Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 35 - Run Yolei Run

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 35 - Run Yolei Run

Chapter 35 - Run Yolei Run
"We have to find the Digimon Emperor," Tai said as he, Kari, Davis, Azukia, and Ashlyn walked through the forest, "I hope the others are having more luck than us."
******

Matt, Yolei, TK, Emi, Tara, and Ashlee were standing on a group of very tall rocks that were sticking up out of the sea.
"I don't see anything." said TK.
"I wonder how how Ashi, Cody, and Casey are doing." Matt said.
******

Ashi and Casey were doing fine. Cody, however, was sliding down the incredibly steep slope of a mountain. A hand reached out and grabbed him by the wrist.
"You okay, Cody?" Izzy asked.
"Yes," Cody panted, "Thanks to you."
"You can make it." said Izzy, he's eyes looking a bit creepy, "We're almost to the top. Just don't look down."
"Guys, get up here." Tentomon said. He was hovering near the top of the mountain. Rikumon was flapping her wings in mid-air beside him.
"Right away!" Rikumon said, looking serious, "You won't believe this!"
******

"I don't believe it." said Ashi, once their group of four had made it over the top.
"Told you." Tentomon said.
"I'm seeing things...I think." Cody said.
"This is...very not good." Casey said.
The thing that was very not good was the fact that from their vantage point, they could see hundreds of control spires.
"Look at them all!" Ashi gasped, "Hundreds of Control Spires!"
"And hundreds of digimon slaves, too." said Izzy. A large group of black dinosaur digimon stamped up to another group. There was tumalt on the ground below where all the digimon began attacking each other.
"Those poor digimon." Cody said.
"It seems to me that those Darktyranomon came and put up that weird stone." Armadillomon said.
"That must be where the Digimon Emperor's headquarters are." Izzy observed.
"I really don't know why Azukia keeps telling me your dumb." Casey said, staring at Izzy, blue eyes wide with innocence. Izzy stared back, looking at a lost for words until it looked like they had been spotted by the warring digimon, "Uh-Oh. We better take cover. I sure hope we don't need your help, Tentomon; there's no way you can digivolve with all these Control Spires around. Maybe they haven't spotted us."
"Um...Izzy. I think they spotted us." Ashi said in a quavering voice.
"Why's that?"
"ROAAR!" The rest of the group turned aroudn quickly to see an enormous Snimon.
"I knew I should have brought my enormous fly-swatter." Houndmon sighed.
"Get 'em guys!" Cody said.
"Digi-Armor Energize!" Casey, Ashi, and Cody shouted.
"Armadillomon Armor Digivolve to...Digmon, the Drill of Power!"
"Rikumon Armor Digivolve to...Mikarimon, the Warrior of Innocence!"
"Houndmon Armor Digivolve to...Gargoylemon, Protector of the Skies!"
******

They left their digimon to handle the fighting and boarded a silver object that doubled as a sleigh. With Casey and Ashi in one and Izzy and Cody in the other (Tentomon buzzing behind the latter), they shot down the mountain.
The cliffside they had been standing on moments before exploded as the fight began. Digmon tackled Snimon.
"May I have this dance?" He asked.
The kids continued shooting down the mountainside.
"My digivice is going crazy!" Izzy shouted.
"AHHH!" They all screamed as a large black winged digimon flew up to them.
"Going somewhere?" The Digimon Emperor sneered.
"It's the Digimon Emperor!" Cody gasped.
"I'm sorry, but- DUH!" Casey screamed.
"So nice of you to drop in on my headquarters." The Digimon Emperor continued, "It saves me the trouble of hunting you down."
"I've got to at least try to digivolve!" Tentomon cried.
"Go!" Izzy said, nodding.
"Tentomon digivolve to...oh, forget it. I can't digivolve!"
The Digimon Emperor laughed, "How many times do I have to tell you people you're sitting in the no digivolving section?"
The Digi-Destined growled at him, but suddenly a massive upburst of sand shot up from the ground and they disappeared from sight.
"Thanks, Digmon." Cody said. They had safely dropped into a hole of Digmon's creation.
"Heheh. Can I dig a hole or what?"
******

