Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Demons of Schlafrig Hobl

A tale threaded by the maidens of Fate that shows how far one would go to gain what is lost, to love, and stand up for what is right; even if you have to face the demons of Hell itself along the way....

Chapter 13 - Demons of Schlafrig Hobl

Chapter 13 - Demons of Schlafrig Hobl
Greetings, it's good to see you have returned; craving another chapter of this long and delightful dark fable. I do apologize again for keeping you hungry for a long time. But as you know it get's bothersome from time to time to try and carve out free time when we are all shackled to a busy predestined life. Anyways; let's continue our tale with no more distractions to halt us. Where we last left off, Edward Alphonse and other soliders from Central were headed to the dark dank town of Schlafrig Hobl. What is waiting for them there? And moreover, will they be able to tell the angels from the demons in this foggy little town?

A large male that was cyborg like in nature stalked through a dank dusty building that had seen better days. His black cloak dragging webs and dust over 30 years old along with him as he passed by two odd looking beasts that were adorned with the ouroboros symbol on their foreheads; they were standing guard at a set of double doors. Seeing the amber eyed masked cyborg they bowed their heads and stepped aside, allowing him to enter.

"M'lord, it seems those military dogs have called for backup and are sending in more troops to halt our plans." The cyborg exclaimed in a dark ominous raspy voice, his eyes resting on a tall silver haired figure standing at the end of the large library infront of a bay window that overlooked the city. The silver haired man didnt turn, but spoke nonetheless to the cyborg.

"It should not worry you. Send more of the infected after them or your droids. They are humans after all, nothing but twigs to our powerful vines." He exclaimed, the cyborg hesitating before speaking again.

"If that were the case I wouldnt worry you my lord...but upon overhearing the transmission I heard they were sending top ranked alchemists. The Strong armed alchemist, the Flame alchemist, and Fullmetal. I thought it would be wise to alert you to this." he stated in a truthfull tone. The silver haired man merely chuckled before shaking his head.

"They must be really desperate...to send out the big dogs. Yes there must be something very important here that they do not wish for us to find. Wipe them out with no mercy general. Show them that military dogs are nothing compared to the wolves of the night." The man then stated, the cyborg nodded, amusement in his eyes.

"Yes m'lord. I'll have fun while shredding them to peices; you can be sure of that." The cyborg general stated with a malicious tone to his voice. He then turned to head out before stopping when he heard the silver male clear his throat; a hint he wanted him to stop as he then glanced over his shoulder.

"But one thing...keep the one known as Fullmetal alive for me. For I need to...test him to see if he is the one that was spoken of by Master." The man then stated, turning his head just slightly, his bright green eyes having a carnivorus look to them as it sent chills down the cyborg's body; who then gave a quick nod before leaving the room.

The party that was dispatched to the town slowly entered it with hesitation. Edward, Alphonse, Roy, Alex Louis Armstrong, Riza Hawkeye, and fifteen lower ranked soliders looked about at the destruction caused by some unknown force. Large trees were literly sticking out of houses. Blood splattered against most of the ground and walls of the buildings along with a few carcasses here and there. Fire of course was choking crashed cars and telephone poles along with buildings too. Crows were the only audible thing in the town, the beasts watching the uneasy group with their onyx oval orbs; wings fluttering every now and then.

"Damn...it's like a battlion and a hurricane hit this place..." Edward muttered to a whimpering Alphonse.

"It's far worse than what was reported to headquarters." Riza stated with a slight frown.

"Such devastation...who could do such a thing?" Armstrong asked, disgust and remorse evident in his blue eyes. Roy kept a firm face while looking to the soliders.

"Look for surviving members of the team that called us and let us know immediatly if you find them. Be on the lookout for beasts called Hunters, or Smokers. They are infected humanoids. And if you see a big hulking beast called a Tank; do NOT fight it, run without hesitation! These things are said to have been the ones that attacked this town so be careful and dont be swarmed by them. You have your orders now move out!" Roy stated, the soliders saluting him before they dashed off in pairs of threes in different directions of the destroyed town. The remaining four soliders and Alphonse then heading east towards a big rundown building that appeared to be city hall. As they walked along toward the center of town, most of them failed to notice another was following them...white orbs glowing in the fog as it leapt over rooftops to keep up. The being nearly tripped, having knocked off a chuck of burnt ply wood. Alphonse mewed having heard the wood hit the ground, getting a weird feeling before he turned to look in the direction of the entity.

"Al come on you're bumping into me! What's the matter you forget how to walk or something?" Ed asked with a tad bit of annoyance to his tone. Alphonse blinked and looked to his brother after not having seen anything on the rooftop due to the intense fog filling the air.

"S..sorry brother. Just that this town is s..scaring me. It gives me the creeps." Al said in a small tone, showing he was being sincere about this. Having heard this Ed blinked before laughing in amusement.

"What are you kidding me Al, you're getting the heebie jeebies? You're a big suit of armor, who would want to mess with you? Look at Lt Riza up there, walking all calm and collected and she's just a girl!" Edward stated, gesturing to said woman who hadnt heard him. Instead her focus was turned towards them, her gun pointing to their direction. Immediatly Ed panicked, flailing his arms defensivly. "Whoa whoa whoa put that away Luitenent I didnt mean to insult you! I was j-" he was cut off as gunfire sounded, Roy and Armstrong turning their attention to the three, Alphonse ducking for cover cowering. When the gunfire ceased, a hunter fell behind the blonde alchemist, bullets riddling it's body. Edward panted, horror in his eyes as he felt all over himself before turning his gaze to the dead beast. He turned then glaring. "Dammit you could have warned me that something was sneaking up on me!" he barked, jumping then when more infected came crawling out of the buildings.

"Wish they were this noisy when they are hiding." Roy muttered, pulling his signature white gloves on as Armstrong got into a fighting stance.

"No choice, looks like we have a fight on our hands boys so get ready." Riza then said to Ed and Al once they recomposed themselves.

"Not surprising, damn things are everywhere it seems." Ed stated, dashing forward as he kicked one of the hunters in the face when it got too close, all the while transmuting his arm into a blade as he then stabbed it into the zombie's throat to finish it off. Al meanwhile was charging through a throng of smokers, grabbing one by it's tongue and swinging it into the others, dazing them before clapping his hands and slamming them to the dirt, spearing the things into the air with sharp spikes. Roy and Armstrong handled the others with their signature moves, fire, bullets, and sheer brute strength. Here and there Edward tested his telekinesis; slamming a few of the zombies into one another or impaling them on sharp objects withen range. He was careful to do this when Roy, Riza, or Armstrong werent looking of course.

"You're getting good at that brother." Al stated, finishing off the last of the infected; sending it through a building's wall killing it instantly.

"Yeah yeah now shush and let's get moving. We cant let em know remember?" Ed whispered to Al when the armor moved closer, said younger Elric nodding as they then caught up with the others as they continued their trek through the destroyed town. A few minutes later Riza stopped, pressing the communicator on her left ear when it beeped.

"Speak." She stated in a calm voice, the others stopping when they saw she was getting a transmission. Listening she then nodded before turning to Roy.

"Sir; one of the teams have found some surviving soliders to the west near a food market. They say we have to hurry for they need medical help." She exclaimed, Roy nodding as the group of five hurried in said direction, taking out any infected that got in the way. It didnt take long, thankfully due to small numbers of Hunters here and there and no Tanks in sight. When they got there, they noticed three badly wounded soliders and the rest were practilly burned or torn apart. Alphonse backing away as Ed grimaced. The team that came with them saluted, gesturing them to the men.

"We found them like this, these three hid which was a good thing since they saw what attacked them. They say it wasent those beasts from Central though." The one stated uneasily, Roy nodding as he walked over and kneeled down to the injured soliders.

"What happened...what attacked you solider?" Roy asked, the brown haired solider looked up, coughing weakly as he held his stomach in pain. Taking a breath he then started.

"They...were ghouls. Or...looked like them at least. Glowing eyes...and antenna. They were streaked red...and had weird tattoos of dragons on their foreheads. Their arms...could morph into cannons or swords...soo fast too..we d..didnt stand a chance." He exclaimed, doubling over as he shuddered; pain overpowering him. The other barely alive solider spoke up then, black hair matted with blood due to his intense head injury.

"We tried to fight them off, we got a few of them but they...vanished like smoke upon being destroyed. And their leader.....he was a beast. Blades like fire and eyes like a demon's. He tore most of us to peices when we sent that distress call out...all the while laughing. Please...avoid him at all...costs!" The ravenette begged as his eyes then rolled into the back of his head, his body going limp. Riza quickly leaned over, frowning after she checked his pulse, shaking her head when Roy looked to her. Roy tried to interrogate the third who was bald but covered in blood. But he was far too petrified to talk; rocking back and forth in his spot whimpering.

"My lord...the hell these men were put through. And what do they mean...ghouls? Is it a new type of infected attacking?" Armstrong asked, looking about as Edward flinched.

"No...the symbol they mentioned. It has to be a type of homunculus or something. Only a homunculus would bore that symbol." Edward stated, Alphonse looking to him uneasily as he spoke this.

"Right then....we have to be on our guard. Solider, can you tell us where they are now?" Roy then asked the brunette, said male nodding.

"They are near the south gathered around an old library. That's where the master went after he killed most of us off. I think they are searching for something like a document." He stated, pointing in said direction. Roy's eyes narrowed before he looked to the others.

"They might be looking for old Central documents. Some of them were left here for safety measures should there be a raid on Central for information that could damn us. Let's get moving, take out these beasts but be careful; they can morph their arms into weapons from what was mentioned." Roy yelled before running towards the south, Ed and the others fast on his trail. It didnt take long for the group to discover these beasts. They indeed stood out from the infected. Most of them had their backs turned and were conversing but it was evident they were standing guard. Roy moved behind a building out of sight, the others following his lead as they peered around the corner.

"My god...they are indeed inhuman beasts." Riza whispered, looking the creatures over. They were very tall and pitch black in nature. Their bodies criss-crossed with odd streaks of red ,and their legs animal-like with three pronged claws on each foot. However they also looked robotic like in appearence, their chests and joints looking metallic along with their movements. Their jaws having sharp fangs jutting outwards and their antennas twitching here and there. And in clear view, was the mentioned ouroboros insignia on each beast's forehead between their glowing red eyes.

"Brother...look, there's the-"

"Yeah I see it Al. But are they homunculus or what? They look more like robots or chimeras if you ask me." Ed muttered.

"Whatever they are...there's about thirty or more of them. What could they be planning?" Roy asked. He then cursed silently when four of the creature's antennas started to twitch violently as they looked in their direction, Roy moving out of sight though it was no use.

"Intruders! Destroy the human scum as the General ordered, let no one pass!" The one yelled, the whole fleet dashing towards them now.

"Well thanks to your big mouth we have to fight Mustang." Ed growled out, Roy ignoring his statement as he came into view along with the others.

"And here I thought we could sneak past you ugly pests. Oh well, hope you like the smell of burnt skin." Roy said playfully, smirking as he snapped his fingers, instantly taking out five of the beasts. Armstrong dashed towards one, slamming his fist into it's face dazing it. He didnt take notice of another behind him. Holding it's arm out, it morphed from being clawlike into a huge gaping multi-eyed dragon head with a gaping maw that started to glow a bright purple.

"Crap! Major move!" Ed yelled, sensing that must have been the cannon mentioned as he dashed forward, shoving Armstrong out of the way in time as the huge fireball past inches by them, engulfing a building yards away. "Damn...that was close." Ed exclaimed, panting as he then glared towards the beast that did that.

"Alright my turn!" he yelled, clapping his hands and slamming his fist to the ground, as a huge evil looking skull emerged from the earth as it it then came clamping down on the creature, crushing it instantly in it's stone jaws. Riza and the other soliders stayed out of reach, assaulting the things with a hailfire of bullets and dodging their fireballs as much as possible.

"Damn there's too many! Edward you have to find the leader; he's gotta be in that library. We'll stall them as long as possible. If we all stand around dealing with these pests he might get away! Now move!" Roy hollared, jumping to the side as he blasted more of the dark creatures to ashes. Ed dropkicked another in the head as it crashed into Alphonse, said armor smashing it into the dirt.

"Right...you owe me for this Mustang; let's go Al!" Edward yelled, jumping over a few of the dazed creatures as he and Alphonse carved a path through the fleet of monsters. Running around to the side of the building, Ed then created an entrance via alchemy before they snuck through. "Alright...this place is kinda big. Al we better split up to cover more ground. If you find anyone in here that doesnt look friendly make a noise to let me know." Edward stated, Alphonse meeping at the thought of being in this place. However he did have a point.

"R..right. Be careful brother." Al said, turning as he headed towards the lower levels deep in the back of the library while Edward headed upstairs; a pair of white eyes watching him in the shadows. The blonde looked about as he tred cautiously through the bookshelves. He could tell the place hadnt seen a maid in at least ten or twenty years. Cob webs choked the corners and the dust hung in the air rather thick, he was even leaving footprints in the rug the lack of cleaning was that bad.

"Damn...this place is killing my sinuses. Should have brought a swiffer with me before we boarded the train if I knew this." He muttered, covering the lower half of his face with his one sleeve. Ten minutes passed of fruitless searching for the blonde before he stopped, sensing something. Instintivly he then ducked behind a shelf of thick books, peering over his shoulder through the one shelf when he saw someone moving about.

Meanwhile Alphonse walked about, peeking here and there in hopes of finding someone. "You think we'd be able to find someone who leads that pack of beasts...I hate searching for a needle in a haystack." Al exclaimed with a light sigh. He then hesitated, stopping when he saw someone perching ontop of a bookshelf a few yards away. His back was to the armor and he was looking towards the direction Ed had gone. His messy raven hair gleamed in the moonlight that barly shone through the dusty windows. As the armor got a better look, he could tell by the thing's tattered wings and tinged purple skin tone that it wasent human in nature. "Hey you!" Al called, running towards the beast. Instantly it jumped up and glanced over it's shoulder. Alphonse gasped when he saw the thing's face. "You look like....hey stop!" he then called, seeing the being leap over more bookshelves before it crawled through a cracked window in seconds, Alphonse fast on it's trail.

Edward glared as he saw someone slowly walk about through the bookshelves, this must have been the leader. He could tell with his inhuman senses it wasent human in nature. It's eyes glowed in the dark, and as it stalked about it's cloak loomed ominously as it cloaked the being; making it harder for Ed to see it. Plus Ed could swear he could hear a slight whirring noise each time the thing walked. He could also sense besides it lacking humanity...that it had a bloodthirsty malious intent to it and it was also very powerful; much more than the things that they ran into earlier.

"Damn...I cant take this guy head on. He probly can see in the dark so there's no use trying to sneak up infront of him. I better go re-group with Al and alert Roy. Taking this demonic bastard head on would be suicide; who know's what he's capable of..." Edward thought to himself. Looking around, he then grinned seeing an open window. Using his flashstep, he wasted no time in getting to the window and crawling out of it. Jumping then to the rooftop using flashstep once more, he then looked about sensing for Alphonse.

"Hey Al! Alphonse where are ya? Al!" Edward hollared, he could sense and hear the armor was nearby, but he couldnt see him that well; even with his vamperic eyes thanks to all the thick fog. And Alphonse lacking inhuman eyes no doubt was having even more of a hard time tracking Edward. "Dammit I told him to stay in the library!" Ed then growled out in annoyance, walking towards the center of the roof in hopes of getting a better view as he continued calling for the armor. As he hollared, the loud clanking footsteps got louder and louder. Ed sighed in relief; his back to the footsteps. "About damn time Al...I was worried I had lost you for a second there." he stated, freezing up when he sensed a firm clawed hand grab his shoulder tightly. The hand felt somewhat like Al's...yet not. Too scared to look down; Ed merely spoke his fear. "A..Al is that y-you?" He then froze up further when he heard a dark chuckle from behind him, a voice dark and inhuman speaking into his left ear.

"I'm afraid you're gravely mistaken boy. Too bad your friends will be too busy to come and save you." the voice hissed out as Edward gulped.

"shoot. What a time for mistaken identity." Ed thought uneasily. He then oofed when he felt a metallic hand punch him square in the back, causing him to double over as he then was sent rolling by a powerful kick. Rising to his feet then after catching his breath; he got a good look at the enemy. It appeared to be the same thing he spotted in the library but now he was getting a better look at him. He defiently was inhuman. Though was more robotic than demonish like his lackies. Gold eyes of reptilian nature glowed through a mask that appeared fish man-ish in style. A dark black cloak wrapped around his body as a skinny robotic neck and metal cruel looking claws were the only things to emerge from the dark peice of wardrobe. This was indeed the leader, he held that evil aura to him that no doubt terrified the soliders, Ed had to be careful.

"Your annoying barks alerted me to your location if you're wondering how I found you. Though I'm puzzled as to why a boy is amongst the troops they sent for help. Surely they must think us as pests to not send real opponents. That annoys and insults me. No matter though; I'll teach them for underestimating me." The cyborg hissed out. Stalking towards Edward as the blonde glared standing his ground, readying to fight.

"Dont be so sure of yourself tin can. Or didnt you learn the phrase 'dont judge a book by it's cover.' ? I'm more insulted though; I thought I'd find some scarey monster but here I am facing a cheap Iron Man knock off." Ed exclaimed with a sneer, the cyborg's eyes flaring as he growled.

"Little brat! I'll rip that insolent tongue out of your skull for daring to mock me. I'm General Grievous; the slaughterer of more armies and warlords than you could ever imagine! I was fighting more warriors than the armies of sparta before you were even a thought in your father's head!" The cyborg hissed out, oofing when he got punched in the stomach, stunned at the speed on the blonde as he staggered back.

"DONT CALL ME LITTLE YOU RUSTED UP WALKING CAN! I DONT CARE IF YOUR FRIGGIN JESUS; NO ONE CALLS ME SMALL AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!" Ed hollared, seething with rage now as Grievous blinked and chuckled. It seemed the boy had a soft spot about his height. Good, he could use this advantage to infuriate the brat. However he had to be careful.

"Then isnt it proper to give the condemned a final request? I ask you this boy; what's the name of this brave fool that challenges me?" The cyborg then asked, ducking out of the way of another swing from the fast alchemist. The blonde glared in his direction before snorting.

"Edward Elric, also known as Fullmetal." Ed replied in annoyance as Grievous murred inwardly. Damn, his master told him not to kill this one. However; he didnt say he couldnt beat him to a dazed bloody pulp before escaping when he was sure the kid couldnt follow.

"Very well Fullmetal, let us see if you can keep to your promise of getting rid of me." Grievous replied in amusement as Ed glared dashing towards him. The cyborg jumped to the side, bringing his fist into the side of the blonde's head as he oofed, reeling. However before the general could land another hit; he was stumbling forward from a kick delivered by the blonde from behind. "The hell?!" he barked, that indeed was weird. How could the brat move THAT fast? It was impossible. Turning he swung at him again, only to yelp when the blonde vanished from view as he faceplanted. He then yelled when he felt himself get stabbed in the back by a blade.

"Come on rust bucket I thought for the slayer of thousands you'd be able to put up with a kid." Edward said in amusment, wincing when Grievous whirled around and grabbed him by the right arm. He then howled when he felt the cyborg's claws sink into the arm. Grievous then raised a brow when he felt no blood exit the wounds caused by his claws. Seeing Ed's sneer he then knew he made a mistake. "Gotcha!" Edward said, before punching him hard in the face with said right hand; making it worse it had a blade jutting from the hand. The cyborg reeled back and rolled away quickly. Rising to his feet he felt his mask; it had a tiny crack on it thankfully but still he couldnt ignore that for long.

"Little whelp! You'll pay for that!" Grievous hollared, dashing forward as Ed once again dashed out of sight, only to come up behind him and kick him hard in the shoulder, dislocating it as the robotic fiend yowled. Whirling around he dropkicked the blonde, sending him rolling. He then went about readjusting his shoulder, eyes glaring darkly at Ed. "You're quite the pest. But you dont seem normal either. Your arm and leg feel much like mine...robotic in nature." He exclaimed as Ed chuckled.

"You're rather observant arent you? We'll you're right about that. It's the reason I got my name. And there's another reason I was allowed into the military at such a young age." Ed exclaimed, grinning as he clapped his hands and then slamming them into the ground; a row of jagged spikes making their way towards the general. Grievous's eyes widened before he leaped out of harms way, glaring as he then snarled.

"Damn, here I hoped you were a mere footsolider. Just my luck to run into an alchemist. Nevertheless, you wont leave here in one peice." Grievous stated, standing to his full height as Ed glared back just as darkly.

"Just what the hell are you guys here for anyway? I doubt it's a shopping spree." Ed retorted in annoyance, Grievous chuckling now.

"Ah now you ask that. But you're too late, we will get what we're searching for with our without your interference. We already won brat; so go home back to your mother before I change my mind in letting you live." Grievous stated, quirking a brow when he saw Ed bristle at the statement; dashing at the cyborg with murderous intent. Grievous quickly reaching out, slamming him into the wall hard as it knocked the wind from him. "Seems someone is sensitive about a certian subject. Foolish brat; dont you know only anger on a battlefield leads to death? Your leader must have been drunk to consider recruiting you." he then added, Ed growling as he dove towards him again with blinding speed, the cyborg rolling away from the powerful kick. Before he knew it, the blonde had stabbed at his chest, putting a crack in it. Panicking he immediatly kicked the alchemist off his form and away from him as he rose up to his feet again.

"Your speed isnt human. But that could be due to your size. Nevertheless you are getting annoying; so let's finish this. I'll show you the reason I dispatched your solider's soo quickly." Grievous then exclaimed opening his cloak just slightly as he pulled out two objects that looked like flashlights at first. Then flicking a switch; lasors emerged from the hilts, one red, the other purple. He then began to stalk towards Edward; spinning the blades as they kicked up sparks from the roof as he neared the blonde.

"Crap...this isnt good." Ed muttered. He knew right then he couldnt get near those blades; if they were like the lasors he'd seen in traps in spy movies...then he'd be sliced to peices in seconds. Hell he'd survive..but it would still hurt like a dog. Backing away, he then stumbled alittle nearly losing his balance. Looking over his shoulder, he saw he was at the edge of the rooftop.

"No where to run boy. Dont worry I'll make it quick." Grievous exclaimed in amusement. Ed glared at him before holding his hands out in a wierd moving motion as he closed his eyes. Before Grievous could announce his suspecions, he felt himself getting blasted back by an unseen force; slamming into a stack of crates as he coughed and hacked. Sitting up, he glared furiously at Edward. "You...you have the same ablities as that brat Aniken! You arent a jedi though. But you clearly arent an average boy. Probly the reason they recruited you. However..." Grievous trailed, vanishing as he appeared inches from Edward, grabbing him by the throat. "I'm not your average being either." He then stated readying to decapitate him with the one lightsaber still in his possession. Ed struggled and gasped. And as if on cue, a large fist emerged from the wall, slamming into the cyborg who was sent flying again and crashing hard into the rooftop.

"You leave my brother alone!" Alphonse yelled out, standing above the two on another platform on the library's roof. The armor then ran over towards Ed when he was sure Grievous wasnt moving as he helped him up. "Brother...are you ok?" Al then asked, Ed nodding as he coughed, trying to get his windpipes to work properly.

"You're a sight for sore eyes Al. What took you soo long?" Ed asked as Al shrugged.

"Sorry brother...I saw something wierd...I thought I saw that thing before so I followed it, but I lost it's trail so I headed back here. Good thing too." Al explained, then turning when Grievous rose to his feet.

"Careful Al...that's the leader and he's no pushover. He's got weapons that can really mess you up so keep your distance." Edward stated, Al nodding as he registered the warning.

"So another brat to deal with. No one mentioned a girl in a suit of armor tagging along. Nevertheless you'll regret that move." Grievous hissed out; Al flailing as he glared.

"Hey i'm not a girl; I'm a boy!" Al yelled, feeling hurt as Grievous chuckled.

"Could have fooled me with that voice. How about you come out of that armor and prove it? Or do I have to cut you out of it?" Grievous then asked, raising his lightsaber as he dashed forward. Ed glared, moving Al out of the way with his telekinesis while then punching Grievous in the stomach, the cyborg glaring as he grabbed him by the shoulders, trying to shove him away. However Ed was starting to show he was much stronger than he let on, making it hard for either of them to move. "Heh....stubborn arent you?" Grievous asked, ready to kick him only to be blocked by Ed's handblade as it clanged loudly though the fog choked air. "Tell me this boy...why are you fighting for this pest of a military? We do not threaten Central itself; they are merely fleas on the asses of our desired plans. So why are you risking your life and your brother's to interfere in something much greater than you can fathom?" the cyborg asked in annoyance as Ed glared darkly.

"I dont give a damn if you are attacking central or not. It's the fact you are harming innocent people to get what you want. And as the hero of the people I wont let you get away with that. And for your other question; me and Al merely want to restore our bodies for the mistake we made. We want to atone for our sins and make things right." Ed replied as Grievous then leaped out of the way when Edward clapped his hands, nearly spearing the cyborg through the stomach with another spike from the roof. Then he chuckled, standing to his full height again. He managed to get a good look at Edward's arm and leg now due to his shirt and pantleg being ripped up during the scuffle.

"Ah yes now I understand the reason behind your lack of using a circle for alchemy. And the reason why you have metallic limbs. I suppose due to your other statement about your brother...you mean he lacks an entire body yes? I've seen alchemy like that in action before. And I suppose the reason you bristled at my earlier statement...it has something to due with your mother hmm?" Grievous asked, and sure enough Edward tensed, his gaze hardening greatly. This caused the cyborg to chuckle darkly. "Yes it seems so...you did the forbidden taboo among alchemists didnt you? Very obvious. You wanted mommy back and you got kicked in the face by god when you both tried to play him." he then stated.

"Shut up! You dont know anything!" Ed roared, Alphonse looking down as Grievous cackled.

"Oh but I do. Dont deny it, I am right and you know it. But what confuses me is this. Why do you wish to return your limbs to their flesh state? You have better limbs right there infront of you. They cannot be cut easily, they cannot bleed. Plus you can transmute blades and other weapons from them. Or...is it some way of trying to hide what you did in the past?" Grievous then asked, Edward's eyes leering as his fury rose in his chest.

"Just...shut the hell up!" he bellowed, dashing forward as Grievous using his own quickness caught him by the arm, slamming him into the ground as he spoke further to the blonde.

"I find that to be a simple minded way of going about things boy. No matter how you cover up your dark past...you can never ever wash away the blood of your sins and you know it. Your arm and leg and your brother's body may one day be returned to you...but they will be stained in blood like your previous limbs. Your automail is but a fraction of the burdon you carry Fullmetal." Grievous then said in amusement, Edward yelling in anger.

"Just shut the frack up..you..dont know me...you dont know me. YOU DONT KNOW ME!" He roared, whirling around as he tackled the cyborg. However his fury made him forget about the cyborg's powerful feet.

"Brother!" Alphonse yelled, gasping when he saw Grievous use his kangaroo robotic foot to raise Edward off him as he then slammed him hard against the wall of the one platform to the roof.

"Not soo tough now are you scrawny runt?" Grievous stated in amusement as Edward struggled. Ed then twitched, his one arm moving free of the foot at blinding speed.

"frack YOU TIN CAN!" He roared, slamming his fist hard into the General's mask at the same spot he had made the crack, causing it to spread further over the mask.

"THAT...was a mistake." Grievous hissed out, murder evident in his eyes as Edward panicked for a second. Before he could react, the light saber was hacking through the flesh of his left hand as Ed howled in pain, blood gushing from the wound. Grievous stepped back, admiring the view as he watch Ed double over in pain, shaking as he tried to cover the wound. "Let's see you hit me with that stump brat. Plus you can't transmute now. Face it, you're finished." he exclaimed, clicking his saber off. However that grin the blonde gave him dispite being in intense pain was unsettling. And the fact the armor wasnt rushing to his side was also suspecious.

"Don't count on it." Ed exclaimed making Grievous quirk a brow. He then saw why the brat was soo confident, watching in stunned silence as a bony hand emerged from the bloody stump before muscle tissue wrapped around it along with veins. Then lastly skin and nails regenerated around the muscle; the hand being reborn anew.

"WHAT THE?!" Grievous exclaimed in shock and confusion, glaring then as he saw Edward flex the hand as if he just sprained it or it had fallen asleep. "Explain yourself boy! I cut your flesh hand clean off! How did you regow it as if I barely left a mark?!"

"Tch." Ed stated in boredom.

"Do NOT mock me, ANSWER!" Grievous then bellowed, pointing threateningly at the blonde. Ed just looked up before sneering.

"Well rust bucket you see; im no ordinary boy." He answered, grinning fully now as he revealed a pair of sharp fangs, Grievous's eyes widening as he stepped back alittle.

"So...that explains your inhuman speed, force-like ablities, and regeneration. It appears I'll have to stop going easy on you." Grievous then stated as he turned his light saber back on, getting into a fighting stance as Ed chuckled.

"That should be MY line." Ed stated, dashing forward as Grievous barly ducked, swinging his foot out in hopes of kicking the blonde. Missing he then glared before dashing off, only to meet Alphonse halfway as the armor met him punch for kick, ducking and dodging when the cyborg attempted to strike him with the saber. Getting desperate Grievous then ripped off his cloak, throwing it at Alphonse as said armor struggled and flailed falling back as he tried to get the peice of clothing off him that hindered his sight and movement. By this time Grievous had ran over to reclaim his second light saber. Chuckling he began to spin both light sabers threateningly; dashing towards both Elrics. He should have known something was up when they didnt back off. However it was too late when they clapped their hands in union before slamming them into the roof; two large hands grabbing both of Grievous's arms, holding them in place as the cyborg cursed and struggled.

"Got em!" Al said, both he and Edward now running over to the robotic general. Ed punching him hard in the chestplate as Alphonse tried to open it. "If we get him out of his armor he should be a cake walk!" Al called, Ed nodding. Grievous wasnt going to have any of this. Not only would they find out he wasnt entirely human, they would find his weak point. Being quick, Grievous managed to seperate two more arms from his previous ones, and before Ed could react, he already had grabbed two more light sabers from his person as he slashed them both; Al being hit in the chest and Ed's right automail hand being hacked clean off, knocking the Elrics back as they yelled in shock and pain. Then slashing his two extra arms upwards, he cut his constraints loose with ease freeing himself. The one large stone arm came slamming down hard on Edward, trapping him there. As he struggled, he watched Grievous turn his sights on Alphonse, his fear rising.

"Let's see how immortal you are...if you are what I think you are...you have a seal that is able to be destroyed with ease...let's see if we can find it shall we little soul?" Grievous asked, Al tensing as he got into a fighting pose.

"AL NO, RUN DAMMIT!" Ed hollared, having seen the cyborg's speed before. But it was too late, Grievous was already assaulting the armor with his blinding speed as Al could barely block his flurry of swings. Sticking his foot out then, Al yelped as he tripped over it, being knocked down hard as Grievous pinned him there with his foot.

"Stupid boy...you should have listened to him." Grievous exclaimed, hacking Al's arms off before he could clap them, the armor screaming in panic. Then to make matters worse he hacked off Alphonse's legs to prevent him from kicking or crawling away. After that he cut into his chest plate slowly; to torment Ed for he knew he was watching. Cutting it completly open and tossing it aside; there in full view was the blood seal.

"Dammit leave him alone! He's not your opponent I am!" Ed hollared, his voice filled with fear and horror, Al's screams of panic filling his ears.

"Someone...please help. I'd give anything to save Al!" Ed thought mentally, tears streaming down his face.

If Grievous could grin he would be doing it right now. Fullmetal had proven to be no real threat, and even his 'immortal' brother was about to fall to his glowing blades. So much for proving a threat to his mission. He pulled back the light saber and brought it down in a downward slash as hard as he could when he became privvy to an action that should have been impossible. Inches from destroying Al's seal; Ed stood there,his flesh hand shrouded in dark magicks that writhed and squirmed in the night like living tendrils of some dark beast, wrapped around the impossibly hot blade of the light saber, stopping it from killing his brother.

"Brother..." Alphonse breathed.

"Wha-" Grievous began when a hand, made of the same squirming darkness covering Ed's left hand, replaced his right, and slammed into his chest plating; sending the general flying back,having taken the most damaging hit that Ed had delivered that night. The alchemist began to move forward in a way that could only be described as...intimidating. His figure,though Grievous's internal sensors told him otherwise; seemed to grow increasingly large, the air growing thick with a feeling that Grievous had not felt for a long time.

Fear.

The fear of being devoured by a predator many, many times your better, and there was nothing you could do about it. Grievous looked into the eyes of Fullmetal, and saw only the glow of a carnivore about to feast. "Sp..spare me!" he called out, trying to back away as the alchemist remained silent. It seemed there was no reasoning with him now. He had the essense of a bloodthirsty beast. And one knew there was so pacts between lions and men. Then something unexpected happened. Out of nowhere a being emerged from the shadows, his glowing white eyes catching with Alphonse's as the armor gasped. Watching as the being dashed after Edward, pinning him to the roof. Edward gasped in shock, struggling as he managed to turn around once the stranger rose to his feet before pinning one of his cloven hooves down on his chest. The being looked emanciated and skeletel in nature, his ribcage and spine in full view to them all. His hair was messy and his bangs hung in his pupil and iris-less white glowing eyes. His skin was badly burnt and tinged purple-ish blue. It's ears were pointed and three claws on each hand. Bandages wrapped around both hands all the way up to the elbows and bronzed shin guards were just above it's cloven camel looking hooves. The lower half if the being's face and shoulders was wrapped up in a scarf with a mirrored white symbol on the brown scarf. And lastly tattered ripped wings hung limp on the small of it's back.

"You...I saw you before. Edward it was him I was chasing!" Al called out in panic. "Why are you here?" Al called then. The being glanced over his shoulder quietly before returning his attention to Ed, raising his right hand up as a white glowing etheral blade appeared around the hand.

"Forgive me...but this must be done." The wraith like being said and before Ed could hollar; plunged the blade into his chest.

"BROTHER!!" Alphonse screamed in horror struggling as he tried to move though without limbs it was an impossible task. However something was off, both him and Grievous noticed it. Ed didnt scream, no blood burst from the wound either. Instead Edward's body glowed as he felt a weird tingling sensation...as if his foot had fallen asleep or something to that degree. But there was no pain at all. Slowly then; the squirming darkness that was wrapped around him began to disapate as it seemed to have been sucked into the sword itself. Once it was completly gone, the being stepped off of Edward, helping him up then.

"The..hell was that?" Ed said in confusion, looking at the spot, and even feeling for a wound. But this was short lived as he heard Al scream in panic, Grievous rising to his feet and dashing towards him, light sabers spinning like crazy. He was about to run forward, only to be shoved aside as the wraith dove for Grievous; speed much greater than his. Instantly the general was knocked backwards and rolling, the wraith standing infront of him.

"If you are a noble general than you should know better than to hit a defenseless opponent." The wraith said in anger, Grievous chuckling as he rose to his feet, one of his arms missing; having been torn off by the spector before it was inches from striking Al moments ago.

"Who said anything about me being noble? Besides all is fair in war. It's killed or be killed. And that boy is a wounded rabbit to the wolves." Grievous said in amusement, raising his light sabers as the wraith glared in anger.

"Then if you are a wolf...lets see you take on a grizzly. An angry one." The wraith stated, his blade turning from white to a dark purple now as he dove at the cyborg, both fighting tooth and nail on the roof, matching each other slash for slash. To Ed's surprise the weapon could indeed cause damage, as it took off part of his armor on the cyborg's shoulder, and it could block the light sabers too. However he couldnt stand around wasting time. Running over to Al he helped him into a sitting position.

"Al hang on! I'll get your parts and fix you right up." Ed stated, pushing Al into a spot out of the cyborg's reach; incase whoever that guy was managed to lose him.

"B..brother I-" Al started, only for Ed to innerrupt.

"Not now Al, just point out your bodyparts to me okay? Then we can get the hell out of here!" Ed called as Al murred. "Oops...uh I mean tell me where they are." Ed stated sweatdropping.

"They're over there by the wall you cant miss them. Hurry!" Alphonse stated, Ed nodding as he turned to look for said spot. Grinning when he saw the desired limbs and chesplate, he concentrated hard, raising his hands as his telekenesis yanked the objects into the air before they flew toward them. Then placing the limbs at the desired spots he drew a circle into the roof with his own blood before slamming his fist into the ground. Instantly a flash of light swallowed that area; Al's body being fully restored to him. Getting up he then in return helped Ed up now. "Now let's get your hand back. It's gotta be over there somewhere. It shouldnt be hard to put back on right?" Al asked as they searched for the automail.

"I hope so...cause Sasori is going to murder me for ruining his automail on the very same day he made it!" Ed stated, shuddering at the thought of pissing off an already scarey red head.

Meanwhile the wraith slashed mercilessly at Grievous, matching him hit for hit as Grievous; already winded from Ed's attacks was barely being able to keep up now. He then saw an opening and took it, hacking the wraith's arm off, laughing when he howled in pain. "Stupid ghoul! You cannot match the strength of a cyborg...especially with that pathetic body!" Grievous said; but soon regretted it when he saw the being's arm return in moments as he just barely dodged his claws as they swiped deeply into the wall behind him.

"Do not be soo quick to judge cyborg. I'm stronger than I look...and that is my greatest element in battle." The wraith replied darkly. Grievous chuckled as he then backed away.

"You can only surprise me once demon...next time I'll be aware of your strength." he retorted, the wraith chuckling.

"I dont mean that...what I meant was my greatest element is surprise....and you wont be aware of it." He said before blasting Grievous back with telekenesis of his own. The cyborg growled, raising to his feet, only to watch the being wave his blade a few times...only to then vanish into thin air. The cyborg's eyes widened as he looked around quickly. He didnt like this...his sensors werent picking up on the wraith's form. Getting defensive he started to spin his three light sabers around him so that it would be hard for the wraith to touch him even if he couldnt see him. He looked about, hearing his laughter in the dense fog. It echoed thanks to the way the rooftops were set up; making it difficult for the general to track him. And all the footsteps didnt help either that was a combination of Ed's, Al's and the demon's. Then he howled, being knocked forward again by the telekenisis as he nearly dropped his light sabers before he was stabbed in the side, then in the shoulder dislocating it again. He then oofed as he felt a deep slash peirce his chest plate as the wraith fazed back into view; standing ontop of the cyborg. "Where's your confidence now general?" he asked in a dark tone. Grievous glared, slashing at the being as he jumped back.

"You will not best me!! The rage of hell will feast upon you and I'll make it happen!!" Grievous bellowed, about to split the wraith in half with his sabers, only to flail when he was being yanked back by some unseen force, before his arms were slammed up against some weird humming object as he hung there. Getting a good look at the thing, he saw it was a huge magnet with a twisted smiley face on it. Growling he glared down at Edward who was standing next to the contraption with Alphonse.

"I hope you didnt forget about me rust bucket. I made you a present after all. I see you love it soo much you're clinging to it." Ed said in amusement, Al sweatdropping at the lame pun.

"Insolent brat! I will tear your soul asunder and feed your corpse to the crows!!" Grievous roared, flailing helplessly against the magnet as Ed waved a dismissive hand before turning to Al.

"Good thing Sasori's automail is more durable to alchemy otherwise I'd still need some repairs to it. Considering it was a sinch for you to fuse it back into my wrist. And a good thing too otherwise you'd be in trouble there buddy." Ed stated as he then turned to the wraith who chuckled uneasily.

"It would have hurt...but I think I would have survived. Nonetheless thank you." The wraith stated as Ed nodded.

"Dont mention it...you saved me and Al's asses after all. By the way what did you do back there? I had that jackass on the ropes." Edward then asked, the wraith looking away some.

"It had to be done...trust me you'll thank me later for it." The wraith replied, his voice firm. Ed nodded then before thinking..however before he could voice his next statement, all three jumped back when Grievous landed amongst them, missing another arm, said arm still being attached to the magnet. However instead of fighting, he shoved them all out of his way as he leapt over the side of the building, dashing off into the dense fog. Ed growled, ready to give chase only to be yanked back by the blue wraith. "No...let him be. He was stalling you. Your REAL enemy is at city hall. Like he said; he was only a General." the wraith spoke as Ed blinked and panicked.

"W..what?!...dammit so that's what he meant earlier. Gah damn come on Al!" Ed said, being yanked back again as the wraith glared.

"No! You leave that one alone...if you thought this man was hard..he is nothing compared to the one lurking at city hall. He is a demon...nay infact he makes a demon look like a lamb. Do NOT face him." The wraith exclaimed sternly as Ed backed away glaring.

"I'm not going to sit around while these bastards destroy this town! I want to help dammit, and besides i'm stronger than I look. Plus I'm not soo easy to kill." Ed argued, being cut off.

"Let your superiors handle him. You've done enough fighting Edward." The wraith retorted, Ed's anger flaring.

"No! I'm not going to let them go into a fight where they'll be slaughtered! I'll handle this bastard and all his robot and zombie lackies myself if I have to. Dammit i'm not going to sit around and let those close to me get hurt again! If you hold me back from this; your no worse than that prick that just ran off with his tail between his legs, and I'll kick your @$$ if I have to, to get to this jackass!" Ed yelled out, eyes filled with determination as he glared the wraith down. The wraith returned the glare for a few moments before sighing gently as he nodded stepping aside towards the ledge.

"Very well. You have a point there. Fine I'll allow you to go to city hall. But be warned....the minute he draws his sword on you; please do not get near it otherwise you'll be regretting it. Do not underestimate him either; or fall to your fury from his words for he is very deceptive and cruel with them." The wraith said, before pointing east towards the rundown building from earlier. "That's where your destination is. Do be careful like I said before." The wraith then said before he turned and went to walk off. Ed nodded and then turned.

"Hey wait..." he said, the being stopping and looking over his shoulder.

"Hmm?"

"What's your name?" Ed then asked curiously. The wraith was quiet for a few moments, as if he was deciding weather to tell them his name or not. After a few more moments he then spoke again.

"Raziel." He said before he started walking again, vanishing into the fog. Alphonse watched with Ed as he disappeared from view before speaking up himself.

"Ed...I could have sworn I saw him somewhere before...but I cant remember where." Al stated, Ed looking at him weird before shrugging.

"Ah he probly looked like one of those weird infected. Just a coninceidence that's all Al. Now let's get moving." Ed stated, hopping off the ledge as Al watched the spot where the wraith vanished from for a minute. "AL HURRY DAMMIT!" Ed called, breaking Al from his train of thought before he nodded.

"How...did he know Ed's name?"
Al thought to himself then, this thought rising after he gave up trying to think of where he saw him before.

"Coming!" Al said, chasing after him. Ten minutes of intense running, and a few slayings of hunters and smokers later; Ed and Al had snuck their way into the city hall. Being careful not to make much noise; after they searched most of the bottom half of the building, they made their way upstairs. During mid walk, Ed froze up, his heart pounding.

"Brother...?" Al whispered as Edward regained his composure, though his face was still holding that frightened gaze.

"I feel him Al...this guy's aura is....intense. It's more evil than anything I imagined, worse than that General's. That Raziel wasnt fooling..." Ed muttered, a shakiness to his voice. Swallowing hard he then calmed his breathing. "Still though we cant let him get away with this. Let's hurry." He then whispered as they continued up the stairs then. Searching most of the rooms they found no one...alive that is, that left only the city documents room. Heading quietly towards it, they snuck through the throngs of books and towering shelves, jumping every now and then when they heard a squeak or rustle, only to find it to be the floor or a mouse. The Elrics then neared the end of the room, a large bay window coming into their sights. And standing at the center of the window was a tall long silver haired man in a black trenchcoat; a book in his gloved hands. Ed hesitated, watching the man as he pondered on how to approach the male without being detected. However the glint of the moonlight on the impossibly long katana blade, stretching out at least six feet in length strapped to the belt at his right side made Edward meep mentally. Yup...this was the guy they were looking for, and now Ed knew why the wraith warned him about the blade and staying far away from it. Not only was it long as hell...it looked like it was made from a super strong steel that was probly hard to break.

"I know you're there, so cease in hiding." The man stated, back still turned to the hidden Elrics. Both meeped quietly as they looked at each other.

"..H..how did he know where we were? We're hardly close to where he is!" Al mewed out as Ed retorted.

"The hell should I know!" He whispered back in annoyance.

"Do not make me repeat myself...I said come out; I KNOW you are there." The man said again; this time in a darker tone. Not wanting to continue hiding for fear of angering the man, Ed and Al quickly came out of hiding, carefully approaching him. Being just out of range of the blade, Ed spoke up in his best angry voice.

"The hell you doing here killing all these people? If you wanted a damn book you could have asked! Besides you might as well throw in the towel we have you cornered!" Ed said angerily as he pointed a finger at him.

"We dispatched your right hand and our friends are taking out your army and those infected so give up!" Alphonse exclaimed, getting into a fighting pose as Ed nodded.

"Yeah so dont go running to them for help coward. Hey you listening to us? Quit ignoring us!" Ed yelled, twitching when the man simply turned a page in his book, reading for another minute or so quietly. "Dammit I said quit ignoring us! I'll shove that book up your @$$ if you dont turn and face us!" Ed snapped, storming up towards the man as Al gasped, ready to stop his older brother. However Ed was already out of range as he had grabbed the man by his shoulder. But before he could turn him around, he couldnt even see him before he felt himself being lifted up by the neck as it was then snapped as his body was dropped to the ground like wet garbage. Gold eyes wide in shock.

"BROTHER!" Al screamed in panic. Stunned at the man's blinding speed at having dispatched Edward soo fast.

"Dont you know it's rude to bother someone when they are reading boy? I thought your mother taught you better than that." the man said in a bored tone, glancing down at Ed with his green eyes as Edward's neck readjusted itself as he gasped, being revived again before he coughed. Rubbing it he sat back up and glared, forcing his shaking to stop.

"You adressed us FIRST bastard. We were me-" he was cut off then when a boot was slammed into his face, sending him rolling back towards Al's feet.

"Did I say you could speak? You do not speak unless spoken to child. Unless you want me to do worse to you. Now then, since you rudely innerrupted my reading...what brought you here?" The man then asked, tucking the book away into his coat before turning fully to the Elrics. His skin was somewhat pale yet abit tan. His eyes were calm yet menacing and his gleaming silver hair hung down past his waist. His bangs had a sort of 'praying mantis claws' style to them and his coat, boots, gloves, and pants were all as black as night. For some reason...Ed swore he saw this man from somewhere before. But he couldnt recall where exactly.

"You are the one causing all this devastation. Why?" Al answered considering Ed was writhing in pain from his broken nose. The man chuckled before looking off to the side.

"A distraction of course. You think the staff at this building would have allowed me access had I just simply strolled in? Heavens no; use your heads. And the infected and Neo-droids along with my General caused the bloodshed to alert your troops to them while I killed the people in here. That way they wouldnt get in the way of my search." The man replid in a matter-of-fact tone as he smirked. Ed glared at the man then upon hearing this.

"A..distraction? You call that senseless violence and destruction outside a DISRACTION?! You sick heartless bastard. You dont deserve to live for that!" Ed hissed out, getting to his feet as Al tried to pull him back.

"Those brainless cattle will die one day unlike us. Think of it as doing them a favor; killing them in their prime instead of having to wait soo long for their destined demise." The man then said, Ed's anger rising even more now.

"Shut the frack up! Who do you think you fracking are to pass judgement on those innocent people?! The only favor that will be done here is me getting rid of a scumbag prick like YOU!" Ed roared out, clapping his hands as he brought a large spear from the floor and before Al could stop him, chucked it towards the man.

"Brother no!"

A sickening gush of blood sprayed against the window, the man's head leaning back as the spear was imbedded in his forehead. A few moments passed as Ed smirked confidently. However that smirk was replaced with horror as the man's head leaned back down as he looked to them both boredly. Then reaching up, he yanked the spear out of his head with ease before snapping it with his one hand; as if it were a twig. "I thought you were paying attention to my statement. I'm immortal and not as easy to kill as those brainless cattle called humanity. And I know you're immortal too." He then said, before his glare darkened as his smile turned to that of a twisted one. "But you'll be wishing you werent" he then said. Ed and Al both panicked, but before they could react the man was infront of them both in a shot; his blade hacking clean through Ed's arm and through both of Al's sides cutting him in half in seconds as they both fell to the ground stunned. Cursing Ed rolled out of the way before the man could slam his blade down on him again as he went to crawl towards Al. He yowled in pain when the male then stomped on his flesh hand when he attempted to reach for Al. Out of instinct he concentrated, sending a telekinetic shockwave upwards and sure enough the man was blasted off him, slamming hard into the chandelier, being impaled to it by the force of the tk blast. However his gaze turned to that of anger.

"shoot!" Ed yelled, grabbing up Alphonse's two parts as he dashed for the window; being blasted out of it by a fireball as they both screamed and landed hard on the unforgiving ground. Wheezing and gasping, Ed looked to Al. "Al...al are you alright?" He asked praying he was still there.

"I'm...alright brother. He didnt get near the seal. But more importantly are you ok?" Alphonse asked, Ed nodding weakly.

"Yeah he just got my automail arm unfortunatly. And I cant grow that back." Ed replied.

"Oh dont worry, I'll make sure to cut you both to ribbons by the end of this night." the man said from behind them, freezing Ed and Al looked up, seeing the man walking towards them; a bloodthirsty look in his bright green eyes as a sickening smile graced his lips.

"Dammit...what pefect timing." Ed growled out, getting to his feet slowly as he looked to Al. "Get out of here, I can last longer unlike you Al."

"But br-"

"You can still crawl Alphonse so get moving! I wont let you die; i'm your big brother after all." Ed said firmly, cutting Al off as the armor tensed before nodding. Quickly crawling off as best as he could to saftey.

"How noble of you...protecting your precious little brother. Dont worry, he'll be joining you soon enough young one. I promise you that." The man then said in amusement, Ed glaring as he dashed forward after picking up a nearby weapon from the street. With little effort the man sidestepped, slashing his leg clean off as Ed howled in pain, blood gushing from the wound. Curling up, he winced and screamed louder when the man then stepped on his side and cut his flesh arm off, more blood staining the ground. Ed winced and yowled, focusing more as he sent the man staggering back with another tk blast as he inch wormed away. Once his arm and leg regenerated he then rose to his feet and ran for a street light that had been knocked down; hopefully he could transmute a temporary arm from that. But the man was infront of him in seconds, reaching forward as he punched him hard in the face before slashing him up the side; Ed's screams filling the air as he writhed in pain while his arm and shoulder were hacked clean off.

"You sure are a tough little thing...but then again...roaches always are hard to kill. I wonder..." He trailed, stamping on Ed's chest as he screamed. "How many times will I have to step on this little roach before he rolls over and dies? Nevertheless I dont mind...the longer you last the longer your toture and my fun is prolonged." the man continued, stabbing Ed in the throat as he gurgled in pain, blood spattering against the man's form as he slowly cut downwards into Ed's chest now. But before he could steer it towards the heart, he then jumped backwards when a fist of stone attempted to strike him from behind. Turning around he glared; seeing Alphonse laying there next to the base of the fist's arm. "Persistant....another roach to crush." He said, walking towards Al; only to stop when Ed grabbed his ankle, holding onto it tightly.

"Y..you leave...him alone. Or are you that cowardly to strike down someone who cant..f..fight back?" Edward growled out, glaring up at the man although he looked in just as bad shape as Al himself. The man just paused, chuckling as he stabbed him in the face with his sword; Ed howling but still gripping his foot tightly in his left hand.

"Stubborn brat...release me or you'll regret it." The man then growled out, continuing to stab him relentlessly as Alphonse watched in horror. But before he could react, loud roars rang through the air as all three looked up seeing Tanks and other infected stampeding towards their position. Upon seeing this, the man then glared darkly at Ed who was sneering.

"You...really think I'm that weak in battle? I LET you stab me..to..draw m..my blood so those things could come running. And now..my blood is all over you. While my wounds are closed hehehehe." Ed stated before looking to Al. "NOW AL!" he yelled, said armor nodding as he clapped his hands and touched the stone hand's base. Moving again it picked up Edward as the man moved out of the way just barely while it then lifted the blonde high into the air out of harm's way. The man just managed to dodge a few of the rampaging tanks that attempted to tackle him; cutting them to ribbons. However the infected started to swarm the area, getting too close for comfort as he then raised his hands, a huge wall of flame shooting outwards as it sucked most of the infected towards it, burning them to cinders.

"Pests." The man hissed out, then leaping into the air as a huge black wing burst from his right shoulder blade flapping a few times; Edward and Al looking on in shock. "You'll regret that move." he then said, turning to Ed as he dashed towards the fist, zooming past while cutting it clean in half in a mere second. Ed screamed, flailing as he landed hard next to Alphonse; moving them both out of the way of the falling fist.

"What the hell is he?!" Ed yelled, turning his attention to the skies now as the man hovered in the air, the city square being blocked off by fire at every opening; keeping the growling and snarling infected from getting through.

"I dont know brother...but he's a monster that's for sure." Alphonse mewed out, watching the man too as he looked down at them in annoyance.

"You are indeed a handful, and just as overconfident as that young idiotic rookie of a solider who thought he could best me in battle. However though he may have helped his beloved and precious daughter to escape...I still managed to send him crawling away somewhere to die like the dog he was. And soon you will join him." The man then said, his eyes becoming more malicious now. Ed froze up when he said this...now he remembered where he saw this man. The memories flared back in his head again; the laughing man that pretended to be stabbed by a young raven haired girl, a man she saw as her uncle; and the same man who stood before the girl's father with that same bloodthirsty look in his eyes as the raven haired girl was carried away by her mother, screaming for her father to get away.

"You...you're the man that killed Sarah's father! You're Sephiroth!" Ed hissed out, Alphonse gasping in shock at this untold news to him before he looked to the man again who only smirked.

"Ah...I see my reputation proceeds me. Yes I am Sephiroth. But as I said..I let him crawl off somewhere to die...for he wasnt worthy enough to stain my blade with his dying blood. Would have rusted it anyway." He exclaimed boredly as Edward glared angerily.

"You fracking prick....I'll make you pay for that! Come down here and face me!" Ed roared out as Sephiroth chuckled in amusement.

"No little runt I wont give you that honor...For I grow tired of this and wish to wrap this up. Time for this old cat to stop playing with his prey and snap it's neck." Sephiroth then said, raising his left hand skywards as it began to glow a dark purplish black. Ed began to wince, his and Al's bodies freezing up as bright glowing halos appeared above their heads and a glowing red sphere appeared in their chests. But before the spell could reach it's finale, a gunshot rang through the air, Sephiroth wincing as he gripped his left hand in pain, looking over towards the roof where it came from. The halos and glowing faded from both Elrics as they could breathe again.

"About damn time Lt Hawkeye..." Ed muttered, looking in said direction..only for his eyes to widen when he saw a fluttering tattered red cape land infront of them, a man with long raven hair wrapped in a loose bandanna with a clawed gold left handed guantlet and pointed golden tipped boots being inside said cape as he twirled his gun a few times. "The hell are you?!" Ed then hollared; more in confusion and shock than anger.

"The guy that's saving your @$$. Now shut up." The man replied calmly, then turning his attention back to Sephiroth who glared down at him in annoyance, mako green eyes meeting crimson ones.

"Figures I'd find you lurking around here Vincent. Where's the rest of your little group?" Sephiroth then asked, said male reloading his gun idly.

"Cleaning up your pathetic excuse for an army. Raziel managed to catch up to your tin can of a general by the way. I do hope for your sake he doesnt sing like a canery about your plans." The man known as Vincent stated, a tiny bit of amusement to his voice as Sephiroth glared harder. He then dodged out of the way when Vincent let out a round of bullets at him before he managed to clip his wing, the man scowling as he hit the one roof hard before getting up and whirling around to face them all.

"It seems my plans have changed. No matter; what I was looking for wasent here anyway. This time I'll let you all live so savor it while it lasts. Next time you wont be soo lucky." Sephiroth exclaimed while he then vanished in a blinding light before disapating into a cloud of feathers.

"Yeah yeah and your little dog too." Vincent muttered, placing his triple barrled gun back in it's holster on his belt as he turned to the Elrics. "You ok over there?" he asked while walking over. However Ed could barely hear him, due to having lost alot of blood and the constant regenerating; it had taken a heavy toll on his body. The red caped man was fading in and out of his sight, and Alphonse's voice was even fading on him.

"Dammit...I couldnt avenge you..I..I'm sorry Sa-" Ed weakly whispered before everything faded to black.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CuteFox300 on April 23, 2011, 6:07:02 AM

CuteFox300 on
CuteFox300Whoa that was intense o.o

SweetxinsanityxSarah on April 23, 2011, 6:53:42 PM

SweetxinsanityxSarah on
SweetxinsanityxSarahIndeedz, Seph and Grievous arent exactly walks in the park. xP