Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Nothing I wont give

A tale threaded by the maidens of Fate that shows how far one would go to gain what is lost, to love, and stand up for what is right; even if you have to face the demons of Hell itself along the way....

Chapter 7 - Nothing I wont give

Chapter 7 - Nothing I wont give
Welcome back, where we last left off, our little alchemist; Edward Elric was in abit of a pickle. First off the girl he recently met had been reported to have been a key suspect to the Scar copycat murders. And secondly when he cornered her she knocked him out with a sleeping spell only to then spirit him away to a place unknown. And not only that but Tifa has once again ran into Shadow who mysteriously saved her from turning into Gluttony's chewtoy. What shall happen next you ask? Well let's continue onward with my tale....

Alphonse was growing worried, it had been three hours since his older brother had bolted out the door after that girl. Edward wasent one to drag his feet. Something must have happened for sure. Al did his best to calm his thoughts on what could have happened, getting paranoid never did help him after all. It was due to his paranoia at one time that he was led to believe his soul wasent even real; thanks to a certian insane butcher by the name of Barry.

"Calm down Al...he's probly taking her to Central headquarters...yeah that's it." the large suit of armor stated aloud to himself, thus continuing to call out for Edward's name, hoping he was heading back down towards the tavern and would hear him. "Right now he's probly going to turn the corner and tell me to stop being soo loud, cause I'll wake up the neig- oh no!" Al then said, feeling himself shake abit when something glinted against the street lights on the ground a few feet ahead of him. Running over towards the object he knew what it was without a doubt as he picked it up, the fear withen him only escalating.

"This is brother's watch! He'd never leave it lying around. That settles it, I have to get help!" Alphonse thought to himself, clenching his hand tightly around the watch before he turned and dashed off to where Tifa said she would be going for the delivery drop off. "Don't worry brother help is on the way!" Alphonse said aloud in a determined voice as he dashed through the quiet streets of the city.

Tic...tock...tic...tock...gong!...gong!...gong!..
The loud clock gonged nine more times, before returning to it's normal tic,tocking. Midnight, god how long had he been out? Edward grunted, slowly opening his eyes as they adjusted. He could see that he was in a dark room, the moon peering in through the stain glass window being the only source of light besides the candles. Sitting up the blonde rubbed his forehead, all the while letting his eyes adjust further to his surroundings. The room he was in felt like it was straight out of some novel by Mary Shelly. The large stone colums that held the room up had busts of demon's heads carved from the colums, tongues hanging out of their sneering jaws. A large black bearskin rug layed underneath him, it's jaws opening in a silent roar and it's eyes glassy and blank. The carpet that adorned the whole room itself was a deep mouve. Candle albra's were nearly everywhere some lit others not. A huge fireplace was behind him, a coat of arms of a dragon holding a shield was just above it and the carving of a wolf was withen the mantle itself. Embers were crackling and spitting softly withen the belly of the fireplace, no doubt a sign it was lit for awhile. The window when he turned to look at it again was quite impressive, actually it was five seperate windows. Two of them were side by side, the other two paned ones were on both sides of the previous two. The largest sat above them all in a circular shape and made of stained glass. First shape inside the circle was a flower of red and purple, than a diamond of green and blue, and finally in the center finishing off the whole window was a huge black spider.

"Heh...this place feels like it should be from one of those cheap horror movies." Edward muttered to himself, standing up as he glanced towards the walls. Some of them had huge suits of armor standing against them, others had paintings. He couldnt make out all of them from where he stood...but one caught his eye once the moon fully shone on it once the clouds pulled away from it. A being stood in the painting surrounded by red roses and clock gears. He wore a jacket of blood red with it's hood up over his blonde locks, his golden eyes holding a bored look to them while his braid spilled out from the hood on his right shoulder, the flamel symbol on his bare chest that peeked out from the inner opened black jacket with white trim. He was looking at a painting of himself! Eyes widening the alchemist stumbled back, and forgetting of the bear skin rug's head at that time he tripped over it and yelped hitting his head hard. "T..the hell is that!?" he said, panic rising in his body. Oh damn he was really freaked out now.

