Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Usual words on the usual street

A sweet little fable that shows not all creatures that go bump in the night are out to harm you. (A crossover of Legacy of Kain and Fullmetal Alchemist)

Chapter 5 - Usual words on the usual street

Chapter 5 - Usual words on the usual street
Seven years had passed since Edward was officially declared a state alchemist and obtaining the name "Fullmetal." He had gone on many adventures with his brother Alphonse, all in hopes of obtaining the sacred stone said to ignore all the rules of alchemy and turn led into gold. However during those quests, he managed to help many and earn much respect..thus earning a new title; "Hero of the people." I found that darker forces had their eyes on the two Elric brothers too...one force known as the homunculi...and another much greater threat. Though I am unable to pinpoint the other source of trouble, all I know is that they have their eyes on Edward.

But besides that, I have also discovered myself and Ancheron are not the only immortals in Amestris, yes to my surprise there are vampires roaming about this world too! And in great numbers also. But it puzzels me as to how they are here and flourishing..while the vampires of Nosgoth are dwindling to alarming numbers..soon to vanish from the world. Ancheron tells me it is due to an ancient order of elders that made a pact with King Bradley and the other leaders of this world that the immortals are to remain a secret from humanity as long as they promise not to hunt humanity like livestock. Plus the vampires of this world; most of them that is, can blend in perfectly with humanity due to their appearences being more human like in nature; and not like the vampires of Nosgoth at all. I understand this, but what perplexes me more is that Ancheron also had told me at one time that the reason vampires exist here and on Earth is due to an ancient vampire of Nosgoth breeding with an ancient immortal woman eaons ago on Earth. From there vampires slowly evolved to be more human like in nature, and more powerful than their Nosgothian ancestors when it comes to being in sunlight and enduring the burning of water....where could that ancient be now? Or more to the point..who was he? And how did he come to Earth and how did the vampires get here to Amestris? Well that is a thought for another time, for now I have to go meet Ancheron..he has a mission for me of dire importance involving Edward....


Raziel carefully scaled across the rooftops, being careful to stay out of sight of the townsfolk. When he noticed that male with jet black hair; this time his dark locks streaked green while wearing those sunglasses that hardly were removed reflected in the morning sun; he climbed down, landing behind him. He was greatful the male had stood in a dank alleyway, considering being spotted by a civilian was always soo troublesome for the both of them.

"Ah good, right on time as always Razzy." Ancheron said, smirking as he glanced over his shoulder at the shorter blueish purple tinged wraith.

"You know I dont like to keep others waiting. Then again I should have kept you considering you totured me with that blasted "Lady Gaga" music for a week at Katoteros when I was recovering from that mission in Shing." Raziel muttered as he sent a glare Ancheron's way, who in turn grinned putting his hands up defensivly.

"Relax Raz, I meant no harm in it. Plus Simi loves her music more than me, and I would rather have her blasting that then going crazy with my credit card." he retorted as the soul reaver murred.

"You spoil that demon too much. You cant even say no to her without her getting in a tizzy." Raziel exclaimed folding his arms as Ancheron chuckled looking away as he adjusted his sunglasses.

"She's a present from my mother and was the only one there for me during my 11,000 years on earth. So yes I spoil her, it's my way of saying thanks. For if it wasent for her I'd have probly let mama dearest destroy the cosmos." he explained as the wraith nodded some while sweatdropping.

"Well true...I keep forgetting what a hellish life you lived both as a human and a god. Forgive me for my curtness." Raziel then stated as Ancheron waved a dismissive hand.

"No worries, though your's wasent a picnic either. But ah enough of that, now about your new mission." Ancheron then stated, taking Raziel by the shoulder as they teleported off into another section of the city. Reappearing next to a bookstore as the wraith ducked out of sight. Ancheron looked about a few times before he nudged the smaller blue male. "There's your target." He then said, pointing out a tall pale female with long flowing black hair and ebony blue hues. She was dressed in a pair of low hip hugging cut offs while her upperhalf was adorned in a black zip up tank top. Fingerless long sleeved gloves trimmed red wrapped around her arms while a silver skull brandishing gold wings hung from the choker around her neck. Raziel also noticed she had an odd diamond marking with lightning bolts on both sides of it was tattooed on her stomach just above her belly button.

