Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Bump in the Night

A young girl's life takes a turn for the better when she finds a mysterious artifact in an antique shop. But then she learns not everything is at it seems when the body count of her foes starts to pile up...

Chapter 4 - Bump in the Night

Chapter 4 - Bump in the Night
Ming Ling grunted, rubbing at her eyes as she currently dug through a yard sale bin filled with old school action figures. She partially wanted to get one for herself; but mostly wanted to get one for her nephew. She probly could too, since the oldest was a huge Star wars nut and there were a few old school Luke Skywalker figures in the bin.

"Ming lookie what I found!" A voice called out eagerly as she glanced up, meeping when water squirted in her face.

"Itai what the hell Kikai?!" Ming Ling whined out, taking her glasses off as she wiped them clean while a blood red headed male sporting purple colored glasses grinned triumphetly at her, holding a Queen Alien figure in his hands.

"It's an original Queen Alien no foolin! You know how rare this will be when Promethous hits theatres? Why they are selling it I havent the slightest clue!" Kikai said, looking the figure over a few times as Ming Ling sweatdropped, prodding the doll.

"It's missing something on the shoulder for one, and on the left leg it's got a hole..that or it's missing another attachment." she acknowledged as Kikai gasped before turning to the yard sale owners.

"Blasphamy! You dare let this epic figure get this bruised and battered, mixing it with toys such as Teletubbies?! For Shaaaame! No worries my pretty; I shall find your missing peices!" Kikai then yelled dramaticly, diving his head and hands back into the bin while Ming Ling shook her head and sighed sweatdropping.

"Always the weird one..as your namesake implies." Ming Ling said chuckling before she tilted her head and noticed the paper the woman was reading. The headline caught her eye most of all: MURDER OF TWO IN DOWNTOWN BERWICK!
"Hey can I read that when you're finished? I think my friend's going to be awhile." Ming Ling then asked as the woman nodded with a smile, handing her the paper anyways.

"Sure sweetie, I'm done with that part anyway; I dont read stuff like that...too depressing what this town is coming to nowadays." The woman said shaking her head with a sigh as Ming Ling thanked her, reading over the story. Most of the pictures had been of tarp covered bodies, but the police described the scene as 'a slaughter house'. And some even claimed to have lost their lunch. But the faces of the girls who were killed, gave her chills. Werent they those bimbos that ruffled her feathers at the library? It had to be them...then again all preps did somewhat look alike. As in cheap Icarly or Victorious knock offs.

"Woo..brutal." Kikai said, peeking over Ming Ling's shoulder as she squawked jumping, before glaring at the taller male.

"Give me a warning next time! And are ya done scuffling around for Alien Queen's parts?" She asked as Kikai gave a solem face, patting the Queen's head.

"Alas I could not find her AWOL limbs, but the doctor says she should make it despite the injuries from the wretched Teletubbie army." The red head exclaimed as Ming Ling facepalmed, but managed to chuckle nonetheless.

"Alright pay for her and let's get motering; i've been itching to see some new Sephiroth amvs for awhile now." Ming Ling said, turning to head for her bike while Kikai paid the woman fifty cents before following after his brunette friend.

"Ah, have a thing for the loin-lacking One winged Angel neh?" Kikai asked grinning as Ming Ling murred, glaring over her shoulder.

"He does have genetailia unlike Raziel. He just is too busy trying to become a god to use it. Did you know though in the first drafts of the script, they were going to make him and Aeris lovers? So Ha chew on that red!" Ming Ling retorted; proud of her Sephiroth knowledge whereas Kikai nodded, riding alongside her on his own bike.

"True true...but giving him the mother worshipping complex seemed more appealing....makes ya wonder how much he loves his mot-"

"Finish that sentance and your Queen Alien shall be making a hive in your stomach, entering in a rather unpleasent way; and I dont mean the mouth." Ming Ling cut in smiling as Kikai paused for a few moments.

"You mean end it with a period?" Kikai then retorted sneering, speeding up his bike as Ming Ling growled chasing after him on her's. "I regret nothing!"

A few hours of watching vids, and Kikai jokes later, the duo headed back to Ming Ling's, as the red head wished to stay abit longer since boredom was at very high levels during this time of pre-summer season.

"I cant wait til mah future wifey comes back from the hospital tommorrow. We shall have this Queenie be our babeh as practice before the real thing, and I shall name her....Eileen." Kikai exclaimed, holding the Queen Alien figure up proudly while Ming Ling growled. Eversince her mom had hit on Kikai that one time, the duo made it a great effort to annoy Ming Ling with the threat of Kikai becoming her father. Of course it would never happen; but her mom and the red headed menace still found it fun to chap the brunette's @$$ about it.

"Aint no way she's going to be my sis, and you my dad." Ming Ling said, locking up her bike as Kikai whined, following her inside.

"Awww come on. I wont ground ya too much!" Kikai joked, ducking a light hearted bonk Ming Ling tried on him as he grinned.

"Ha-Haa~! I am too swift for y-" he was cut off though, flailing when Mojo clung to his face as he sweatdropped. "I always wanted pussy on my face; but this is ridiculus." He muttered, flailing more when a snickering Ming Ling pried the feline off his face.

"Karma, a wonderful mistress neh? Anywhos let's go play a few of my games. I'm dying to try my new leveled up Trunks on ya. That or SS4 Vegeta." Ming Ling stated, heading up the stairs as the eccentric male followed. Grinning, she managed to beat him up to the top of the staircase, pulling her doll Evan into view as she placed him at the top, sitting there in a creepy way with his head tilted at an angle most disturbing. Kikai himself wasent too bothered by dolls..it was the fact he somewhat resembled a spider that Ming Ling knew Kikai would freak out at. And once the red head turned the corner, she heard a small yelp before a battle cry rang out.

"Go Eileen, pwn the spider girl!" Kikai hollared, flinging the Alien action figure at Evan as Ming Ling meeped, quickly catching the offending figure before she glared.

"Kikai! Relax HE isnt real. Just a doll, see?" Ming Ling said laughing, moving Evan about to and fro to prove he was limp and harmless despite his menacing looking claws. The red head frowned, walking up to the odd looking doll as he closely inspected it, even tilting his violet specs down to get a better look. Standing up fully now, he then folded his arms.

"I'll need proof that this is a 'male' as you claim him to be." Kikai said in a professional tone, oofing when Ming Ling used Evan's guantlet to clonk him on the head as he whined in pain.

"Mean he-she spider thingie." he muttered, following Ming Ling into her room as she dragged Evan along. "So where did ya get it, prepubescent gender confused dolls R us?" Kikai then asked as Ming Ling chuckled, placing Evan back in his spot against the wall before she went about setting up the game.

"Nah, antique store. Old fella gave him to me for fifty bucks. Said he was special and something like that." Ming Ling exclaimed, popping in the game titled 'Dragon Ball Z tenkaichi Bodokai'. Kikai nodded, stroking his chin at this before he grinned.

"Well sex dolls do sell for cheap when used." He said, yelping when Ming Ling clonked him on the head with her paddle glaring.

"He's NOT a sex doll. He's just a lifesized doll is all." Ming Ling retorted as Kikai grinned more despite the pain to his cranium.

"Did ya even check? Ya never knowwwww." Kikai said in a sing song voice, causing the brunette to blush before puffing her cheeks.

"W..wha?! Why would I..?! I doubt he even has anything down there!" Ming Ling babbled out blushing darker now as Kikai pointed.

"Ha ha~! That proves it's a chick!" He then said proudly, yelping when his face got smacked with the game cover this time as he keeled over twitching.

Later after the eccentric red head had gone home, Ming Ling was greeted by the sound of her brother coming into the driveway via his old school red camero blasting the song "Bad Company". Waving to him as the beanie sporting somewhat short yet tan brunette male walked in, she grinned mischievously as he eyed her sweatdropping.

"Oh lord, what did you do? I'm not going to find another giant spider in my room again am I?" Her brother Cid asked as she shook her head chuckling.

"Nah that was payback for April fool's day. No this time I got something awsome. I think you'll like him, depending on your tastes." Ming Ling said happily, heading up the stairs for a moment to fetch the doll as Cid sweatdropped even more.

"Pleassse dont tell me you stole that life-sized naked Sephiroth doll from the Square Enix Headquarters like you kept claiming you would. I like the guy...but I kinda dont wanna see his Masamune..ya know?" he asked as Ming Ling giggled and shook her head, coming down the stairs.