A little while later, another explosion of earth marked where they made it the surface, quite far away from the Digimon Emperor's headquarters.
"We're in the clear." Digmon announced. He and the other Armor Digimon went back to their normal forms.
"There are no Control Spires here." Cody said.
"Tentomon, give it another shot!" Izzy instructed.
"Yeah, we'd love to see Kabutarimon again." said Casey.
"I can give it a shot," said Tentomon, "Tentomon digivolve to...Kabutarimon!"
And the group of four were riding away, riding on the blue-grey form of Kabutarimon, flying into the horizon.
"So that's Kabutarimon." the Digimon Emperor mused, "I think I'll add him to my collection."
******

"That's everyone." Tai announced as Izzy came streaming back into reality. Izzy's room was packed to bursting point with all the Digi-Destined and their digimon.
"Is my mom home?" asked Izzy.
"No, we were lucky." Tai answered, "We all made it back before she got home."
"That was close." Izzy said and then turned back to the computer.
"So, what did you guys find in your area?" Tai asked Ashi and Cody. Rishumon was happily squirming in Ashi's arms, a round white ball with four little legs, two fangs sticking out of the cat-like mouth, blue eyes (one with the familiar pink flower pattern around it), a small amount of pink dots, and one gold earring on each of her two long white ears.
"We found the Digimon Emperor's headquarters." Ashi said.
"The whole place was covered in Control spires." Cody exclaimed.
"And in slave digimon." Casey said with a nod.
"I knew it!" Yolei snapped.
"There must have been a Control Spire convention in town." said Davis.
"Tell me about it! There were hundreds of them!" said Casey. (A/N: You know, TK says that line in the actual show. That doesn't make sense. He wasn't there. *waves fist and dubbers)
"Ashi, did you say you found the Digimon Emperor's base?" Azukia asked as Cody placed Oompamon carefully on the bed with the other digimon. Rishumon squirmed until Ashi put her down next to him.
"M-hm." Ashi said, nodding.
"I'll stay here and report back if there's any trouble." Tentamon said from the Digital World.
"Right." Izzy said. The screen turned red and Tentamon was gone. Izzy spent a few more minutes tapping on the keyboard before turning the computer towards the rest of the group, "You should all take a look at this."
"Huh?"
"This is the area that Davis and his group explored." Izzy said, showing them a mostly white area with a few lines of black, "Next is the area TK's group was in. Then where my group was. If we connect them together..." The screen was zoomed out, showing that all the black lines racing through the area were actually one.
"It makes a circus clown!" Davis shouted, "I love this game!"
"No, Davis," Izzy said patiently, "It's a path."
"He's taking over all the areas! Talk about nasty." Poromon squeaked indignantly.
"Soon there will be nothing left of our world." Patamon cried.
"Not to mention our friends." said Demiveemon.
"Okay, that's it. Now I'm really mad." Oompamon said.
"If we could only destroy that base." Gatomon said quietly.
"Wait a minute!" Kari said, "That's it! If we destroy the Emperor's headquarters then the Control Spires will be useless."
"That makes a lot of sense." said TK.
"So why are we sitting around here like a bunch of yahoos?" asked Davis, "I say we go to the Digital World, find his base, and rip it up like a bad check, right Demiveemon?"
"Right!" Demiveemon chirped.
"What do you want us to do, walk up there and say 'excuse me, do you mind if we take a couple of minutes and tear down this building?'?" Emi asked, arms folded across her chest.
"Besides, our digimon are tired." Ashlee said.
"We'll have to come up with some sort of plan." Tara pointed out.
"He's right," Yolei sighed, "But it's gonna take a lot of thinking."
"I agree." TK said, "And I also think it's gonna take a lot more than one day to accomplish."
"I suppose if we all have to be back by a certain time, we wouldn't be concentrating on destroying the base." said Yolei.
"Right." said Ashlyn, "Then we all have to agree on one thing."
"What's that, Ashlyn?" asked Davis.
"We don't return until the base is destroyed."
"Huh?" Yolei's head snapped up, "You mean...?"
"I dunno." said Cody, "If I'm not there for my mom's tuna casserol, she'll know something's wrong. I haven't missed one in two years!"
"Come to think of it," Ashi said, tilting her head to one side, "I don't think I'VE missed one of your mom's tuna casserols in two years."
"Just make up some excuse," said Davis, "Something like, you got picked by the army for a secret mission to mars."
"If you told your parents that, they'd actually believe you?" Kari asked, raising one eyebrow.
"Of course not!" Davis said, "They don't believe anything I say!"
Izzy groaned and turned the computer so that the older group could see it, "With all these Control Spires in the Digital World, there's no way our digimon will ever be able to digivolve with Digi-Eggs."
"That means that us older kids, with the exception of Azukia and Casey, will be useless if we go to the Digital World with you guys." Matt sighed.
"That's true, Matt," Tai said, "But there are other ways we can actually help out without going with them." He kicked off and the wheelie chair he was sitting on soared backwards, "Like camping. While you guys go to the Digital World, the rest of us will go on a camping trip."
"How does that help us if we're fighting the Digimon Emperor while you're roasting marshmallows?" Emi asked.
"It's simple." Tai laughed, "We'll tell all our parents we're going camping, but if they call the camp grounds and no one's there, we'll get in trouble. So the older kids will go camping for real and cover for you."
"Great idea, Tai." Matt said, walking over to where Tai was and placing one hand on the back of Tai's chair, "Plus we'll get to go camping!"
"Tough job, but somebody's got to do it." Tai said.
Just then there, was a sharp rap on the door. Izzy gulped.
"Come in?" He said. The door opened and a woman with shoulder-length light-purple-brown hair walked a step into the room.
"Oh, you're home." She said. Izzy was in front of the computer with Casey, each holding a small pile of digimon. Tai was on the step-stool next to the bookcase, handing a globe to Matt, who was standing below. TK and Yolei were on the floor arm-wrestling, Davis and Ashlyn were posed as if in the middle of a dance. Tara and Emi were sitting on the bed, books held in their hands, while Azukia and Kari pretending to be doing each others hair. Ashlee, Ashi, and Cody were watching the progress of the arm-wrestling match.
"Hello Mrs. Izumi!" The group chorused.
"Hi kids." Mrs Izumi took a few more steps into the room, "What are you all doing inside on a nice day like this.
"Well..." The entire group turned to look at Izzy.
"We were discussing going on a camping trip for our next vacation." Izzy said.
"Oh." said Izzy's mom, "That sounds like fun. But! You're going to need a chaperone. Who's the adult that's going with you?"
"Uh..." Izzy said. Matt stepped in front of him, wiping his forehead.
"Oh don't worry. My dad will go with us. He loves traveling the world."
"Are you sure?" Tai whispered into Matt's ear.
"No, but it sounded good." Matt whispered back.
******

"What?" Matt's dad asked, "You want me to go camping with you?"
They were in the mall foodcourt, which was mostly empty since it was so late. Matt, Emi, and TK had waited for him and each had a soda in front of them. They were sitting around a round table with Mr. Ishida sitting back in one of the chairs.
"Please dad?" Matt pleaded, "We already told the other you would do it. Just think of it- being out in the wilderness among all the snakes and the wolves and grizzly bears. It'll be fun."
Mr. Ishida tugged awkwardly at his blue neck tie. TK poked him on his shoulder.
"Hey dad, tell us about the time you were chased by a grizzly bear!"
"Don't you kids have homework?" Mr. Ishida snapped.
******

Davis was sitting on the floor of his room, which had somehow managed to stay clean. His dinner tray was sitting untouched as he tinkered with a bag in front of him.
"What are you doing?" His older sister asked as she walked into the room.
"None of your business." Davis said coldly. June put her hands on her hips.
"Looks like you're packing for a camping trip."
"It's your imagination."
"Are TK and the others going?"
"I can't remember."
"So then..." June said, leaning in towards her brother, "Is Matt going camping, too?"
"Matt moved to another country."
"Well if you're going and everyone else is going and Matt's going, can I go, too?"
"Sure you can go." Davis said. Then he stood up and pushed her out the door, "You can go away."
There mom was watching something on television. Davis froze as he heard the reporter speak.
"Police still have no clue as to the whereabouts of boy genius Ken Ichijouji, who mysteriously disappeared some time ago." Said the reporter on the screen. Then it went to a picture of Ken's mom and dad. His mom was sobbing into a tissue and his dad was staring straight ahead.
"If anyone's seen my son...please call the police right away." Mr. Ichijouji said.
"That kid is still missing?" June asked.
"I hope he's not alone somewhere, cold and hungry." Mrs. Ichijouji said tearfully, "Oh, he's lost without me!"
******

Back in their apartment, TK and Emi were watching the same thing. TK picked up the remote and flicked off the TV.
"Boy, if they only knew." TK said.
"Well, it's not like we can call and tell them where he is." Emi said, "We'd probably be laughed off the phone."
******

Yolei was in bed, trying to sleep. She kept muling the day's events in her head over and over. Suddenly she sat up, keeping the covers over her head like a tent. TK's voice sounded in her mind.
"I think it's gonna take more than one day to accomplish."
"Right," Ashlyn's voice said, "Then we all have to agree on one thing. We don't return until the base is destroyed."
"Alright." Yolei sighed, "Even though I'm gonna be gone for a long time and I'll miss my soap operas- I am totally up for this!"
Poromon stirred in the basket that Yolei had made into a bed for him.
"You're not supposed to be up at all; we went to bed hours ago. Some of us our trying to sleep- good night! Hmph!"
"Yeah..." Yolei said again, this time more quietly, "Goodnight."
******

"Hey, Benjamin!" Tara said, already in her pajamas. She was carrying Chibimon in her arms, even though she knew Naru was going to be rude about it. It was better than if Naru stole her and did something to her.
"Yeah?" Bejamin turned around from his place on the couch.
"I'm going to be camping this weeked. With my friends. That okay?"
"Yeah, sure. Keep an eye out for that Ichijouji kid while you're out there, will you?"
"Uh...yeah...sure..."
******

The next day dawned and the group gathered at their meeting point to eat breakfast.
"Digimon Emperor!" Yolei shouted, "Prepare go go down! We're gonna teach that evil genius a lesson he'll never forget!"
"She's excited to go." Patamon commented, watching Yolei pace the room. He, Poromon, and Ririmon were laying on the coach.
"Isn't she supposed to be?" Ririmon asked.
"She's been like this all night." Poromon sighed. Yolei roared, lunched, and punched the air. Izzy and Tai were busy getting things together.
"Hey, Yolei," Izzy chuckled, "Save some for the Digimon Emperor."
"Left! Right! Left! Right! And halt!" Yolei called as she marched. The group going to the Digital World marched in time behind her.
"Sir! Yes sir!" TK said.
Matt opened the door as the group stopped in front of it, "You've got a lot to learn about women, TK."
"Right."
"Alright!" Yolei exclaimed, "Time to go! Let the battle begin! Digi-Port open! Yeehaw!"
******

Meanwhile, the older digimon went out to the car. Well, the boys anyway.
"You rugged men ready to go?" Mr. Ishida asked. Tai, Izzy, and Matt clambered into the car.
"Yep. Thanks for taking us." Tai said as he sat down.
"Yeah." Izzy said.
"Well, guess we should get going." said Mr. Ishida.
"Right." Matt said, getting in the car and getting ready to close the door.
"Hi again, Matt!" June sang. Suddenly she was right there beside the car with backpack slung across her back, "I'm ready!"
"Huh?" All the boys said.
"Isn't that Davis' sister?" Tai asked, leaning towards Matt, "What's she doing here?"
"I have no idea." Matt groaned.
"Well, see what you can do to get rid of her, okay?"
"Right." Matt got out of the car and walked to June, "Hey, June," He said shakily, "What's going on?"
"I thought this camping trip would be a perfect romatic get away for us." June answered.
"Oh...okay...I see."
"Lucky Matt." Izzy said to Tai, "Girls must chase him alllll day."
"I know exactly how he feels." said Tai.
"By the way," June said, looking around Matt and at the car, "Where are Davis and the others?"
"Oh...those guys," said Matt, looking heavenward as if the answer would be spelled out in the clouds, "They went ahead of us in another car."
Matt and Izzy snickered.
"A friend of my dad's has a really big mini-van," Matt continued.
"Hm." June nodded, "Where do I sit?"
"Uh...first I have...a present...to give you."
"Huh?" June cried, blushing and looking estactic, "Me?"
"Yeah...but it's in the car and I didn't get a chance to wrap it. So...close your eyes and count to ten and I'll be right back with your present, okay?"
June giggled, turned around, and covered her eyes, "Okay, Matt!" and began counting. Matt pelted towards the car and flung himself inside.
"Okay, dad, step on it."
"You wanna leave her here?" Mr. Ishida asked.
"Yup."
"You've got a lot to learn about women, Matt." Mr. Ishida said as he started the car and rolled passed June.
"Hm...where have I heard that before?"
"Ten!" June cried, opening her eyes just in time to see the car speed past her, "Matt?! Where's my present?!"

(I am STILL grounded. Seriously. HOWEVER, my brother finally started his saxaphone lessons so that's an hour and a half once a week until then. AND expect an update Friday. Am I awesome or what?)

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment