Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Into amystica

A tale threaded by the maidens of Fate that shows how far one would go to gain what is lost, to love, and stand up for what is right; even if you have to face the demons of Hell itself along the way....

Chapter 6 - Into amystica

Chapter 6 - Into amystica
Oh good to see you again, I see you keep falling for my cliffhangers. Very good I got you caught now. But do not think this is the last time I will spring one on you. Yes every well trained author to be knows how to keep their audiance wanting more and more with each breath they take as they read the tale woven for them. Like the spider I will slowly spin you in my cocoon, keeping you there for my entertainment while I wait for another to fly into my web. I mean this all in good actions of course for I will let you go once my tale is told. But it gets lonely up here in this dank castle, and I enjoy sharing a good yarn with a fellow soul. But anyway before you fall asleep from my drolling, let's continue onwards....

Edward sleeps like a helpless newborn while Sarah looms over his form like death itself; will she silence this innocent lamb? Or will spare him from the wolves? Let's find out.

He was quite a sight to behold..even in his sleep. Like a sleeping cherub you see in those old fashioned paintings from the dark ages. Sarah smirked, moving ever more closer to him. She had to calm herself though, due to the fact she sensed another aura in the tavern that seemed threatening. The power level at the moment was low, but she had to be careful and surpress her's so as to not alert the other one. Leaning over the sleeping alchemist, she gently sat down next to him, hands at both sides of his head. Sarahfina hesitated a few moments when he groaned sleepily before turning his head to the left before he continued to breath steadily once more.

"What are you dreaming of little angel?" Sarah thought in amusement, her senses running rampant when she leaned down further. Her lips were now centimeters from his throat. Taking in his scent she purred in content, it was purely intoxicating, the scent of cherry blossom and wild bamboo. This tickled her inwardly that he would use body washes more suited for a female than the old spice brands. Baring her fangs she slid overtop of him now, shivering as her senses went wild as his heartbeat rang through her very keen ears. However she stopped in mid motion when her hand had strayed, resting upon Edward's chest over his heart. Sarah's mind was assaulted with images now due to her rare ablity to see into one's heart besides just their minds.

A vision of two little boys running up towards a house on a hill near sunset, one defiently being recognized as Edward while the other was a tiny bit taller and had darker gold eyes. This of course as Alphonse before he was transferred to that suit of armor. A woman with a serene smile greeting them, long brown hair and soft eyes wearing a soft purple dress and apron.

Edward and a young Alphonse watching as their mother looked concerned towards a tall man with a ponytail in a brown overcoat. It was hard making out his features but she could tell he had glasses. The man was holding a briefcase. He looked quietly towards Ed and Al before saying something to their mother as he turned and left...no doubt this was their father.

Edwards point of view no doubt, watching in terror as his mother lay on the floor, a bowl of fruit laying next to her scattered on the hardwood paneling as Ed called out for her in a panic along with Alphonse.

Their mother smiling softly at Edward, holding his hand before asking the young boy if he could make her a thing of flowers like their father used to do. Her eyes then closing and her hand slipping from the boy's grasp.

Edward and Alphonse now in a dark room, the suit of armor she spotted right away in the corner as the two were doing the forbidden...transmuting their mother or at least hoping to. Dark purple streaks shooting through the air before Alphonse's scream rang out, dark little hands yanking him away from Edward as the older brother reached for him, only to watch in horror as he vanished from sight along with Edward's leg. Then the boy looking onward to what he created, screaming in terror as the beast reached towards him hacking and screeching before then dying itself. He then with a determined will knocked the armor over, using his blood to draw the seal, and brought Al's soul back from the gate.

Then the vowed promise to one another as they trained their new bodies. Alphonse swearing to never leave Edward's side, that they would find a way to get their bodies back no matter what and make things right again.

And the last image, a flicker of a young girl of either five or four with long brown braided pigtails playing with Alphonse and Edward as they stayed with her father and pet dog Alexander while they studied for the Alchemy exam. The little girl looking to them as her big brothers. Then Edward screaming in rage as he punched the girl's father, due to him having been soo twisted as to turn his daughter and the family dog into a chimera that is forever in pain. The chimera begging a mournful Edward then to stop hurting her daddy. Then Edward helping to free the chimera, having used alchemy to flip the car she was locked in over when altering the road..the chimera running into a scared man with red eyes and tan skin. His hand resting on the beast's head...the last flicker then...of Edward looking on with horror as what was left of the chimera was splattered against a wall in a gory bloody mess..having been blown to smitherines from the inside out by the man with the X mark on his forehead. Edward then weeping while it started to rain...saying he wasent even able to help save a little girl....

"My god....who am I to put an angel through more torment...when the Devil himself used you as his entertainment in his greek play and tore your wings from your back..." Sarah said aloud weakly.

"Finally! Hope he picks up..." Louis said, panting in exhuastion from running five blocks straight back to the warehouse as he dialed Shadow's cell.

Said male growled some when he heard "Monster" by skillet go off on the nightstand on his black cellphone that had a flaming skull on the front of it, eyes blinking as the phone rang. Snatching it up he flipped it open, sitting up alittle. "This better be fracking important Louis. You know better than to wake me." he hissed out in a sinister tone.

"Yeah it is...wait where you at homles? Aint like you to go to a hotel since you are trying to lay low." Louis asked as Shadow growled more.

"Get to the friggin point." He snapped tapping his fingers against the bed with his free hand.

"Aight aight relax. Anyways me and Gluttony ran into those cloaked creeps. I fooled em into thinking we gave em the slip..and I overheard that brat is making her move. So if ya wanna get Ed first better hurry!" Louis stated. Shadow tensed hearing this. Dammit that lil ice dog was sneakier than he pegged her for. But what annoyed him more is that he promised to not hurt the kid to the tavern's owner in exhange for his recovery. If she killed Ed and left, he'd be in hot water...and for some reason this made him uneasy at the thought of Tifa being angry with him. It wasent fear, hell no, but it was something...else.

"Damn alright on my way. I'll meet up with you in abit, move your @$$." Shadow said, hanging up before he jumped from the bed. He soon regretted this since he wasent one hundred precent yet. Grunting and rubbing his back he hurried about the huge halls trying to track the young alchemist's scent.

Sarah continued to sit over Edward's form, she felt horrid now. She looked down at him while tears welled up in her eyes. "I...I just can't do it...i'm cruel...but i'm not evil..." Sarah said then before panicking alittle when a few tears strayed from her face, falling onto Edward's cheek. She cursed mentally when he stirred at this, gold eyes snapping open and staring in surprise into ebony blue ones.

"S...sarah?" He asked. She moved upwards and away quicker than his eyes could follow, and things only got worse when Shadow kicked the door open, red eyes glaring at Sarah.

"Touch him and I'll snap your fracking neck Fair. No way in hell you pinning this on me." Shadow growled out, Ed nearly jumping out of his skin when Shadow was now in his room.

"The hell is going on?!" Edward said in a panicked voice as he pondered if he was dreaming.

"Damn furball ruining my fun!" Sarah barked out at Shadow, she then made a few handsigns, turning back towards Edward as she pointed forward with he left index and middle fingers. "Nirvana temple Jutsu!" She yelled, feathers shooting from her fingers as they smacked him in the face, Edward's eyes instantly drooping before he fell face first back into the covers of his bed out like a light. "This isent over. I will have him. Consider yourself lucky I had a change of heart at the last moment." Sarah growled out at the duel haired male then, turning while then bolting for Ed's window, leaping out of it before Shadow could catch her. Said male swore and went to give chase, running over and looking out the window, only to see a few black feathers flutter down from the blackened raining sky.

"Dammit...annoying little dog." Shadow muttered. He then jumped when heard Tifa's voice while she came into view, her crimson hues glaring at Shadow. He then whirled around to face her shooting his hands up in defense. "Look it's not what it looks like. Someone tried to off him but ran off when I came in." He said quickly, but felt like an idiot saying it as he saw her doubtful glare. Sighing he then turned his back to her when he noticed Louis and Gluttony running down the alley just below Ed's window. "Dont believe me if you want...but I kept my promise. Thanks for helping me out..." He then said, he then perched on the windowsill and crouched down. A sad smile spread across his face before stealing another glance Tifa's way. "It was nice meeting you...hope this isent our last encounter doll." with those words of farewell, the ravenette then sprang out the window and did a flip in the air, landing next to Louis before they retreated out of sight into the vast city. Tifa had ran over to the window watching this. For some reason she felt bad for doubting the man...true he didnt kill Edward since the boy was fine, just sleeping.

"Gah...friggin weird brute. First he wants to kill him...then he doesnt. But why would he want to hold a promise to me when he barely knows me?...ah well least he's gone..." Tifa said aloud to herself...but for some reason she was abit bummed at Shadow's departure, hell she didnt even get his name. Turning she then tucked Ed's form back into the bed since he was halfway slumped over it on the verge of falling out as she then shut his window and left the room. She then had to tell a panicked Alphonse who was just coming in at the tail end of everything to calm and explained the situation to him. But she then had to make him vow to keep quiet about this to Edward. Last thing they needed was Ed to be paranoid about going to sleep for fear of Shadow or someone else to come in to kill him while he rested.

Off near the outskirts of a huge forest, the three cloaked males waited quietly. Itachi looking up first when Sarah walked into view with a solem expression on her face. He frowned alittle upon seeing this. Something was up.

"Did you finally do it? Can we now get on with our lives?" Sasori asked while he too looked to the female ravenette. Sarah glared at him before she continued walking past them.

"Couldnt....Shadow..interfered and I had to bolt." Sarah said quietly. Sasori scowled angerily while Deidara groaned in annoyance.

"Give me a break! You could have just snapped the brat's neck and pinned it on the hairball!" Sasori roared out while then ducking when Sarah whirled around, blasting an icy wind at him with her one hand.

"Lay the frack off! I..I just couldnt alright? I fracking panicked sue me!" Sarah snapped, her power levels rising while Itachi rested a hand on her shoulder when he approached her.

"Patience Sasori...the time will come. This was just a minor setback. Let's just go rest up. We'll get him next time." Itachi whispered, calming Sarah's frayed nerves as he then led her and the others back to the hideout. He knew why Sarah had hesitated though...she never was like this before. Always quick and cunning with her killings. The Uchiha just grew all the more uneasy inside as they walked along through the darkened forest.

"I sure do hope you know what you are doing Sarah...." Itachi thought to himself as a frown marred his face though it was hidden well behind the collar of his cloak.

The night before was a huge blur to Edward, well the remainder of it. He was working on some of his reports while one hand rested against his forehead to support it from slamming into the table he sat at. Was he dreaming about Sarah sitting over him? He must have been considering the girl gnawed at his mind like a starved dog to a peice of raw steak. But if so why was she crying? And he felt the tears nonetheless. Man this was going to bother him for days on weather it was real or not, Sarah's visit into his room that is. He was soo frazzled he hadent even touched his breakfast, wanting to get the paperwork out of the way first to shut Roy up was his excuse to Tifa who scolded him. He even tuned her out when she told him he'd stay short for the rest of his life if he continued having bad eating habits along with not drinking his milk. Alphonse came to sit beside Ed, having recieved a few documents from Havoc when he bumped into the male earlier that morning when he was fetching groceries for Tifa.

"Um brother, more information came about that Scar Copycat killer." Alphonse stated while he placed the notes next to Ed on the table. The older Elric blinked and turned to said files.

"Oh, thanks Al, hopefully it's some good leads." Ed replied opening the orange envelope and slipping the files and reports out. The paperwork would have to wait now since after all he was assigned to this mission. Not to mention he wanted to solve it to rub it in Roy's big nose that he could do a mission the flaming homo alchemist couldnt. He quickly scanned over the reports from a few eyewitness accounts. His heart then skipped a few beats when he read the passages from three different citizens. All of them saying they saw a raven haired girl appearing to be in her late to mid teens in gothic attire lurking about some of the streets an hour or thirty minutes before some of the slayings. Some even saying her hair was down past her ankles. No...it couldnt be her...Edward was shaking some as he read the reports; so much soo that Alphonse noticed.

"Brother...?" Al asked softly, concern lacing his voice before Ed shook his head and looked down trying to keep his voice from cracking.

"Nothing...it's alright Alphonse. Just that I feel like a sucker now. We have to find that girl. Better wait til she pops up again though." The blonde said, a tad bit of anger in his voice now. There was many things you shouldnt do to Edward. One was obvious; dont call him short. Another was to act like you knew him and compared yourself to him. And the last was to never make him look like an idiot and pull the wool over his eyes. He had secretly gotten a crush on the fair skinned beauty. And now he felt stupid for wearing his heart on his sleeve. It scared him too, knowing now that it wasent a dream the night before, she WAS in his room that night...and she was probly planning to make him her next victem. The night slowly crept up on them all. It seemed the dreary mood was contagious considering Tifa too was seemed distracted by something. Ed was now currently reading through one of his alchemy books, wanting to get his mind off the reports at the moment since he already knew who might be the killer. He didnt even notice someone pass by him before they stopped. It was the man in the red clouded black cloak with the lines under his eyes. However his head certianly shot up when the man spoke calmly.

"You seek the stone...even though it's bathed in the blood of millions of lost souls...correct?" He said sofly, Ed then turning in his chair, casting a glare at the taller man adorned in the black coat and shaded hat.

"The hell you care?" Edward growled out, still creeped out by this guy. But nonetheless he wouldnt let him know about it. The man then closed his eyes and chuckled softly.

"If you are willing to believe in such a fairy tale...tell me do you seek other ways of getting your wishes too? There is more than one way child...the stone is the bloodiest path above the other's though..." The man then asked, dark empty eyes locking on Edward's honey colored ones. This sent chills up his spine. Not to mention the words he spoke baffled him abit.

"What...other ways are there?...tch the hell am I asking you. I screwed up using alchemy, so I going to fix my problems with alchemy. I'm not taking an easy way out so piss off." Ed then snapped, turning to look away, now really annoyed. Itachi only sighed some...well at least he tried. He then turned alittle, but not before resting his hand firmly on Ed's right shoulder, leaning down though his gaze remained forward and not at Edward.

"Words of advice little lamb. Be careful where you wonder for what you seek. For wolves with empty stomaches and bared teeth wait near the forst that is never blessed with heaven's rays. Ready to punish those who stray too far from the flock that dare try to enter the temple of sins that stands outside the city of miracles. Be hopeful you find a wolf with a wounded foot that will be willing to share their power with you to protect you from the hungry pack." Itachi said in a stern yet calm tone. After saying this he stood at his full height, leaving without another word as Ed sat there watching him walk through the door.

"The hell...was that about..?" Edward whispered, now more shaken then ever. Did this man just give him information on where the stone was?

A few days had passed since then as day slowly turned into night, Tifa left the Elrics to watch the bar for a few hours as she herself had drivin off in her pickup to a warehouse where a delivery truck would stop to drop her off more supplies for more beverages for the tavern. Alphonse at this time was cleaning the bar top off as Edward sat on a stool reading more reports. The suit of armor gasped softly when looking up as a tinkle of the door's bell went off softly, the ravenette beauty walked towards the back as always. "B...brother she's here." Al whispered when he passed his older sibling, pretending to go stack a few things behind the bar to not make his actions soo obvious incase Sarah was watching.

"I know Alphonse..." Edward whispered back, having spotted her first since his eyes were glued to the door the whole time and not his reports. Not wanting his actions soo obvious either he returned his eyes to the papers infront of him, waiting for the right moment. Sarah sensed the hostility in the air. The aura was soo thick you could cut a knife through it. Boy when this kid was pissed...he was PISSED. It shook her up some..and she was far more powerful than the young alchemist. After a few minutes passed she smirked inwardly deciding on what to do. Getting to her feet and tucking her book away, she walked towards the door. Her speed picking up when Edward began to follow.

"Good boy...follow the bait..." Sarah thought inwardly in slight amusement.

Meanwhile Tifa was leaning up against an old abandoned car, tapping her foot in annoyance. "Dammit...I really wish these guys would stop dragging their asses." Tifa muttered, hating to wait, especially in the middle of practicly nowhere in the dangerous part of Central. She paused then, hearing a slight growl before a fat beast came dashing into view from around the corner. Tifa jumped back but reacted quickly to the sin's surprise ambush, yanking her fist back before slamming it hard into his face. She felt bones crack in the male's face as he yowled and was sent rolling, slamming into the abandoned car hard.

"Well...that takes care of me pummeling the fatass myself. I told him not to touch you. Louis must not be feeding him good enough..." A familiar voice stated, Shadow turning the corner with his hands tucked in his pockets, smirking when Tifa looked at him in surprise.

"Hey hold it...I have a few questions for you. And I want them answered." Edward said sternly, having called out to Sarah when she was a few yards away from the Seventh heaven bar. Sarah paused before smirking slyly, ebony eyes locking with his.

"If you catch me I'll talk. Think you can keep up short stuff?" She replied back, turning and dashing off afterwards.

"Dammit I said hold it!" Edward yelled out, cursing up a storm inwardly at her while he gave chase. Zig zagging about alleyways and jumping over fences. "Holy frack is she some kind of cheetah chimera or what?!" he yelled to himself, starting to get alittle winded from chasing the raven haired girl. He then thought a few moments, grinning when he got a good view where he stood at the allies ahead. Jumping down he turned and went east instead of west. Edward then crouched down out of sight and waited, when Sarah turned to the mouth of the alley he was on the opposite end of, he skidded into view. Clapping his hands he slammed them onto the wall next to him while the energy shot through the walls, sealing both exits. "I say that's checkmate dont you think? Cant run now ya emo dog. Now let's talk..." Edward said panting heavily from being worn out from running soo fast for soo long.

"Heh...he's a smart one...to bad for him though...he caught a shark in his net this time." Sarah thought. When Ed came closer, only a few feet away now Sarah's eyes grew wide before her lip quivered. "Oh please Eddie....dont hurt me...I dont like it rough!" Sarah said between soft uneasy cries, looking away and closing her eyes. She then started to unzip her top when he was unphased by her act. "Alright if you insist..but no cutting." She then mewed out...ha the minute she did this the blonde's face went pure red as he stumbled back.

"Whoa...the hell you doing?!?!" Ed stuttered out in shock. That hesitation was all Sarah needed, doing a quick handsign she then grinned darkly.

"No..I have checkmate squirt. NIRVANA TEMPLE JUTSU!" Sarah yelled, feathers flying from her fingertips once more and striking Edward as he gasped, wobbling before he crashed down onto the pavement, eyes sliding shut as his body was overwhelmed with fatigue, his last sight being his pocket watch rolling away and Sarah smiling in amusement down at his form.

"...Al..hel..p." Ed said softly..his vision going black then. The ravenette chuckled softly, kneeling down while her fingernails gently raked his cheek.

"Got you now my little lamb..." Sarah purred out in his ear. She then slid her hands under his body, picking him up with great ease bridal style before a swarm of feathers made of ice wrapped around them both, as they vanished from the alleyway, Ed's watch being the only thing left behind...

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Gerardthedevil on August 20, 2010, 6:37:59 AM

Gerardthedevil on
GerardthedevilAww =(

SweetxinsanityxSarah on August 23, 2010, 5:24:08 AM

SweetxinsanityxSarah on
SweetxinsanityxSarahYush, but wait til next chap, much sadder scene! x3

CuteFox300 on August 9, 2010, 1:19:45 PM

CuteFox300 on
CuteFox300My god now I'm sad cause I remember their mother's death and Nina's as well TT^TT Very well written and suspenseful! *o*

SweetxinsanityxSarah on August 11, 2010, 3:40:18 AM

SweetxinsanityxSarah on
SweetxinsanityxSarahThankies x3 I live for suspence mwahaha