"Ha! I wish. But no I'm afraid I cant mentally scar you with that. Besides; your own damn fault for making me your navigator for FF7." Ming Ling retorted, before she proudly held out Evan from under his arms, the doll's head lolling forward as if he was drunk while Cid stepped back abit, shuddering at the thing.

"Wha..that's creepy! Thing looks real almost...is it a guy or girl?" Her brother asked, sweatdropping as he poked at the doll, shuddering more. "Grah...it even feels real! Dammit what did I do to deserve this, you know dolls creep me out." Cid muttered, shuddering at the thing more as Ming Ling grinned playfully.

"Well now I know who to bring down into your room when you go to try and steal my CDs. And dont worry he's a friendly fella..give him a hug!" The younger sibling cooed out, sneering as she pushed Evan forward, lolling his arms out in an attempt to glomp Cid as he flailed and ducked out of it's reach, skittering off down towards the sanctuary of his Man Cave.

"Evil..all you women of this house are pure eviiil!" Cid cried out in fake sadness before he closed the door behind him, causing Ming Ling to laugh before she smiled to the doll's calm sleeping face.

"I think he likes you. Anyways, let's get you up to the room, dont want grandpa popping up and spotting you. Last thing I need his him whining about how I spend my damn money yadda yadda. Bad enough I have to hide Zuzu from him!" Ming Ling said with a sigh, carrying the doll back up to her room. Later that night, Ming Ling had chosen to go to sleep early which was a rare thing for her; considering she was usually an owl, happily watching shows ranging from American Dad, all the way into ATHF and Squidbillies. Due to lacking a bed in her room, she slept on the couch in the living room, snuggled up to her pillow and a blanket stretched loosely over her form which consisted of a tiny black T and red and black ski boxers. Grunting in her sleep, she tried to tune out the sounds of bumps sounding upstairs. She just assumed it was her kitten Mojo running about like a spazz as he always did to wear himself out before sleeping.

"Mojo..no noisemaking. Mommy is sle-" She trailed off though, her heart skipping a few beats when she felt the kitten sleeping soundly next to her. Lifting her head up and staring into the darkness, she tried to calm herself then. "Maybe it's bro rummaging around downstairs..yeah..that's it." she then whispered sitting up more as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Hearing another loud 'thunk' though caused her to yelp, jumping on the couch as Mojo yelped and fell off, giving an angry glare towards his master before she glomped a nearby pillow close to her chest. That sound was defiently coming from the upstairs..and her brother rarely went up there unless he had to shower or pamper and pretty himself for hours on end. Working up her courage, she skittered into the nearby adjacent kitchen, grabbing a long knife from the drawer.

The newslines of the paper from that morning flashing through her mind. No way was a murderer making her the next victem in their killing spree! Carefully she headed up the stairs, one step at a time, listening for signs of the intruder. Her heart picking up speed with each step that felt like an eternity inbetween movements. Finally reaching the bathroom, she could hear what sounded like the shower running. Odd...her brother and herself had already taken showers that day. There was no reason for Cid to take another one. Taking a deep breathe to calm her shaking, Ming Ling then tip toed towards the tub; curtian closed to veil the being from her view which she could clearly see a silloute of in the moonlight from the nearby window. Raising her knife, she glared and yanked back the curtians, only to squeak falling back in surprise...


(To be Continued~! Bahahaha -bricked- Itai! >_o
Anyways Author's note: Kikai does not belong to me, he proudly belongs to my good friend Lackadaisydragon, along with the name Eileen. Just clearing that up for ya in advance! nn)

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lackadaisydragon on June 13, 2012, 7:45:55 PM

Lackadaisydragon on
LackadaisydragonI liked the way you portrayed Kikai in this, very true to my original intent when I first made him. And I was wondering about naming the queen Eileen, whether or not it was supposed to represent my Eileen.

Cool so far.

SweetxinsanityxSarah on June 14, 2012, 4:33:26 PM

SweetxinsanityxSarah on
SweetxinsanityxSarahAh you caught my clever pun. For you see, when you named Eileen, you did say you made it a wordplay off the term 'alien' xP

So yeah I couldnt resist sneaking that tid-bit in there...and since the alien queen herself is epic..it seemed to fit. nn