Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Cry little angel

A tale threaded by the maidens of Fate that shows how far one would go to gain what is lost, to love, and stand up for what is right; even if you have to face the demons of Hell itself along the way....

Chapter 14 - Cry little angel

Chapter 14 - Cry little angel
Welcome back once more, yes the time between us has been too long. But I promise to repay you with another chapter to my fable. Where we last left off, Edward had encountered the cruel General Grievous and black hearted Sephiroth. The one winged angel had proved too much for him; like the soul reaver Raziel had warned. But thankfully; a crimson gunslinger had made it onto the scene with a bullet for the fiendish devil. But before all was said and done, Edward had fallen unconcious.

But before we get back to Edward, let's see what was happening with the other members of his group while he fought the demons of Schlafrig Hobl with Alphonse and those who came with him to the dreary little town.

"Hello...is..is anyone there?" Sarah called out, rain pouring down around her as she walked through a rocky landscape. This place...it felt soo familier and ominous. She couldnt recall where though. Crows were the only ones to answer her, they fluttered about in the air, black feathers falling like the raindrops in the eternal storm. "Hey...where is everyone...hello? Come on this isnt funny!" Sarah called out, voice growing worried now as she began to pick up her pace. She then halted, looking down to see footprints in the mud, large ones...stained in blood. She shivered but for some reason, decided to follow them. More crows cawed out, as if warning her to turn back, not to follow those dark footsteps soaked in blood. Sarah hugged herself, shivering as she trecked through the what seemed like eternal canyon until she finally came out onto a vast hill, where she screamed in horror.

There, laying on the hilltop was her father's form...covered in blood and gashes; eyes devoid of life as they gazed out into the stormy skies. Now she remembered this location; it was the very spot her father had been found by her and mother. It was the area he had ran off to after facing Sephiroth...but his wounds during battle had been fatal, and he wasnt immortal unlike her and mother. "Daddy!" she cried out, running towards his form as she then yelped, falling to the ground when she tripped over something. She looked over to see what it was, only to scream again when she saw it was another body...Deidara's body infact. His blue eyes wide in horror as his lovely blonde hair and face were caked in blood. Getting up she then looked around, mouth covered as she saw more of her comrads corpses littering the area. Sasori and Tobi were a few yards away...a sharp stalactite was impaled through Tobi's mask, Sasori was torn to peices, his chestplate shattered. Itachi as hung upside down from a feeble looking tree, eyes gouged out and chest ripped open.

"What madness is this?!" Sarah screamed out, covering her eyes as she shook her head, the cries of the crows only growing louder. Then...a dark chuckle sounded a few feet infront of her. She gasped, recognizing that soft deep voice. Looking up, she felt her heart leap into her throat when she saw the other victem of this onslaught...Edward. He was strapped to a cross...face frozen in silent horror as his throat was torn out and he was practicly disembowled, his heart being held by the silver haired man infront of him, wing flexing every now and then as his cat like hues locked onto Sarah. "Y...you..what have you done?!" Sarah screamed out, anger in her voice rising though the terror was still evident, tears streaming down her pale face.

"Taking...what you cherish most. For it gives me great pleasure to do so. Before this day is done...your little alchemist will have embraced the reaper my dear angel." Sephiroth replied, the heart in his hands turning to dust as he laughed, Sarah screaming as she covered her face.

"You monster!! I will not let you get away with this." Sarah yelled, Sephiroth laughing as he walked towards her.

"Oh but I already have....I promise you that." He replied smoothly, Sarah crying out more as she shook her head.

"You wont hurt him...he is mine you hear me; i'll avenge daddy and send you to hell!" Sarah then retorted, standing up now as she glared angerily. Sephiroth merely laughed more, walking closer now to her as she began to back away. He then grabbed her wrists tightly before she could strike him, smirking wickedly.

"You dont have the guts little girl...you are too tender. You are nothing but a lamb for this wolf to feast on. Now cry for me!" he then hissed out, morphing in mid sentance into a pack of crows as they screeched, flying at her and swarming her frame.

"NOO!" Sarah screamed out, tears streaming down her face as she shot up in her bed, sweat drenching her frame as she felt herself over a few times, checking for peck wounds or scratches. Seeing none of this she then proceeded to look around the bedroom, nothing was out of sorts; except maybe for the fact the room needed alittle more unpacking. She then hopped out of the bed, dashing out of the room; not caring that she was only in a tiny pink tank top and hello kitty panties. "Itachi sama, Itachi wake up!" she then cried out when she reached the bottom level of the tavern where extra rooms had been set up, pounding on the door to the room that belonged to said Uchiha. A few moments passed before the raven haired male answered the door, a haggered look on his pale features as he rubbed at his dark eyes.

"Sarah...do you know what time it i-" he was cut short, oofing when Sarah clung to him sobbing.

"I had another terrible dream about him. This time he killed all of you; and Edward too." Sarah wailed out, tears streaming down her face as Itachi sighed, patting her head gently.

"It's probly because the storm that kicked in a few hours ago; you always have bad dreams when this occurs...due to finding your father during a storm. That or too much sugar before bed again." Itachi said tiredly, Sarah whimpering as she shook her head firmly while glaring up at him.

"No; not this time...he interacted with me. He said he would kill Edward just like he killed daddy; and that I wasent strong or brave enough to stop him." Sarah mewed out while rubbing at her one eye. Itachi's gaze then firmed alittle, concern lacing his eyes for a a few moments.

"This isnt good. If he interacted with you then there must be something more to that nightmare. Perhaps it was a mental attack...a genjutsu sent from far away or something to that degree." Itachi then stated, scratching his chin as he then looked to her frame. "Tell me....did you feel pain or anything else during the nightmare?" Itachi then asked as Sarah went to recall the brutal vision.

"Yes...I could feel the rain on me...and when he morphed into a flock of crows; I felt them pecking and clawing me. I checked myself for injuries before I came here I was that badly shaken." Sarah then replied as Itachi's frown only deepened.

"It was a genjutsu, he somehow managed to send it to you through a dream. How though I cannot fathom...not even I'm that skilled to do such a thing. He sent it as a warning. I have a hunch he's behind that attack on Schlafrig Hobl, otherwise how would he know of Edward?" Itachi then said as Sarah squeaked, covering her mouth now.

"No...not Ed. I cant let him take Edward!" Sarah then cried out, starting to panic as she went to run for the stairs, Itachi reaching out to stop her as he shook his head.

"It wont do you no good to go help him. Besides; if you unleash your full powers...you'll blow your cover to his human companions and you'd be locked up as a central lab rat. Besides...it's been hours now; who knows what has ocurred. Sephiroth is probly long gone by now, we all know how fast he strikes and vanishes afterwards." Itachi then stated, hating to be blunt to Sarah though it had to be said. Sarah could only whimper and begin to sob, falling to her knees as she covered her face.

"I dont want to go to that train station to find Edward in a coffin because of him...why didnt I stop him from leaving?! Had I known Sephiroth in that town...I w..would have st-stopped him!" Sarah said between choked sobs, Itachi frowning more as he leaned down next to her, wrapping a protective arm around her shoulders, rocking her abit.

"Sarah...dont lose faith soo quickly...the boy has promise. Yes we know how strong Sephiroth is; but Edward can be quite hard to kill too. Sephiroth probly sent that vision to demoralize you, to make you run off scared like he did last time. Dont let that demon fool you...believe in Edward ok? He'll probly come back alittle bruised up and angry; prattling on about Sephiroth and what a cheap bastard he is and what not. Try to cheer up alright? Dont let every little thing Sephiroth says scare you; it's what he wants. Stand up to him, be a brave little angel like your father wants." Itachi then stated as Sarah calmed some at his words, a small smile making itself known when she heard his last statement. Yes, her father would want her to be brave. No more running, this time, the lamb would kick that sneering wolf in the teeth when he dared show his face in her next dream.

"Thank you Itachi sama...you're always good to talk to unlike Sasori. Even though you dont act it in public." Sarah stated, allowing Itachi to wipe her tears away, before he chuckled and poked her forehead lightly.

"Just dont inform the others of my tender actions with you...I'm not in the mood of them accusing me of being interested in you..or of being soft." Itachi stated before he walked alongside her, leading her back up to her room. Sarah giggled lightly, she was glad to see this side of Itachi showing itself again. Only with her did he show his true side, a compassionate big hearted teddy bear with a wise outlook on life. No he wasnt interested in her romanticly, he made that clear when she asked him the one time if he was crushing on her. He said the reason he shown his true colors around her because for one; she wouldnt ridicule him for it, another was that she was like the baby sister he always wanted. And another was that she somewhat reminded him of his little brother when he was much younger...before he snapped and swore to kill Itachi and all that jaz. But Sasuke and his detierating sanity was a story for another time. Once they reached her room, he then opened her door and lightly scooted her back in, but not before poking her forehead again.

"Get some rest...I'll wake you so we can go greet Edward at the station tommorrow. If you have anymore bad dreams, let me know through the whisper (another term for telepathy fyi) instead of hammering on my door alright?" Itachi then said as Sarah sweatdropped and nodded, rubbing her forehead.

"Yes Tachi sama...and thank you again." Sarah replied, giving a light smile before she closed the door behind her, returning to her bed. Though she couldnt sleep for the rest of the night; those haunting green eyes embedded into her mind's eyes prevented that.

Sarah...I pray you dont get too close to that boy....for it's forbidden. But then again, you were always the rebellious type..and this one brings back old memories of your first human love doesnt he? Such a risk taker you are, heh you are more like my brother than you think... Itachi thought to himself, letting one more smile escape onto his face as he turned and headed back downstairs quietly as he shook his head.

During the middle of the day, Shadow and Tifa were alarmed by a rough pounding on the tavern door. Shadow went to answer it, but Tifa held him back and went to go get it herself. She squeaked when she saw a tall african american man in a central uniform, over his shoulder was an unconcious Louis, bloodied and bruised. "Is this mongrel your's?" The man asked in a gruff voice as Tifa glared.

"That's my newest employee yes. What's happened to him?" she then asked as the man walked over to the lounge, placing Louis there before turning to her.

"We assume he was attacked by those infected creatures. He took alot of them down though since his gun is nearly out of ammo. Plus the tanks on the otherside of town are all riddled with bullets, especially the big one that's been giving us trouble. Some orange haired woman approached us holding him in her arms. She said he was the one that dispatched them, hence how we know it was him and not our troops. We brought him here on eyewitness accounts that he worked here. I advise though that he leave the heroism to our boys before he gets killed next time. Cause im not scraping his carcass off the street." The man then answered, turning as he then stormed off without another word, slamming the door behind him.

"Some thanks...tch military dogs..get uppity when someone out does them in their own job." Shadow muttered, walking over to where Louis layed as he looked him over. "Neh..he's fine. Give him a day or two and he'll be up and doging in no time." Shadow then stated, waving a dismissive hand as he went back to his seat at the bar, Tifa sending him a weird look.

"He's immortal too I assume?" Tifa asked while cleaning out a glass. Shadow shook his head, a small smile forming as he took a sip of his shot.

"Nope...he's human...just very special." Shadow merely replied.

Edward squinted, the light was blinding infront of him. "M..mom?" He asked, seeing her form coming into view as she smiled, extending her hand to him. He then noticed her change. Her soft brown hair became jet black, her brown eyes turned ebony blue and her skin paled. "Sarah?" he then asked in surprise, reaching out for her; only to have his face stained in splatters of her blood. Eyes wide in shock, he saw her cry out in a silent scream, a blade sticking out of her abdomen as she fell into his arms as he looked up; Sephiroth standing infront of him with a twisted smirk.

"Shall I give you despair?" He asked in a wicked and amused tone.

Edward screamed out in panic, shooting up from his bed, oofing when his head collided with something hard.

"OWIE! Ed's face hurt me!" Tobi whined out, falling backwards onto the floor as he flailed about, rubbing at his mask a few times while Sasori and Itachi sat nearby, bored looks cast at the eccentric teammate.

"T..the hell. W-where am I?!" Edward called out, looking around in a frenzied panic before he winced and held his stomach and head, wobbling as he then slumped back down into the pillow.

"Home, you were out cold during your train ride back. We told your comrades we would take you to the hospital since we could get there faster. Mustang put up alittle bit of an arguement but Itachi managed to convince him not to worry." Sasori replied calmly, once again tinkering with Edward's automail arm as Ed murred weakly.

"It's a wonder you are awake at all. Since you are practicly on the brink of having no blood in your body. You continue to surprise us Fullmetal." Itachi responded, looking to Edward with those calm black eyes as Ed then looked around weakly.

"Where...where's Al?" he asked as Sasori shook his head.

"Dont fret, he's downstairs awaiting your repairs so you can in turn fix him up. Deidara and the others are keeping him company so he doesnt panic too much. We heard from a certian gunslinger you had quite a fight on your hands." Sasori then stated, brown eyes resting on Edward for a few moments as the blonde frowned and nodded, flesh hand resting on what remained of his shoulder.

"Y..yeah. I ran into that Sephiroth guy....the one that killed Sarah's father. I kinda snapped and tried to fight him..you can see clearly that I didnt win though." Edward stated weakly, feeling that his pride was far more shattered than his own body. Sasori chuckled some as Itachi shook his head.

"Dont feel like a weakling...he's far more of a match for all of us. Not even I dare to stand up to him he's that powerful. He could probly kill us all in one sitting if he wanted to. Just be thankful Vincent made an appearence when he did. And try not to be soo careless next time; he knows how to kill immortals." Itachi said warningly as the alchemist gritted his teeth and looked away.

"I know he was way outta my league...but dammit I couldnt let him get away with slaughtering all those innocent people! I'd be just as cruel as him if I stood by like nothing happened, and I wouldnt forgive myself if I ran off." Edward barked out, punching his left hand into the wall as Itachi rose a brow; Sasori chuckling more as he smiled.

"The defiant mouse standing up to the snarling lion." Sasori replied, returning to his work on Edward's arm while Edward scowled at the red head, looking away fully now.

"So where's Sarah?" Ed then asked after a few moments, Tobi popping up beside the blonde, causing him to nearly have heart failure since he forgot about the third occupant in the room.

"She's hiding in her room, Cacatur Ed sama being knocked out cold made her all sad and what not! She didnt want to see ya like this so she sent us to watch over you. I happily volunteered to watch you with these two lazies cause Tobi's a good boy! And watch you I did...till you bumped my head and gave me an ouchy!" Tobi exclaimed proudly, oofing when Ed kicked him in the face; twitching at the cactuar statement. "Owieeee...why must Ed sama be soo mean and give Tobi ouchies?!" Tobi then whined out, flailing on the floor again as the blonde looked to Itachi.

"She doing alright..? I hope I didnt freak her out or anything." Ed muttered as Itachi shook his head.

"Sarah...was alittle taken aback by your condition..but she was relieved to see you were still breathing. She did tell you to have this though when you woke..so you could regain your lost energy and not fall into acoma." Itachi replied, slipping a red blood packet of a fair size out of his coat before tossing it to the alchemist. He caught it and bit into it, not even taking a second thought to the action, guzzeling away. He did sweatdrop however when Tobi was eyeing him closely again.

"Your in my bubble again bub." Edward growled out, murring even more when Tobi prodded him.

"Why Ed sama soo worried about Sarah channnnn?" He asked in a cutesy voice, yelping when Edward snarled, punting him out of the window which happened to be open at the time.

"NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!" he roared out, trying to hide the blush on his face while Itachi and Sasori smirked behind their collars. When he sensed their eyes on him, the blonde glared over his shoulder as they put their hands up defensivly.

"Easy tiger...it's natural for a fledgling to wonder where their master is. Though...I wouldnt blame you, she is a sexy little thing; ask Ita- ACK!" Sasori yelped, growling after his face was struck dead center by Itachi's elbow, who was looking away innocently.

"My apologies...involuntary arm spasm." the Uchiha exclaimed, though his aura held a warning to the red head not to run his mouth. Edward just sent them a confused look before shrugging, going back to sipping on his blood pack while he awaited repairs to his arm and leg. A few hours had passed and Edward was heading downstairs to where Alphonse was.

"Brother you're up! Wow...you sure heal fast. Even after the whipping you took." Alphonse exclaimed, looking up from his spot on the couch as Edward snorted, Deidara snickering at this statement while Shadow looked away to hide his smirk.

"Hey look who the hell is cut in half here! Maybe I SHOULDNT repair you and let Tobi wear you as a costume hmm?" Edward retorted as Al meeped and went chib hamster faced, shaking his head franticly.

"No no no please! I'm sorry brother I didnt mean that I take it back!" Al mewed out pleadingly as Ed sneered.

"That's more like it. Now hold still this wont take long." Ed replied, clapping his hands as he fused Al's body back into one whole form once more. After that was finished, he then ran over to get something to eat from Tifa...well after she chewed his hyde out for going into another reckless fight and what not. A lecture and a meal later, Edward had managed to talk Itachi and Sasori into training him abit more with telekinesis since he wanted to hone his skills and so more training went on. After he finished that, he headed upstairs to go shower, blinking when Alphonse ran after him.

"Brother wait, I almost forgot!" Al called out rooting around in his armor as Edward quirked a brow. "Here...that Vincent fella gave it to me...he said that Raziel guy gave it to him to give to Sarah. But since you knew her, he opted to have you deliver it to her so he wouldnt have to take a train to central for just one little drop off." Alphonse explained, handing Edward a tiny pendant of a silver fanged skull with gold feathery wings. Ed nodded and looked the trinket over before shrugging as he stuffed it into his pocket.

"Sure I'll give it to her....when she decides to come out of her room. Itachi said she locked herself in there all day...cause I upset her by coming home hurt." Ed muttered, looking away with a guilty look. Him and Alphonse never were fans of making girls cry, hence the gloomy look on his face. Al merely nodded, patting him on the shoulder.

"Dont worry, she'll perk up..especially when she learns you sent Tobi through the roof in your training excercises before running from Tifa when she tried to pummel you." Al said with a light laugh as Ed murred.

"Gee thanks." Ed stated, getting another chuckle from his brother as he then headed for his room now. The hours had dragged by slowly, and the non-stop rain didnt seem to help the mood for the rest of the night. So the blonde had opted for retiring early that night while the others stayed up. That was til he heard a knock at his door. "Coming...." he muttered weakly, pulling himself out of bed as he went to answer the door; surprised to see Sarah standing there with an uneasy look on her face. "S..sarah? Is..something wrong?" he asked before yawning. Sarah mewed and twiddled her fingers, looking away nervously.

"I..um I know this might sound weird but...can I share your bed with you tonight?" She asked in a small voice as Ed's face flared up a bright red as he blinked in shock, wide awake now.

"W...why is that?" Edward asked, trying to surpress his blushing as Sarah shook her hands quickly while meeping.

"It's nothing like what you think! I..I just dont like thunderstorms...and the power went out and it's really thundering outside and stuff. I'm...im scared ok? I'd ask Itachi but he keeps his room way too damn cold. And Deidara snores like a sonofadog and Sasori's a cover whore. Tobi...well he has to be knocked out to sleep and who knows what he'd do to me when im asleep and in a room alone with him." Sarah prattled on, looking away now as Ed just laughed some before smiling as he covered her mouth.

"Take it easy Sarah...you can share a bed with me; just dont hog the covers though ok?" Edward replied as Sarah smiled cheerfully while he allowed her into his room.

"Well I dont think you'd need much with that tiny frame." Sarah responded, eeping when a pillow smacked her in the face as Ed smirked darkly while twitching.

"One more short crack and I'll make you go sleep with Tobi." He warned as Sarah flailed her hands infront of her again.

"Kidding kidding." she said in a tiny voice as Ed nodded. Once they were nice and comfy, Ed quirked a brow when he noticed the ravenette was shivering some even though she was under the blankets.

"You arent THAT scared of the storm are you?" Ed asked, nodding to her shivering as Sarah shook her head, sitting up to show she was only in a tiny tank top now, having removed her shirt under the covers.

"No...my shirt tag was itching so I took my shirt off." Sarah stated as Ed urped, covering his nose as he looked away.

"P..put it back on!" he meeped out as Sarah puffed her cheeks.

"No it's itchy!" she mewed out as Edward then snorted, slipping his black muscle shirt off as he then tossed it out her quickly.

"Fine wear mine then. But gimmie it back in the morning!" Edward barked back, trying to surpress his nosebleed as Sarah looked at the shirt in surprise. Giving a light smile at his kind gesture, she then slipped the shirt on and wriggled back under the covers.

"Thanks Eddie." Sarah responded as Ed waved a dismissive hand, laying down once more as he had his back to her. Though slept hardly came as both seemed to stare at certian spots in the room. Finding the silence to be toture, Sarah decided to speak up again. "You fought him...didnt you?" Sarahfina then asked, sensing that the older Elric was still awake too as he tensed abit.

"Y..yeah. If you'd call it a fight that is. It was pretty one sided. But i did get a few good hits in on the bastard." Edward muttered, looking down abit as Sarah sighed.

"That's good. I wouldnt have wanted him to completely pummel you. It was good you showed him you dont roll over for anyone. And trust me...he hates stubborn defiant types." Sarah replied back as Ed grinned abit.

"Good, and your damn right I dont roll over for anyone. By the time my training is done I'll be shoving his face into the dirt, forcing him to apologize to you." Edward exclaimed with a snicker as Sarah gave a sad smile.

"Dont get overconfident Eddie...Itachi and the others arent even a match for him even when combining their forces, and they have eons of training experince over you. I know you'd want to avenge me but please...it would make me happier if you kept your distance from him. I'm nothing worth losing your life over." Sarah whispered as Ed frowned, feeling a twinge of sadness as he kept quiet.
"I'm soo sorry I got you involved in my mess...but let's not be gloomy, let's just rest up." Sarah then stated, adding the last part with a fake happiness to her voice as she nuzzled under the covers further.

"Um..yeah. Rest well Sarah." Edward then muttered, he wanted to argue with her about how her cause to hate Sephiroth was worth fighting for, was worth avenging her father over...but he felt if he did argue he'd just upset her more...so he opted for letting it be for that night as he curled up in the bed too, closing his eyes as he let sleep take hold of him.

"But im soo happy...you lived." Sarah then added in a softer voice, stealing a glance over her shoulder at Edward, tears streaming down her face.

Meanwhile, off near the slums of central, a dark chuckle ran through the rain choked air. "Sooo...this is Central eh? Pretty bland if you ask me..I expected something far more ritzy..ah but you know me im such a picky perfectionist." A man exclaimed boredly, long black hair being soaked in the rain, lightning flashing across the skies, illuminating his ghostly pale high cheek boned face. His gold snake like eyes resting on the man next to him in a raggity blood soaked navy blue trench coat. The messy green haired male gave a soft laugh, shrugging lightly as he kicked at the dead body of the solider infront of him as he reloaded his shot gun.

"No arguement there my reptilian comrad. Let's do hope we find that Fullmetal runt and your little posse that soo rudely kicked you from the team. I'd love to raise some hell." The man stated, lightning flashing again as this time, the other man's face was on display, wearing messy clown like makeup over his scarred features. The taller ravenette just gave a playful yet ominous chuckle.

"Oh now let's not kill them now....for who would we torment then? Besides...I like to take my time." The ravenette replied in a hurt tone as the green haired male scoffed.

"Aw..why soo serious snakey? We wont kill em...just put em in the intensive care unit is all. I just want to see how many times I can break em; especially my old traitor of a employee Lou Lou." The shorter male responded, a twisted smile crossing his face as he shot the corpse nearby in the head once more before letting out a wicked laugh.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CuteFox300 on July 20, 2011, 1:45:05 PM

CuteFox300 on
CuteFox300Hey! Will my one request I did for you be in the next chapter? XDDD
And WOO the Joker!!

SweetxinsanityxSarah on July 21, 2011, 12:51:59 PM

SweetxinsanityxSarah on
SweetxinsanityxSarahYups it will happen right aways so no worries there mah friend, humilating Edo is mah forte. =3

Ed: HEY! Dx

Me: Shhh, grown ups are talking. -shoves a cookie in his mouth!-