"You don't like it? I worked very hard on it you know." A familier voice stated, Edward turning his head in the direction of the voice as it's owner Sarahfina stepped into the room, a playful smile on her face. Edward just growled as he pushed the pain away and sat up.

"Don't give me that! What the hell kind of sick game you playing?! Not to mention that was a dirty trick you pulled earlier!" The blonde snapped, remembering when Sarah had nearly flashed him inorder to make him drop his guard. This of course got a light laugh from the female before she slowly walked past him, planting herself in a large black chair that was just out of Edward's sight while she crossed her legs leaning into it.

"All is fair in love and war. Thought Roy taught you that Fullmetal. And it's not a sick game, I just love to paint is all. And you boy are a good subject let's just say." Sarah replied smoothly, a smile playing on her features while the moon shone on her form, making her glow almost. That smile though made Edward uneasy.

"Whatever, but anyways you didnt answer my questions. And now that we are alone I want you to do some talking." Edward replied, hiding his fear as he smirked and got back up, transmuting his arm into a blade while he pointed it towards her. "And dont think that just because you have me in your home means you have the upperhand." He then snapped as Sarah chuckled again, dark blue eyes looking to him calmly.

"Put that thing away...I dont wish to hurt you Edward. I brought you here so we could talk without prying ears listening in on us. Now what are your questions?" She then said softly while giving him a bored gaze, catching Ed off guard before he snorted. Damn girl reminded him of Roy somewhat with her confidence.

"Fine then. A few citizens said in my reports that you were spotted lingering around a few of the murder scenes before the murders even took place. Now I ask you Sarahfina Fair. Are YOU the one killing these people?!" Ed then exclaimed in a firm voice, gold eyes boring into ebony blue. A few minutes of only the clock ticking filled the large room as Sarah then sighed lightly and closed her eyes.

"What if I did commit a few of them? I have a reason you know. I need to do it to survive." She exclaimed as Edward snapped.

"No reasons give you an excuse to commit murder! Survival of the fittist my @$$; you cant go killing people when you feel like it!" Ed growled out as Sarah glared at him then.

"No Edward, I really mean I need to kill inorder to survive...plus it was my master's orders. You think I enjoy it? No I cant help it, but it's in my nature." Sarah exclaimed, her tone growing darker while Edward tried to register what she meant in his mind. His heart only leaping now as he looked to her uneasily but still he kept that firey anger in his eyes.

"What...other reason did you bring me here? I doubt it was just to talk. If you wanted to tell me something you wouldnt have lured me away from Alphonse or brought me to who knows the hell where. I'll tell you one thing, I won't be easy to kill or silence. They'll know if I'm gone." Edward then stated in a firm voice, thinking that Sarah was planning on killing him after telling him the truth that she was the killer, or part of a mafia gang or something and the boss wanted him dead. This of course earned a laugh from Sarah which confused Edward even more. She then gazed to him with playful eyes while resting her hand on her cheek.

"Edward you sure have a keen eye for things. Yes I brought you out here for another reason too. No I didnt bring you here to snuff you out or whack you or anything like that. I am offering to you something much greater. A friend of mine told me of his little run-in with you a few days ago. Let's just say...I am that wolf with the wounded foot." Sarah said, her eyes only glinting with more mischeif when she saw Ed's eyes light up with surprise as he walked a few steps towards her.

"Yo..you mean what he meant...was the philosopher's stone? That he knows where it is along with you?!" Edward said stunned, his heart racing now with excitement as the ravenette slowly nodded her head.

"Not the philosopher's stone, but a stone just like it...only soo much stronger. Infact it was rumored to be the very stone that inspired the philosopher's stone. It is called the Crimson stone. It was forged from the souls of thousands of powerful warriors lured to a fortress by a wicked man. It is said that he who holds this stone, controls the Grim Reaper himself. But there is a catch. No mortal can wield the stone for it is too great a power for them." Sarah explained as Edward looked to her baffled by her last words.

"Then what's the point? Seems pretty useless if I can't even use it." Edward asked as Sarah murred and looked to him more seriously.

