Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Garurumon and Ceremon Appear

A group of kids go to summer camp and end up in a digital land. Faced with empending doom for both worlds if they can't help save them, the kids must band together for the good of two worlds.

Chapter 3 - Garurumon and Ceremon Appear

Chapter 3 - Garurumon and Ceremon Appear
Lawlz.
I think I need metal help.
I still adore this show just as much as when I was nine.


Several hours later, they had searched nearly the entire island. The sun was getting lower and lower in the sky, but it hadn't quite reached sunset by the time they made it to a grey, rocky cliff towering above the sea.
While most of the group decided to take a rest from walking and sit on the ground, Azukia and Tai walked the rest of the way to the edge. After a few moments of silence, Tai said:
"Yo, Agumon!
"What's up, Tai?" Agumon asked, standing up and walking up to them.
"I like it when you're Greymon. No offense, by why don't you stay that way?"
"Yeah, Nekomon," Azukia said, turning to her own digimon, "You're so pretty as Starmon. Why not keep yourself there?"
"We can't." Agumon said simply.
"Yeah, even superheroes need a rest." said Nekomon. Tai and Azukia nearly anime-fell off the cliff, but their two digimon managed to prevent that.
The rest of the group laughed, but were interrupted by an enormous roar issusing from a little ways off. Everyone looked over in just in time to see a rock wall crumble away to reveal a large black and grey triceratops creature.
"Who is that?" Izzy asked.
"That's a monochromon," Tentomon answered, "But don't worry, he's a laid back digimon."
"That's good." Emi sighed, looking relieved.
"Ah, whatever. I could take him." Coronamon said. The Monochromon turned its head towards the kids and roared again.
"He doesn't look too friendly." Casey observed.
"Well, they do get a bit edgy when they're hungry..." said Aoimon. The group huddled closer together as the Monochromon advanced.
"Then he must be starving." Tai moaned, "'Cause he looks really mad!" The Monochromon opened its mouth.
"I think he wants to eat us!" said Mimi. The kids turned around, but another Monochromon was right behind them, barring their escape.
"There are two of them!" Joe pointed out.
"Thanks for letting us know, Joe!" Azukia snapped.
"We're caught between a rock and two sets of teeth!" said Matt.
"Look!" Tara exclaimed, "There's a gap between these rocks!"
No one had to be told twice. Without another word, the children dove between the two rocks just in time to avoid being crushed between the monochromons' horns. They hid behind the rock and popped their heads over it to watch the two collide and begin fighting.
"Something must have set those monochromon off." Tai said.
"They're fighting over territory." Tentomon explained as the two digimon squared off.
"They can just have it then." said Palmon as she walked off.
"Palmon, don't leave without me!" Mimi cried. She ran off after her digimon and the rest of the team followed suit.
"They definetly don't need us hanging around!" Azukia shouted as they all ran away. The fight behind them excalated. Patamon tried in vain to fly away, but fell to the ground. TK, not far behind him, tripped.
"TK, come on!" said Matt. He crouched next to his little brother. Emi turned back at him and scowled.
"Come on you guys!" Tai shouted back. TK got to his feet once more.
"'Kay! We're comin'!"
Behind them, the Monochromon were wrestling. One violent movement sent them plummuting off the cliff.
******

(*rocks out to themesong and continues writing*)
"I don't ever walk this much, unless I'm at a mall." Mimi complained, "And as you can see, we're nowhere near a mall."
The sun was really setting by now and the leaves in the trees around them were stained pink.
"Mimi, stop whining." Tai groaned as he walked by her.
"No! My feet hurt!" Mimi snapped. Agumon paused by the girl and considered her for a moment.
"Why don't you take off your boots and socks? You might feel better that way." He suggested, "I think it's more practical that way."
"Not for Mimi." Casey said as she and Aoimon walked by.
"I am not dirtying my bare feet!" Mimi cried.
"I love the feel of dirt under my feet," said Palmon as she came upon the group, "Especially between my toes."
"Ew! Gross!"
"It appears that we may be losing our light source," Izzy observed.
"What a weird sunset." said Sora.
"This whole island is weird." Tara piped up, "I mean, does anyone else notice we're surrounded by street signs?"
"Who knows what will happen at night?" Izzy added.
"I detect water. Wait here while I check it ouy." said Tentomon. Tara, Izzy, and Sora gasped as he pushed past them and into the air, "Yes, as usual I am correct. It's a lake with fresh, clean water, and a variety of tasty fish! It's a perfect camp site."
"Finally!" Mimi huffed, "Maybe I can soak my poor, achy feet."
"Yay!" Gomamon cheered as ran towards the lake, "We get to swim! Oof!" Joe had grabbed the end of his tail.
"Wait, Gomamon! You should make sure it's safe first!"
"That's why I think we should quit walking and stop all the complaining." Matt said.
"Yeah, we're all hungry." Tai agreed.
"Because the only one who got to eat earler was you." Azukia said.
"Either way, we need to find some food!"
"That's an excellent plan." Joe said, "I like that plan a lot."
******

Thirty minutes later, they had worked their way down to the lake shote. Tara was even further weirded out by the strange land when she noticed their were electricity towers half-way submerged in the middle of the late.
"It should be safe to rest here tonight." Biyomon said.
"Yeah, I love camping!" Sora said.
"If Mimi won't walk in dirt, what makes you all think she'll sleep in it?" Casey sighed.
"That's right! No way!" Mimi said, shaking her head.
"Mimi, do you see a hotel here?" Tai demanded. Mimi looked around him and her mouth popped open. Everyone followed her line of vision just in time to see a spark of blue electricity come off one of the towers and run along a wire to what had seemed moments before to be a broken down trolley. It's headlights flashed.
"What's that?" Azukia gasped.
"It looks like a troley car." TK said.
"That's strange." said Izzy, "It's lights just...came on!"
"There must be some real people in there!" Emi exclaimed.
"Let's check it out!" Tai shouted. He, Azukia, and Matt ran off towards the trolley. The rest of the group blinked and than ran after them.
The trolley itself was sitting in the middle of small round island just off the edge of the lake. A thin strip of land connected it to the shoreline.
"Maybe it can take us home!" Mimi exclaimed, "In air conditioned comfort!"
Tai, Agumon, Azukia, and Nekomon pelted inside and instantly froze.
"There's no one here!" Tai shouted.
"Not a single person!" Azukia agreed.
"Totally empty." Sora said as she boarded. Izzy bent closer to the ground.
"No trolley car is this clean."
Mimi jogged over to the seats and bounced up and down a few times on them.
"Goody! These coushins are comfy!"
"Well, at least we have nice coushins..." Casey sighed. TK, Matt, and Emi remained outside.
"Something is wrong." Tai said, "Remember those phonebooths on the beach? Something just as freak could happen here!"
"Like Izzy aliens might actually use this to abduct us!" Azukia said in mock horror. Izzy glared at her.
"I think it's more likely this could start moving all by itself." Joe said. He was standing at the front with his hands on the control boards.
"Possibly, but then again, that might be how we get home." Tai agreed. Azukia sat down and Sora plopped herself down next to her.
"Then we have nothing to lose by staying here." Sora remarked. Casey nodded.
"And Mimi won't have to sleep in dirt!"
"Hooray!" Mimi cheered.
"Can we eat now?" Tentomon grumbled.
"That's right. I forgot!" Tai said.
******

A ripple in the water traveled towards the shore until Gomamon popped his head above the water.
"Gomamon! Quit playing the water!" Izzy shouted. He was sitting on the edge of the lake with a make-shift fishing pole in his hands. TK was standing right behind him, watching, "I can't catch any fish if you keep scaring them away!"
Tentomon, meanwhile, was gathering berries in the trees.
"Nekomon is in the water." Gomamon pointed out. He gestured with a flipper towards the cat underneath the water.
"That's different. She's actually helping."
"Yum yum! Can't get too many berries down the hatch!" He said as Joe, Sora, and Casey walked by carrying stacks of logs for the fire.
Agumon and Patamon were teaming up to get some bananas from a tall tree. Patamon stood on the other's head and shot a boom bubble at the fruit. The bananas fell down until the smacked Gabumon on the head.
"Owww!" Gabumon moaned, clutching at his head. The bananas had been speared on his horn. Biyomon giggled before taking off.
"You better watch that killer breath of your's, Patamon." She flew up to the side of a tree an atempted to pull of a strange looking fruit with her beak.
Casey, Aoimon, Palmon, and Mimi were collecting mushrooms. Casey and Aoimon had already managed to grab enough to fill Casey's pockets, but Mimi was still staring at some large tan ones at the base of a tree.
"Those are bad mushrooms!" Palmon warned, "You shouldn't eat them. You'll get sick."
"I'd be totally lost without you Palmon!" Mimi gushed, "You're the best!"
Tai, Sora, Matt, and Emi were standing around the pit they had made for the fire.
"We're all set to cook dinner." Matt said, "Now all we need is the grub."
"Great, but how are we supposed to light the fire?" Sora asked.
"Like this!" said Coronamon, "Corona-Knuckle!" He threw his flame covered fist at the wood, but nothing happened.
"My hero." Emi muttered, rolling her eyes.
"Let me try!" Agumon said, "Pepper Breath!"
"Wow, Agumon!" Tai cheered, "You're the best!"
"Hey, look everyone!" TK said, announcing his, Izzy, and Nekomon's appearance, "We caught lots of fish!"
"Thanks, Izzy!" Tai said. He took a fish from Izzy and held it over the fire while Matt grabbed one from TK and Azukia ran up to Nekomon to grab one of the fish in her mouth, "This is where I really wish we had a microwave."
"Same here, because you're about to lose your fingers." Matt said. Both he and Azukia and skewered their fish to a stick.
"How'd you two come up with that?"
"'Cause we're awesome!" Matt answered. He and Azukia dug their sticks into the ground next to the fire and then went back to do the rest of them.
******

It was night by the time all the food was ready. Tentomon and Biyomon were sharing a large fruit that looked like a watermelon except for the fact that it was yellow and pink inside.
"This is surprisingly good!" Tentomon said thickly. Izzy took another bite of his fish.
"Delicious!"
"Matt, mom only lets me eat fish sticks." TK said.
"I won't tell." Matt laughed. Emi frowned and took another bite of her food.
"I only eat with my fingers."
"TK, it's alright."
"Yeah." Said Tai, standing up and pointing at the younger boy, "You're hanging with the big boys now."
"A-hem?" Azukia said, raising one eyebrow.
"And the big girls." Tai amended.
"Okay!" said TK cheerfully before devouring his fish.
******

Sora was washing her hands in the lake after dinner when Tai called out to her. Soon the boy was by her side.
"What did you need, Tai?"
"Matt only treats TK like a father, not like a brother." said Tai, "Is it just me or have you noticed that, too."
"Yeah."
"I wonder-" Tai and Sora were interrupted by Joe walking up with a tremendous yawn.
"Hey, Joe. What are you looking at?" Sora asked.
"I'm trying to figure out what direction we've been going." Joe explained, "But the stars seem to be all mixed up. I haven't been able to find the North Star anywhere."
"I know! I don't recognize any of these constilations."
"You're forgetting your astronomy!" Tai said, "If you can't see the North Star, then it must be on the other side of the world."
"Do you think we could be in the souther hemisphere?" Sora asked. Joe turned around to look at the two behind him.
"Yeah, I guess that's possible...that is, if we're still on earth."
"What is that supposed to mean?" Tai demanded.
A few feet away, the rest of the group was sitting around the smoking remains of the fire. Patamon yawned and curled up.
"Looks like Patamon is tired." TK said with a smile. Emi already had her back against a tree with Coronamon sitting next to her. Coronamon was fast asleep and Emi was staring blearily at the space in front of her. Palmon and Gomamon were already leaning against each other, asleep. Azukia was sleepily drawing figures in the dirt with a stick and Nekomon was only half-awake to watch her. Only Tara was still hyper enough to be running around the fire pit playing tag with Canimon. Tai stretched and yawned himself.
"I'm getting pretty tired myself!"
"Wait a second." Izzy said as he walked up to the brown-haired boy, "I think we should take turns standing guard."
"Alright." Joe said, "Who wants to go first?"
"We shouldn't make the girls do it." Tai said, looking over at where Azukia, Casey, and Mimi were getting ready for bed, "How about each of the boys stand guard for about an hour?"
"Not TK." Matt said decidedly, standing up to convey his point. TK stood up and grabbed his brother's sleeve.
"Aw, c'mon. Me, too, Matt!"
"No. You're too young and you need your rest."
"I'm getting cold." Mimi complained, "I need a warm blanket to help me sleep!"
"Hey, Gabumon!" Tai said, grinning slyly at the blue-and-white digimon and grabbing his fur, "Watch out! Mimi might sneak up on you and steal your fur! So if you feel a little tug, it might be her about to pull your tail off!"
"Stop, Tai!" said Gabumon, pulling his fur from Tai's grasp, "That's not funny!"
"Quit it!" Matt snapped, pushing Tai away from his partner.
"What are you bugging about?" Tai demanded.
"Gabumon told you to stop! So knock it off!"
"Hey, you can't tell me what to do!" The two boys stepped forward and grabbed the other's shirt collar. Suddenly a loud burst of sound caused them to look around. Azukia had a silver whistle to her lips and was glaring at them.
"Stop fighting!" TK cried once Tai and Matt had paused long enough to ensure silence. Emi looked up from where she was nearly asleep, looking slightly more alert. Tara had stopped running and was staring at the bickering pair.
"Hmph." Matt and Tai turned their backs on one another and folded their arms across their chest. Joe walked closer to them and let out a nervous laugh.
"You'd both make great guards. Who wants to go first?"
"I will!" Tai said with a stomp of his foot.
"I'm next!" Matt said angrily. TK laughed and Patamon, perched on his shoulders, yawned again.
"How about Izzy takes over after that and I finish up the night?" asked Joe with a smile. Everyone seemed relieved that the fighting had died down, "I propose the rest of us treck back to the bus and get some shut I."
******

"I can't sleep with all of you here!" Mimi complained. Everyone had piled onto the trolley and the amount of people meant each person only had about one and a half of a seat to rest on. The digimon had covered the floor in leaves and were sitting in a heap together.
"Quit complaining, Mimi." Sora said.
"Yeah," Casey said with a nod, "Just be grateful we have a place to sleep."
"That's right, Mimi." Izzy snapped.
"Good night!" TK chirped before drawing his knees to his chest and closing his eyes. Patamon was sitting next to him, "Don't let the monochromon bite!"
"Thanks for reminding me!" Tara giggled.
One by one, everyone fell asleep.
******

Matt had opted to sleep by himself in another compartment and was sitting next to Gabumon. Even Emi had decided to sleep in the other car since Coronamon had insisted on sleeping with his friends.
Matt suddenly opened his eyes.
"Gabumon, go sleep with with TK and Emi." He commanded.
"Why?" Gabumon wanted to know.
"'Cause your fur is making me sweat." Matt said shortly.
"Because you want me to keep them warm." Matt stood up and turned his back on Gabumon.
"I didn't say that."
"You just don't want to admit it." Gabumon said as he walked off.
"Whatever."
******

A few minutes later, Gabumon had one twin in each of his arms. Emi was so tired that she had not woke up when Gabumonh had done so. TK, however, opened his eyes and looked towards the door.
"Thanks, Matt." he said sleepily. Matt turned away from him and blushed. Azukia, who had watched the whole thing from lidded eyes, smiled.
******

The fog around the trolley disappeared as the night wore on and eventually the headlights on the trolly shut themselves off. Back at the fire pit, Agumon had started another fire, but this wasn't helping Tai stay awake. He yawned for what seemed like the seventh time in three minutes.
"Tai, you don't want to fall asleep on your fist night watch." Agumon warned. Tai rubbed his eyes and stood up.
"My eyes won't stay open." He mumured, "I'm going to the lake to splash water on my face." As he walked away, he didn't notice that oddly large red and blue leaf he stepped on instead of stone.
As he rubbed his face with the chilly water, something caught his eyes. Tai stood up and looked behind him.
"Who's that?" He looked up and saw Matt standing on the hill above him. Tai scowled, "Oh, it's Matt. Didn't think I could handle this?"
"I couldn't sleep." Matt answered.
"Oh?" Tai jogged up the slope towards the blond boy, "And why not?"
"Look...I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to get so mad. It's just that, being here, and having to watch TK and Emi..."
"Do you guys even live in the same house?"
"Not anymore. Well, Emi lives with me and dad, but TK lives with my mom. We don't get to see each other much."
"That explains a lot..." Tai said to himself. He looked up at a sharp intake of breath from Matt. Suddenly the boy was running off along the edge of the lake. Tai shurgged and went back to the fire and Agumon, "Matt's a little strange." Both he and the orange dinosaur looked up as the sound of music drifted towards them. Matt was sitting on the other end of the lake, playing the harmonica.
Gabumon walked up after a few minutes and looked at Matt.
"That's is a wonderful sound!" He said.
"I agree!" Tara said. Unbeknownst to Gabumon, she and Canimon had followed him.
"Tara? Why are you out here? Go to bed." said Matt, pointing towards the bus. Tara shook her head.
"No. I can't sleep and I like to listen to you play."
"Canimon, make her go to bed."
"No go!" Canimon said, "I think it's important for children to make their own decisions."
"...Great."
"Come on, Matt! Play some more!" Gabumon said, "It's great!"
"...Maybe to a Saint Bernard with horn on his forehead." Tai said as the playing continued.
Tai drowsed for a few seconds and awoke with a start, sending a large, flame covered stick into the air.
"Watch out!" He warned. It landed on the odd leaf from before. This time, the leaf thrashed angrily and shattered the rock around him. The shockwaves collaspsed the fire and Agumon and Tai stood up, now fully awake, "Hey!"
The water in the lake turned violent and started seething in a growing spiral. Matt stood up, breaking the harmonic music to Tai's release, and gasped. Tara and Canimon stood up. Canimon stepped protectively in front of the young girl.
A sea-serpent's ahead rose above the water. He growled menacingly at Tai and Agumon who stared up, horrified. He then turned to Tara and Matt and did the same.
Back at the bus, everyone had woke up and were in a panic.
"What is that horrible sound?" Sora asked.
"It's an earthquake!" Mimi shriked. She threw herself to the ground and clutched at her hat. Her cousin showed more decorum and simply grabbed one of the poles with all of her might.
"The trolley is moving!" Joe cried, "I don't think it's taking us home!"
"What do we do?" Emi shouted, squeezing Coronamon so hard that the cat was turning blue.
"It's taking us towards that sea dragon!" Izzy yelled from his place with Tentomon underneath the seats.
"Oh no! Seadramon!" Tentomon cried.
"Everybody outside the trolley!" Azukia shouted.
"Why?" Mimi moaned.
"First rule of earth-quake safety- don't stay in an unstable area!" Azukia barked. Everyone followed her command and was soon on the shaking ground outside the bus.
"We're going to get eaten for sure!" Mimi cried.
Matt and Tara looked on in horror as the island containing the rest of their friends began to sink into the sea. Before it managed to submerge, Seadramon began swimming across the lake, tugging it right behind him. Somehow Tai had managed to get to the group before this and was now clinging to the island for dear life with the rest of them.
"We're going for a ride, Tai!" Agumon said.
"It's like we're on a monster long board!" said Tai.
"He's pulling us along by his tail!" Izzy observed, "I don't even think he realizes we're here."
"Perhaps not." said Tentomon, "He is a bit dense. As long as he doesn't see us, we should be safe."
"Don't be too sure." Agumon warned. Tentomon hopped onto the leaf on the ground and turned back to face Tai, Agumon, and Izzy.
"You guys jinxed us. Now he knows we're here."
"What? I didn't do anything." Tai and Agumon chorused. The leaf flung itself into the air, tossing Tentomon several feet upwards before eh was able to get off and right himself in the air.
"I guess he does know we're here!" Izzy shouted. The "leaf" blasted itself out of the water.
"That big red thing was his tail!" Tai gasped.
"It wasn't my fault." Tentomon insisted. The tail struck the side of the rock island, causing the children on it to fall over. Seadramon growled as he slowly submerged himself in the water.
"He's coming back!" Tai warned, "And he's not happy!"
The group on the island watched, horrorstruck, as the shadow of Seadramon slowly wound itsway towards them under the water. It disappeared underneath their island and then the stone beneath them ground into movement.
"We're going to crash into the shore!" said Joe.
"This is really going to mess up my hair!" Mimi moaned.
Back on the opposite shore, Matt and Tara could see what was happening.
"TK! Emi!" Matt shouted before diving into the lake.
"Matt, I'm just letting you know, my fur is going to get wet and I'm going to smell." Gabumon called after him. Then he dove into the water after his partner.
"Wait! Tara shouted, "I can't swim!" But neither Matt nor Gabumon heard her and she and Canimon were left on the shore alone.
While Matt was tearing through the water towards his siblings, the stone island ground to a halt against the submerged electricity towers.
"Great, he left us right in the middle of the lake." Tai said.
"...I don't suppose we could trick him into taking us back?" Izzy asked.
"Not unless your aliens want to help." Azukia said.
"Ooh, nobody asked you, Azukia!"
"Get ready! He's attacking!" said Tai. Seadramon reared his head high above the waves.
"Come on you guys! Let's send him back to the fishies!" Agumon called.
"Spiral Twister!"
"Boom Bubble!"
"Psycic Blast!"
Biyomon, Patamon, and Nekomon's attacks difused harmlessly against Seadramon's face.
"Poison Ivy!"
"Corona Flame!"
Coronamon and Palmon's attacks did not even reach him. Tentomon flew up to Seadramon's face and attempted a Super Socker attack, but it did nothing but serve to make Seadramon even more angry.
"Pepper Breath!" Agumon's attack did no more than the other's.
"Agumon! Digivolve!" Tai said desperately.
"You, too, Nekomon!" Azukia urged.
"I've been trying, but I just can't." said Agumon.
"You guys have to!"
"Maybe our bodies just haven't recovered from the last time." Nekomon said.
"But if you can't help us, who is going to defeat Seadramon?"
"TK! Emi! Over here!" The twins turned around and ran to the other end of the island, from where Matt's voice was issuing.
"Matt! Be careful, or the monster will get-" TK tripped as he was running towards the edge and tumbled into the water. Emi skidded to halt and stared into the water. Seconds later, Gomamon dove in after him.
"TK!" Matt shouted. He didn't have to wait long. TK bobbed to the surfuce on top of Gomamon.
"Wait to go, Gomamon!" Joe cheered.
"Wait!" Azukia shouted, "Did you leave Tara ALONE out there?!"
"Hurry up, Matt!" said Tai, "Get out of here!"
"It's Seadramon- He's back!" Tentomon added.
"Gomamon, you can do it."
"Right!" Gomamon paddled back towards the island while Matt shouted:
"Hey! Over here you over-grown water lizard!" He swam off while Seadramon's attention was focused on him.
"Blue Blaster!" Gabumon's attack did nothing. Seadramon sent the fuzzy blue digimon flying with a flick of his tail. With that same tail, he grabbed Matt's ankle and drug him underneath the waves.
Gabumon swam until he made it back to the group, all of which were crowded around TK as he said:
"It's all my fault! Matt was trying to save me; I'll never forgive myself!"
"Oh no!" Tai gasped. Matt was lifted above the surface, wrapped tightly in Seadramon's tail.
"This is not good." said Tentomon.
"Yeah." Nekomon agreed, "He may be a bubble brain, but once Seadramon finds his prey, he won't ever let go."
"Matt!" Azukia cried desperatley.
On the opposite shore, Tara was watching helplessly from the sidelines. Without thinking, she dove head first into the water. She didn't remember that she didn't know how to swim.
"Tara!" Canimon called.
"Patamon, you have to help him." said TK, "Hit Seadramon with a Bubble Boom!"
"Seadramon is too big, I just don't have enough power." said Patamon, "Gabumon, you're stronger, how about you?"
"You're right, Matt is in trouble and I must help."
"Gabumon!" Matt shouted.
"Matt! Hold on! I don't understand any of this, but I have to save Matt!"
"Oh no! Tara! What should I do? I can't swim either!"
Just then, both Matt and Tara's digivices began to glow. Both opened their eyes.
"Gabumon!" Matt shouted again. Tara opened her mouth, but only bubbles came out.
"Gabumon digivolve to...Garurumon!"
"Canimon digivolve to...Ceremon!"
Gabumon had transformed into a large white wolf with royal blue stripes. Garurumon's tail was also a tightly wound spring and he had feather like things sprouting from his back.
Canimon had changed only slightly. She was taller, her skirt grew more layered, and she had metal objects around her knees. She also had a small bird perched to her wrist.
The first thing Ceremon did was dive her hand into the water and drag a gasping Tara on to the shore. Once sure her partner would be okay, Ceremon leapt towards Seadramon. Garurumon did the same. He struck the tail, freeing Matt. The boy fell into the water.
Garurmon, meanwhile, had latched his teeth around Seadramon's sniwey body. Ceremon had one arm (the hand of which was metal) around Seadramon's head.
Matt swam back to the shore and Seadramon whipped the opposing digimon with tail, causing both to fall into the water.
"Are you alright Matt?" TK said. Emi raced up behind him, eyes filled with worry.
"Yeah; where's Gabumon?"
Garurumon and Ceremon were swimming around and around, desperately dodging Seadramon's attacks.
"Garurmon's fur is legendary." Tentomon informed the group, "It's as strong as steel. He's known as the Growling Torpedo."
"That's astonishing!" said Izzy, "Then he must be invincible!"
"That's what I've heard."
"With Ceremon's help, he's sure to be!" said Nekomon.
"Well, we're about to find out."
"I sure hope you are exaggerating with another one of your wild fish tales." Tai said.
"He could be." Agumon agreed.
"But I heard it!" Tentomon said. Seadramon shot out a blast of water at the two digimon. They both shut their eyes as it turned into snow around them.
"Seadramon is using his lethal Ice Blast!"
Garurmon stood up and the snow fell harmlessly around him.
"Howling Blaster!" A beam of ice froze the water being shot at them and hit Seadramon's face. While he was recoiling, Ceremon took her chance.
"Typhoon of Elimination!" She jumped out of the water and spun once, causing a destructive typhoon to blast into Seadramon. He fell into the water. The group of kids on shore cheered. Seadramon's body steamed as Garurumon and Ceremon took their original forms.
******

After a quick detour to pick a now recovered Tara up, Canimon and Gabumon made it back to the other children.
"Gabumon! Are you okay?" Matt asked.
"Sure. Not a great way to keep my fur dry, though."
"You digivolved into Garurmon just in time."
"Aw, Gabumon, thanks for saving my brother." TK said, racing up and giving Gabumon a hug.
"Any time, little friend." Emi nodded her thanks, but didn't hug him.
"Matt, you were so awesome against that monster!" TK said.
"You think so?" Matt asked.
"You were the man!" said Gabumon.
"And you were the wolf-man!" Everyone laughed.
"Thanks for rescuing me, Canimon." Tara said.
"Any time!" Canim chirped.
"Okay, very good, but how are we going to get back?" asked Joe.
"Just watch." Gomamon answered as he dove into the water, "Fish Power!"
A large amount of brightly colored fish gathered around him and started pushing the island back to where it came from.
******

It was late morning now and everyone was exhausted since they hadn't had any sleep.
"Gabumon, may I use you as a pillow?" Mimi asked, "I promise I won't take your fur."
"Actually, there seems to be a patern here." Izzy remarked.
"How so?" asked Casey.
"Well, this time only Gabumon and Canimon were able to digivolve."
"Yeah, Izzy's right!" said Sora, "Before, only Agumon and Nekomon could digivolve."
"You're right! It's all beginning to make sense!" Tai said, "Agumon and Nekomon digivolved when Azukia and I were in danger."
"And Canimon and Gabumon digivolved when Tara and Matt were in danger." Azukia added.
"That has to be the answer." Izzy said with a nod, "Our digimon digivolves when we're in trouble."
"Wow, that must be it." Sora said. Just then a sleeping Mimi fell on her shoulder. Sora laughed and pushed her off.
"Hey! Watch it!"
"Is it time to go to the movies?" Mimi mumbled. Casey laughed.
"Here, you can sleep on my shouler, Mimi."
"We've been here just one day and she's got some muscle on her." Sora said.
"Yeah, maybe she'll become a hard bodied machine like I am." Agumon said.
"I hope she grows pink wings just like mine." added Biyomon. Soon, everyone was asleep but Tai, who was watching over them.
The sound of a harmonic filled the area and Tai yawned and looked across the way. Matt was sitting against a tree, playing his instrument with his two siblings and their digimon sleeping against his legs.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment