Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The one who smiles in the rain

A tale threaded by the maidens of Fate that shows how far one would go to gain what is lost, to love, and stand up for what is right; even if you have to face the demons of Hell itself along the way....

Chapter 2 - The one who smiles in the rain

Chapter 2 - The one who smiles in the rain
Ah welcome back friend. I see you were kind enough to stick around to hear my dark woven tale of love and loss. Take a seat, care for some tea? I apologize for not putting this up soo quickly, considering I have a busy schedule plus im quite lazy from time to time. However if you are a newcomer, please go read chapter one of my tale, otherwise you will be utterly confused.

It's like watching a movie right when you miss the important details to the story, it makes no sense to you, seems reasonable right? But anyways to those who are loyal let me continue my tale. Now for those who are confused, this is not a Castlevania fanfiction. If you payed close attention to the details in my story, you'd see this was actually a Fullmetal Alchemist based tale, with many crossovers being from themes to characters themselves. But the main area where this will be held is Amestris; the Elric brother's homeworld. And I would like to greatly add that I own NONE of the characters that appear; heh if I did, you think I'd be sitting here? No no friend I'd be rolling around in my money. Only three are original hand crafted characters. Abel Constantine; Sarahfina Fair; and Louis. I would tell you more about them, but I dont wish to ruin their roles in the story. Well now that that's out of the air, let's continue, get comfy for this is a long chapter tonight and it's rather rainy outside. Kind of sets the mood huh?

Let's do a tiny recap while we are at it. Edward and Alphonse have yet to find the stone, and three years have passed since then. Ed now eighteen but still short as ever still brandishing his automail limbs, while Alphonse is still trapped withen a suit of armor being a gentle giant as he always is. But they are stubborn as ever and still searching for clues for they made that promise to each other and vow to keep it. Edward has raised up in the ranks; surprisingly becoming a Colonel after all his hard work and dedication, though at the same time still holding onto his "Hero of the people." title he earned rather well amongst the citizens. Though Roy is still at the same rank, much to Ed's displeasure at him still lording over the young alchemist.
Overtime he eventually crossed paths with a woman who ran a bar called Seventh heaven. Yup you Final fantesy fans guessed it, Tifa Lockhart. She gladly took Ed and Alphonse under her care and sees the two as little brothers she always wanted and in return they help her around the bar when they can when it comes to simple things like stocking the shelves, or picking up deliveries of more wine and other spirits to closing the bar at night.
Right now Edward and Alphonse are returning from another wild goose chase that led to a dead end about the stone, only to find out it was sadly a hoax like the others. However on this rainy day Edward and Alphonse's lives are about to change forever. Read on my friend for I can feel you smiling in anticapation at my words, so who am I to deny you?

Edward let out an annoyed sigh, rubbing his shoulder to get the pain out of his automail crafted shoulder due to the rain's humidity effecting his stumps while him and Alphonse stepped from the train after it had just pulled into central, the rain pouring down relentlessly as ever.

"Gah. Figures just my luck it would start pouring here. No doubt a bad sign..." Edward muttered, pulling his suitcase over his head to block out the cruel rain that threatened to soak his navy blue military uniform that he now wore instead of his trademark red jacket and black pants while Alphonse chuckled lightly as the rain pattered off his steel body. The big metal man leaned down and picked up his suitcase too before looking towards the dark heavens that rumbled softly with the threat of lightning.

"Yeah, let's hope Roy is merciful brother, after all how were we to know it was going to be another fake?" Al stated gently while the two began walking along through the crowd to head to their destination which was central headquarters.

"Damn they are making those hoax red stones like they are going out of fashion nowadays, it frustrates me that idiots do this cause then I have to put up with Roy's nagging!" Ed then said rubbing his forehead, just imagining the man's smug smirk as he chewed Ed out for wasting more time on a thing that probly didnt exist as it made his stomach turn. They passed by a small group of people, Ed being annoyed as he was failed to pay attention to them but Al got chills the minute his pinkish red eyes met with two of the stranger's hues. They both wore coats of black, with red clouds outlined in white on them. And what appeared to be japanese shade hats, with red bells hanging from one side of the hats, with white slabs of cloth hanging off the hats to block out most of their faces. One was blonde obviously with ice like blue eyes, bangs covering one side of his face where as the other looked odd in nature, being shorter than his brother surprisngly and giving off the appearence of a grumpy hermit. Plus he had a black bandanna wrapped around his mouth. They both looked to Alphonse with amused smiles as he continued watching them as he walked.

"Hey Al hurry up!" Ed called over his shoulder as Al snapped from his daze seeing he was starting to fall behind.

"Oh right coming!" Alphonse said nodding as he began to hurry after his older brother, however he got further unease when he noticed the two males that he had just seen, where gone from their spot. As if never there to begin with.
After the long walk to central, Ed sighed scratching the back of his neck, hating to go in but he had no choice.

"You know you dont have to come in with me Al, I can handle the lord of douches myself. How about you go greet Tifa and let her know we're back so she can get our rooms ready?" Edward then said with a light sheepish smile to his brother as Al chuckled and nodded some.

"Sure I bet she misses us. She always scolds us when we are away from central for too long besides, it's our home away from home." Al said, turning as he took off waving to Ed while the blond alchimist sweatdropped and murred.

"Didnt have to agree soo quickly ya traitor." Ed muttered but just shrugged it off and sighed. "Well time to face the music." He said to himself as he headed into the building, unaware a pair of ebony blue hues was watching him with a coy smile on pale pink lips.

"So he's back....mmm good I missed him." The female whispered to herself with a light snicker as she then vanished into the shadows, knowing where to head to next.

Once Alphonse got to the bar, he opened the door and waved to Tifa. "Hey Tifa, we're back." He called as the brunette red eyed female looked up from cleaning a shot glass, adorned in a black sleevles top with matching short pants with a sort of dress like acessory hanging from the back.

"Well now, there's a sight for sore eyes! Welcome back Alphonse, where's your lil brother? Dont tell me, had to go report to ol Roy huh and sparred you his lecturing to take it on himself?" Tifa asked quirking a brow while Al nodded lightly while taking a seat at the bar.

"Yeah he's always like that. But I dont mind, kills two birds with one stone, after all he said I should come alert you that we are back anyways." he then replied back while Tifa laughed shaking her head.

"I give him props, kids got some moxie. I'd be terrified if I had to go in alone to tell my boss I failed yet again at getting something that I was looking for on working time. I just hope Roy's in a good mood today, shot him down again when he tried to ask for the hundredth time to get a coffee with him." The bartender said in amusement as Al sweatdropped before laughing alittle.

"I hope soo too, but knowing him he'll just bury brother in a mountain of paperwork." Al then stated.

"Paperwork that Mustang should be filling out instead of oogling women." Tifa added while they both chuckled.

Roy at this time was reading over a report that was sent to him, before his dark onyx hues looked up to see Ed walking in, soaked and not very happy looking while he smirked.

"Glad you could make it Fullmetal....so I presume no luck...again?" He asked slyly while Ed scoffed and sat down on the couch in the center of the room folding one leg over the other, his arms resting on the back of the dark blue sofa.

"Spare me the remarks Mustang, it's not as easy as you make it sound. Now what do I have to do that I've missed?" Edward stated bluntly while frowning lightly in irritation as Roy just chuckled.

"Well arent we moody this lovely day. Did you loose an inch in height or something?" Roy said smirking, but quickly ducked when Ed had thrown a lamp that was sitting on the coffee table near the couch aiming for Roy's head as it missed by mere centimeters, shattering behind Roy on the wall.

"Shut it ya sexist womanizer before I beat you in the head with a chainsaw!" Edward growled out twitching as Roy just laughed.

"Someone's happy as ever. But you are starting to run out of rants it appears, must be a slow day for you. And if you insist, fine then I'll give you a case that needs to be cracked and fast besides alot of paperwork of course." Roy then said, leaning down in his desk as he pulled out a few big files and tossed them to Edward as the other shorter male quickly caught them. "It's an S rank case. Pretty much looks like copy cat works of Scar's murders; however only difference is there is no alchemists solely being attacked, just random cilivians. Not to mention the victems usually are drained of blood besides their skulls being blown up. There has been twenty deaths and counting so be careful Fullmetal. This person is much more sneakier than Scar since we have yet to place a face with the murders. Plus the last two that went to search the case ended up dead in the back alleys of the city. I'm counting on you to find this person Edward." Roy stated firmly while Ed chuckled abit, tucking the folder under his arm.

"How sweet, I come back after a month or two of searching for the stone, and you send me on a possible suicide mission. Yeah you are quite the card Mustang. But sure I'll take it on, and I'll find the person faster than the others. I wont tolerate random acts of violence. If that's all then I'll get on it right away." Edward muttered, flicking a wave as he got up and left the room while Roy chuckled some. Yet again Edward had played into his hands and was doing his work for him, considering the mission was originally assigned to Roy himself.

Once Edward left the central headquarters, he pulled the suitcase over his head again while he walked, muttering at how devious the flame alchemist was, forcing him to do this crazy mission not to mention tons of paperwork in the process. Due to not wanting to get a cold, he decided to cut through the cemetary leading towards the bar Seventh heaven. Luckily the trees farther back into the location of one's final resting place were thick enough to where he could walk without getting drenched as he walked normally now. He looked about while he roamed down the cobblestone trail seeing crosses and vast obelisks of family plots and lone graves. One tombstone peeked his curiosity though as he squinted through the misty rain. He could have sworn he saw someone standing infront of the tombstone, a female looking figure to be exact. From what he could tell her hair was pitch as night, and her back smooth and white as snow and she wore black garments that were a skirt and tank top. But when he came withen ten yards or less of the tombstone she was gone.

"Heh weird. Must be my mind playing tricks on me from lack of sleep." Ed said nervously, trying to shove out the thought of ghost quickly before he looked towards the statue mounted on the tombstone. It was of a woman of greek structure and clothing, holding a wreath in her hands while her head was titled to the left side with braided hair falling over her right shoulder, face solem and sorrowful. The eyes weirded him out however, then again statues like this always had creepy eyes that seemed to follow you wherever you go. He then looked down to the name, before he caught what the phrase at the bottom said after the death date. Until the day breaketh....

"Ok well I better get moving!" Ed said, chills running down his spine as he then hurried along, not wanting to stick around incase some banshee or zombie popped out of the ground anywhere as he picked up his pace, starting to run abit. However as he retreated out of sight while the mist swallowed him up that gathered from the rains heavy downpour. A maiden with long black hair and ebony blue eyes, skin white as cream and clothes gothic and dark as the shadows themselves watched in amusement while she sat ontop of the tombstone next to the statue of the woman, lips pursed in a playful smirk while her chin rested on her open palms, nails long as daggers itching her cheeks.

"Such a delicious little boy. If he's afraid of a few spooks, then he's going to have a heart attack when he sees what's in store for him." The girl purred out, giggling in amusment while she said this.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CuteFox300 on August 2, 2010, 6:06:34 AM

CuteFox300 on
CuteFox300ha ha Roy's the Lord of Douches XDDDDD

SweetxinsanityxSarah on August 3, 2010, 2:27:17 AM

SweetxinsanityxSarah on
SweetxinsanityxSarahYush that he is bwahaha