"I sense no evil in her...so why is she a threat?" Raziel asked quizzicly as he looked to his boss. The taller male grinned that playful grin as the wraith sweatdropped. He knew that look meant mischief; no doubt about that.

"She's not a target to kill. You just have to lure her towards the town square where the big water fountain is near the clock." Ancheron explained as the wraith tilted his head. Now he was really confused.

"How does this involve Edward?" He asked as Ancheron snickered.

"Ed's heading in that direction with Alphonse. They always visit that spot to place a small memento there for Nina; since it was her favorite spot after all." Ancheron replied as Raziel nodded some. Yes little Nina; the daughter of the deranged Shou Tucker. Back during Edward's alchemy exams, he had stayed with this man and him and Alphonse formed a brotherly bond with Shou's daughter and her dog Alexander. However desperate at not wanting to flunk his annual exam to keep his liscense to practice alchemy; Shou Tucker had made a talking chimera...made up of his dog and Nina. Sadly the same chimera didnt last very long, being killed by the serial killer Scar alongside her father. This event had wounded both brothers deeply, and shown just how human they both were.

"I am still confused though...why am I to lure the girl there?" Raziel then asked as Ancheron gave him that playful grin again. How Raziel hated when this man acted soo mischievous when it came to things like this. Or when he would be cryptic and not tell him what he meant. Ugh!

"You never played matchmaker have you Razzy?" Ancheron then asked as Raziel then blinked in surprise before sweatdropping.

"You mean we...are going to hook Edward up with this woman?" He asked as the ravenette god nodded.

"Bingo!"

Raziel was very confused now, cause now that he looked more at the girl..he could not only sense that she was good at heart; but an immortal too. And not just any type of immortal, but something he once was soo long ago; a vampire.

"I dont know...I mean she's 4 centuries years old, I doubt she's interested in someone of Edward's stature and age. I mean he is barely a man now and still as stubborn and hot tempered as ever. Plus he wouldnt be able to be with her for long, since she's immortal and all." Raziel then pointed out as Ancheron just chuckled more.

"You think too simple minded sometimes Raz. She could always turn Edward if she wants too. Dont forget about the dark gift. Plus you never know...I mean hell some chicks are into bald guys. And maybe she's into short and sassy blondes; who knows." Ancheron retorted as Raziel sent him an accusing look.

"You would know. Otherwise you wouldnt be arranging this meeting you trickster." Raziel said, knowing full well that Ancheron had read the girls thoughts at one time or another as the god of the final fate gave him a sheepish grin, he knew that the Reaver of Souls had found him out.
"Also, doesnt Edward have eyes for Winry; his childhood friend?" The wraith then asked as Ancheron frowned and looked away at this, causing Raziel to grow all the more curious.

"Yes he did...but Winry shot him down. He poured his heart out to her and asked her to be with him..but she told him she didnt want to risk such a relationship. That she was scared something would happen to him and it would be too much for her heart to handle. Plus she prefered him as a brother more than a companion. This happened during your mission in Shing..hence why you didnt know." Ancheron then replied in a gentle yet stern voice as Raziel nodded, looking towards the girl now.

"Ah yes...that does explain why Edward refused to go to Risembool to get his automail repaired. That is til Armstrong had to call Winry to Central that is. It must have been very hard on him..." Raziel then said as Ancheron nodded gently.

"Wounds to the heart cut much deeper and sting much greater than wounds to the body. Plus they heal much slower." Ancheron said softly as the wraith twinged some, he knew that Ancheron knew this form personal experiance..since he had multiple wounds to the heart soo great that it was a wonder if they healed at all.

