Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 30 - Big Trouble in Little Edo (Pt.2)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 30 - Big Trouble in Little Edo (Pt.2)

Chapter 30 - Big Trouble in Little Edo (Pt.2)
"Tara! Oh Tara!" Canimon was standing up right in a very small and dark enclosed space. Her claws were wrapped around Tara's waist as she tried to pull her friend out from underneath the boulders blocking the entrance to their cave.
"Ow..." Tara moaned, eyes squeeze shut. Canimon stopped tugging.
"Are you okay?"
"I don't...I don't think anything is broken." Tara gasped, "But I wouldn't say I'm okay."
"I am SOO sorry, Tara."
"Don't be, Canimon. It's not your fault."
They had been trying for a long while now to get out. At first, Canimon had tried repeatedly to digivolve into Draggamon, but it wasn't working. It seemed that pulling Tara out wasn't going to work either.
"I don't know what to do." Canimon cried, sounding on the edge of tears.
"Wait a minute!" Tara exclaimed, causing Canimon to start.
"What?"
"I picked up the Digi-Egg!"
"So?"
"That means it's mine, Canimon! You can use it to get us out of here!"
"Why didn't you think of that before?" Canimon demanded, but there was a playful edge to her voice.
"Sorry." Tara apologized.
"Well, what are you waiting for?"
"Sorry! Digi-Armor Energize!"
"Canimon Armor Digivolve to..Mechaneodracamon, the Hydra of Responsibility!"
Canimon's new form looked nothing like any of her others. She was a large emerald and copper dragon covered in metal plates. Bits of wiring connected plates to each other and right behind her wings was a pair of jet engines. Tara wouldn't have been able to even tell that Mechaneodracamon was her digimon if she didn't have Canimon's familiar scarf tied around her neck.
"That's one hell of a name." Tara said with a weak smile.
"Let's get you out of here." Mechneodracamon, "Mecha Cannon!" One of the plates of armor on her chest slid open, revealing a large cannon that promptly fired and left a large, smoldering hole in the rock wall.
"Way cool." Tara said, an enormous grin on her face. Mechneodracamon cantered over to Tara, and shoved the rock easily off of her legs, "Thanks." Tara got shakily to her feet.
******

"I can't believe...she's gone." Emi said. There was a pile of rocks next to her, but they still hadn't broken through. Coronamon, for once, looked at a loss for words.
"Who's gone now?"
Emi gasped and spun quickly on the spot. There was Tara, smirking and standing next to an armor-encased dragon digimon Emi had never seen before.
"This is Mechneodracamon. Or, Neomon as I am going to call her, seeing as I don't want to to be out of breath whenever I say her name." Emi stared for a second longer and then walked up to Tara.
"DON'T EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN!" She shouted suddenly, punching Tara in the arm.
"Ow. Okay, okay. Calm down." Tara laughed, "Now shouldn't we find the others?"
******

"The first thing we need to do is destroy the Control Spire." Cody said.
"That's no trouble at all!" said Davis, "All we have to do is armor digivolve. Sounds like a piece of cake, right Veemon?"
"Right!" Veemon cried, "Besides, we're not talk about big muscle digimon, y'know? Most of them would rather toss a salad!"
"Totally!" Puppymon giggled from her place in Ashlyn's lap.
"Don't jinx us, you two." Rikumon warned. Puppymon and Veemon instantly stopped laughing as the entire building around them started to shake.
"It's an earthquake!" TK shouted.
"I hate earthquakes!" Yolei sobbed, placing her head under her arms, "They remind me of my brother waking me up every morning."
"Um...is she always like this?" Ashlee asked.
"Most of the time." Kari said with a chuckle.
"You'll get used to it." TK promised her.
"You can stop worrying, Yolei, it's all over now." Hawkmon said, brushing his hands across her back.
"The Shogun's come unglued, he's tearing the place apart!" A Gekomon burst into the room, screaming, "What do I do? What do I do?!"
"Huh?" The group asked.
"There are two shapes coming towards the city from the sky!" An Otoumon came into the room, "What if it's the Emperor and his cronies?"
******

Shogungekomon was certainly unglued. He was stomping around the stone city and turning the buildings into rubble, all the while shouting, "Geko! Geko! Geko!" at the top of his voice.
"Oh no!" TK exclaimed as Shogungekomon turned his red eyes on the group, "He's got a Dark Spiral!"
"Hey, what did we miss?" Tara asked as she and Emi landed on the stairs next to the group. They had been the shapes spotted flying towards the city.
"Tara! Emi!" Azukia cried, "We thought something bad had happened to you guys!"
"No, we just had a little trouble getting Canimon's Digi-Egg." Tara explained, exchanging a pointed look with Emi.
"Well, I'm glad you guys are here." Casey said, "Because we've got trouble!"
Before anyone could explain further, one of the Gekomon clambered up a ladder and began ringing a bell.
"Everybody evacuate!" A stampeded of Gekomon and Otoumon carrying their belongings were scrambling to get out of town.
"Somebody help! Help! I'm stuck!" Veemon rushed over to help an otoumon out from underneath an overturned basket.
"I've got ya!"
"The Shogun is being controlled by the Digimon Emperor." The remaining Gekomon said, "We're in trouble. He's obnoxious, but we like him! Can't you do something?"
"Of course!" TK assured him, "Just leave it to us!"
"Step it up, guys, we're surrounded!" Nekomon warned. Sure enough, they were suddenly being advanced by the Floramon and Mushroomon they had out-run earlier.
"Come on, Veemon, let's plant these guys."
"I'm with ya!"
"Digi-Armor Energize!"
"Veemon Armor Digivolve to...Raidramon, the Storm of Friendship!"
"Take 'em down, Patamon!" TK called.
"Patamon Armor Digivolve to...Pegasusmon, Flying Hope."
"You try, too, Ashlee." Ariamon, "Just say Digi-Armor Energize!"
"Uh...okay...Digi-Armor Energize?"
"Ariamon Armor Digivolve to...Metalcosmon, the Armor of Acceptance!"
Metalcosmon was, as the name suggested, entirely metal. Somewhat human in shape and with a star engraved on her forehead, Metalcosmon was completely silver.
"Digi-Armor Energize!" Azukia and Kari shouted, joining in.
"Gatomon Armor Digivolve to...Nefertimon, the Angel of Light!"
"Nekomon Armor Digivolve to...Nigeriamon, the Tigress of Harmony!"
"Digi-Armor Energize!" Ashi and Cody shouted together.
"Armadillomon Armor Digivolve to...Digmon, the Drill of Power!"
"Rikumon Armor Digivolve to...Kiswanimon, the Blades of Belief!"
"Come on, Houndmon, let's not miss out anymore that we have! Digi-Armor Energize!"
"Houndmon Armor Digivolve to...Gargoylemon, the Gargoyle of Loyalty!"
"Puppymon Armor Digivolve to...Goldenwolfmon, the Wings of Integrity!"
"Come now, Yolei, let's join in." Hawkmon said.
"I don't think so!" Came a tauntin voice. A shurikun whistled through the air and Hawkmon jumped forward to push Yolei out of the way.
"There's a note on this dart." Hawkmon observed as he peel the piece of paper off the metal weapon, "From Ninjamon."
"What does it say?" Yolei inquired.
"He wants to challenge me." Hawkmon unfolded the note.
"What kind of challenge?"
"Hm."
******

"Aqua-Steed!"
"Sky Fire!"
"Triple Flame!" Mechaneodracamon cried.
"Flare Breath!" Gargoylemon screeched, breathing fire.
"Rosetta Stone!"
The flying Digimon were launching an all out offensive at Shogungekomon.
"I can't believe it's not working!" TK said as Pegasusmon wheeled about in the air.
"It didn't even make him pause!" Casey said vehemently.
"Woah! Just mellow out, guys." Davis said. He and Ashlyn were surrounded by Mushroommon.
"Need a lift?" Raidramon asked, flicking the fungus digimon carelessly out of the way with his tail. Davis scrambled onto his digimon's back and Ashlyn followed suit.
"Fungus Crusher!" The Mushroom pelted them with mushrooms.
Meanwhile, Cody and Ashi were dealing with the Floramon.
"They're coming." Cody warned.
"We'll put them in the garden, where they belong." Digmon assured him, "Rock Crackin'"
"Fatal Swipes!"
******

Yolei and Shurimon were further away, answering the call of Ninjamon's challenge.
"What do you think he's doing up here?" Yolei asked as she saw the beginnings of a sloped, turquoise roof.
"Medatating." Shurimon answered. On the far side of the room, sitting with his legs crossed underneath the ornamentation, was Ninjamon.
"Yeah right. WAKE UP!" Yolei roared. Ninjamon responded by opening his eyes. Shurimon and Yolei were strapped to a large white kite were sailing ever closer to the roof.
"I accept your challenge." Shurimon informed Ninjamon in his deep, even voice.
"Good, then let's boogie!" Ninjamon shouted as Shurimon dropped to the roof, his shuriken feet clanging on the tiles.
"Come on, knock that little twerp's socks off!" Yolei cheered. She remained on the kite, arms and legs splayed wide.
The battle began. Shurimon shot one long coiled arm at Ninjamon, who deftly dodged and landed on it with a smirk.
"Easy." Ninjamon called as he rushed up the arm. Shurimon looked rather taken aback. Yolei began climbing to the room just in time to see Shurimon plummeting towards the earth.
"Hey, you're supposed to win this!"
******

The flying battle was at a stand still. Shogungekomon growled as all five digimon bobbed in mid-air, their riders staring calmly at him.
"Musical Fist!" Shogungekomon shouted suddenly, clapping his webbed hands together and shooting copious amounts of air out of his two tumbas. Kari gasped and they all soared upwards. The roofs and ladders in the way of the attack were blasted into splinters.
"That was close." Pegasusmon said.
"Too close." Skydramon agreed.
"There's no way we can defeat an ultimate on our own." Kari announced.
"Even with the fact that we outnumber him so much." Casey said with a frown.
"Hey...where's Ashlee?" TK asked suddenly.
"...Why?" Emi asked after a short pause.
"Crap! We left her on her own and it's her first time in the Digital World!"
"There's no time to worry about that." Tara said, "Somehow we've got to destroy that Control Spire. Besides, Azukia's with her. She'll be fine!"
******

TK really shouldn't have worried about Ashlee. She might have been new to the Digital World and all it's insanity, but she was doing fine. Well...after a bit of trouble, anyway.
"Talking mushrooms, talking flowers!" She shouted, "And a giant talking tomatoe! What is wrong with this place?"
"Don't worry, I can't take care of everything." Metalcosmon assured her.
"HOW?!" Ashlee demanded as one of the Mushroomon launched a fist sized mushroom at her head.
"Galaxy Blast!" The surrounding digimon were gone in a heartbeat.
"Wow." Ashlee said, staring up at the metal woman beside her, "Thanks."
"No problem." Metalcosmon answered, "We're partners. I'm there for you."
"There you guys are!" Metalcosmon and Ashlee looked around to see Azukia, perched on top of Nigeriamon, galloping towards them.
******

"Move into position!" TK shouted, pointing towards the Control Spire in the distance.
"Right!" The rest of the group did as they were told.
"It's perfect, TK." Kari called behind her.
"Totally perfect!" Emi exclaimed. Shogungekomon had turned his gaze on them with a thunderous growl. The group of five turned to face the Shogungekomon, hovering directly in front of the Control Spire.
"Musical Fist!"
"It's coming; get out of the way!" Casey warned.
"I don't get it!" Tara shouted as they all dodged.
"Don't get what?" Mechaneodracamon shouted back.
"Well, he doesn't use his fist at all!"
"Check it out!" TK gasped. The attack went hurtling straight towards the Control Spire.
******

The Mushroommon around Azukia and Ashlee groaned as the dark rings around their wrists splintered. Cody and Ashlee watched as the Floramon blinked blearily up from the pit Kiswanimon and Digmon had driven them into. Shurimon, however, was still in the midst of battle with Ninjamon. Still hurtling downwards, he was holding Ninjamon tightly against his chest.
"I believe this is your stop." He said.
"Wha?" said Ninjamon as the Dark Ring peeled away in fragments.
"Watch that first step." Shurimon said as his feet dug into a ledge above them, halting his path, but flinging Ninjamon in another direction as Shurimon let go.
Goldenwolfmon and Raidramon, Ashlyn and Davis on board, were darting along the rooftops towards Shogungekomon. Ashi and Cody, panting, were racing to see the final blow.
"He's all your's, guys!" Tara called from above.
"Gotcha, TI!"
"Blue Thunder!"
"Golden Thunder Slash!" The two attacks went flying straight at Shogungekomon, who shrieked as the double electricity crackled around him.
"You know the drill, Digmon." Cody directed.
"I'll make 'im eat dirt." Digmon said as he burrowed deepers into the ground.
"Good luck!" Ashi and Kiswanimon called in unison.
"Gold Rush!" The drills hit Shogungekomon, adding to his shouts of pain. With one final shout of "Gecko!", he landed in the midst of the wrekage.
"Yes!" Cody said.
"That's how we do it!" Ashi said with a grin.
"Do you guys do this...all the time?" Ashlee asked as she and Azukia made it the battle site.
"For the most part." Azukia answered. Ashlee paused and then looked up at Metalcosmon.
"Sweet."
"Hey, where's Yolei?" Davis asked.
"Hawkmon is missing, too." Goldenwolfmon observed.
"Figures." Emi said dismissively, "She's always up to something."
******

"Fellas, I hate to interrupt, but the Control Spire is gone. Fight time is over now." Yolei shouted down to the squaring off duo, her arm pointing towards the ruins of Little Edo.
"Sorry, Yolei, this is between gentlemen." Shurimon said.
"Wrong!" Ninjamon said, "We're one short. So let me introduce you to a real good friend." With a flurry of fingers, there was an entire line of Ninjamon. Shurimon took a step back in surprise. Ninjamon were encircling him and running in a circle, "Haven't you ever heard of multiplcation?" Ninjamon asked as all the copies threw a single shuriken towards Shurimon.
"Ninja Wind!" Shurimon spun rapidly on the spot, a flurry of leaves swirling around him.
"No!" Ninjamon gasped. The leaves fell to the ground, leaving no trace of Shurimon behind. The copies of Ninjamon vanished, leaving only one staring foolishly at the pile of leaves.
"I prefer subtraction."
"Huh?" Ninjamon looked up to see Shurimon headed towards him. He lifted his katana, but not before:
"Double Star!" Ninjamon slashed at the metal object headed his way, but his sword shattered, gleaming pieces flying in all directions.
"Who's number one?" Shurimon asked. Ninjamon fell to his knees in defeat, "Come on. Don't be a poor sport."
"The next time we meet, I'll turn you right into a dish rag." Ninjamon retorted, waving his fist, "'Till next time, pal." He threw a sphere on to the ground, which exploded into smoke. When it had cleared, Ninjamon was gone.
"Shurimon, have I ever told you you're the coolest guy I've ever met?" Yolei asked, running onto the street.
"Huh?" Shurimon blushed.
******

"Gee, looks like the big guy is all crashed out." Kari observed. They were all on the ground now. Shogungekomon hadn't moved in inch and was now snoring contentedly.
"That's rare." TK said sarcastically.
"Hey, look!" Ashi said with a laugh. Shurimon, using the large shuriken on his back like a propeller, rose above the mountain of red. Yolei was clutched around his middle.
"You're back, Yolei." Cody said with a smile, "We were worried about you."
"I wasn't." Emi said, and to her surprise, Ashlee.
"Shh." Azukia said in a warning whisper.
"Where were you?" Casey asked.
"Oh, just here and there." Yolei answered airly.
"If you'd be so kind, we'd apprciate it if you'd take the Dark Spiral off his head." A Gekomon said imploringly.
"How about we chop it all off? He needs a hair cut anyway." Davis joked.
"No way! That's his pride and joy!" The Gekomon cried, stomping around and flailing about wildly.
"Calm down." Ashlyn said, sweatdropping, "Davis was only joking."
"If you think he was mad before, just try him on a bad hair day!" The Gekomon ranted. The Digi-Destined glared at Davis.
"What I do?"
"Davis, sometimes you're just so insensitive." Kari huffed, turning her back on him.
"I'm so sensitive, I use a special toothpaste so my teeth don't get hurt!" Davis exclaimed, bouncing up and down. Kari made a funny sound and then turned around and burst out laughing.
"Let's blast this spiral for all we've got!" Tara cheered. Every digimon joined in, hitting the Dark Spiral with their signature attack. It broke in two.
The Gekomon and Otoumon were kneeling next to Shogungekomon, shoulders shaking with surpressed sobs. They looked up as the hand they were next to twitched.
"Yeah!" Casey cried, punching the air, "It's good to be back!"
"That was a good siesta." Shogungekomon said, sitting up and bit, "Anything fun happen while I was out."
The Gekomon and Otoumon began to cry again.
******

"We're just so glad you're back to normal again!" The Gekomon sobbed to Shogungekomon. They were on a bridge and the Digi-Destined were leaving.
"Of course I am." Shogungekomon said, "I just had a nap."
"You're cool!" Davis said, waving a white flag with a red dot, "By the way- I like your hair cut!"
"Talk about changing your mind all the time." TK said with a smile.
"Yeah that's Davis in a nutshell." Yolei sighed.
"Hey Davis." Cody piped up, "Maybe you should get a new style."
"How about a top knot?" Kari suggested.
"If Ashly- you like it, maybe I will." Davis laughed.
"So, Ashlee, you going to come back to computer club?" TK asked.
"Well..." Ashlee said, looking at Araimon who waved her tail happily, "That's a defenite yes."
"Looks like the Digi-Destined have grown in rank." Wormon said, scuttling up to where the Digimon Emperor was watching this farewell on his screens, "And they've beaten you again, Master."
"Well, prehaps they think they have anyway. Those half-wits have no idea what they're up against. I'm just putting them in position. There's no way they'll disrupt my master plan 'cause I'm just way too smart for them."


(Wow. That episode took forever. I apologize. ^_^
Anyway, Shiney, I didn't get an Armor Digivolve for you, so I did what I did with Kitty's- her mega became her armor. None of the digimon go mega in 02 anyway, so it'll be okay.

Hope you guys enjoyed!

~Straw)

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment