Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 45 - Genesis of Evil (Pt.1)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 45 - Genesis of Evil (Pt.1)

Chapter 45 - Genesis of Evil (Pt.1)
(Emi: I am so calling Ken "Kenny Boy" from now on. *evil grin*

Also...not very many OCs appear in this chapter. Sorry

I still think you should read it. It's totally sad.)


The bell rang and the usual scuffle of kids leaving filled the halls. Emi shouldered her backpack and made for the front doors.
"Emi!" TK called, "Where are you going? We've got computer club today!"
"Uh...Sorry..." Emi said, not turning around, "I've got something to do today. Something important." With that she left, TK staring suspiciously after her.
******

"Ken, honey, it's mom." Mrs. Ichijouji said quietly, "I just want you to know your father and I are right outside your door. We're not going anywhere, so when you wake up, we'll be here." She closed Ken's door softly and sighed sadly.
"Well?" His dad asked from the couch, "Is he awake yet?" Ken's mother shook her head mournfully and then sat beside him on the couch.
"But...I know he'll wake up. He just needs a little more rest."
"Don't worry," Mr. Ichijouji said as he took his wife's hand, "He's just like his mother."
******

"I know I should wake up," Ken thought to himself, "But I can't. It's not time yet." He was laying on the top bunk of his bed in his dark room. Ken was entirely wrapped in his sheets and his eyes were closed, "Not until I find my heart. It feels like I've lost it. I keep looking for it, but I just can't seem to find it. I know once I do, everything will be back to way it was..."
******

I remember when I was a little kid...
The quavery reflection of a young boy with thick glasses and messy blue hair shimmered.
I used to learn everything from my older brother sam. I remember when he taught me how to blow bubbles.
He was standing on a balcony with a younger kid, one with blue black hair and pink shirt. The latter had a straw in his mouth and was blowing a stream of bubbles from it.
At first, I couldn't do it, but he kept encouraging me. Soon, I was blowing bubbles bigger than he was. Sam was the real genius in the family. I was SO proud of him...
Now the younger Ken was clutching his mother's hand. He was smiling contentedly and walking in the park.
"Here come the neighbor ladies!" He said in his adorable voice. A woman with sharp sunglasses came up to them.
"My cousin knows someone who has a friend who says your little Sam is the smartest boy in school!" The woman exclaimed. Suddenly, different colored replicas of the woman started appearing.
"Can I get a picture with him?" Asked a pink reflection.
"I have three daughters I'd love him to meet!" Cried a blue reflection.
"Has he decided to be a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon?" inquired the purple woman.
"Where can I get his autobiography?" Exclaimed a grey relfection.
"You and your husband must be geniuses to have had him!" said the green one.
"Can I get a lock of his hair? I'd like to get him cloned." added a brown woman.
"Can he sing at my wedding?" Screamed an orange reflection. The smile on Ken's face disappered.
Those kinds of comments went straight to my mom's head.
His mother let go of his hand, "Oh Sam!" His mom said, going up to the bespectacled boy.
"Mama?" Ken asked.
"All the neighbors came up to me again and said what a wonderful boy you are. One of them even asked me for an autograph! Can you believe that?" She turned back to Ken, "Oh, Ken, I'm sorry, did you say something?"
"Nevermind, Mama. It's not important." Little Ken watched his mother and father play with Sam and seemed to be getting farther and farther away from him, "Mama and Daddy always pay more attention to Sam than to me," he said to himself, "I know they love him more because he's smarter than me. I'll never get either one of them to notice me as long as Sam's around. If only Sam weren't around, then I would be- Ah! That's it! If Sam weren't here, then I'd be the one they love. I wish Sam would just disappear!"
The scene changed. Sam was on the computer and Ken was on the floor, reading a comic book. Suddenly, something yellow came out of the computer and drifted to the floor. Sam and Ken got up and looked at it.
Then one night a digivice came out of our computer. I figured it must be Sam's.
"Sam, what is that?" asked Ken.
"I'm not sure, Kenny Boy," Sam answered, "Maybe the computer blew a fuse or something." He picked it up, "Let's take a look."
"Be careful!" Ken warned, "It might still be hot!" Sam stared at it and then brought it to his ear and shook it, "Is there something inside?"
"Uh-uh. I don't know what this thing is, but I'm gonna find out. Now listen to me, Kenny Boy, don't touch it." Sam walked over to his desk and put the digivice into one of the drawers.
I know that Sam told me to stay away from it, but I could help myself.
Young Ken opened the drawer and started at the object nesttled amount the paper.
I felt like I was being drawn to it somehow. Like something was telling me that it belonged to ME.
Little Ken beamed and reached for the digivice.
I just wanted to look at it. What harm could that do?
His hand closed around it and green light began to radiate from its center. Ken gasped and stumbled backwards. The room went dark and the computer screen began to glow. With that, he was sucked into the computer.
Several hours later, Ken's voice echoed in the apartment, "Ken? Are you still in my room? You better not be touching my stuff!"
Sam opened the door and peered around in the red glow lighting his room. Blue light exploded in it and he opened the door completely just in time to see Ken land on the ground.
"Woah! Cool!" Ken exclaimed, grinning at the digivice in his hand.
"Ken!" Sam snapped.
"Uh-oh."
"Just what do you think you're doing?!"
"I didn't break it!" Ken laughed, holding the object up to his brother.
"I said don't touch it!" Sam slapped the digivice out of Ken's hand. Ken's eyes filled with tears as he caressed his hurt wrist, "Don't touch my things ever again!"
"I'm...sorry." Sam moved past his brother without so much as a glance.
"You have to have respect for other people's things." He picked the digivice off the ground.
"I will."
"It's too late for that." Sam said, putting the digivice back in his drawer, "I already told you once not to go in my drawer and you broke my trust. Now I'll never be able to trust you again."
"But I...I-I-I-"
"You could have gotten hurt! Mom and dad would be looking to blame someone and it would be me. Not you."
"I said sorry..."
"Now get out! I have to study." Ken sniffled, stood up, and walked from the room.
Sam hated me. I wasn't as good a person as he was, but that wasn't enough for him; he had to punish me because of it. He didn't have to hit me. I just wanted to play with his toy. So what if I didn't ask for premission first? And I couldn't tell mom and dad 'cause as far as they were concerned he could do no wrong.
"Sometimes I wish...he would just disappear!" Ken shouted.
And then...he did.
Sam's silohette went flying through the air, his glasses askew, shoes falling off. And then his picture smiled through a glass frame. Ken's reflection in it grew.
"Sam! I didn't mean it!" Ken sobbed, "I was just mad when I said I wanted you to disappear! Look how sad I've made my parents. They loved Sam more than anything in the whole world! I know how much the both of you miss Sam, but I'm still here!"
Then one day I was playing on Sam's old computer and I found an e-mail that was addressed to me. I didn't know who would be writing to me or how they would know I was on Sam's computer.
'I'm sorry for the loss of your brother," read the e-mail, "It must have been hard to take...'
I was scared, and yet I was compelled to keep reading. It was as if I had been waiting for this letter my whole life.
'...but don't worry. Your brother is in a better place then this world. He has found rest. But when his soul became free, your's became trapped. You bear the burder of both his destiny and your own. Now that your parents have lost for their perfect child, you will be expected to carry out the dream that Sam can no longer fufil. This world will become unbearable; the pressure to succeed will be too great. But let me tell you about a better world that is much more appropriate..."
"What does he mean by another world?" Ken asked aloud.
'A world where your soul can finally be free to answer to no one but yourself. Open the drawer.' Ken gasped.
"The drawer?" He reached for and then stopped. He looked back at the computer and then shut his eyes as if struggling with some part of himself and then finally opened it.
'Use Sam's digivice!'
"I'm sorry Sam!" Ken said as reached for the digivice. Once again, as his hand enclosed around it, it shone with green light, the room went dark, and the screen glowed and Ken was sucked inside.
I'll never forget the first time I saw the Digital World. It was enormous. I stood there, all alone, in this huge empty world.
"Where am I?" Ken asked. He took a few steps and found himself wading in water. He dipped the digice into the matter and voice seem to call out to him, as if waiting for him. The digivice morphemed, becoming black and more advanced looking.
"I've been waiting for you." said the voice amid other things, "Now the games can begin. This world and everything in it belong to me!"
"This is MINE now!" Ken shouted, clutching at the digivice with both hands, "No one can ever take it away from me! Or hid it in a drawer!" An evil smirk stole across his face as the voices of his older self rolled over him.
******

Back in the real world, Ken's eyelids were twitching and he was making frightened noises in his sleep. Beside the bed, his mother and father were standing.
"I wonder if he's having a bad dream," His mother fretted, "I've been thinking. I was remembering back when Ken was younger. He was about the same age Sam was when we lost him. It was right around the time I noticed a big change in Ken. Remember? He started to put all his energy into his studies."
"Yeah?"
"It was almost as if our Sam had come back to us and I was the happiest mother in the world, but I never stopped to think what effect it might have on Ken. Do you think it's possible that's the reason he became like this?"
"Mmm...Maybe Ken didn't want to study so much. Maybe he wanted to spend more time playing. Although I do admit that I enjoyed the idea of being the father of a genius."
"What about Sam? What if we made the same mistake with Sam? He might have had interests we ignored."
"You're right. It's my fault. I shouldn't have pushed him so far. I loved the attention to much that I- I didn't realize what my son really needed most: The chance to be a normal kid once and awhile."
"I hate to say it, but we failed as parents."
"You're right."
"Ken? Please wake up."
"Please give us another chance to be better parents to you."
I can't wake up yet. I still haven't found my heart...I'm still trying to get back to that little kid that used to blow bubbles on his terrace. I'd stand there for hours, blowing them bigger and bigger. Each time, each one was completely empty inside. But none of them was as empty inside as I was. Maybe I was trying to show Sam I could blow bubbles bigger than he could and that I was better at something he was. But then again, who was it that taught me how to blow bubbles? Who made the soapy water for me and cut the straws? It wasn't my parents. It was Sam.
Sam finished striring the water and then handed his younger brother the cup and straw.
"Okay Ken." He said, "Let's go!"
"Thanks Sam." Ken said, taking the cup. He placed the straw in his mouth and blew until three bubbles come out.
"That great, Ken!" Ken handed the cup back to his brother.
"You try it now." Sam took it.
"Well, I'm not very good at blowing bubbles."
"Come on Sam. There's nothing in this world that you can't do."
"I can do it okay, but my techinque isn't quite as good as your's is. Your bubbles come out perfect because you're gentle. I blow to hard so mine pop right away." Sam blew and before the bubble even flew off of the straw, it popped. Ken gasped and then looked around. He was alone.
"Sam? Sam?! Where are you? Come back Sam!"
But Sam won't come back. He's gone forever. Maybe I am, too.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shinypikachu2608 on November 12, 2008, 12:32:11 AM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608....so emo.