"Well...gloom aside. How do I get her to cross paths with Edward?" Raziel then asked as Ancheron nodded before he pointed to the girl's choker as she read through a manga while leaning against the bookstore's side wall.

"That's your bait. Take that choker from her and she'll follow without a doubt. It's a memento from her father so you'll know she will want it back. And make sure to make yourself scarce once you reach the town square cause knowing Edward he'll already be there with Alphonse. And we cant risk you getting noticed." The taller male stated as Raziel nodded.

"So...he's not ready to meet me yet huh?" Raziel asked as Ancheron shook his head.

"Not yet..but soon so patience Raz. For now just concentrate on helping to make Ed happy with this lil lady. Now get moving before she decides to relocate; she's a speed reader." Acheron then said as the wraith nodded, climbing up towards the rooftops once more while he then leapt towards the bookstore's roof. Then looking about a few times to make sure no one was around, he carefully crawled down the side where the girl was; positioned inches above her head. Once he was sure she was enthralled in the manga completly, he reached down with lightning quick reflexes and snatched the choker off her slender white neck. The girl squeaked in surprise, instantly reaching up to her throat before she whirled around and looked up. Her angry glare turned to that of fright when she saw the wraith before her as he waved the choker about in his two claws.

"Looking for this?" he asked calmy as she then glared again, this one much more intense than the first.

"Give that back!" she hissed out, her temper flaring as Raziel shook his clawed finger at her.

"Tut tut, who are you to mouth off to your elder? No I think I'll keep this. That is if you can catch me that is." Raziel then teased out, turning around as he crawled up the wall with ease before dashing off. Hearing the girl curse loudly, he chuckled to himself. "She's just as fiery as Edward." he said to himself, sweatdropping when she appeared on the roof in a flash and was three paces behind him. "Good lord she's fast! Ancheron failed to mention this to me!" he then yelled, picking up speed as he dashed off the roof, gliding towards another one and then another.

"Dammit get your skinny pantless @$$ back here you friggin smurf!" The ravenette beauty then hollared as Raziel chuckled, glancing over his shoulder as the girl nearly slipped off the roof but was glaring at the wraith all the while.

"Such language...you think im going to come over there after orders like that? You must be daft woman!" Raziel retorted, yelping as he ducked, nearly being speared through the head by an icicle, courtesy of the female vampire. "Well now im defiently not coming over!" Raziel then shot back as he turned and dashed off once more.

Note to self...yell at Ancheron for forgetting to tell me about this vampire's temper and powers. Raziel then thought, swearing he'd get back at that big oaf of a god later for making him have to lure this madwoman along.

"When I get my hands on you..you'll be wishing you were even more dead than you are now!!" The girl then hollared after Raziel, growling as she kept close behind him, easily jumping along the rooftops and narrow ledges. She shown she was just as talented at parkour as the wraith himself. Though her speed was getting the better of the wraith. For a few times she nearly caught him. Thankfully Raziel knew this town inside and out and managed to outwit her and escape. But now that they were nearing the destination, the water fountain's clock already coming into sight; he knew he had to ditch her to prevent him from being seen by the Elric's. He doubt she would just ignore him to look at Ed, sure the blonde was handsome but not drop dead goregous as Simi called some men. It was risky, but he would have to rely on his dark reaver for this. Sure it cloaked his presence but only to an extent. And this girl was an not a fledgling, if she put her mind to it; she would be able to sense him out despite his being invisible.

"It's worth a shot." Raziel then said to himself, landing on a rooftop just before the town square fountain as he then looked over his shoulder, the pale ravenette was closing in on him and fast. "Well my dear, for now I say farewell. We'll meet again. Til next time." Raziel then said, waving his dark blade a few times before he fully vanished from sight. Then to prevent her from tackling him, leapt completly over her form as she meeped and fell off the rooftop, clinging to it as she then cursed loudly. Raziel then watched as she muttered all sorts of things she would do if she were to catch him while she scaled down the side of the building. Then he remembered Ancheron's words...the choker was the bait. Glancing down at the object in hand, he then flung it towards the fountain. Seeing the item glint in the sunlight, the girl squeaked and ran after it...only to stop short when she noticed the two sitting at the fountain, namely the shorter one sitting next to the armor.

