japan." The group went back to sit at their booths, the encounter with the Egg Digimon all but forgotten by everyone but Ashi.
"Tell us something, Michal." Davis said, his chin leaning on his hands as he looked onto Mimi, Cody, Yolei, and Michal's booth, "Are there other Digi-Destined in America?"
"How did you become a Digi-Destined?" asked Cody.
"And tell me you're single!" Yolei cried.
"Wha?" The boys said, turning to her. Emi face palmed.
"All I know is that four summers ago when I saw Gorillamon in New York, I thought it was simply another ape climbing the Empire State Building." Michal began.
"That's the same time Myotismon was taking over Tokyo." Ashley said. She looked a bit sad. Afterall, it was around that time that Myotismon had killed her mother, even though Ashley hadn't known her very well.
"Ashley is right." Kari said, wrapping an arm around her friend.
"My that's strange." said Michal, "I wonder if that means we all had an encounter with the digimon at the exact same time."
"It's possible." Cody said, "That was when Ashi and I were on that air plane that had to make an emergency landing in the water. We didn't know it then, but that's when we saw our first digimon.
"Oh yeah. I remember that." said Ashi, "It looked sort of like a giant bug."
"I remember that summer." Davis said, looking up, "I was being held at the Convention Center by those Bakemon."
"I wish it was as terrifying for me as it was for you guys, but nothing happened." Yolei said, "Although I did send a bunch of e-mails during the battle with Dioboromon."
"Well, I'm a Digi-Destined because I was last time." Tara said with a shrug, "I just didn't remember."
"What about you, Ashley?" TK asked, "You weren't in Tokyo, were you?" Ashley shook her head.
"No. But I did watch it on TV. My aunt couldn't see the digimon, but I could." She said, "And when my Aunt told me mom was dead...I knew what had happened.
"So digimon were always involved somehow." Mimi said.
"It's like we're all connected." Palmon said cheerfully.
"There's still one question." The waiter said, stomping up to them, "WHO'S GOING TO PAY THE BILL?!"
"Don't worry about it." Michal said serenly, "Lunch is on me."
"That's it!" TK exclaimed, "Now I remember where I saw him. He used to be one of Myotismon's henchmen. He made Matt and Joe work in the kitchen here."
"Yeah," Emi said, realization dawning on her face, "And he got real mad when Matt asked if he could get half-price on his meals." They all got up and Michal walked to the cash register with his wallet.
"I can't believe he used to be one of the bad guys." Yolei said, staring at the waiter.
"Alright, I admit it, I was a rotten egg." The digimon said, blushing, "But that was in the past. After the Dark Masters were all defeated, I knew I needed to get out of my shell. I'm a whole new Digmon!"
"We're all very proud of you since you turned over a new leaf." Kari said.
"Don't you feel a lot better about yourself?" asked Mimi.
"Being evil is hard." Emi said in agreement.
"Now that you mention it, it is kind of nice making an honest living." The Digimon said.
"Great!" Tara said, giving him a thumbs up.
"It seems to me like you're still one of the bad guys after the way you treated me." Yolei said. The group turned to look at her.
"Come on, Yolei." Mimi said, "Everyone gets a little cranky. If he says he's changed, I belive him.
"Besides, you have to pay him." Ashi said, "How else would he make a living?"
"I guess you guys are right." Yolei admitted.
"Sometimes it's easier to get cranky with you." TK told her.
"I'm sorry about how I treated you last time." The Digimon said.
'So he had a change of heart, huh?' Yolei thought, 'It didn't seem like that when he was yelling at us for trying to eat and run. I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.'
"It's okay, Digitamamon." Yolei said aloud, "I'm sure you're not a total loser anymore."
"Huh?" Digitamamon said, looking up, "I don't want your pity, I want your money! Fork it over now!"
"Huh?" Yolei stammered, stepping back.
"That's not nice!" Ashi shouted, "Leave her alone! She was forgiving you for being a jerk and you just did the same thing again!"
"Woah, calm down, Digitamamon." Mimi said, "She was just trying to make you feel better. Right Yolei?"
"Um...yeah." Yolei said, looking down.
"Besides, we always intended to pay the bill," Tara said, "If you were more patient, we probably could have avoided this whole thing."
"You're right, I'm sorry." Digitama apologized, "My brains have been scrambled lately. I need to look at the sunny side. I've got my job, I've got my health, and some day I might even have friends. Tell you what, forget the bill. It's on me."
"You know, Mimi, I admire you because no matter who you meet, you bring out the best in everyone. You're really special." Michal said, turning to speak with Mimi.
"Plus I saved you some Digi-Dollars." said Mimi. They both laughed.
"Looks like someone has a crush on Mimi!" Davis taunted. Yolei scowled. Then the ground beneath them and the entire restraunt shook, "It must be an earthquake! Run!" The entire gang rushed out of the building.
"Over there!" Emi shouted, pointing to where a group of trees were moving. An enormous silver ape with a cannon for one arm roared as it exploded from the foilage.
"It's Gorillamon!" Michal shouted, "Gorillamon was the digimon I saw in New York! Watch out for his Energy Cannon attack; it'll drive you bananas!"
"He's got a Dark Spiral!" Yolei shouted.
"I thought the Dark Spirals only worked on Ultimate level Digimon!" Davis gasped.
"If they can work on Champion level, too, then there must be different kinds." Cody pointed out. The Gorillamon pointed his cannon arm at them.
"Energy Cannon!" He growled.
"Heads up!" Davis warned as a blast of purple energy headed their way.
"I've got this!" Digitamamon pushed through the crowd and leapt at the attack.
"Digitamamon!" Mimi gasped. He sealed himself completely inside his egg and the attack impacted and the egg flew off, hitting the room of the restraunt and knocking part of it off.
"Get him before he gets us!" Davis called, looking back at Gorillamon as the enormous digimon roared and pounded his chest.
"Veemon, now!" Davis said, holding up his digivice.
"Allow me to handle this." Michal said, holding up his own, "Betamon?"
"Okay!" Betamon called, leaping into the lake, "Betamon digivolve to...Seadramon!" When he emerged, he was a long blue, red, and white sea-serpent with a gold-yellow head.
"Wow, Michal!" Mimi gushed, "Seadramon is your digimon! I still get chills remembering his Ice Blaster and Ice Winder attacks!" Gorillamon leapt at Seadramon and both submerged.
"Now that they're both in the water, Seadramon will win!" Michal said, clenching his fist. The water was still on the surface until bright lavender light exploded underneath it. Then bubbles rose to the surface, "He's in trouble!"
"Okay, Palmon, you better digivolve and help Seadramon." Mimi instructed.
"Ready when you are." Palmon said, "Palmon digivolve to...Togemon!"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment