Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 32 - 20,000 Digi-Leagues Under the Sea (Pt.2)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 32 - 20,000 Digi-Leagues Under the Sea (Pt.2)

Chapter 32 - 20,000 Digi-Leagues Under the Sea (Pt.2)
TK grunted as he flung the pick-axe into the ground over and over again.
"Um...TK? Where did you get the pick-axe?" Ashlee asked, looking thorougly confused.
"And what are you doing over there?" Kari called.
"I think the Digi-Egg is buried somewhere under here, so I'm trying to find it." TK answered.
"Still doesn't explain the random pick-axe." Emi muttered.
"Shouldn't you be more worried about trying to get out of here?" Davis demanded.
"No, TK is right." Casey announced, walking over to where TK was and sitting on the edge of the hole, "Why should we just sit here and wait for our deaths? Let's do something to help!" She began to thrusting her hands into the earth, making a small pile to the side. Houndmon bounded over and started to help as well.
"That sounds like a good idea." Hawkmon told Yolei.
"Yeah!" Yolei said, "Let's help."
"Whaddaya say?" Gatomon asked Nekomon, "Shall we?"
"Sure!" Nekomon said.
"Yeah!" Amardillmon grunted, pushing a large bit of earth to the other side of the room.
Soon, everyone was helping to find the new Digi-Egg.
******

"What?!" Joe shouted, running through the hall with his backback over one shoulder, "Grandpa's in the hospital?! I'm coming, 'pa!"
******

"Sorry I said your grandpa was in the hospital, but I had to get you out of class!" Cody apologized as he and Joe pelted down the street. Cody's legs were not carrying him as fast as Joe's longer ones, so Joe had to turn his head so Cody could hear him say:
"Don't worry about it. I'm just glad to know he's okay. Besides, this an emergency and you had no other choice."
"Yeah, but since your dad is all right, why are you still running?"
"Oh. Right." Joe stopped and took his backpack off. He began to rummage around inside it, "I've got to turn my phone back on."
"Now?! We're running out of time!"
"I know, but I've got to tell Izzy." He dialed Izzy's number and held the phone to his ear, "For once in your life, please get off the computer and answer the phone! Hello, Izzy? The others are trapped under an offshore oil platform and they need our help. Now I want you to try and track down a very old friend of our's..."
******

With one last grunt of effort, a large piece of rock cracked away to reveal a pear-shaped Digi-Egg. It was white on the back and purple in the front with a cross in grey in the middle. The group collectively gasped. Without being asked, Kari stepped forward, wrapped her hands around the egg, and tried to get it unstuck from the ground.
"I guess it's not mine."
"That must mean it belongs to Cody!" TK said.
"Yeah!" Armadillomon said, "And that means I've the one that gets to Armor Digivolve! Yes!"
"Lucky." Coronamon spat.
"Be nice!" Nekomon snapped, hitting him over the head. Coronamon glared at her and rubbed the back of his head dejectedly.
"I wonder what sort of digimon you'll be." Patamon said.
"Oh, I've got a pretty good idea...something like this!" Armadillomon chuckled. A vision handsome man with long blonde hair in yellow armor appeared in his head, whisking away a grinning Mikarimon.
"I think it will be more like this:" Davis said, imagining an Armadillomon with large spiraling rock spikes coming out of his nose and shell, "Like a porcupine!"
"I like the first one!" Rikumon said, a faint pink tinge across her face.
"I hope he's the handsome one." Yolei muttered in Kari's ear. Everyone laughed.
"I don't get it. Why is everyone laughing?" Veemon asked.
"It's just one of those times where you can't help but laugh." Puppymon said.
"Yup." Ariamon said.
"Everyone is so tired, they're pretending nothing is wrong." Gatomon said saddly.
"Laughter is just their way to cover things up." Canimon sighed.
"Sort of like I do when I'm in the cat box." Nekomon said, her ears flattened sadly. All the kids were sitting down, staring into space. Several of them coughed.
"Look!" Ashlyn cried suddenly, pointing out the window. Everyone looked.
"Ikakumon!" Azukia exclaimed. A dark shape was headed straight towards their window.
"It is Ikakumon!" Kari confirmed, "He's come to save us!" That got everyone's attention. They ran towards the window.
"Sorry I'm late!" Ikakumon said, but right before he made it to them, a red tailed lashed out and sent him flying through the water. Once recovered, Ikakumon growled, "It's Megaseadramon, my old foe! I fought him once in Tokyo, but I don't think I can I defeat him unless I digivolve to Zudumon!" This time, Megaseadramon bashed him into the sandy floor.
"Ikakumon!" Casey screamed.
"Harpoon Torpedo!" Ikakumon shot his horn at Megaseadramon. It crashed uselessly against Megaseadramon's helmet.
"That's the way! Aim for the Dark Spiral!" Davis shouted.
"Harpoon Torpedo!" This time it broke a rock into tiny pieces.
"Lightening Gem!" Megaseadramon said, shooting a wave of electricity that sent Ikakumon tumbling into the rocks.
"Wait...wouldn't that fry EVERYTHING? It's electricity. Water is a conductor." Ashlee pointed out.
"Just don't question the physics of things. Believe me. It doesn't help." Tara sighed, sweat dropping. Water suddenly errupted from the walls again.
"Great! Now what's happening?! We're gonna die faster now!" Ashlyn shrieked. A massive snout shoved itself into the wall and opened it's gaping mouth. Joe and Cody could be seen at the top of of it's tongue.
"Whamon taxi service!" Joe announced.
"Come on, it'll be the perfect way out of here!" Cody shouted, "Except for the smell!"
"Look, it's Cody!" Ashi cried delightedly.
"I told you he would come through for us." Armadillomon said.
"He sure did." Davis said, patting Armadillomon on the head, "We never doubted him."
Outside, Ikakumon bit Megaseadramon's tail.
"How'd you get here, Whamon?" Kari asked after mose of them had climbed into Whamon's open mouth.
"I swam. When Tentamon told me our friends were in trouble, I set sail." Whamon explained.
"It's nice to see you again." Emi said, "Have you lost weight?"
"Eh, a couple pounds."
"H-Hi, Joe." Casey stammered, looking at Whamon's dark pink tongue.
"Hey Casey." Joe said, adjusting his glasses and smiling, "I didn't expect to find you here. You're a Digi-Destined still, like Azukia, then?"
"Um...I g-guess so."
"I wonder how that was decided. Well, congratulations."
"Th-thanks."
Azukia rolled her eyes, smirking.
"Hey Cody!" TK called from below. He and Davis were still down near the Digi-Egg.
"Get down here, it's your digi-egg!" Davis shouted.
"Really? How do you figure that?" Cody asked.
"Hey, that Digi-Egg has the Creast of Reliablity on it." Joe said.
"The Creat of Reliability is perfect for Cody." Canimon piped up.
"I don't agree with that." Cody said.
"Well, if you ask me, it's a perfect fit." Joe said.
"Come down here and get it." said Davis.
"No way!" Cody shouted, "It's because of that Digi-Egg that all of were trapped down here in the first place! I don't want to have anything to do with it." Ashi began to cough violently. Rikumon wrapped her tail around Ashi's small shoulders, "Besides, we're running out of time; we have to go!"
"We will, as soon as you come down here and get this Digi-Egg!" said Davis.
"I told you that I don't want it!"
"Gah! It's not like we came all the way down here and go through all of this just so you could say 'thanks, but no thanks'!"
Joe leaned down towards Cody and grabbed his arm.
"Cody! Come with me!"
******

Outside, Ikakumon and Megaseadramon were still battling. Ikakumon and clamped down on Megaseadramon's tail, but it had no effect. Megaseadramon was cackling as he swam through the ways, thrashing his tail this way and that in the effort to get Iakumon off.
Ikakumon smashed into the sea floor, sending up a spray of pebbles and stands. He winced, but didn't let go of the tail.
******

"Alright, Cody. Pick it up- it's all your's." Joe said. He and Cody were now on the floor again, standing in front of the white-and-purple digi-egg. Ashi had clambered down with them and she was watching silently, Rikumon's pink wings flapping in the air next to hair.
"You heard what Joe said." Davis prompted when Cody didn't move. Ashi surpressed a cough, knowing that if Cody heard her, he for sure wouldn't pick it up.
"It can't be mine."
"You'll never know unless you try, so go ahead." TK encouraged.
"I told you. I'm the one who caused this mess so it can't be my Digi-Egg."
"We're in this together." Davis said.
"Yeah, besides, we all wanted to find the Digi-Egg not just you." said Veemon.
"So it's no body's fault then." said TK.
Cody's eyes filled with tears, "Yeah, but I also told a lie," he said in strained voice, "My grandfather said the worst thing you could do is tell a lie and that's what I did." He began to cry in earnest, "I don't deserve the Digi-Egg of Relaibility!"
Joe took a few steps forward and placed his hands on Cody's small, wracking shoulders, "There are two kind of lies in the world: there are lies that are wrong and then there are the lies that are acceptable."
"Huh?" Cody stopped crying suddenly.
"You see," Joe went on, "Some lies can hurt people. Then again, some lies can actually help them."
"Just like good digimon and bad digimon."
"How do you figure that?" Rikumon said, chuckling. Ashi shook her head. Her digimon never really did get the serious of some situations. But then again, that was just part of Rikumon's charm.
"Uh...yeah. Something like that." Joe said.
"But-" Cody began.
"I tell you what," said Joe, "When we get home, I'll come to your house and explain the whole situation to your grandfather. I'll tell him that I wasn't hurt by your lie. As a matter of fact, if you hadn't lied, we might not have made it here in time. So your lie not only helped people, but it actually saved their lives."
"Joe," said Cody, wiping his eyes on his sleeves.
"So...do we have a deal?"
"Yeah."
"Alright Cody! Go for it!" Armadillomon cheered. Cody wrapped his hands around the egg. Cody shook the egg a couple of times before it finally pulled loose. A beam of lavender light shot upwards from the hole for a few minutes before fading.
"Yay, Cody!" Ashi cheered, and the immediatly had a coughing fit.
"I told you it was your's." Davis said.
"Okay, partner, I'm ready when you are." Armadillomon said.
"Digi-Armor Energize!"
"Armadillomon Armor Digivolve to...Submarimon, Gaurdian of the Seas!"
"So much for my idea of the porcupine." Davis sighed.
"Well, he isn't really the handsome knight either." Ashi commented, sweatdropping.
"Well, I think he's cool!" Rikumon announced.
Submarimon looked...well, he looked like a submarine. He was yellow, white, and purple and something like a harpoon for a nose. He still had eyes, of course, and ears jutting of the sides like Armadillomon's.
"Wow. Good timing." said Veemon.
"Alright everybody, let's get out of here." Joe said. He and the group on the floor jogged back into Whamon's open mouth.
"Come on, Cody." said Submarimon, "Hop in!" Cody climbed inside, "Are you two coming?"
"Us?" Ashi asked, pointing to Rikumon and then herself.
"Of course!"
"Is there room?" Rikumon asked.
"Sure!"
The two girls looked at each other, beaming. Then the looked back at Submarimon and nodded. They clambered in after Cody.
"Well, I have to face it sooner or later." Cody said. He was in the middle seat (A/N: I know Submarimon only has room for one, but...I changed it. >D) and he leaned forward to grasp the (unneeded) steering wheel. They crashed through the cement side and out into the ocean as Whamon and the others swam out the other side.
******

Ikakumon finally let go as Megaseadramon smashed his face into a large rock. It looked like it was over for the fuzzy white critter, but Megaseadramon was distracted as Submarimon flew out of nowhere.
"Submarine Attack!" Several torpedos flew at Megaseadramon.
"Ikakumon, are you alright?" Submarimon asked.
"Yeah! Now let's beat him together!" The two digimon rushed forward and away from Megaseadramon.
"Lightening Gem!" They dodged Megaseadramon's attack easily. A sea wall crumbled as the attack hit instead.
"I'll get him to chase me and then you attack him." Ikakumon said.
"Right!"
Ikakumon swam into a small opening in the rock they were swimming towards. Submarimon swan around it, but Megaseadramon dove in after Ikakumon, making the hole much larger as he crashed through it. At the edge of a cliff, Ikakumon swam straight up and Megaseadramon crashed into the wall.
"I'm up here you big snake!"
Megaseadramon was neck-and-neck with Ikakumon in a matter of seconds. He smashed Ikakumon against the wall. Without warning, a buzzing sound filled the air and Submarimon drilled through the wall.
"Oxygen Torpedo!" Three torpedos made entirely of oxygen rammed themselves into Megaseadramon's chest, "Now for the Dark Spiral!" Submarimon cracked it easily with his razor sharp nose.
Megaseadramon's eyes faded to green and he drifted slowly towards the sandy bottom.
"Yeah! Way to go!" Cody and Ashi cheered.
"Now he should be back to normal." Submarimon said.
"Nice job, Submarimon," Ikakumon said.
"Thanks. Couldn't have done it without you."
******

"They've been down there a long time." Yolei said, wringing her hands togther. The group was standing on top of whamon's massive head, now on the surface of the water.
"Don't worry!" Casey said, "We can count on Cody."
"Spoken like a true wielder of the Creast of Loyalty." Joe said. Casey blushed. Azukia giggled.
Megaseadramon erupted from the water. The group gasped and then cheered.
"Way to go!" Davis cried, "They destroyed the Dark Spiral!"
"Let's hear it for Cody!" Tara exclaimed, "Hip Hip"
"Hooray!"
******

"It seems that the Digi-Destined have managed to get away again." The Digimon Emperor mused. A picture of Megaseadramon was on the screen, opposite an image of Monochromon.
"What are you going to do about them this time?" asked Wormon.
"Nothing."
"You're not mad?"
"No."
"This isn't like you, Master. Usually you would have smashed something, like me. This is part of that secret plan you've been taking about, isn't it?"
"Wormon- it's none of your business." The Digimon Emperor stood up, laughing wildly.
******

"Well, I guess we should get back to the other's now." Cody said as Submarimon glided through the ocean. A coral reef waved meerily only inches below them.
"What's your hurry?" Submarimon asked.
"Well, they're probably wondering where we are now." Ashi said.
"But it IS really pretty down here." Rikumon said. Her nose was practically smashed against the glass.
"I want to show you something." Submarimon said.
"What is it?" asked Cody.
"I think you were afraid of the ocean because it was something you never got to see and experience for yourself. It's true some things about the ocean are dangerous, but there are also things down here that are more beautiful than you can ever imagine. Look up ahead."
All three of the pod's occupants did as instructed. A little ways off there was an enormous tree made of white coral. A beam of sunlight fell through the water on to it, making a dancing array of white, turquoise, and blue light. They gasped with delight.
"Hey Cody- you and I can learn a lot about the ocean." Submarimon said.
"Yeah! I don't have to be afraid of it." A group of turtles swam by, and a laughing Gomamon could be seen hanging on to the largest one's flipper.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment