Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - The masked blissful baka

A tale threaded by the maidens of Fate that shows how far one would go to gain what is lost, to love, and stand up for what is right; even if you have to face the demons of Hell itself along the way....

Chapter 11 - The masked blissful baka

Chapter 11 - The masked blissful baka
Well it has indeed been awhile huh old friends? I do apologize again for my prolonged disappearence. Ah time is a sneaky thing, loves sneaking up on you to perform a wedgie and what not. But now that I am somewhat back, I decided to bear you a gift this year. That gift is yet another chapter of this long intense story of bonds and determination to defy even god himself. Now where did we leave off? Ah yes, Edward has just managed to defeat Vegeta. However in the process he got quite a tail whipping. The portal to Louis's world has been closed off thankfully, but more undead still lurk about. But there is good news, Edward has vamperic training to look forward too and some free automail modifications. Yet before he can get to that...he has to let Alphonse know what he shares with his younger sibling now...that being immortality.

A soft chirping greeted Edward's ears. He groaned and squinted when he felt the warmth of the sun and it's glare shining in on him. Wait...the sun! Immediatly Edward yelped and flailed diving under the covers the best he could. Damn he forgot for a minute he was a vampire and he read sun and bloodsuckers didnt exactly mix.

"Relax kid, we dont burn up in the daylight. You're too stuck on the fairytale hooha crap." A red haired male exclaimed, sitting at Edward's desk as he was tinkering with something. Edward blinked, peeking out of his covers when he saw the male. He was indeed new, his hair looked messy but short. His eyes were a dark reddish or brown in color and his skin was pale. The male's voice also appeared to me calm and relaxed, like Itachi's. Nope he hadnt seen this guy before, but he felt that he knew him somehow, the aura was familier.

"The hell you doing in my room while I'm sleeping!? There's something called privacy ya know!" Ed then snapped twitching, oofing when the pillow next to him smacked him in the face. When it came to this, he was a pillow's dog. That was twice now he ate pillow cloth.

"This is the only spot I can work quietly. And shut up I'm working on your automail, thanks to that monkey it got wrecked to hell. By the way incase you didnt take the hint yet from my aura, i'm Sasori." The red head exclaimed, not once looking up from his work as the alchemist blinked in surprise.

"W..what?! But your voice...and your appearence. I dont get..."

"That was one of my puppets idiot. I move around in him most of the time, helps for when I have to lay low. So when people are looking for that appearence, I step out of it in my true body. Besides the hands on that one dont work as well since it's a puppet modified for combat rather than repairing things." Sasori said, cutting Edward's questions off as the blonde nodded, eyes resting on his arm on the desk infront of Sasori now. Not only that but his leg was next to the arm!

"H..hey what the heck you doing with my leg too?! My leg wasnt busted!" Ed then yelled twitching more as he looked down seeing he had a spare prosthetic that Winry had givin him that he could wear when his other leg would get snapped or broken in a fight. This was so that he could walk around while she fixed his leg up, since he didnt like to sit around very long as most would know by being around him.

"I need to modify it. You arent a human anymore. Sarah told you that you can shapeshift right? Well I am putting a special element in your automail that allows it to correspond with the transformations. We wouldnt want you to morph into a horse and have a human arm and leg now would we?" The puppetmaster then said calmly. Upon hearing this Edward brightened up. That's right he forgot almost about the training.

"Oh yeah, say when can we get to training? I cant wait to be able to use new ways to show up that smug obnoxious @$$ Roy." Edward asked, grinning at the sheer thought of this as he wobbled over to look at the handiwork. Sasori grunted and shoved Edward away from the table alittle, not being one for close contact or over the shoulder people, aka rubberneckers.

"In a few hours, til then get something to eat and let your brother know you are ok. Tin can keeps peeking in on you every damn ten minutes. I had to throw a book at him last time." Sasori muttered, Edward sweatdropped at this before chuckling.

"Ah he's just worried is all. And dont be soo harsh to him, he's stronger than he looks you know. Besides you cant hurt him even if ya tried so that just got him emotionally." Ed said with a light grin before he walked towards the door.

"I know his situation so dont think I'm surprised with his state. And Edward..." Sasori replied back, raising his voice to catch the short male's attention. Turning Ed raised a brow out of curiosity.

"Tell him. He'd be mad at you if you kept secrets from him. I doubt Alphonse will fear you. You are his brother after all." The red head said in a serious and firm tone, eyes of deep brown meeting gold. Edward flinched at the words, but Sasori was right. He couldnt keep his from Alphonse any longer. He had to tell him what had become of his older brother. He swallowed hard, eyes lowering to the floor. Giving a nod he turned and headed out of the room after he pulled the door open slowly.

"Yeah...just hope you are right." The blonde muttered weakly under his breath. Heading out of the room Edward started his walk down the hall. Sure enough, next to his own room Alphonse was sitting, staring out the window with his empty eyesockets that were lit with pinkish white orbs indicating eyes. Hearing the creaking of the floor, Al turned and his eyes widened abit.

"Brother! It's good to see you up. We thought you'd be out for another day at least." Alphonse said in relief. Ed blinked in confusion before it registered.

"I was out for a whole day?!" Edward said in shock as Al nodded chuckling.

"Yeah, Itachi said you needed that time to rest and recooperate. All the while I kept an eye on you with Sarah. Tifa came in to see if you needed food but you were out like a log. However Sasori got irritated with the new guy bugging him and came up in your room to work on your new arm and leg. You must have been out, considering you didnt even flinch when he took your leg off without drugging you first." Alphonse explained. Edward laughed some as he then gave off a shrug.

"What can I say, felt like a ran through the whole desert non-stop with that last fight. Wouldnt be surprised if I was sacked out for that lo- wait what new guy?" Ed then asked, raising a brow while Alphonse sweatdropped.

"He's another friend of Sarah's. I'd introduce you...but he creeps me out too much." Alphonse stated shivering as Ed eyed his brother. Now he had to see this guy. Then he remembered why he approached his brother in the first place.

"Wait Al....there's something I have to tell you first. It's about my body and what not. You've been asking before, so I'll tell you now." Ed said, tone becoming quiet yet firm. Alphonse tensed up at this. He was glad to hear he'd be let in on this secret. But uneasy at the same time. Turning, the suit followed after his shorter yet older of kin into his own room Tifa had givin him. Moving over towards the window, Ed stared out the window a few minutes. The silence was like toture to Alphonse. Only the ticking of the kuku clock hanging on the wall that was modified to have a kitten come out and mew on every hour hung in the air.

"Brother...what is it? What have you...become?" Alphonse asked, stepping forward a tiny bit as Edward sighed scratching the top of his head. How would he tell Al this? Well he couldnt let him hang anylonger so he had to tell him before Al started to panic again.

"Alphonse. I have something incommon with you now. The other's have probly hinted at it but they kept quiet so I could tell you." Edward said, taking a deep breath before he turned, gold hues resting on the suit of empty armor now as his face was calm and collected. "Alphonse. I'm an immortal vampire now, just like Sarah, just like her friends. It explains how I endured soo much punishment at Vegeta's hands yet came out fine after a day's worth of sleep. Look not even a scratch on me." Edward stated, nodding to the marks on his arm and body, well lack of marks. Al's eyes widened in surprise and shock. Of course, it made sense now. A few moments of silence passed before the suit of armor laughed lightly. Ed frowned and twitched jabbing a finger at him.

"What's soo funny?! Arent you scared of me? I just told you I'm a friggin bloodsucker, someone who takes life inorder to live!" Ed snapped as Al shook his head and looked to his older brother again.

"I'm relieved is all. I was scared you would say you were some mutant alien or something was happening to your body. Besides I know you brother, you'd never kill another inorder to sustain yourself. Best bet is you'd raid the blood banks." Al explained while sighing in relief, Edward twitching at this more. Still Alphonse held a valid point. He just scoffed and chuckled, sending his younger brother a grin.

"Ah shaddup you know it all. Now how about we go greet the others? I'm friggin starving! Tif's cooking bacon now c'mon!" The blonde exclaimed, drooling at the smell that greeted his nose as he headed for the stairs after bolting from Al's room. The suit of armor nodded and followed after Ed, surprised at his burst of speed. Then again, for being a small fella Edward was always fast on his feet anyways. However he was indeed glad to know nothing too terrible had happened to his older brother. But that made him worry about the others. Sure Edward was a saint...but were they when it came to their liquid thirst craving?

"Ey Tif im up so give me everything you have cooked up!" Edward hollared as he dashed down the stairs. Tifa who was busy cooking the aforementioned bacon looked over towards the blonde when he stood infront of the bar since most of the seats were full. Shadow occupying the one next to where the blonde stood.

"Good to see you up. Give me a minute and I'll have a big breakfast ready for you kid." Tifa said with a relieved smile. Shadow kept quiet, sipping at some coffee from what it looked to be as Louis was behind the bar, passing out drinks.

"Hmm, he helping you Tifa?" Ed asked, noticing Louis's actions as the brunette nodded.

"Yep, he's got a job here so he can be a good boy." Tifa exclaimed, the japanese/mexican mixbreed waving to Edward when he noticed the alchemist was up too.

"Ey good to see you up holmes. You had us thinkin you'd be out a whole month or somethin." Louis stated as Edward grinned shrugging. However before he could get a reply out, he heard a loud annoying male voice ring out.

"TOBI A GOOD BOY TOO!" The male yelled wearing a orange mask and messy black hair and in the same outfit as the others, diving through the kitchen door as he slid in through the main room on his stomach. To the Elric's despair the floor was freshly waxed. Alphonse meeped flailing his arms in an attempt to hint to the male to slow down. However the male named Tobi failed to adhere to this warning, unable to slow his bellyslide or steer it to the side as he crashed into Al's feet, causing him to stagger before he fell literally ontop of a screaming Edward who was squished by the large armour. "Ooopsy. Tobi's fault sorreh. Wanted to test out the shiny floors I did!" The weird male exclaimed, sitting ontop of the armour as Al sweatdropped.

"Eh it's alright, just an accident. Dont do it again though please." Alphonse said weakly as Tobi flailed his arms.

"But it was funnnnn~!" he called out like a ten year old just getting off the latest rollar coaster.

"If you two dont mind...could you GET THE HELL OFF ME!" Edward hollared, the suit quickly eeping and jumping off his older brother as Tobi went rolling.

"Ack im sorry brother!" Al said, helping Edward up to his feet as the blonde murred dusting himself off.

"It's ok Al dont worry about, wasnt your fault. I suppose this is the new guy you told me of?" Ed then asked his brother who nodded looking to Tobi. Tobi tilted his head to the side, looking at the blonde before he scooted closer, too close for comfort. Edward megasweatdropped as the masked male prodded his forehead. "Um, there's something called personal space, and you're in my bubble pal." he then muttered twitching when Tobi was now tugging lightly at his antenna thingy in his hair. Without warning he then picked Ed up by the back of his shirt collar and flailed his free hand franticly while turning in the direction of where Deidara and Itachi were sitting in the bar.

"ITACHI AND DEI SAMA, LOOKIE TOBI FOUND A LEPURCHAUN, WE GONNA BE RICH! SEE I CAUGHT HIM!" The masked dunderhead exclaimed in a joyful tone. Shadow could only smile in amusement as Alphonse would have gone pale if that were possible. He just opted for meeping and backing away to a safe location. Itachi and Deidara clearly knew this male wasent bright in the head, only chuckling as they looked away again.

"Dead man walking un." Deidara said to Itachi. Tobi tilted his head, wondering why his comrades werent phased by his amazing discovery. He learned in a moment when he heard felt a swift foot to his jewels. This of course caused the masked male to double over and dropped his tiny discovery who then proceeded to lift him up over his head. Tobi squeaked and flailed franticlly at this surprised by the tiny male's strength. Not to mention it was just with one arm!

"YOU'LL PAY WITH YOUR DAMN SOUL FOR THAT YOU MASKED ADD RIDDEN frackMOOK!" Ed hollared, literally flinging Tobi like a football as the male screamed, soaring through the air like a missle before slamming hard into the jutebox which then fell down on the cloaked ninja. Alphonse sweatdropped, running over to hold the blonde back before he could do further damage. Shadow just glared at the gawking customers.

"Quit staring less you want to be next. Kid's got a fuse shorter than his height. One wrong look and your mincemeat." he muttered to those closest to him, this of course caused them to yell for their checks or pay their bills.

"Brother easy he didnt mean it! Besides Tifa will skin you if you keep it up." Al said, cooling Edward off right away when he realized his actions. He meeped and turned to see Tifa glaring from across the bar.

"D..dont worry I'll fix it when my automail is back in top form!" he said quickly. Tifa nodded but still held that firm motherly glare before she continued to cook.

"Damn holmes, guess you're dangerous even without the automail heh." Louis said with a laugh as he walked over propping the jutebox back up to it's normal standing position, Tobi still knocked out cold. Ed just scoffed and headed over to where Itachi and Deidara were sitting.

"Yeah well he was asking for it. No one calls me short and gets away with it." he growled out, planting himself in the open chair at the table where the other vampires sat. Sarah was also there, currently giggling herself silly as Itachi sighed.

"He wont learn from it though Edward. Tobi is alittle...." Itachi started, trying to think of what to say as Deidara cut in.

"59 watts short of a 60 watt lightbulb yeah." This of course got Sarah to giggle more before she smiled over at Ed

"Good to see you are up. Hope Sasori wasnt too much of a douche. I mean that's your room he's working in after all. Then again you cant blame him...Tobi kept poking at your automail and asking if Sasori was making a robot or iron man suit." Sarah exclaimed, causing Edward to sweatdrop as he eyed the male who Al was picking up and placing on the couch at the lounge on the otherside of the tavern.

"Just how weird and childish is that guy?" Ed asked, causing Deidara to snicker as Sarah smiled.

"He's not very bright, but he does have potentiol. We dont take just anyone into the clan you know." Sarah then said as Deidara nodded.

"Yeah, he's and idiot that makes Paris Hilton look like a neuro surgeon and you have mind numbing height to almost look mirco in siz-OW!" Deidara hollared, rubbing his head as Edward twitched cracking his knuckles.

"Dont push your luck, I can still put a hurting on others even with just one arm. Or did you miss how your friend kissed the jutebox?" Edward hissed out that dark voice of his as Deidara scooted away. Itachi however stopped Ed before he could continue hitting Dei when the longer haired blonde shafted him when far enough behind the table.

"Dont waste your energy Edward, we need you at fullpower so you can train. Eat up and restore your physical strength. You probly depleted abit of it flinging Tobi like a nerf football. Then rest for abit and Sasori should have your new appendages done soon." Itachi said firmly as Ed murred and nodded, taking his seat again as he relaxed.

"So, while I wait for breakfast and for my arm and leg, about this stone. Can you tell me where it is and what not? Cause once I get my training out of the way...I want to get it badly." Edward asked, Itachi looking to Deidara and Sarah before he nodded.

"We had a feeling you'd ask that. Sarah was right at saying you were a busy body. The crimson blood stone, as it's fully called so as to not confuse it with that cheap amplifier you encountered in Lior, is located in a castle on the otherside of this city deep in the heart of the woods of oblivion. This is our main stronghold of our leader." Itachi then stated as Ed raised an eyebrow.

"Woods of Oblivion...I heard of that place before." Edward stated, recalling it's name one time in a book he read through a good while ago.

"I heard of that place too. Isnt that the place where if you go into it, you never come out again? That or you come back out completly insane and a mute?" Al asked, walking over as he just got into the conversation. Ed nodded to his brother's explaination while Deidara and Sarah nodded too.

"Yeah that's the place un. Master chose that place for a reason yeah. Infact, the forest is like that due to o-"

"Deidara, not too much information." Itachi muttered, kicking the male in the shin as he yelped and whined, sending him a glare.

"What, he's joining so why keep it a secret un?!" Deidara snapped as Itachi hinted at the fact there were nosey customers about.

"Later we'll tell you. Right now go eat; your food is ready Edward." Itachi then said, ending the conversation as Ed frowned. He wanted to know more right now but the older male had a point. Getting up he followed after Al and sat at the bar where he happily filled up on Tifa's cooking.

A few hours later, Ed was currently trying to surpress his pain when Sasori was hooking up his nerves to his automail. Sarah and Alphonse on both sides of him helping to keep him from writhing around in agony. Tobi sitting behind him awake once more and messing with his hair out of boredom. This due to Shadow scaring him off when he dared to go near him asking if he could braid his hair. "Oh stop it, you'll live you baby." Sasori muttered as the blonde twitched. He was half tempted to kick the puppet master in the face...however he didnt want to have to pay a fortune since Sarah warned him to be nice to the red haired asshat.

"You...you'd think this wouldnt hurt anymore...ha well this sucks." Ed said between gritted teeth while Sarah held his flesh hand, chuckling as he squeezed it when Sasori put in the last connection.

"There, now quit whimpering. The automail is much stronger and lighter. But try not to overuse it too much with your tasteless transformations since it's a prototype. You can still bring out arm blades and gattling guns etc. But refrain from turning it into something like a giant tasor or tower of blades. It's strong as hell now, but still a first attempt from me. Also as I said before, it can endure the shapeshifting." Sasori explained, Edward nodding as he moved his arm a few times along with his new automail foot.

"Feels pretty damn good. It's as if it were Winry's work on steriods." Ed said with a grin, glad to have his arm back again. This new arm which he happily used to whirl around and clock the masked ninja knocking Tobi off the couch who then faceplanted in a dazed heap. "Ha! Strong as hell too, coulda swore I heard that @$$'s nose crack." he then said proudly, Sarah facepalming as Al shook his head chuckling.

"Careful brother...let's not have Winry catch wind of you praising another mechanic." Al said teasingly as Ed laughed nervously at this. However he was whimpering mentally at the scary thought of Winry taking him apart for the praise he just gave the red head.

"Whatever, she deserves the praise more for the amazing workmanship. Even in tatters it still held a good enough design for me to work with. But anyways I added some modifications to it." Sasori said, holding Edward's arm up as he then made him clench his fist. A soft click sounded in the arm before a katana shot out of the wrist. Making him clench the fist again the sword retreated back into his arm. Ed blinked in surprise at this before grinning.

"Well that will come in handy, saves me a few more seconds in a battle. Thanks Sasori." the alchemist then said before he rose to his feet, stretching and flexing abit more to get used to his new limbs. "Allll right. Now that I got my new parts, im ready for training." he said, Sasori nodding to this before he rose to his feet, tossing Ed a cloak as Edward flailed managing to catch it in time. He looked it over sweatdropping, it was the same black large coat with the red and white clouds as their's. "The hell's this?" He asked as Sasori headed towards the back towards the pinball machine.

"It's your training clothes. I have yet to tailor you one so my scorpian puppet's coat will have to do for now. Let's get moving, I'll explain down in the training room what your coat is needed for." Sasori stated firmly. Ed blinked but shrugged at this, heading over towards the back as Sarah and Alphonse followed. "Tobi, wake up, you'll be needed too!" Sasori snapped, the masked male then hopping up scaring the crap out of Ed.

"YAY TOBI NEEDED, TOBI LOVED!" He yelled excitedly, oofing when Shadow smacked him upside the head causing him to yelp as he then skittered over towards Sasori and the others. Louis could only laugh at this while Tifa sighed.

"Good luck holmes, would watch ya but gotta make sure mister grumpy here doesnt eat anyone's souls since he's getting fat." Louis called, yelping and cursing in spanish when he forgot of Shadow's intense speed as said male had appeared infront of him, only to pour hot coffee on his crotch, the mixbreed unfortunatly having been sitting down at that time.

Edward could only laugh as he waved to Louis, Tifa, and Shadow. Turning he then slammed his fists against the buttons on both sides of the pinball machine, the floor below him and the group lowering into the next level of the building. He grinned as they headed for the training room, excited for what training they had in store. "Only a matter of time before we get that stone Al." he said, said armor nodding, he too looking forward to being one step closer to reclaiming what was lost.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CuteFox300 on December 29, 2010, 7:52:18 AM

CuteFox300 on
CuteFox300I liked that chapter a lot! I can only imagine Ed robbing the blood banks..XDDD

SweetxinsanityxSarah on December 29, 2010, 1:46:53 PM

SweetxinsanityxSarah on
SweetxinsanityxSarahOnly part I can see in this is Ed getting squashed by Al while Tobi zooms in on the floor. xD