"There is a way Edward...I said no mortal can wield it. The man that holds it now is no ordinary man. And I along with my comrades arent actually human ourselves....do you know what I am Eddie? And no I am not a homunculus, nor are any of my comrades or our master." Sarah then said, her voice becoming playful as Edward looked to her confused. If she wasent a homunculus...what was she? He started to register what she said along with the events up until now. That guy, Itachi who faced off against Shadow, he showed they were super fast. Plus they hardly moved about during the day. They appeared around dawn or late in the night. Most of time he saw her or Itachi visit they hardly ate anything. Only a few snacks here and there, rarely a large dinner. Both were pale. Plus Sarah said she needed to kill inorder to survive....it then clicked as he felt silly at the end result but he just had to ask.

"A....vampire?" Edward asked, ready to duck incase she flung something at him for daring to compare her to those sparkly freaks in the Twilight movies. Instead he looked to her stunned when she smirked, pearly white fangs glinting in the moonlight while she laughed softly.

"You sure are a bright one. Yes I'm a vampire, and no I dont sparkle like your pal Armstrong. What I offer to you Edward....the reason I brought you out here...is to give you the ablity to get your arm and leg back and your brother's body. The price though; would have to be sacrificing your humanity inorder to wield the crimson stone after you defeat my master. It is not soo bad though Ed, beautiful and young forever, and strength and speed beyond your wildest dreams along with a few other perks. I want to know though...will you take my deal?" She then asked curiously, tilting her head to the side while she waited for Edward's answer as he closed his eyes upon hearing this, wanting to know what he should do....

"The heck you doing out here this late anyways?" Shadow asked Tifa, glaring towards Gluttony who tried to inch towards Tifa as said sin whimpered and backed away again. "No Glut, she is off limits." He growled out, sounding more dangerous than he wanted. Tifa snorted as she waved a dismissive hand.

"Not like I was stalking you big boy so dont get your hopes up. I am just waiting for a delivery truck to drop me off some more supplies for my tavern is all. I should be asking you that question though." Tifa retorted, a smirk coming to her lips while her red hues eyed the raven and red haired male before her. Shadow murred some as he looked off to the side tucking his hands into his pockets.

"I live in that warehouse that's why. Gluttony caught you sniffing around our turf and without my permission tried to take an unwanted sample taste out of you. Think of him as a big hungry guard dog." Shadow exclaimed calmly while he then pat the homunculus on the head. "Dont worry though, he wont hurt you less I give the say so." He then added when he sensed the bruntte's unease towards the chubby fella who was currently sucking on his index finger. When the truck finally came pulling into view Tifa then smiled towards the other.

"Alright, and hey want to help me lug these things into the back of my truck? After all Alphonse and Ed arent here at the moment, plus it would get me off your turf faster." Tifa asked as Shadow shrugged and nodded, going to help her with the aforementioned task. When the last three crates were loaded into her truck, Shadow looked over his shoulder with curious eyes when he heard a loud clanking ring through the street then saw Alphonse come around the corner.
"I think you are alittle late, we got this handled Al so dont worry." Tifa stated to the suit or armor who shook his head then at her statement.

"N..no no it's not that. It's brother he's in trouble I think!" Alphonse stated, opening his previously clenched fist to reveal Edward's silver pocket watch. "He went chasing after that girl Sarahfina three hours ago. I went looking for him and I found this in one of the allies! Brother would never let this lay around, she probly kidnapped him or something!" Al said in a shaky voice as Tifa's eyes widened before she pat Alphonse on the arm.

"It's ok Al calm down. We'll find your brother keep your cool. Ed wouldnt want to see you all shaken up like this. Let's just go get Mus-"

"No...I know where he is. He isent in trouble. As far as I know about Sarah he should be doing alright...let's hope so at least if he took the offer." Shadow said, cutting off Tifa while both looked to him with curious eyes.

"W..what offer? What do you mean?" the armor asked, voice still shaky as the older male turned and walked towards the warehouse.

"You just head back kid, I'll find your brother for you. All you have to do is keep an eye on Tifa. Don't worry he's probly doing fine. Depending on his answer though to Sarah...he might have something in common with you once he comes back." Shadow stated. Before Alphonse could ask what he meant, all four jumped when gunshots rang out in the warehouse along with a string of curses. "Dammit Louis, that idiot needs to get kicked in the head!" the male then hissed, dashing inside followed closely by Gluttony. Tifa and Al being curious too also went to see what the ruckus was about. When they got there they could see Louis pointing a gun at the two males Alphonse saw from the train station in the black coats and shade hats. The blonde was hiding behind the crouched down male who had a huge tail jutting from the back of his coat at the bottom and a dead body of what looked like a baker or a chef lay nearby.

"We don't want any trouble, we were just dumping our meal un! Those military guys are sniffing too much around our old dumping spots so we had to put it somewhere else yeah!" Deidara yelled out as Sasori nodded.

"We chose here because that fat thing would hopefully eat it, and dispose of the evidence. Trust me we didnt want to sneak onto your turf boy, but we had no choice!" Sasori growled out, both looking to Shadow when he walked over and placed his hand on Louis's gun, lowering it.

"As long as it's that, and not trying to pin us for the killings, than alright. But mark my words, you try to get us in trouble and I'll make you all regret it." Shadow said darkly as Deidara nodded quickly as Sasori just scoffed, unphased by Shadow's threat.

"M...meal?" Al said, both him and Tifa looking very confused now, then looking away when Shadow sent the large sin over to gobble up the dead man as Shadow then looked back to the duo.

"Oh by the way, you know where Sarah is? I need to fetch the runt, obviously she didnt give Alphonse the memo she gave you and me." the raven haired male asked as Sasori and Deidara looked to each other as the shorter man then looked back to Shadow.

"Probly at her old mansion near the outskirts of the city. I wouldnt brother dashing straight in there though, she made it so you cant bust right in. Considering the fact she has a barrier up. After all she wants to make sure there are no inneruptions when she gives Edward the offer." Sasori said calmly as Shadow snorted.

"Well I'll give her thirty minutes when I go there, if Edward isent out by then, well I'm busting down that barrier. After all that kid is to be kept alive for a reason, he made a promise to his brother." Shadow said before he turned and headed out of the warehouse. "Louis, take Tifa and Alphonse back to the tavern and wait there with em. If I aint back in a few hours come with your best weapons." Shadow yelled over his shoulder.

"Tch dont get my hopes up holmes." Louis said with an amused grin, getting up as he slung his gun over his shoulder, following Tifa and Alphonse back out to their truck. When Al went to ask the two others what they meant by meal, once again they were out of sight, having vanished. The ride back home was quiet, but Alphonse didnt know what to say to a guy that tried to shoot them a awhile ago. Once they headed inside Tifa and Alphonse went to stack the bottles in their rightful places, surpringsly even Louis helped them out.

"You know you dont have to...you are the guest after all." Tifa said with a smile as Louis shook his head emptying another crate as he began to stack the wine bottles.

"Nah nah, aint nothing cool about being a freeloader; ya smell me holmes? I want to put my part in too." Louis said with a grin as Tifa nodded, after all he had a point. And who was she to object? Once the bottles were all stacked, Alphonse sat down next to Louis, looking to him uneasily.

"Um...about what those guys said...what did they mean by...meal? And what is Sarah offering my brother...?" Alphonse asked softly to the latino raven haired teen. Louis sighed at this, closing his dual colored eyes.

"Well big guy...all I can say is that there is scarier things out there far more terrifying than Gluttony. Dont worry though your brother will still be himself when he comes back...he'll just be on a liquid diet is all." He stated, only furthur confusing Alphonse who then looked out the window with a nod.

"I...hope so. I just hope he is doing ok...wherever he is." Al stated while he clasped his hands together nervously, trying to calm his nerves.

After a few minutes of quiet that filled the dark musty room, Edward then looked up with a wide grin. "You had me at the ablity to be one step closer to get my brother's body back. Sure immortality is a nice touch, but if I have to sacrifice my humanity inorder to use this all mighty stone that makes the philosopher's stone look like a peice of cheap costume jewelry, then so be it! I would give up my soul to the devil himself if it meant the return of my brother's body. I'd do anything to set my errors right. So let's have this power, I'm not afraid." Ed said in an excited yet confident tone. Hearing this surprised Sarah, she had thought Edward would refuse it, saying it was wrong or call her a demon; something along those lines. That he would try to run or try to fight her. Boy this kid sure was full of surprises. Smiling she got to her feet, then vanishing as she reappeared behind Ed, wrapping her arms around his shoulders, fingers lacing the top buttons of his uniform.

"Are you sure about this Edward? There is no turning back once I strip you of your humanity. No way to turn you into a human again." She asked in a soft voice just next to his ear. The alchemist blushed darkly at how close she was to him. Smiling he shrugged while chuckling.

"Hey I commited one ultimate sin already, giving up my humanity shouldnt be that big of a deal. After all you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet." Ed said calmly, causing Sarah to smirk further before she guided the shorter male over towards a nearby couch that was a dark red, and looked as if it hadent seen a duster in years. Placing him down on it the raven haired girl wasted no time at all, yanking the uniform jacket top off Edward's body while she then pulled his black muscle shirt's left strap down, the girl now sitting in his lap. She smiled at him playfully, making him lean back against the couch more while she slid her fingernails down his cheek. Edward could help but blush deeply at this. After all he hadnt been this close to a girl since...well never.

"Just relax Eddie...it will only hurt for a few moments. Then it will feel quite nice afterwards." Sarahfina whispered into the blonde's ear as he gulped giving a nervous nod. His eyes widened when he saw her eyes silver, pupils turning catlike as her fangs were bared. Then in a flash they dug into his left collar bone as he let out a cry of pain, head jolting back while he shut his eyes tightly. It felt as if he was getting jabbed with two needles and a deep fire was getting injected into him. However just as she had promised, the pain began to fade, a sort of soothing sensation, like a tingling began to replace the burning as his body relaxed. He could feel himself all the while growing colder and weaker, his vision beginning to blur. When we began to teeter on the line of conciousness he then felt her pull away, and watched as she then bit down into her wrist, enough to draw a good amount of blood as the red liquid dripped onto the sofa's coushins next to his leg. She then looked to Edward and reached out, leaning his head up as she held her wrist up to him.

"Drink...drink from me Edward and eternity shall be your's." She then whispered soothingly. Ed wrinkled his nose at the penny-like smell of the liquid. To drink someone's blood made his stomach rile up alittle on the inside. What was he thinking of?! No he didnt want this now. But then a flicker of Alphonse shot through his mind. How Alphonse needed him. This panicked him, no he made a promise to Alphonse that he would get his body back no matter what. There was nothing he wouldnt give. Leaning up with the firey determination that was his only means of moving him now, he bit down into the bleeding wound and began to drink from it like a calf to it's mother's utter. At first it tasted like he had a mouth full of pennies in his mouth...but then the taste became more welcoming. As he fed he could see memories..memores that didnt belong to him flash through his mind's eye.

A man with raven spiked hair and deep blue eyes, wearing a purple sleevless turtle neck with matching baggy pants, a huge sword strapped to his back. He was laughing as he tossed a little raven haired girl up in the air before catching her again. A woman with silver hair and green eyes sitting not too far off in a victorian blue and red dress. No doubt the little girl was Sarah, the two older beings her parents.

Another man stood nearby, long silver hair and green eyes adorned in a black trenchcoat with knee high matching boots. Metal shoulderpads on his shoulders and a long katana strapped to his belt on his right hip, two other males beside him one looking like a slightly older version of Sarah's father only with his hair smoothed back more, and a scar on his face. The other no doubt was closer to Sarah's father's age, long brown shoulderlength styled hair, bright blue eyes, and a jacket of red with black trim. No doubt it was Sarah's birthday they were attending, due to the cake that was on the picnic table nearby. Everyone looked happy and content, a young Sarah happily chasing after the silver haired man with her toy sword, jabbing him in the knee as the man acted like she wounded him, falling over dramaticly as everyone laughed. "Haha got you uncle Seph! I am the best warrior now!" The young Sarah exclaimed.

"You sure did little one. But you have a long way before you can beat me." The silver haired man said, sitting up as he ruffled the little girl's hair. Sarah nodded as she then flailed her arms.

"You just wait uncle Sephy, I'll be as strong as my daddy one day. The best soldier ever in the whole wide world!" Sarah exclaimed proudly causing said male to grin hugging her from behind.

"That's my lil angel!" he stated.

Another memory now came, this one much different. Fire was everywhere, screams of terror rang through a burning city as the buildings crumbled in on themselves, unable to withstand the intense flames. A young Sarah was curled up in her mother's arms, crying loudly as she reached out towards her father who was kneeling down, holding onto his sword for support, covered in blood. A man stood a few feet away, the silloutte and the sword making it obvious who the man was. It was this Uncle Seph from the earlier memory.

"Daddy no dont! Come with us he'll hurt you! Uncle Sephy went bad please daddy dont fight him!" Sarah screamed out, tears streaming down her face as she tried to pull away from her mother's arms. The man turned, giving her a soft smile as he wiped some of the blood from his forehead.

"Dont worry baby girl. Daddy is going to be ok. You and mommy get to safety ok? Daddy Zackers doesnt want this creep to hurt you. There is nothing I wouldnt give to make sure you are out of harm's way, I promise. Now please let daddy keep that promise ok? I love you both very much." The man now known as Zack said, turning as he then charged towards the silver haired male, sword raised high as Sarah screamed out reaching for him more as the mother turned and ran, the smoke that rose blocking out her vision of her father.

"Enough!" Sarah yelled withen reality, yanking her arm away from Edward as he yelped and fell backwards, landing on the floor with a hard 'thunk'. His heart was racing a mile a minute and he was doing all he could to keep from crying.

"Tho..those visions...they felt so...so real." Edward said weakly as Sarah nodded rubbing at her wrist as it started to rapidly close up.

"Yes those were my memories. When a vampire is turning another; their memories are shown to the one consuming the life blood of the doner. I'll explain them later if you wish. Right now though you have to brace yourself." Sarah said then as Ed looked to her curiously. However before he could even get out the question a sharp pain jolted through him as he gasped, his head shooting back as he dug his hands into the carpet, a scream of pain escaping his lips. His whole body felt as if it was being put through a meat grinder. Dammit why didnt she warn him about this?! Well if she had he probly would have backed down. No darn it he made a vow, no matter what he'd pull through, for Alphonse. He could feel his heartbeat start to slow down to dangerous levels, he could hardly feel it but he knew it was still going, just barely. The nails on his left hand, they became longer and sharper, glinting in the light now as they felt hard as diamond. As he let out another cry of pain, his canines grew and sharpened, now officialy fangs that set the whole look off. All the while his senses became stronger, but all at once when this hit him it left him dazed. Once the pain started to fade away and he finished thrashing about on the floor, he sat up and rubbed his forehead, sweating up a storm. When he looked around, he could hear soo much better. He could hear clocks all the way downstairs in the rooms below as if he was standing next to them. His eyes, it was like he was looking at everything in high definition, not even the small mouse nibbling on a piece of bread in the shadows down the hall could escape his eyes. The scents now, they were soo strong he could smell that the bread the mouse was nibbling on was texas garlic bread. Wow...this was defiently a step up the ladder.

"You have been born anew Eddie, welcome to the night life." Sarah said playfully moving up behind Ed as she rested an arm on his shoulder, causing said blonde to smirk at her words as his gaze still held on the rooms before him.

"Thanks for this. Don't worry Alphonse....before you know it you'll be in your old body in no time at all. I promise." Ed said aloud while he closed his eyes.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CuteFox300 on August 23, 2010, 8:52:20 AM

CuteFox300 on
CuteFox300Whoa that was so unexpected....O.O Ed a vampire?...I can't imagine the look on Al's face when he sees that! TT-TT

SweetxinsanityxSarah on August 23, 2010, 12:24:30 PM

SweetxinsanityxSarah on
SweetxinsanityxSarahYush but he aint no sparkly pixie like Cullen that's for sho. And he'll probly have a chibi hampster face of doom. xD
I love when he makes that face.