Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter two

Chase Young has all of the Xiaolin Warriors. When he selects the chosen one he will dispose of the others. The problem is, how will he decide. Turns out he's gonna be having 3 days of quality time with each xiaolin warrior

Chapter 2 - Chapter two

Chapter 2 - Chapter two


Chapter two.

Disclaimer: I do not own xiaolin showndown.

Rai's P.O.V.

Raimundo felt the tension leaving the room the moment Chase Young left. However, when the stone door slid shut, the darkness prevailed. Raimundo shivered slightly. The metal chains rubbed against his ankles and wrists, but it wasn't that that bothered him. He was ashamed of admitting it and he had never let anyone else know, he was afraid of the dark. Not the darkness of the night, but the desolate darkness that lingered in the air, the complete absence of light, and hope. Raimundo was sure that without the presence of his friends, he would be completely unhinged with fear.

But he did not want anyone to see that. He had not wanted Chase Young to see the hopelessness that dwelled within him, so he had just glared coolly, trying to shield his true feelings with a layer of arrogance. That's what he had always done and that is how it would remain.

Raimundo attempted to disturb the darkness by calling out to his friends.

“Guys?”

Nothing.

“Guys?”

He heard the stiff rattling of chains; the hairs on the back of his neck prickled.

“Uhhh…” a groaning.

Raimundo turned his head to his left and saw a stirring shadow.

“Raimundo, partner. Is `at you?”

“Yeah, it's me Clay.”

“You oka'?”

“Yep, never been better.” Raimundo grimaced, trying to ignore the headache that was flaring up. He instead tried to focus on his relief of hearing Clay's voice.

“Kimiko, Omi?”

Raimundo distinguished the strained but nonetheless bubbling voice of omi.

“Clay, it is so good to hear your voice. I will rouse Kimiko. Kimiko, Kimiko?”

“F-FIRE!” A shuddering voice in the darkness, and then a second later, the room blared with light and heat.

Raimundo smiled slightly and felt a rush of gratitude towards Kimiko.

“Phew! Fanx Kimiko. Maybe I'll be able t' find my hat now.”

“A most resourceful idea Kimiko. Perhaps now we will be able to put some flames over the situation.”

Raimundo, although he did not think that it was an appropriate time, out of instinct corrected Omi.

“That's `shine some light on the situation'.”

“That too.”

Raimundo shook his head in both exasperation and relief. He was happy just to be able to see his friends' faces.

“How can be acting like as if everything's all right?”

Raimundo and the others had their attention turned to Kimiko.

Omi asked naively “What do you mean?”

“Omi, we're all Chase Young's prisoners. We don't have any idea what he wants with us or what he's gonna do with us, and there doesn't seem to be any hope of escape.” Her voice shook with bitterness. Silence echoed around the room.

Raimundo silently agreed with her. What is going to happen to us? Clay broke the silence.

“Don't talk lik' at Kimiko. We will find a way outta this. We've been in tighter scraps than this and we've always managed to pull through.”

Why does he sound so uncertain then? Sure we've been through worse. But this is Chase Young. It's not like he's after anything obvious like the sheng gong wu. What does he want then?

Omi spoke slowly and reassuringly. “Do not feel so hopeless Kimiko, for there is always hope. But if you lose faith, there will be no hope. That is how you will be defeated and that is how Chase Young will triumph. Believe in yourself and do not lose faith, because then we have a fighting chance.”


Kimiko smiled weakly and whispered, “Thanks Omi.”




Chase Young's eyes flared open and he murmured, “It is time.”


The judgement leading to the revelation of the chosen one was about to commence, and Chase knew exactly which dragon he would judge first. Using his chi energy, he released a darkness that would accomplish his desires.

Darkness, more foreboding than the one conquered by Kimiko's fire, enveloped the Xiaolin warriors, and sent them falling into a ravine of the unknown…

When the Xiaolin warriors were once again conscious, they found themselves imprisoned in separate cells, surrounded once more by darkness. One however, was missing from their number and at the realisation of this, the darkness intensified.




A sleeping form lay in the centre of a circular room that was barely illuminated by the pinprick of burning candles. The form stirred, and pushed itself into a standing position. A pair of golden, reptilian eyes opened and pierced the darkness, and a chilling voice ensnared the now shaking form of the figure.


“Hello Raimundo.” It said.





Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

finalfantasy on August 12, 2007, 12:52:47 PM

finalfantasy on
finalfantasyAWESOMENESS!!!!!!!! MUST RIGHT MORE!!!!

Kickassgirl on July 6, 2006, 3:18:10 AM

Kickassgirl on
KickassgirlMore! MORE!

Themysticunicorn on February 17, 2006, 5:26:52 AM

Themysticunicorn on
Themysticunicornnice but im gona have night mares for the xioalin worriers now but oh well but this is cool tou

Hybrid_Sunshine on February 3, 2006, 5:00:25 AM

Hybrid_Sunshine on
Hybrid_SunshineThis is a very interesting story so far... Nice! =D