Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Real Folk Blues

A young girl's life takes a turn for the better when she finds a mysterious artifact in an antique shop. But then she learns not everything is at it seems when the body count of her foes starts to pile up...

Chapter 1 - Real Folk Blues

Chapter 1 - Real Folk Blues
God things were such a damn drag, Ming Ling wanted to pull her hair out and scream. This day had started off nice and peaceful, but only took a turn for the worse yet again thanks to 'grandpa dearest'. What the hell had crawled up his @$$? He had gotten dogy with her just because the fact she was an insomniac and watched anime. Not only that but he blew a gasket when she failed to answer the door for him when she was truely busy cleaning the shower and couldnt hear him from the upstairs. Jesus this is what she gets for doing a good deed? Some world this was, getting a lynching for sleeping past noon and not being interested in the craptastic sitcom that was stupid Icarly or Zeke and Luthor. Hey sure Fullmetal Alchemist and Durarara were cartoons, but they ran circles around those stupid @$$ sitcoms when it came to intellect and clever storytelling! Oh and the fact she prefered to draw and didnt have a job at the time didnt help. But try telling this jackass that was stuck in the 50s that finding a job nowadays was nearly as impossible as getting a penguin to sing opera! And that had been the high points of her arguement with him that day, which resulted in her either finding a job, or moving in with her father. And she'd be damned at leaving her mother alone. Sure her brother was temporarily staying with them due to issues with his girlfriend, but that was just it, it was a temporary stay.

She just wanted to cry, it wasnt fair that her grandparents idolized her busy body cousins while turning a nose to her family just because they werent rich or worked til they dropped dead. Out of frustration she had stormed out of the house and left to go to the library that day, she just had to clear her head and be away from him. And to think she used to idolize this jerk! Now whenever he visited she felt herself get physically sick along with her mother and brother. But that's the hell you have to endure when your grandparents are your landlords. She tucked herself into the back of the place, reading Shonun Jump's latest issue while curled up on one of the chairs, tuning out the kids running about along with the loud mouthed jocks going on about pictures on facebook and what not. Ugh, Ming Ling couldnt stand people who were all about their looks. Sure she herself had a Facebook, but good luck finding a willing picture of herself on it. No no what plastered her facebook were photos and screens of the awsomeness that was Raziel from Legacy of Kain, Edward Elric of FMA, or 2nd State Hollow Ichigo from Bleach. She made it clear that her Facebook wouldnt be shallow like 40 percent of the other ones she saw.

But when it did come to her appearence, no she wasnt ashamed of it; just camara shy like her mother was all. Her long brown hair touched the middle of her back and her bangs constantly needed to be cut. Royal blue eyes hid behind a pair of oval glasses with gold thin frames. Her skin was pale though was starting to tan abit due to her constant bike riding in the summertime. During the warm weather which was starting to kick in due to mid May; she was usually caught wearing a mini T-shirt of Happy Bunny or something demonic on the front of the shirt like a skull, Reaper, or dragon. And she topped off the look with a badly ripped pair of cut off jeans and fingerless leather gloves. However when it was cold out, she'd wear a pair of purposely ripped jeans and a black oversized hoodie. Right now though she didnt care and just wore her regular mini t and cut offs. She was just starting to get into the story called "Psyrn" that the manga had to offer, when she heard a bunch of girls mocking a certian wraith on Facebook. She didnt bother to look, Ming Ling learned from her brother not to cause attention to yourself by staring. Perefhiral vision was the key to seeing without being noticed you are looking.

"Team Raziel? Ew who would love that freakshow haha! What a bunch of losers, they must be necrophiliacs~!" One blonde bimbo barbie called out. Well she was more of a Bratz doll when it came to looks, as in she looked like a flat out date rape daddy issues whore. Ugh how Ming Ling hated when moronic little younglings looked at something with just their eyes. It wasnt a team for fangirls of Raziel, considering the fact half the team were guys. It was infact a team of FANS, those who know what a true creature of the night really was. Not some stupid angsty little vampire or werewolf who loved a shallow little dog who wanted to be anywhere but there. She knew this well because she had brought said team together to help bring down the downfall of the Twilight retards who based everything off looks and sparkles and hurting yourself to get attention from a loser anti hygenic vampire who killed defenseless animals for blood. When the mocking got too severe, Ming Ling couldnt keep quiet anymore.