Well Ancheron knows these two well. Here they are right on time. Raziel then thought to himself with a chuckle. There they were, talking to one another as Edward placed a small doll near the fountain's clock. He had a melancholy look on his features. No doubt due to the fact it was Nina's birthday. It was amazing what a big heart Edward and Alphonse had; to treat a simple little girl as if she were their little sister. Though his attention went to the ravenette now...how would she react? The Elric's hadnt spotted her, but she defiently saw them. Her eyes were wide in shock, as if she had seen a car crash of disaterous perportions and couldnt look away. The wraith was very curious now...why did she look soo stunned? He hadnt recalled these two ever meeting, nor was it a look of someone who was standing before a celeberity.

"Hi...Hikari? Is that hi..no it couldnt be..that was too long ago. It couldnt be my precious Hikari..but who then? He looks just like him. Why?" The girl said to herself, shaking her head in disbelief as she backed away, frightened like a scared deer. Then in a flash she whirled around and dashed off, leaving her memento on the ground as she ran deep into the city and out of Raziel's sight.

"Well...that was unexpected." Raziel said, rising to his feet to go after the girl, but a hand on his shoulder haulted his actions as he turned to see a smiling Ancheron.

"No worries, you did your job well Raz." Ancheron stated, making the wraith sit down again as he quirked a brow.

"Now im very confused....you wanted them to meet yes? Well how come she ran off and Edward didnt even lay eyes on her? I dont think playing Eros works like that." Raziel replied scratching the back of his head as the taller god laughed grinning.

"It's 'playing Cupid.' And it went much better than planned. We set the wheels in motion, that's all that matters." Ancheron explained as Raziel sent him a bored look.

"Quit being cryptic for once and tell me what you mean." He said in an annoyed tone as Ancheron put his hands up.

"Easy now, what I meant by my last comment is that I was afraid she was going to attack Edward. But luckily she still holds a flame for "Hikari" so it's a very good sign. And Edward didnt have to see her, she saw him which is a good start." Ancheron then said as Raziel pondered a few moments on this.

"Ah..so scorned lover? And Edward happens to look like her past beloved no doubt yes? But what's going to happen because of this?" Raziel then asked as Ancheron shrugged while looking towards the two Elric's down below.

"Correct on both statements...and I suppose she's going to stalk the hell out of him. Trust me she had a big thing for her "Hikari"." He replied as Raziel flailed turning to face Ancheron now.

"We wanted to give him a girlfriend, not someone who might kill him!" Raziel shot back as Ancheron flicked Raziel's forehead.

"Easyyy Raz, relax. She wont kill him I know this much. She might want to at first due to how badly "Hikari" hurt her in the past. But her goodhearted nature she got from her father will prevent her from doing so. You said so yourself you sensed no evil in her right?" Ancheron then pointed out as the wraith hesitated before nodding as he relaxed, sitting back down again.

"Yes that is true...but what's going to happen once they meet officially?" Raziel then asked, glancing to the taller male who shrugged smiling.

"Romance doesnt bloom too quickly..especially not this one. It will start off slow at first as friends. But certian events will cause their bond to tighten and before long they'll be inseperable. Hell who knows, we might even be planning their wedding next." Ancheron said jokingly as Raziel nodded with a light laugh.

"True..and they do say the latest of bloomers are the most beautiful once they reach their peek of perfection. However...I doubt you are playing matchmaker just because Edward is lonely..there is much more to this isnt there?" Raziel then exclaimed, sending an accusing look to Ancheron as he smirked playfully.

"Well let's just say this: The past and future are about to collide. For legends of old will aid in the journey to know today. One soul shall seek another and pledge their sworn friendship to another. One mystery shall beget the next...and the doors of fate will be opened." Ancheron then stated in a calm tone as Raziel nodded to this, looking to the two boys now too as he folded his arms in thought.

"It appears we are merely at the threshhold then yes?" Raziel then asked as Ancheron gave a light nod.

"Yes but as Janos once said, you are the fulcrum upon which this era depends. Without you, this wouldnt be possible." Ancheron then pointed out as Raziel scoffed.

"You show too much kindness. I doubt this girl would have depended on only myself to have crossed paths with Edward." Raziel stated as Ancheron shook his head.

"No it's true Raz. If she hadnt met him right now, this future would have changed dramaticly, maybe for the worse too. They'd have probly turned out to be enemies, or never have met at all. I mean it is a big city, Central." Ancheron then said as Raziel nodded some to this. "Plus Winry might have gone back to Edward, and he would know soo little about his destiny, and thus the noose around the cosmos would have grown tighter." Ancheron then added as Raziel gave a odd look.

"Soo...it's fated for these two to be together?" He asked as Ancheron shrugged once more as he stood up.

"Maybe...or maybe friends. Depends on the outcome. All we know is that the universe is alittle safer now that the one knows of the other's existance. But let's hope for the best that they form a strong bond and are able to stand ready when the doors of fate are opened. Til then keep an eye on Elrics for today. But next week your going to have to head out to Schlafrig Hoble to do some scouting with Vincent. Seems are big threat from Shing is moving locations now that he knows there's nothing useful there." Ancheron then said, patting Raziel on the shoulder as the wraith nodded.

"Right, it will be good to see Vincent again. Tell him to try and be more talkative though please?" Raziel then asked as Ancheron chuckled.

"He says he'll talk to you more if you would just wear pants." Ancheron replied, waving as he vanished as the wraith had a turn to laugh now as he shook his head.

"Soo...the doors of fate will be opened huh? I do hope we will be able to face whatever lingers within those doors. But knowing Edward he'll just laugh at that beast before pummeling it into submission. For now though...we can only imagine the outcome as we stand at the threshhold of a new aeon....." Raziel then said aloud to himself, eyes resting on the two Elrics who seemed to have brightened up mood wise now as they talked, Edward laughing as he shoved Alphonse some. "I know you can face any dangers Edward. Cause you have your friends as your shield and motivation...and your fullmetal heart as your weapon. And no evil no matter how powerful can penetrate that." Raziel then exclaimed, standing up now as he turned and walked off, vanishing into the shadows of the city.

Close to outskirts of Central, a woman came walking into view, clad in purple armor; a matching tiara with devil shaped horns adorning the sides of it and boots, one short and one long were upon her feet, hiding some of her pale skin. She looked towards the town calmly from her steep hillside view where she stood, the wind whipping through her long black hair as her violet hues scanned the vast city.

"So this is Amestris...the place where the end of days shall begin again." The woman said to herself, folding her arms then.

"Heh..let's see if Dart's descendant is up to the task....." She then said with a light-hearted smirk while swiping a few fingers through her dark hair as a glowing red jem flickered in her pocket.

Off in Dublin, on the quiet little island of Yock; a lone tree stands near the shore leading into the forest; not too far off from the tree that Edward cut notches into indicatiing the days that passed. On this other tree, is a poem carved into the bark, it reads:

There is always sleep between part and meet
With our usual words on the usual street.
So let us part like we always do...
And in a world without you
I'll think of you.
When you come to, let us meet
With our usual words on the usual street.


Edward still wonders who wrote this to this day when he had returned there a few years back with Alphonse.



THE END.
Or should I say...
The beginning?

(If you wish to know what
happens next in Edward's Journies; read
"To Challenge The night")

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Tinkster on September 30, 2011, 8:02:49 AM

Tinkster on
Comment Deleted

SweetxinsanityxSarah on September 30, 2011, 2:27:58 PM

SweetxinsanityxSarah on
SweetxinsanityxSarahYush cliffhangers are my forte. x3

And oh yes To Challange the Night is a must read!
I'm pouring alot of work in to that one so I would luff if ya read it!