Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 39 - The Darkness Before Dawn (Pt.1)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 39 - The Darkness Before Dawn (Pt.1)

Chapter 39 - The Darkness Before Dawn (Pt.1)
OH NO! IT HAS METALGREYMON'S HAIR! WHATEVER SHALL WE DO?! IT'S BEST TO GIVE UP NOW!

Also, TK isn't as awesome in this chapter.


Screaming filled the night as small sector of the Digital World was blown to bits. Running digimon looked backwards as they ran, horror-striken by the monstrosity attacking them. Through the wreckage, the Digimon Emperor's base floated, the Digimon Emperor laughing wildly inside.
"Go ahead and run, but there's no where to hide!" He laughed, "Soon I will have control over the entire Digital World!"
"Oh Master..." Wormmon murmured.
******

"This is terrible!" Kari gasped.
"Ken does a lot of damage with his flying RV," Davis remarked, "Even if it does look like a giant flying slug."
"And all those poor digimon," Ashlyn said, "They don't have a home anymore."
"I'm tired of him hurting innocent digimon!" Davis agreed.
"Wait until I get my hands on him." Raidramon growled.
"He's destroying everything in his path." Digmon said.
"And he's shown no signs of letting up." Halsemon added.
"Stupid kid went crazy," Leodramon said, "Can't take getting beaten by TK."
"It's like he wants to burn every square inch of the digital world." Cody growled.
"Bite your tongue." Yolei said.
"That can't taste very good." said Tentomon.
"And he's just speaking his mind, Yolei." Ashi said.
"I don't care what it takes." TK said, "I'm going to stop that thing."
"TK's right." Ashlee agreed, "We've got to destroy it, no matter what it cost us."
"I think everyone agrees." said Pegasusmon, "But even when we combine our strength, we still don't have the power to defeat him."
"So now what?" asked Tara.
"We have two options." Tentomon said, "Quit, or give up. Because he's not going to quit until he runs out of gas."
"Well, it's not like that thing can get good gas milage." Metalcosmon remarked.
"Runs out of gas..." Cody repeated, "Ah! Tentomon, you just gave me an idea!"
"Sorry, I didn't mean to." said Tentomon.
"Hey, what's that?" Azukia asked. Behind them was a thick metal pipe.
"It's a gas pump!" Ashi exclaimed.
******

Night had fallen at the camp ground. Mr. Ishida had lit a bonfire and by its light, the three boys were working.
"So he's calling it Kimeramon?" Tai asked as Izzy typed frantically away on his laptop.
"He has Kabutarimon's head." said Izzy, "And the wings of both Angemon and Airdamon."
"Monochromon's tail," Matt added, "And Garurumon's legs!"
"He's got Greymon's body," said Tai, "and Metalgraymon's hair!"
"AND Kuwagamon's, Skullgremon's, and Devimon's arms!" Izzy finished, "Talk about a split personality. Good thing Kari sent us these pictures so we could take a good look at it."
"The Digimon Emperor built this?" Matt asked, "Couldn't he have just stuck to model airplanes like the rest of us?"
"That's it. I'm gonna destroy him!" Tai said, "Hey, Izzy. How do I destroy him?"
"Well before we do that, we've got to figure out how to get him to hold still," said Izzy.
"How do we do that? His base is always moving."
"We're getting another e-mail from Cody.
Izzy,
We found a pipeline
that will cross paths
with Ken's base. I know
you can use this
information some how.

Hm, he has such confidence in me."
"What pipeline?" Matt asked.
"Hey look," said Tai, "What's that a picture of?"
"I'll check." Izzy said, "Oh, I get it! The pipeline is connceted to the offshore oil platform. An oil pipeline...pipeline...I got it!"
"You figure out how to stop him?"
"Actually, no, but I needed an 8 letter word for my crossword puzzle."
"Stay on track."
"Oh. Right. Actually, I do have a plan. If we're lucky, it just might work. Let's hope these guys can get it done."
******

The Digimon Emperor laughed wildly as he watched the destruction being caused by his creation. Suddenly, someone else's laughter joined his. As if in pain, he fell to the floor, clutching his head.
"Master? What's wrong?" Wormon asked.
"Leave me alone!"
"Can't you just take a break from all the destroying? You can start again tomorrow."
"Go away!" The laughter began again.
"You can't hid from the darkness!" A voice called.
"Who are you?" The Digimon Emperor demanded.
"I'm Wormmon. Don't you remember?"
"Watch your step," The voice warned, "Or you just might find your self in a hole you didn't know existed."
The Digimon Emperor looked down to see a gaping, bottomless pit right below him. He screamed, beads of sweat dripping down his face.
"Master?" Wormmon asked, "Master? Are you okay? Is everything all right?"
The Digimon Emperor didn't answer. Instead he started to laugh again and then slowly stood up, "Now that I have Kimeramon, nothing can stop me from ruling this world! Not even some voice!"
******

With a little help from Azukia and Nekomon, Tentomon had managed to contact Agumon and Gabumon. The four of them were now stationed in front of the gas pipe.
"Did anyone see us?" Agumon asked.
"No, I don't think so." Gabutmon answered.
"Let's go topside and scout the situation," Tentomon suggested, "Come on." The four digimon peered over the top of the pipe. The base and Kimeramon were headed right for them, "I know! Let's go below and hide."
"No way, Tentomon," Nekomon said quietly.
"No, he's right. I changed my mind. I want to go home." Gabumon said.
"Oh geeze. I didn't know this was ladies night." Nekomon hissed, "Are you men or micemon?"
"Nekomon is right," Agumon agreed, "We have to follow Izzy's plan."
"Get ready. Here he comes!" Tentomon announced. They all huddled as close as they could to the pipe and watched as Kimeramon flew over head.
"Let's do it." Agumon whispered. The four digimon leapt to the top of the gas line and grasped the wheel in their claws. A steam of oil shot up into the air and each moved backwards to avoid the stream. The base that was moving through the night was splattered with the black gold.
"Go for it, guys." Nekomon said once they were back on the ground.
"Pepper Breath!" He shot a fireball at the thick protrusion of oil.
"Blue Blaster!" Gabumon shot a steam of ice.
"Psychic Blast!" Nekomon said, ears twitching wildly. The oil turned into flames and immediatly engulfed the base.
******

"Where did these flames come from?" The Digimon Emepor asked. He turned from the screens, "Hurry and get the fire extinguisher."
******

The Digi-Destined and their Armor-Digimon watched as the fiery base flew between the cliffs they were standing on.
"Look!" Kari cried, "Izzy's plan worked!"
"Well, the first part did anyway." Davis said.
"Alright!" Azukia called, "While he's busy taking care of his emergency, we sneak in!"
"Hey guys," Cody said, "You see that small door? I bet that's the entrance."
******

Nekomon, Gabumon, Agumon, and Tentomon were busy screwing the oil pipe shut once more.
"Well guys, we've done everything we can. Now what?" Agumon asked.
"There's only one thing we can do now." said Tentomon.
"Yeah, let's hit the sushi bar!" Gabumon said.
"You guys go ahead." Nekomon said, giving them a thumbs up, "I've got to catch up with Azukia.
******

"Part one of the plan went well." Izzy told Matt and Tai.
"Great!" Tai said.
"Will they be okay?" Matt asked, "I mean, they're in the most dangerous place possible."
"Worried about Emi?" Tai teased.
"Actually, I was worried about- Nevermind."
"Oh, who were you worried about?"
"No one!"
"Okay, now I"m suspicous!"
"That's your problem!"
"Guys!" Izzy cried, "We're just going to have to trust them! This time they're on their own."
"Good luck you guys." said Tai.
******

They were all inside now. "Okay, I'm exhausted." Davis announced, "Let's stop and sleep."
"Not yet." said TK, "Just a little bit further."
"Woah, look up ahead!" Ashlee exclaimed.
"It looks just like something out of a Sci-Fi movie!" Ashlyn gasped. Their rock tunnel had led them a large room covered in wiring.
"That must be the engine room." Tara said, pointing downwards into a small, circular room.
"Figures." Yoeli huffed, "The engine room is never on the same floor as the entrance."
******

"Oh look, Master, we have visitors." Wormmon said, seeing the group of Digi-Destined on the screen, "Should i put together another tray of Hor'devours?"
"How convient." The Digimon Emperor said, "I can destroy those kids without leaving home."
******

After a brief skirmish with a collection of Bakemon, the group was on its way. Pelting through hallway after hallway, they finally made to a wide cement room.
"Betcha Ken plays soccor in here." Davis said.
"With who?" Casey asked, "He doesn't have any friends."
The entire room began to shake. Then the cieling began to break apart. It was Kimeramon and he was now in the room with them.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shinypikachu2608 on October 26, 2008, 2:07:49 AM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608hey, where'd tara go?

StrawChan on October 26, 2008, 6:20:21 AM

StrawChan on
StrawChan"So now what?" asked Tara.

She's right here.

shinypikachu2608 on October 25, 2008, 12:16:29 AM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608ashlee:aww no more awsome tk

emi:well it was bound to run out sometime.