"It's not a fanclub based on lust for Raziel. For one he lacks the right parts to please another. It's a fanclub based on the example of what a true creature of the night is. And not only him, but the club celebrates the genious story that is Legacy of Kain. But then again your tiny little brains would explode if you even heard the monologue for Raziel's introduction in Soul Reaver since the terms and advanced dialogue would be too much for you all to comprehend. Besides it wasnt his choice to look like that. Infact he did look dateable back when he was a vampire, but thanks to Kain he looks like that now. Tell me, do you point and laugh at burn victems for shoots and giggles at the hospital?" Ming Ling said calmly as the girls all looked to her. A few of them got confused looks on their faces from her statement, though a few clamed up when she said the last part.

"Uh sorry we d-"

"No you didnt know. Legacy of Kain isnt about emo little vamps who sparkle and claim they are badasses and threaten to hurt the girl they love. Though it does have plenty of sorrow and angst in it, but they do it without having to add all that romance and drama bullshoot. They do it with revenge and destiny and actually back themselves up when they claim they are powerful. Kain and Raziel would make mince meat of your little Jacob and Edward and they have a real reason to fight each other. They fight cause of hatred and betrayel, not because they want the same stupid shallow girl. If it were up to me, that damn story would have ended with Bella getting hit by that van! But oh you probly wouldnt mind since you sluts probly would want that fag for yourselves." Ming Ling hissed out. Of course the blonde went running at her, nails at the ready though Ming Ling was ready for her, not even flinching, she grabbed ironically, a stupid looking hardback graphic novel of Twilight, and sent the blonde falling on her @$$ with it. "Oh look, the books good for something after all instead of just toilet paper." she replied with a smirk. Turning then she waltzed out through the back. Lucky for her the libarians had stopped the girls from chasing after her. They had known the group better than her (as in they were quite the trouble makers), and the curly haired middle aged libarian had seen that the blonde made the first move, and told her to leave if she couldnt handle a simple debate. Still though Ming Ling felt rattled and on edge.

"God I hope bro's in the mood for Mortal Kombat 9, I feel like tearing someone's spine out." Ming Ling muttered, taking a short cut on her bike through the cemetary. Though for some reason she didnt feel like going home just yet, she had forty minutes to kill so she might as well browse around town. A few minutes later she was in the upper part of town, glancing at windows with bored blue eyes. Bah the stores were going to hell nowadays in this tiny little town of Berwick. Dollar stores had little to nothing to sell, chinese and subway restruants adorned every other street in the different sections of town. But then one shop next to the movie theatre caught her eye. It was a historiacal antique shop that held items from every nation named Sojourner Imports. Ah alas though, it looked as if it was going to go out of business in a few months, hence the huge cutbacks on the items that would normally sell for close to 80 or 100 bucks a peice. It was to be expected though from a small little town that worshipped it's sucky @$$ football team and spat on anything having to do with art and culture. Deciding to take a look inside, the brunette locked up her bike and headed inside.

"Woo damn yeah this smells like an antique shop." Ming Ling muttered, covering her nose due to the intense smell of incense that greeted her nostrils. However the place indeed looked promising. Hell the first thing she saw was a huge chinese dragon kite that hung from the ceiling. A silent snarl graced it's features while it's vast wings and tail practicly took up the whole store ceiling. At one side of the store offered all sorts of carved statues of different sizes along with different types of clothing and folded up kites of other animals. On another were jewelry stands of things ranging from mood rings to african necklaces of great authinticity. "Wow, this place has it all." She said, grinning as she looked over a huge gold mini statue of Shiva that looked like an incense holder.

"Yup, everything's imported too." Said a voice from off to the left of her. Squeaking, Ming Ling whirled around to see an elderly gentleman with an unkempt beard streaked black and grey and a muss of black and grey streaked hair tied into a bushy ponytail. He reminded her of an old samurai, and that scar across his one cheek added to the look. "Ah dont be alarmed, Im not following you around for suspecion of shoplifting or anything like that. I just prefer to greet my customers...though your the first in a long time heh." The man exclaimed with a light laugh, waving a dismissive hand as he turned and walked over to the one statue, fixing it stand upright since it was leaning to the side beforehand.

"Oh no it's not that, I was just startled is all. I dont like people sneaking up on me. But that's ok, it wasnt your fault you didnt know. But why suspect me of stealing?" Ming Ling asked, tilting her head to the side as the male gave a weak sigh.

"Alot of little pests have been breaking into my store lately at night. Stealing some of my merchandise to no doubt pwn off for drugs. It's the reason im going out of business here. I would be much better off taking my store to the bigger parts of the city like a mall or somethin. Though it's a shame since I wanted to bring alittle culture to this town. But it seems they only care about drugs and those dumb Berwick Bulldogs or whatever they are called." The man said with a bit of disappointment to his voice. Ming Ling couldnt help but give a small smile to his statement, finally someone who saw things like her when it came to this stupid town.

"It's a shame indeed. Though you'd be better off going to Bloomsburg or Columbia if you want to find people who enjoy culture and not the berwick poodles." Ming Ling exclaimed sarcasticly, giving the old man a few good laughs before he smiled back at her.

"So, what can I get you hun? Anything that suits your fancy here? Oh and im Mr. Mitsurigi Hashima." The man stated, introducing himself as Ming Ling nodded.

"I'm Ming Ling, and well; I already have one of those dragon kites...sooo, got anything unique or off the wall here?" Ming Ling asked, the man scratched his beard a few times in thought before getting an idea. Turning, he shuffled over towards a few statues. Picking one up, he showed it to her as the brunette 22 year old squeaked when she realized what the two figures in the statue were doing.

"How about a fertility statue? Thing really works too! I had some lil lady come in here with abunch of her friends a month ago and she jokingly touched the baby the woman was holding in it and a week later she came storming in with her mom claiming she was expecting. Though of course I covered my booty and told her condoms are essential to a relationship. But I knew well that this lil number here did the damage." Mitsurgi exclaimed while winking. Ming Ling chuckled nervously while shaking her head and putting her hands up quickly.

"Thanks but no thanks...im not ready to have kids just yet. Plus the last thing I need is my sister visiting and touching that thing. She has three kids already and that's enough for her." She exclaimed, causing the man to laugh more as he shrugged.

"Ah it was worth a shot. Hmmm how about this?" He then said, turning to pick up a miniture coffin as Ming Ling sweatdropped.

"Eh I dont think so, doubt I'll fit in it sir." She stated as the shopkeeper chuckled, putting the item back down as he scratched his beard more while inspecting her.

"Hmmmm, it seems from what you said about getting a dragon kite, you like eastern land of the rising sun stuff right?" He asked as Ming Ling nodded.

"Oh yes sir, though i'm mostly american, my grandmother on my father's side was japenese. I guess you could say im homesick." Ming Ling said jokingly as Mitsurigi chuckled.

"Ah then I know juuuust the thing. Come with me, I keep this lil number in the back locked up nice and tight." He said with a glint of mischief in his eyes. Ming Ling sweatdropped, oh lord she hoped he wasnt one of THOSE types of shopkeeps. She watched plenty of mystery and murder documentries to know. Though she felt she could trust him, and she had a good sense of judgement. Hell had her brother listened to her about his psycho gf, maybe he wouldnt be in such a mess and living with her and mom right now. Making her way towards the back, she stepped past the draping beads that made up the curtian before parting another set of curtians actually made up of real fabric this time. It was then that she let out a frightened yet awe inspired squeak. Eyes widening as she laid eyes in the item before her.

"Oh my god...what is it?"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment