Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - There's a She wolf in the closet

A tale threaded by the maidens of Fate that shows how far one would go to gain what is lost, to love, and stand up for what is right; even if you have to face the demons of Hell itself along the way....

Chapter 5 - There's a She wolf in the closet

Chapter 5 - There's a She wolf in the closet
Greetings once again. I see you are unpleased with yet another cliffhanger I gave you huh? Now now what fun would it be to end it on a dull note? I would much rather keep my viewers wriggling in anticipation waiting for a new chapter, like a large bass on the hook of a fishing line. I'll reel you in, and give you some slack before fully drawing you back in at the sight of a new chapter. Now have a seat and get comfy, and I'll please your senses with another thread in this vast story I knit on the air of this cold summer's eve.
As we left off in chapter four; our height challenged blonde comes to a startling discovery that he has found the girl of his dreams in the tavern he stays at...literally. But puns aside let's continue the tale without further delay.

Was Edward exhausted? Or was he just over-reacting? Right there in the back was the same girl that he had seen the night before, the one who had weeped endlessly, while forbidding him to draw closer. And a huge winged dragon emerging from the waters to swallow him whole when he dared disobey the girl's pleas. The hair was unmistakable, it shimmered and was like a blanket around her form it was that damn long. And that skin; pale as a pearl from the ocean but not a chalky white. But just that right sort of tone that made her glow so to speak. He could feel himself shaking alittle, why was she here? For that matter why was she in his dream?!

"Brother...?" Alphonse asked, tilting his head when he noticed his older brother was staring in a mixture of shock and curiosity towards the back at someone. Edward blinked, snapping from his daze while he rubbed his one eye.

"Erm sorry I zoned out for a second. Thought that girl looked familiar...she a regular too Tifa?" The blonde then asked, glancing to said woman when she came over as he nodded towards the back, not wanting to point to be rude or draw attention. Tifa blinked before she cast her red hues towards the back on the gothic girl who was flipping through a manga it appeared while the radio blared on the eighties station next to her spot.

"Oh her? Yeah, she comes in late at night along with that other fella with the lines under his eyes. Sometimes they are joined by two or three others at times.
Don't worry though she's very quiet and harmless. Usually is caught singing along with the radio when she's in a good mood. Why you ask Eddie?" Tifa stated, cleaning an empty glass, while she cast a playful smile towards the blonde as he blushed. He then forced his face to turn back to it's normal color and looked away murring.

"N..nothing, I was just curious that's all yeesh." Ed said in a defensive tone. He really couldn't tell her he dreamed of this girl...god that would defiently not help his situation. That would be like sticking a fork in a bug zapper to try and get a lodged in twig out of it. Still though it was gnawing at his mind that the girl was here. Nah it couldn't be her he was probly just too tired and was making a mistake. But still...that dream was clear as a bell, much more than his other dreams of that world. It had to be some sort of sign.

"Brother...you are staring again." Alphonse said as Ed jumped when his brother tapped him flailing.

"Would ya stop doing that you're going to give me a heart attack!" The alchemist snapped gripping his chest while he growled in annoyance, his utter uptightness and defensive behaviour however was very clear to their big sister of sorts who in turn laughed and patted Edward on the top of his head.

"Edward quit oogling the girl like some weird painting you are trying to figure out and go talk to her." Tifa stated slyly as Ed just growled in response, growing irked at Alphonse's and the brunette's playful grins as he then hopped off the barstool.

"Fine I will, if it will get you two off my back!" He snapped, only to surprise Tifa and Al who figured he would chicken out or make an excuse. However this gave Ed an oppertunity to see the girl up close, and listen to her voice. If this was the same girl from his dream, then there had to be a reason she was here. However the closer he approached he felt his knees grow weaker, sweating abit. What the hell was he going to say to this girl?! He may have been an expert with alchemy, and a good people person, and one hell of a fighter. But he like most bookworms was terrible at talking to the opposite sex, especially ones as breath taking as this. "God dont screw this up...just..just keep it cool. Hopefully she wont laugh me away." Ed thought to himself swallowing hard as he continued walking towards the back towards the mysterious ravenette.

Said female was tapping her right foot lightly to the beat of "Sweet dreams" that played on the radio, other leg crossed nicely over the other, her eyes glued to the Vampire Knight manga that she held with one hand. She hummed alittle with the beat, too enthralled in the comic to sing at the moment. The raven haired girl then frowned when she heard footsteps coming her way and just assumed it was Tifa the barkeep..however the footsteps were alittle off, the left sounding heavier than the right foot. Growing curious she drew her eyes away and raised them, they widened some when she saw who was coming her way.

"What's this? I didnt think he would be brave enough to approach me, and why is he up this late?!...calm down he's probly helping Tifa out or something." the girl thought to herself trying to calm her nerves. But no there was something off, he was shaking and nervous; she could tell this just by his heart rate. No doubt he wanted to talk...but why? This was the first time he had seen her and she was not even trying to use a charm spell on him to lure him over. Something wasent right. Nevertheless she placed a smile on her face when he came over, as she then placed her book in her lap after putting the book mark in it to save her place. "Yes sir? Is there something you want?" She said in a polite tone, tilting her head to the side curiously.

Oh god, the voice was even a perfect match! Dammit this just made things worse...no he had to keep calm. Taking a deep breath he then regained his composture the best he could and smiled back meekly. "Uh hey..mind if I pull up a chair?" Edward asked in a small voice while the girl chuckled and nodded.

"Sure sir, but why would a big solider like yourself want to talk to me? I didn't do anything wrong...did I?" The ravenette asked in a soft worried tone while Ed shook his head lightly, sitting across from the girl while smiling abit.

"No no. And please call me Edward Elric or Ed for sho-..or Ed." The alchemist stated with a slight smile, it was hard to look at her, those dark blue eyes, it was if they were looking right through him, picking his thoughts apart and watching them like a lab specimen. The girl just sighed in relief placing her hand on her chest while relaxing in her chair.

"That's a relief, I'm Sarahfina Fair. It's nice to meet you...Elric you say? Like the Fullmetal Alchemist? I heard of you, the hero of the people right? Huh weird...you're alot taller than they say you are." Sarah then stated blinking as she looked to him with curious eyes. Ed was about to rant, however stopped and looked at her surprised.

"She complimented me, on my height?! Ok fifty points for her." Ed thought smiling inwardly, he then just laughed and scratched the back of his head meekly. "Yup that's me alright. Guess im quite popular huh?" He stated, defiently feeling better now about talking with this goth vixen.

"Well your brother sure is one for flattery huh?" Tifa said boredly, knowing dang well the girl was just trying to get on Edward's good side...considering she was taller than him, it was obvious telling by him just sitting by her.

"Yeah...let's hope it doesn't go to brother's head. But at least they are hitting it off." Alphonse said sweatdropping though he couldn't help but chuckle watching the two of them.

"So solider, telling from your stars, you're a Colonel now huh? And why did you trade out your red jacket for that big ol uniform?" Sarahfina then asked in a curious tone, leaning forward some while she rested her chin on her folded fingers, resting her elbows on table, eyes still holding that innocent curiosity in them. Edward laughed nervously, it was getting harder to avoid those eyes but he just closed his own and shrugged resting his cheek on his left hand.

"Ah something about gotta show off my rank when i'm in HQ. After all im not a major anymore. I'm alot higher up so it makes sense. But it's not like I wear it all the time, I usually wear my old threads if I am relaxing or out on a mission." He responded honestly while the female then giggled lightly and smiled.

"That's good, I always admire a guy that wears clothes that are comfy; plus black is very attractive on a man." Sarah purred out in a playful tone, only to grin when the blonde's face went a dark red as his eyes snapped open.

"Um...thanks?" Edward said shyly while Sarah waved a dismissive hand smirking.

"Don't mention it. So; you're quite something, being that high up in the ranks at your age. I bet your mother is proud of you protecting your nation." she said in a sweet voice, only to frown some when she caught the glimpse of sadness in Edward's eyes.

"Yeah..she probly would be...She passed away long ago." The blonde said quietly, usually not one for talking about his mother as his eyes rested on the candle at the center of the table.

"Oh I'm very sorry...I didn't know." she replied back with a slight frown looking down herself. So one of his parents passed away tragicly too. Guess it was a small world, this Amestris. "I know how you feel though...my father was my world...he was a great Soldier you would have gotten along well with him, he too was considered a hero of the people of sorts; went by the name Zack Fair. He..passed trying to protect me and my mom from a former friend that abandoned the army. I miss him dearly, he didn't deserve what he got." Sarah then stated, squeezing her hands alittle as they now rested on her lap feeling her nails dig into the skin of her palms, thinking about that bastard that took her father's precious life. Edward looked up, a frown marring his face as he felt a twinge of sadness for the girl. He then chuckled abit while closing his eyes.

"It's alright, and I bet he was a great guy your father. But you shouldnt be soo depressed when speaking of him. I bet if he's anything like me; he'd want you to talk about him with a heart swelled with pride, not mourning his loss. After all if he was doing his best to keep you from getting harmed by whoever this guy was; than he didn't die in vain cause you are still here right?" Ed then said with a grin while Sarah looked up in surprise before she then smiled softly and nodded trying to surpress her tears.

"Yes...daddy would defiently say that if he was still here. Thank you Edward that helps alot." Sarah then said sweetly while Ed laughed.

"Don't mention it. Now let's get off this gloomy subject." the blonde youth said while offering her a friendly grin in return. The two had talked through most of the night, he even introduced Alphonse to her, calling him over when he went past them to help Tifa stock some things. However to Ed's secret dismay it was time for the tavern to close up for the night. Sarah got up and tucked her book away, looking to Ed with a serene smile.

"It was nice speaking with you Edward...I had a very nice night." She said while walking past him, and without warning trailed her fingernails along his cheek gently before she tickled his chin. "Hopefully...we can do it again sometime. Later solider boy." Sarah then said in a darker playful tone as Ed's eyes became half lidded at this action, chills of pleasure coursing through his body at her voice and touch, watching her walk off.

"Um..yeah." He said dumbfoundedly, blinking when he heard the ding of the bell, the door already swinging closed as she was out of sight. Tifa smirked walking up behind Ed, tapping him as he jumped three feet into the air yelping.

"Hey short stuff, pick your jaw up I gotta mop." Tifa said slyly as Edward scowled and chased after the barkeep as she laughed, running quickly from the angry blonde.

"I'll show you, get back here!" Edward roared out while Alphonse tried to stop him.

"Brother cool down please!" Al whined out, only to run the other way when Ed turned and chased him, telling him not to order him around.

Later that night, Shadow was roaming the darkened streets, red eyes fixed on any moving targets. Seeing a late night worker who was taking a smoke break he grinned wickely. Moving up behind the man, he grabbed him around the mouth to muffle his cries, yanking him back into the shadows, tendrils of black sprouting from his back as they wrapped around the horrified man, jabbing him all over like needles as the man was drained dry. Once this was done, he then rubbed his shoulder wincing abit. "That should do for the night..." He muttered, only to yelp when a loud hiss rang through his mind, his body wracked with pain.

"No it's not. I will tell you when it's enough. Do I look like I want to be on a diet you cur?! Now give me more!" A dark voice hissed out mentally to Shadow as he just scowled in response.

"I cant you idiot. The city is crawling with soliders due to those copycat murders. It's far too risky!" he shot back, only to gasp and grip his chest, the tendrils shooting out as they began to lash at his body, cutting him and feeding off the broken skin.

"Fine then, since you are my host you'll provide me enough food for the night. Since you are such a coward and wont go kill another measly human for me." The icy voice shot out snickering while Shadow panted and growled through his pain.

"Gluttonus bastard...I cant wait to seal you fully away." He muttered. He got to his feet then and continued roaming..he couldnt risk being seen like this, plus it was dangerous roaming about this time of night. But due to his blurred vision, he felt his body give out, falling as he slammed into a side of a dumpstar, the thunder roaring overhead before the rain burst through the clouds a few minutes later. Tifa came into view an hour later, a few garbage bags in her hands, heading over as she swiftly swung the large things as they landed with lound 'plunks' into the trash holder as she wiped her hands off on her pants. She was about to turn and head back to the bar, but stopped and tilted her head seeing a foot jutting out near the side of the dumpster.

"Oh great another hobo...better get the poor sap out of the rain before he dies from phumonia." She muttered, walking over to the side, only to jump back when she saw a bloodied and bruised Shadow, the same Shadow that had nearly killed Edward and was chased off by that masked male. She was half tempted to beat the snot out of him for what he did...but it seems someone already beat her to the punch. After thinking it over, and seeing how helpless the man looked she sighed and leaned down, yanking his half concious form up and slung his arm over her shoulder, dragging him along towards the Seventh Heaven. Shadow frowned abit; he could feel himself moving...but he wasent working his feet to do so. Opening his eyes he then saw someone was helping him along...but the scent didnt belong to Louis, and the being was too tall to be Gluttony. He then took a daring look, eyes widening some when he saw it was that girl. The one who gave him a sore jaw for a good few hours. What the hell was she doing? He nearly killed her AND that squirt but here she was, bringing him to a warm place to rest.

"What are you up to? I thought I was your enemy...you insane or something?" Shadow muttered weakly while Tifa just rolled her eyes.

"No I'm helping you out. Enemies can show each other respect too you know. Besides; didnt want you to bleed to death out there and stink up the place with your carcass." Tifa said with a chuckle as Shadow just scoffed at the girls dark humor.

"It's gonna take alot more than that to kill me. But I have a feeling you won't let me get off easy for this." The duel haired male responded with a light smirk, knowing Tifa wouldnt be that foolish to let him into her home to recover. Once they had made it inside, and the brunette had dragged him into a spare room, helping him to sit down on the bed she then headed for the bathroom to fetch some first aid.

"You sure are sharp. And yes you are right. In return for this favor, you keep your hands off Edward and Alphonse; dont even sneeze in their direction offensivly. Less you want your jaw broken next time." Tifa said after she came back into view, a dark glare in her red hues. Shadow frowned some at the threat, his hand reaching up to touch his jaw instinctivly. No he wouln't want that...plus for some reason...he didn't want to upset this girl...sure he could handle fighting her. But it was something else. He then jumped alittle when he felt her remove his jacket.

"H..hey what are you doing?" He muttered, trying to hide his blush while Tifa murred swatting at his head for such a dumb question.

"Oh shut up, i'm going to patch you up, don't want you bleeding all over the damn sheets. Plus you'll heal faster if your wounds are properly treated." the barkeep said in annoyance as she went about to tend to his wounds as he surprisingly allowed her to do so. If it had been Louis trying to help him he would have dropkicked him across the warehouse, telling him to quit being motherly and that he'd heal on his own. But once again it perplexed him why he was letting this girl get soo close. Maybe it was those vast lovely crimson hues, that fair tender skin..or that long luxiourus brown mane of silken hair. He then grunted and shook his head, looking away when he caught himself eyeing her up, allowing her to fix him up before she turned after finishing, heading for the door.

"Hey." Shadow stated, causing Tifa to stop and blink looking towards him with a quirked brow in question. "Thanks...and I wont hurt em..my debt to you." He then muttered while staring out the window as the storm continued to rage on outside. Tifa smiled and nodded in response, closing the door lightly behind her, while she then headed back towards her room for the night.

Meanwhile Edward was back to doing more paperwork at his desk, dispite Tifa's orders of going straight to sleep since she didnt like when Edward sacrificed a good night's rest just to please the military. He was still a growing boy and needed his health. He sighed some tapping the pencil against the paper wondering what to jot down next for his report, his mind in a fog. He then jumped and cursed when a loud crack of thunder rang out, the lamp next to him going dark. "Great...guess that's a hint to hit the hay..." Edward muttered, sighing while he then stacked up his paperwork, tucking into a drawer on the desk before he then got up and went to change out of his uniform into his night wear. Unbeknownst to him, a pair of ebony hues watched him from his window, a raven haired figure with flowing back hair sitting on the rooftop across from the tavern, eyes locked on his form with a playful smile.

"Soo lovely. Mmmmph; I cant wait to dig my claws into that chest...those eyes filled with fear as I steal his innocence and drain him of life. The thought just thrills me thinking of it." Sarah purred out, nails digging deep into the bricks that made up the ledge she perched on, lightning streaking across the skies as her face held an eerie expression of pure lust and homicidal tendancies.

Off in a distant alleyway; Gluttony was digging through a garbage can, whimpering as he looked for something to eat, Louis with his hood raised standing nearby waiting on the fat creature. "Would you hurry up Glut? This place is crawling with pigs, and I dont wanna get caught just cause of that damn unquenchable appitite!" Louis snapped as Gluttony just retorted with a light growl, biting into a pipe withen the trash can. Both then jumped when they saw three figures in the same cloaks and hats come into view.

"You are in our turf...I thought we told you before to stay away..." The red eyed male said darkly while the blonde smirked under his hat.

"Maybe we didn't kick their asses good enough Itachi yeah." The blonde said playfully with a snicker while Louis glared backing up some reaching for his gun.

"That won't do you no good boy, you'll just tickle us with those bullets. And Shadow isent here to protect you either...so I suggest you run." The shortest male with the scarf around his mouth hissed out in a cragly voice that sounded like it belonged to a heavy smoker. Damn this wasent good and Louis saw they proved a good point. They would just tear Louis apart and Gluttony though immortal too would just get battered into a pulp by them; that is unless he was angered enough, and he was just downright scared of these guys and made it more evident with his whimpering.

"Alright....we don't want trouble..we'll leave. But I hope for your sake you dont cross Shadow fellas. He isent in the best of moods tonight." Louis growled out before he and Gluttony quickly turn and left, knowing when they were outmatched. Sure they were tough as nails, but they werent stupid, they had scuffled with these guys before a few times and barely came out alive each time.
Once they disappeared from sight, the scarfed male looked to Itachi with his bloodshot eyes.

"What's taking Sarah soo damn long? I thought she'd be here already. She knows I hate to be kept waiting." The male snapped, the raven haired male just pat the other on his head.

"Patience Sasori, the boy is probly still up. She did say he's an owl and likes to stay up studying. That is probly the reason for the delay, that simple." Itachi stated as said male scowled.

"Like Hell! She had a whole damn year or two to kill this blonde haired brat, and she's still dragging her feet! If she doesnt kill that fullmetal runt I'll do it myself!" Sasori exclaimed in an annoyed tone as the blonde just snickered more picking at his coat idly.

"Maybe she's molesting him un...you know how she obesses over the kid. It would make sense she'd want alittle fun before snapping his neck or bleeding him dry yeah." The blonde replied playfully, only to yelp when a metal tail shot from underneath the back of Sasori's coat, smacking the blonde upside the head.

"Quit being such a damn pervert Deidara. I like it better when you ramble on about how your art is better than mine. Least then you are acting somewhat smart and not like a teenager with raging hormones." Sasori scoffed out while Deidara glared rubbing his head.

"What! You know it and I know it's probly the reason she's late un! Studying my @$$ yeah, she turns into a blob whenever she watches that kid, especially in the shower un." Deidara muttered while Itachi cleared his throat and turned.

"Enough both of you, let's get moving. Like Louis said, there is solider's roaming about. We'll give Sarah another hour before fetching her." Itachi stated while the other two nodded, all three vanishing in the blink of an eye, flash stepping back to their hideout. However unbeknownst to them, Louis was standing behind a few large stacks of boxes, thankful the group was busy bickering and didnt sense him or Gluttony still lurking.

"Crap homles this aint good. Better get ahold of Shadow." Louis muttered as he turned and dashed off, regretting that he had left his cellphone at the warehouse.

Back at the tavern, Edward after staring at the ceiling for a few more hours, finally drifted off to sleep, a peaceful smile on his face while he curled up under the covers to protect himself from the cold. He was none the wiser as his window slid up quietly, a figure crawling through it on her hands and knees, long black wet hair covering her face while her eyes glowed silver as she cast them on the blonde's resting form. She then rose up to her full height and slowly stalked towards his bed, fangs baring into an eerie grin with each step she took towards his bed....

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Gerardthedevil on August 15, 2010, 11:48:31 AM

Gerardthedevil on
GerardthedevilOh wait no, it wasn't 3 I read, it was this one, LOL I got confused for a sec.
LOL that was creepy with the creeper lol
A few spelling and grammar mistakes, but all in all good.

SweetxinsanityxSarah on August 17, 2010, 1:04:19 AM

SweetxinsanityxSarah on
SweetxinsanityxSarahAh yes, cursed typo ninjas sneaking in lol xP

CuteFox300 on August 2, 2010, 6:22:51 AM

CuteFox300 on
CuteFox300ha ha the "50 points for her" thing cracked me up XDDDD Is she gonna rape him?? e___e

SweetxinsanityxSarah on August 3, 2010, 2:26:58 AM

SweetxinsanityxSarah on
SweetxinsanityxSarahNuuuu I aint that ebil. Or am I? -evil grin- Nah just yankin yer chain. xD -hears disapointed whines- PERVS! xD